The Surprising Revelation

My Sister's Gift

The Surprising Revelation

Yoona POV

Sica-unnie had arrived before I did. She sat patiently in front of the office with none other then...

Nicole-unnie??

"Nicole-unnie?? What are you doing here?" I ask curiously.

Nicole-unnie smiled widely, "Silly Yoona, didn't Sica tell you? I'm your new lawyer now."

Jessica-unnie merely shrugged when I stared at her accusingly.

"Whatever the circumstances are it's still great to see you Nicole-unnie!" I exclaim.

"It's great to see you too Yoona-ah. How's Minna doing?"

My face lights up as I think about Minna.

"She's doing well unnie. She's so much like Hyo-unnie... I love her so much."

Nicole-unnie smiled sadly, "Minna is similar to her isn't she? Hyoyeon was always so bubbly..."

Tears began to slowly fall down her face.

I gently lay a comforting hand on her shoulder, "Would you like to come over and visit? I'm pretty sure Minna would love to see you."

"That sounds like a great idea," said Nicole-unnie smiling through her tears.

Sica-unnie gently embraced her to calm her down as Sora-unnie had arrived with her own lawyer.

"Good morning Miss Im," said Sora-unnie curtly.

"Good morning Miss Lee."

"And a pleasant morning to you as well Miss Jessica Jung."

Jessica-unnie's voice was icy cold, "The same to you Miss Lee."

Sora-unnie stared at Nicole-unnie, "I believe we have never been introduced before..."

"No ma'am, my name is Nicole Jung. I'm Yoona's lawyer."

"Lee Sora, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Ahem..." said the man behind Sora-unnie, "shall we start?"

"O-of course," replied Nicole-unnie.

"The judge is already waiting."

The five of us silently filed into the small office wear a middle-aged man was seated. He smiled at me as I was the last one to enter the room.

"Hello Miss Im, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm a big fan of yours."

"The pleasure is mine sir." I said flashing a bright smile at him.

"Shall we get started Your Honor?" asked Sora-unnie's lawyer, sounding annoyed.

"Oh yes... let's get this wrapped up quickly. I have another court date i must attend to after this."

"Yes Your Honor, we'll work it out as quickly as we can," replied both Sora's lawyer and Nicole-unnie.

~~~~~~~~~~~

No One POV

Both sides of the table sat tensely as the judge seated himself officially. The tension was thick in the air, but both sides seemed to be holding back their emotions quite well as everyone seated around had a mask of professionalism.

Nicole fidgeted slightly in her seat but she soon calmed down when Jessica gave her a reassuring look.

Sora's lawyer spoke first.

"My client, Lee Sora, would like to go over the wills of Mr. and Mrs. Lee-Im Hyukjae and Hyoyeon."

"It states within the will that they have left the sole guardianship of their only daughter, Lee-Im Minna, to Miss Im Yoona."

Yoona gulped visibly and she held her breath as she gave both Jessica and Nicole a panicked look.

"My client would like to discuss that guardianship today," continued Sora's lawyer.

There was audible gasp that rang through the small office as Sora's lawyer concluded the statement.

Jessica glared daggers into both Sora and Sora's lawyer. The lawyer, although a well-built young man, fumbled back into his chair at the ice-princess's deathly glare.

Nicole on the other hand, had her eyes bulging in shock as she tried to process the whole purpose of the appointment.

Sora wanted a change in guardianship of Minna...

Yoona held mask of coldness and professionalism, but in her head, it was a whole different matter.

Is Sora really going to take Minna away from me? What am I supposed to do?!?!?!?!

Hyoyeon-unnie... Hyukjae-oppa... I promised to take care of Minna but... what am I going to do if Sora takes her away?!?!?!

How am I supposed to protect her??????

"Excuse me sir," rang Jessica's voice that broke the silence that had filled the room, "but does it not state clearly that Minna is under the full guardianship of Yoona?"

"I-i-it does..." responded the lawyer nervously.

"However my client still has legal guardianship of Miss Lee-Im Minna since she is her aunt."

"But it states in the will Minna belongs with Yoona. What part of the will do you not understand?" asked Jessica icily.

"I understand the will perfectly ma'am," continued the lawyer, "but as I was saying she still has legal guardianship over Miss Minna."

"And that's something she would like to change today."

Yoona's side froze at that statement. Nicole nervously shuffled the files of paper in her hands. Jessica clenched her teeth and exhaled loudly, while Yoona gripped the sides of her chair so tightly that her knuckles were white.

Sora on the other hand, sat calmly with her hands folded in her lap.

She showed no emotion as she waited for her lawyer to continue.

The three women held their breath as Sora's lawyer spoke again.

"My client would like to change the guardianship of Miss Lee-Im Minna today. According to the will of Mr. and Mrs. Lee-Im Hyukjae and Hyoyeon, Miss Im Yoona was left with sole guardianship. Yet under legal circumstances and blood ties within the family, my client Miss Lee Sora has partial guardianship of Lee-Im Minna...."

*******************************

"As of today Miss Lee would like to give up her guardianship of Miss Lee-Im Minna and give the sole role of guardian of Miss Lee-Im Minna to Miss Im Yoona with the condition of monthly visits."

The room was again filled with complete silence. Even the judge himself was quiet.

Sora no longer sat in her seat without expression; she was now smiling at Yoona as the younger girl looked at her with confused wide eyes.

"D-does Miss Im agree with these conditions?" asked the judge.

Yoona merely nodded as the sound of the mallet rang throughout the small office.

Nicole quickly got out several sheets of paper and handed them to Sora's lawyer as they talked and exchanged papers.

All Yoona and Jessica could do was stare in shock at what had just happened. Yoona tried to catch Sora's eyes but the latter just continued to nod as her lawyer explained the whole process.

After several minutes of signing papers and the judge officially presiding and filing away the paper for legal records, they were all ready to leave.

Sora's lawyer quickly ran out of the office along with the judge as they both had other appointments to attend to. Sora smiled softly at Yoona and walked over to her.

She handed Yoona a sealed envelope.

"Give this to Minna when you think the time is right."

For the first time since the two women had met, Sora smiled at the doe-eyed girl. It was a small and soft one, but nevertheless it was a smile.

Sora left the room, leaving a dumbfounded Yoona and Jessica.

Yoona POV

I sat in total shock as the outcome of the meeting finally hit me.

"S-s-sica-unnie? D-d-does this mean t-t-that she's going to l-l-leave us alone now?"

Sica-unnie looked at me with the same shocked expression.

"I guess?? What just happened???"

I looked at the sealed envelope that rested in my hands and slowly opened it.

To my surprise it was a letter.

To: My Niece, Minna

Dear Minna,

I don't know when you will receive this letter. I do not even know if you will ever receive this letter. However I understand that is part of my responsibility as your aunt to write it.

I have a confession to tell you.

By the time you get this letter I assume you will be much older then you are right now.

In my eyes at this moment you are still at the very young and innocent age of three. Not even old enough to realize that your parents have passed away.

I am very well aware of that fact as it pains me still as I write this letter to acknowledge the fact that my dear younger brother has passed away along with my sister-in-law.

As you probably will hear from your adoptive mother and aunt, Yoona, I hated your mother.
I would like to tell you the truth of the matter.

The truth is that I didn't hate your mother, I was merely jealous of her and her success. And to see that you're adoptive mother was also successful only fueled my jealously towards them. They took my precious younger brother and not to mention when you were born...

I was jealous of the beautiful family and dream Hyukjae had created with Hyoyeon, one without me...

That is why I tried to take you away from Yoona. The least I wanted, if I couldn't share in Hyukjae's dream, was to take you and create one with you.

But Minna, that was wrong of me.

I never deserved to be part of Hyukjae's world. I was to vent up on concentrating on the material things and finding value in power and class. I didn't realize the importance in the love that Hyukjae and Hyoyeon shared with both you and Yoona.

It took more than five years but... I have come to accept that Hyukjae was truly happy with Hyoyeon. Happier than he ever was with me.

That is why I leave you in the hands of Yoona who has grown up in such love.

I trust she will be able to raise you properly.

My beautiful and lovely niece,

Please grow up well and live a happy life filled as much love as Hyukjae's was.

Lee Sora

 

I was slightly shocked at the letter.

There was another smaller envelope that had my name written on it.

Please accept this small amount of money as a gift to my niece and an apology for the pain I have caused you.

I pray for the day that I can fully come to acceptance of the cruel fate that life has given me. I hope it will allow me to talk to you face to face and finally explain everything to you.

Until then I leave Minna in your hands.

Sora POV

I dialed the number I had grown used to calling as soon as I left the office.

He answered after the second ring.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim but I cannot go along with our plan. This will be the end of our contract."

The line was silent.

"Very well Ms. Lee," said Mr. Kim finally.

"You will regret that Ms. Lee. No matter what happens, I will crush Im Yoona's happiness and existence."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooooo my fellow readers!!!! I'm really sorry for this late update. This was supposed to be finished last week... But there've been things that came up so I apologize about that.

I hope you guys enjoyed this update though. (Hopefully a bit of surprise with Sora's change of character? :P)

Feel free to leave me a comment so I get some inspiration for my next update! I love you all!

AND thank you sooooooo much for supporting and subscribing! <3