We're alike??

My Sister's Gift

No One's POV

The ceremony ran smoothly and beautifully. No mistakes were made and they had finished just on time. Yoona even managed to stay awake and pay attention to all the people who had nothing but good things to say about her older sister and brother in-law.

Minna, on the other hand, had fallen asleep after the third euology...

Before they set off to have the two burried, the guests were invited to greet the family. So Yoona sat in the front of the large room on one large couch with Sooyoung next to her. Hyukjae's 12 brothers sat on the other one.

Hyukjae had been part of a dance group called Super Junior, before opening up the studio with Hyoyeon. Although they weren't all brothers by blood, the 13 boys all were very close to each other. Even after the group went off on their seperate ways, they had remained close. In his will, Hyukjae had left the dance studio to the boys.

The oldest of the group, and the one who seemed to be crying the most, walked up to Yoona and Minna, who was fast asleep using Yoona's lap as a pillow.

"Yoona-ssi," said Leeteuk. "I am very sorry for your loss."

"Thank you Leeteuk-ssi," responded Yoona curtly. She had grown tired of saying thank you after the 10th "I'm sorry for your loss".

Yoona was about to turn away and greet the next guest when Leeteuk placed a hand on her shoulder.

"If you ever need any help, Yoona-ssi, we'd all be willing to help." He motioned towards Minna. "She's our niece too and we'd be more than happy to help you any way possible."

"Nae, I'll keep that in mind Leeteuk-ssi. Thank you so much for coming. I'm pretty sure my brother in-law is happy all of you were able to come here today."

Leeteuk smiled his cheeky, dimpled smile. "Oh and if you ever want to go out," he said as he handed Yoona a slip of paper, "feel free to call me sometime."

Yoona smiled grudgingly, but held her tongue, "Thanks, I'll think about it Leeteuk-ssi," said Yoona as she tried not to crumple the piece of paper.

Next her, Sooyoung was trying to hide her chuckles as she watched her best friend trying very hard to control her temper.

"Honestly??? We're at a FUNERAL! We're supposed to be respecting Hyoyeon-unnie and Hyuk-oppa, not asking people out for dates.. Aish! THIS is why I don't bother with a relationship in the first place... " thought Yoona to herself.

As soon as the last of the 12 boys left, Yoona crumpled the piece of paper in her fist, causing Minna to stir.

Sooyoung POV

Lol that Leeteuk dude, WOULD ask Yoona out at a funeral. I knew he had the hots for her.

As I watched my best friend crumple the paper causing the little girl on her lap to unconsciously move in her sleep, I saw her expression go from anger to genuine worry and care. Yoona looked panicked as Minna started to whimper a little in her sleep. But she soothed the little girl by rubbing her back softly. Minna stirred a little bit more until finally finding a comfortable position and lulling herself back to deep sleep.

I smiled widely as I saw my best friend interracting with her lovable niece. I had to say, I love kids and I was completely jealous of the fact that Yoona was Minna's guardian. I wanted one of my own! Oh well, I'd probably end up helping Yoona take care of her anyway. ^^

I grinned to myself as suddenly Yoona's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"What are you grinning at Choi?" she asked in annoyed tone.

I laughed, "Just the fact that I get to see this side of you. Gentle, loving, kind... man the tabloids would have a field day with this!"

She smacked me lightly on my arm and Minna stirred again. Yoona's eyes quickly went back to Minna and I saw her breathe out a sigh of relief when Minna continued her slumber.

"What are you going to tell the public Yoona?" I asked seriously. "I mean you can't keep your niece in the shadows buddy. She's just a kid and the press is going to find out sooner or later. If you hide it... Well it won't be pretty man..."

Yoona sighed, "I know Soo, I still don't know what to do yet. I talked to Sica-unnie a couple of days ago and she's trying to figure something out with Tiffany-unnie. I know for a fact that I don't want Minna getting affected by this."

I nodded understanding her and we went back to attending to the guests.

Most of them just wanted to shake Yoona's hand and I could she how her demeanor changed from the loving aunt to the proffesional Im Yoona. Because of the amount of guests, Minna was left to me. It was no biggie though, the kid was an angel. She was completely asleep and she cutely snuggled into my chest as I held her.

"Well well, if it isn't Im Yoona," said an unpleasant voice. I looked up only to be faced with Hyuk-oppa's older sister.

I saw Yoona's expressionh immediately turn cold. Her eyes turned in piercing lasers as her face pulled up in an unpleasant scowl.

"Good afternoon, unnie. I'm surprised you came for the ceremony."

"Well, it was for my "dear" younger brother and his... "pleasant" wife," remarked Hyuk-oppa's sister sarcastically.

It was no secret to anyone that Hyuk-oppa and his sister never got along.

Lee Sora, the devil herself. Sora had never liked Hyuk-oppa's dancing obsession and as for as long as I could remember all they would do when they would meet was argue.

Accordng to Yoona, Sora had wanted Hyuk-oppa to study business and take on the family's company. But after dropping out of college and finding dance Sora grew furious. What got her more angry was the fact that he had been "bewitched" by a female dancer who told him to "follow his dreams".

In other words after Hyuk-oppa and Hyoyeon-unnie fell in love, Sora never hesistated to give Hyoyeon-unnie a hard time, because she blamed them for ruining her brother's life and oppurtunities. Obviously after the two tied the knot, she was even more pleasant to them... Not.

It would have been nice if Sora's abuse stopped at Hyoyeon-unnie, but after learning Hyoyeon-unnie was related to the famous and very successful Im Yoona, Sora found a new target. At every family party that Hyoyeon-unnie held, Yoona would be under the abuse of Sora unnie's jealousy. Needless to say, Yoona hated Sora.

"I see they left you with that burden," said Sora as she pointed at Minna.

Yoona calmly and cooly replied, "Unnie, please do not call my niece a burden. I can stand your attacks, but the moment you start to attack Minna, things wil be different."

"Are you threatening me Im?"

Yoona continued to gaze straight into Sora's eyes, "No unnie, I'm just warning you."

Sora scoffed.

"Well then hear this warning Im, although Hyukjae didn't leave Minna under by guardianship, by blood she is my niece as well. And that lazy-dreaming younger brother of mine never did anything good for himself and ruined every oppurtunity I set up for him. It's time he paid me back."

Sora pointed at Minna again.

"I'm going to use her as my last chance to create a name for myself, even if it's the last thing I do. So watch yourself Im, because I'm going to take Minna away from you just like how your sister took my Hyukjae away from me."

Sora her heels and walked out of the room, leaving the people around us to stare back at her.

Yoona shook from the anger and tried to control herself. She closed her eyes and slumped down next to me. I laid a hand gently on her shoulder.

"Hey buddy, don't worry about it. Minna's yours and that's not going to change. It said so in the will. Besides, Hyuk-oppa and Hyoyeon-unnie specifically left Sora out of the will. That devil didn't get anything Yoongie." I say as I try to coax her out of her foul mood.

She opened her eyes and I was surprised to see them red and b with tears.

"But Soo... what if something happens and I can't take care of her? Minna would go to her... How am I supposed to deal with that? How am I supposed to face Hyoyeon-unnie if I fail her?"

"Yoongie you're getting way too ahead of yourself. Minna belongs with you. Don't worry about it Yoong, just worry about taking care of Minna for now."

Yoona finally nodded and wiped away her tears. She stood up again and planted a fake smile on her face as she continued to greet the crowd of people that still awaited her...

Yoona really was a professional. She could quickly control her emotions and adjust to needs of the people around her. She was a pro at pleasing those around her and giving the public what they wanted. Perhaps that's why Yoona was so succesful as a celebrity. Yoona was always putting her fans and co-workers ahead of herself and the same time she kept her personal life out of the way of her public one. Im Yoona truly is amazing.

As I watched Yoona greet a complete stranger, an elderly woman, as if she were greeting her own mother, I prayed to Hyoyeon-unnie.

Hyoyeon-unnie? You watching this? Hehe... looks like you don't have to worry about your baby Yoongie anymore. You sure knew what you were doing by leaving your baby in the care of Yoongie didn't you Hyoyeon-unnie?

I looked at the angel sleeping peacefully in my arms.

Hyoyeon-unnie, Hyuk-oppa, please watch over the two of them and make sure no harm comes to them.

As I finished my little prayer, I swore I heard Hyoyeon-unnies voice telling me not to worry.

Yoona's POV

*Several Hours Later*

Phew, the funeral was finally all over. I made several payments so the caretaker would be able to properly take care of Hyoyeon-unnie and Hyuk-oppa. Minna had woken up during the middle of reception and stayed awake until the burial. I had to say she handled it all very maturely.

She didn't shed one tear or ask any questions, although she held my hand tightly the whole time.

I was happy that she had readily and easily accepted me into her life.

It was already late in the afternoon, almost sun set when I was finally able to leave the cemetry. I had called Jessica-unnie to come pick up my car and switch it with another, so the paparazzi would no longer follow me. Sooyoung decided that she was also going to hitch a ride with me as well.

I walked over to door of back seat and carefully opened it as I tried maneuver the car-seat with Minna snug in my arms. Sooyoung sighed from behind me, and stepped in to properly attach the car seat into my car. After settling Minna in the seat I gently closed the door. Finally, I greeted the last person of the day, Nicole Jung, Hyoyeon unnie's best friend.

"Thank you so much for taking care of Minna for the past few days, Nicole-ssi."

"It wasn't any trouble Yoona-ah, besides Minna is Hyo's daughter. I'd do anything for her."

"I'll send someone to pick up Minna's things later this week. Here's my number. Give me a call if you need help with anything else."

"Sure thing Yoona-ah and honestly it was no trouble at all. Please come back and visit me with Minna." said Nicole while tears filled her eyes.

"After all Hyo really was my best friend... I loved her so much and I know how much she loved you and how important Minna was to her."

I smiled, "Of course Nicole-ssi. We'd love to come back and visit. Take care of yourself okay? Hyo-unnie always hated to see her friends hurt, you know."

Nicole smiled through her tears as I got into my car.

Sooyoung was already in the front seat, trying to adjust the air-con.

"Ready to go Yoongie?"

"Yep, let's just stop by the gas station first. Looks like Fany-unnie didn't fill up the tank the last she used my car."

Typical Tiffany-unnie.

After double checking that Minna was safe and waving at Nicole, we set off for home.

*At the gas station"

Yoona's POV

Sooyoung quickly rushed out of the car as she had been grumbling about being hungry. I saw her run into the small convenience store and raid the snack aisle. I chuckled to myself as the cashier had his eyes open in shock at the number of snacks she was choosing.

I walked over to the pump and selected the kind of gas I wanted. As I let the tank fill up, for the first time today, I was left alone to my thoughts.

Was Sora-unnie right? I mean I'm only 21... how the heck am I going to take care of a kid and juggle my career?? What am I going to do? Seriously Hyoyeon unnie?!? You left me in charge of your daughter???? I barely even know how to hold a baby... Aish!!

The tank had completely filled up and I got out my credit card to pay for the gas. After making sure the cap was on tight. I patiently waited outside my car for Sooyoung to come back, once again pondering over the prospect of raising a three-year-old girl.

*CREAK!* *SKID* "WATCH OUT!" *CRASH*

What the ****?!

The loud noises awaken me from my thoughts. I take in my surroundings and notice another car has crashed into my own parked one. I take in the intitial damage of the scene.

It's not that serious, only a dent. The car is fine and it's not like I have anything important in it.

I quickly make my way to other car to make sure that the other driver was all right. But a nagging thought keeps bothering me. 

What is it now, oh intelligent brain?! ...

OMG!!!! THE KID?!?!?!

I quickly dash to the back seat of my car and hurriedly open the door.

Thankfully, she is still fast asleep in her car seat. She is far off in dream as she smiles and softly snores in her sleep hugging her Rilakuma plushie. I smile and heave a sigh of relief.

"Oh my god I am so sorry!" saids a voice from behind me.

I turn around quickly to only come face to face with a gorgeous tan-skinned beauty....