Dark Days for the Kkab

My Sister's Gift

Taeyeon POV

Sunny and I decided to spend some time with our Kkab since she seemed really down lately. We invited Seohyun too, but she declined after telling us that she had other plans.

I strolled inside the ice cream parlor while holding Sunny’s hand. Yuri followed gloomily behind us, not even bothering to smile. She had been like this for a few days now. We had even gotten some calls from concerned parents, when their kids described their teacher’s dilemma.

Sunny ordered for us as I found us some seats.

“Yuri-ah~” whined my Bunny, “aren’t you going to eat your sundae?”

Yuri was slumped in her chair at the ice cream parlor we had brought her to.

“Honestly what’s wrong with you Yul?”

The Kkab just sighed. But to Sunny’s happiness, she sat up and stared to eat her chocolate fudge sundae.

“Hey Tae-unnie…”

“Yeah,” I said as I started to dig into my own strawberry sundae.

Yuri sighed deeply again, “Tae-unnie do you think I did something wrong?”

Sunny scrunched her nose in the cute way she does when she was confused, “What are you taking about Yuri?”

Yuri put down her spoon and sighed again.

“YAH!” I yelled loosing my patience. “What’s the matter with you Kkab?!”

Suddenly to our surprise, Yuri burst into tears.

“Oh my gosh, what’s wrong Yul?!” asked Sunny frantically as she rubbed the Kkab’s back.

“S-S-Sunny u-u-u-unnie, T-T-Taeyeon u-u-unnie, I s-s-screwed u-u-up… B-b-b-big time!!! Wahhhhh~” wailed Yuri.

“Omo Kwon Yuri,” I said as I the Kkab’s hair. “What’d you do?”

Yuri continued to cry and it took some time to calm her down.

“I-I-I went out f-f-for dinner with Yoona t-t-the other n-n-night a-a-and now s-s-she won’t t-t-t-talk to m-m-me! Wahhhhh~”

“Did you do something to offend her?” asked Sunny.

Yuri shook her head so I asked, “Well did something happen during dinner?”

“I-I-I thought i-i-it went f-f-fine… but n-n-n-now she won’t talk t-t-to me. S-s-she completely i-i-ignores me…”

Yuri sniffled as Sunny continued to comfort Yuri.

“I-I-I know it’s strange, because I met her only a few days ago… B-b-b-but I think I like her. No, I love her. I love her so much… Or maybe it’s admiration of her work… I don’t know, but I just… it hurts that she’s ignoring m-m-me…”

“Yul sweetie,” said Sunny comfortingly, “I don’t know what Yoona’s feeling right now but I can see you care for her…”

“Yeah Kkab, I’ve never seen you cry over a girl before,” I added trying to joke around.

“Hehe... I’m a mess aren’t I?” sniffed Yuri. “But I can’t help it, she’s beautiful, she’s kind… she’s perfect and I’m enamored with her now.”

“So what are you going to do Kkab?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” asked Yuri confused.

“She means,” said Sunny, “are you going to just let her go?”

“NEVER!” shouted Yuri, startling the people around us.

Sunny and I smiled.

“Good now that we know what’s bothering you, we can help you,” said Sunny.

I ate a spoonful of strawberry ice cream goodness and smiled.

No One POV

Sunny and Taeyeon had finally comforted the Kkab. Now the three were walking within the mall. The danshin couple had came up with plan and the two were determined to help Yuri. The happy couple walked ahead of Yuri, as she sulked behind them.

Gosh, those danshins are absolutely crazy… I mean what kind of idea is this?! Woo Im Yoona? Woo THE Im Yoona?!?! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? Actually… WHAT AM I THINKING?!?! I’m the one that’s going along with their plan! Thought Yuri to herself.

“Yah! Kwon Yul! Get you over here!” yelled Taeyeon.

Taeyeon and Sunny had stopped at a large store filled with many people. It was a Rilakkuma themed store that both Minna and Yoona would love. The store was very large and it was filled with tons of different kinds of Rilakkuma.

Sunny and Taeyeon began to browse the store, squealing in delight when they found something cute.
Yuri, still somewhat depressed, wasn’t really in the mood for shopping but she nevertheless began her search for the perfect Rilakkuma for Yoona.

Yuri circled the store at least twice, searching hard for the perfect one. It wasn’t until her third time around did Yoona find the perfect one for her. She smiled knowing Yoona would love it and also ended up purchasing another smaller one for Minna.

After buying the two toys, Yuri headed over to the flower shop for white lilies. Both Sunny and Taeyeon had disappeared by then, probably spending their day off together. It was, after all, a day off that didn’t come very often

The lilies took longer then expected however but Yuri made it home by late afternoon. Now came the hard part, the note to Yoona.

By the time Seohyun came home from her visit to the cemetery, the living room floor was littered with crumple up balls of paper, all attempts by Yuri.
The said girl herself sat in the living room, her face smudged with ink from her pain and her face scrunched up in concentration.

“Yuri-unnie, what are you doing?!”

“Oh Seohyunnie~ you’re home! How was appa?”

“I cleaned his headstone. Anyway what are you up to unnie?”

Yuri blushed violently and mumbled, “I’m following my heart.”

Seohyun looked strangely at her sister but decided to leave her alone.

“Alright unnie, I’m going to start dinner then. Is pasta alright?”

“Sure!” shouted Yuri as she started to scribble again.

Seohyun chuckled at her sister. For once the Kwon sisters had traded roles, the studious Seohyun had her nose out of her books and the Kkab was quietly writing.

Yoona-ah I hope you like my gift…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A short second update, but still an update. I'm working on the whole press conference thing right now. I'm hoping to have it up sometime this week. Thanks for your patience! ^^