An Unexpected Hurdle

My Sister's Gift

Yuri POV

I gulped as Yoona looked at me pleadingly. Her question rang within my head.

“Will you take a walk with me?”

“Uhhh… ummm… okay! Let’s go!”

Yoona smiled eagerly and we started to walk along the path.

Minna ran ahead of us, occasionally giggling to turn around to look at us.

It was quite silent as we walked though. I kept loosing myself while gazing at Yoona.

She was looking up at the darkening sky with the most adorable grin on her face.

“S-s-so…” said Yoona, disrupting the silence, “l-l-listen, I wanted to ask you something…”

I almost choked as Yoona started to talk. My heart started to run a marathon.

Oh geez… what is she going to ask me?! Y-y-yah! My silly heart, PLEASE calm down! Why are you racing so quickly? She hasn’t done or SAID anything… All she’s doing is well… looking at me… ^^
Omo~! Her brown doe eyes are so beautiful!

“Ummm… Yuri-unnie? Did you hear my question?”

“O-o-oh?” I asked surprised. “I-I-I am sorry, I was kind of spacing out…”

Yoona laughed, “I asked if you’d join me for dinner tomorrow. My unnies want to meet you.”

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity, “Unnies? W-w-why?”

The doe-eyed woman looked to the ground and turned red, “Well they spotted us at the park the other day… and now they want to meet you...”

OMG!!! It feels like I’m going to meet the in-laws! >///< Kyaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
Some one PLEAAAASE kill me now!!!!!!! Dx

“D-d-dinner tomorrow, what time?”

Yoona grinned at my acceptance, “6:00, since we don’t want to cause a public disturbance it’ll be at my friend’s house. I can come and pick you up if you’d like.”

“Oh no, that’s okay!” I shout frantically waving my arms.

It was one thing, going to go meet Yoona’s unnies AND getting a ride from Yoona versus just going to see Yoona’s unnies.

Yoona frowned slightly but obliged, “Alright I’ll text you the address tonight. Make sure to be on time, Sica-unnie hates to be kept waited.”

I chuckled, “I can manage Yoona-ah!”

“Alrighty then!” grinned Yoona, “I should get going now. It’s getting late and Minna should be put to bed soon.”

She turned to the little figure just several feet away from us, “Minna-ah! We’re going home!”

Minna immediately her heels and leaped into Yoona’s waiting arms.

*pout* I wish I could leap into her arms like that…

“Well I’ll see you tomorrow night then.”

“W-w-wait… won’t I see you at daycare tomorrow?” I asked a little bit shocked.

Yoona shook her head, “My manager said it would be the best for Minna to be kept out of the public eye for a while. I don’t want any of the media or fan to recognize me if they see me. I’ll be sending Minna to school with one of my body guards. I already talked to Taeyeon-ssi and Sunny-ssi.”

“Oh. Okay then. I guess I’ll see you at dinner,” I answered sadly.

Yoona laughed again, “Please don’t be disappointed Miss Kwon. It’s hard on me to not see my niece and her favorite teacher as well. I tend to miss them quite often.”

She gave me a cute wink and quickly her heels... leaving me breathless.

Im Yoona… you’re going to kill me with your charms!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooyoung POV

Last night Sica had informed Yoona that she’d now be accompanied by body guards wherever she went.

She had hired 7 body guards for Yoona and Minna. They called themselves 2PM, which frankly I thought was strange. (A/N: I really like the old 2PM with Jay as the leader, so please bare with me readers >.<)

Obviously Yoona had protested a lot, but Sica wouldn’t budge. I knew that she was going to do whatever she could do in her power to protect Yoona especially now that K-Entertainment had started to indirectly attack Yoona. Jessica was determined to keep Yoona under her watch as much as possible.

And that was why Jessica had asked Yoona to invite Yuri over for dinner. Yeah… Yoona finally told us her name. Kwon Yuri.
I was excited and at the same time curious to meet this girl. Yoona wouldn’t admit it but we all knew that she had feelings for her.

“I called Leeteuk-ssi and he said he’d be more than happy to take Minna for the night,” said Yoona as she grumpily walked into the living room.

She was probably still upset from yesterday night.

“Come on Yoon, cheer up! They’re only body guards!”

Yoona groaned, “I don’t want or NEED body guards Soo! They’re so bothersome! What I need is some space!”

The doe-eyed actress pouted and sulked on my couch. I had to chuckle. Who would ever think that this kid-like girl is the most wanted idol in all of Asia?
I patted Yoona’s back comfortingly.

She had been moping ever since Minna left for school with the one named Wooyoung and Junsu. I knew that she felt a bit lonely without Minna.
Actually… the whole house felt empty without her.

“Miss Im,” said one of the guards, “the car’s ready to leave now.”

Yoona rolled her eyes at the guard, “Look, let’s get one thing out of the way now shall we. You will NOT call me Miss Im. That’s going to drive me nuts. Call me Yoona or Yoong or Yoon or whatever! Anything but Miss Im, alright?”

The guard nodded curtly, “Yes ma’am.”

Yoona glared at him. “I-I mean, Miss Yoona.”

“Well what is your name then, Mr. Body Guard sir?” asked Yoona sarcastically.

“Taecyeon, Ok Taecyeon.”

“Well, Mr. Taecyeon, where are we off to today?”

Taecyeon blushed scarlet, “Nickhun and I will be escorting you and Miss Choi to a photo shoot. Afterwards you will have a radio interview and a CF shooting. Chansung and Wooyoung will you to the radio interview, where you will be picked up by Jay and myself to take you to the location of the CF shooting. Lunch will be taken some time between the interview and CF shooting. During your CF shooting, Wooyoung and Chansung will make sure to pick up Miss Minna from school and bring her to the location...”

I looked at Taecyeon in surprise as he rambled on about today’s schedule. Incredibly they had everything laid out to the last detail. Even on the type of car they would be driving. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Yoona sigh. I knew one of the few freedoms she enjoyed was driving her black Audi and today she wouldn’t get the chance.

“Let’s get going Yoongie. It seems like you have a long day ahead of you.”

The deer only sighed defeatedly as she followed Taecyeon out the door.

Yoona POV

The photo shoot was easy, just five shots with Soo and then I had 5 shots by myself. It was for an advertisement for active sportswear, so the clothing was quite comfortable as well. Plus the director and photographer were pros, allowing for a perfectly smooth morning.

Jessica-unnie was humming in the car as she was happy we didn’t have a hectic schedule today. Tiffany-unnie on the other hand, I knew was having trouble since there were so many requests for interviews by various media stations, ever since the press conference.

She hadn’t lifted her eyes of her tablet and her phone didn’t leave her ear, as she tried to run team as smoothly as possible. It didn’t seem to be working very well though.

“They want to film a WHAT? NO! We will NOT accept to film a documentary on Yoona’s life! Are you crazy?! What kind of person wants a camera following them 24/7?!?! CANCEL THAT NOW!”

I chuckled at Fany-unnie’s outburst as Sica-unnie frowned upon watching her girlfriend stress out over the phone.

“So Sica-unnie, what’s with you wanting to meet Yuri-unnie all of the sudden?”

Sica-unnie shrugged at me, “You seem to be quite interested in her and as both your manager and close unnie, I’d like to meet her to know just what kind of person she is, Yoong.”

I rolled my eyes, “You mean you want to meddle in my personal life again?”

“Yah! Im Yoona this is for you own safety! I’m doing this because I care. What if she’s actually some hard-core fan that wants to kidnap you and keep you to herself?! What are we going to do if she hurts you or does something to you? As your manager, I’m responsible for your well being Yoona!”

“Aish, calm down unnie, Yuri-unnie is nothing like that. She’s a daycare teacher for heaven’s sake! She’s just an average fan that just happens to stumble into my life.”

“Yeah… an average fan that you asked out to dinner…”

I blushed at her statement, “I needed to return a favor. She helped me out with Minna. Without her, Minna and I wouldn’t be as close as we are now.”

“SEE! You’re even going to her for personal advice! I need to see this girl Yoona!” exclaimed Jessica-unnie as she huffed out in frustration.

“Fine,” I sighed.

“Once you meet her tonight you’ll see just how ridiculous you’re being unnie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No One POV

The rest of the day went smoothly for Yoona, much to Yoona’s surprise. Usually her schedules would run late or complications would arise, giving birth to Hell-Sica. Today however, even the coldness of the ice-princess didn’t make an appearance.

Perhaps it was a sign that dinner would go well tonight, thought Yoona to herself.

Minna had arrived in the middle of the CF shooting with Wooyoung carrying her. She excitedly chattered about her day to Tiffany and Jessica as she waited for Yoona to finish the first part of filming.

“Minna!” called out Yoona after she had changed out of the attire she had been asked to wear for the CF.

“Umma! Are you finished now?”

“It’s all done for today now. Let’s go okay?”

“Yes! Let’s go home! I’m hungry to eat umma’s food!”

Yoona smiled a bit sadly, “Minna-ah, remember what I told you this morning? You’ll be staying at Leeteuk-ssi’s place tonight. I have a special meeting with Sica-unnie, Fany-unnie, and Soo.”

Minna immediately frowned and tears started to fill her eyes.

“Umma is leaving me? Are you giving me away to Uncle Teukie?”

“A-aniyo Minna! That’s not true!”

“Umma doesn’t love me anymore!” wailed Minna.

Minna started to cry and this caused the staff for the CF shooting to look over at them. They were all looking at the doe-eyed pair curiously.

Before any misunderstanding could take place, Jessica (worried for Yoona’s image) picked Minna up swiftly. Minna stopped screaming but tears continued to flow down her small face.

“Minna-ah, you need to be a good girl. There are people watching us,” said Jessica.

“I-I-I don’t c-c-c-care! Umma said she doesn’t l-l-l-love me anymore! She’s g-g-g-giving me away! Wahhhhh~!”

“Minna please be quiet, you’re causing a scene sweetie,” said Tiffany trying to calm down the crying toddler.

“No! It’s not fair! They are all taking umma away from me! I’m going to be alone again!” sobbed Minna.

This time Yoona was unable to take Minna’s cries any longer and quickly scooped her niece away from the Jeti couple’s comforting gestures.

“Minna-ah, please stop crying,” cooed Yoona. “Umma is sorry for making you cry.”

Minna’s sobs slowly subsided as Yoona wiped all the tears away.

“Minna-ah, no one is ever taking you away from me. I promised remember? If they do, I will find you and take you back.”

The little girl nodded and clutched onto Yoona’s shirt, burying her face into the doe-eyed actress’s chest.

“And Minna-ah tonight, umma has a special meeting and it’s only for grown ups. You’re going to be very bored so I asked Leeteuk-ssi to take care of you, only for tonight. I will come pick you up later, arasso?”

“Why does umma have to work so often? I miss you…”

Yoona sighed sadly at her niece, “It’s my job Minna; it’s my responsibility.”

“But it’s not fair! I want to be with umma! All the time!”

“I know and I want to be with you too, Minna. But I have to work or it isn’t fair to the other people.”

Yoona gestured to the staff that had now surrounded the deer-like pair.

“See all these people Minna; they’re here to film me for a CF. If I had to stay with you all the time, ALL of these people would be sad. You don’t want me to make them sad do you?”

“N-no… I understand. Umma is an important person and Minna has to be a good girl and share her umma right?”

Yoona smiled brilliantly, “That’s right Minna. You’re so smart!”

Yoona tickled Minna and the room filled with her bright giggles.

“Hahaha~ stop umma!”

“No!” said Yoona as she continued to tickle her niece.

The Jeti couple watched the Yoonmi (A shout out to one of my awesome readers, soonyu, for coming up with the cute couple name for the Yoona and Minna pair! ^^) interaction curiously.

“See Jessie,” whispered Tiffany, “there’s nothing to worry about baby. Yoona can handle Minna herself.”

Jessica smiled, “I can see that now Tiff.”

“You need to trust her more Jessie; she’s not 18 anymore…”

“I know she isn’t 18 anymore, but that doesn’t mean she’s able to take care of herself. She’s still young Tiff… she’s only 21…”

Tiffany scowled at her girlfriend, “Why are you so protective of her Jessie? She’s not a child!”

“I know that! But that doesn’t mean she doesn’t need protection! And I’m going to do just that Tiffany! I’m going to protect her, even if it’s the last thing I do!”

“God! Sometimes it’s like you care for Yoona more than you care for me!” exclaimed Tiffany as she stormed away angrily.

“Tiff, wait! Tiffany, hold on! Let me explain!” said Jessica desperately as she ran after her girlfriend.

"It’s not by choice Fany-ah… I promised her… and I don’t break my promises. I hope you can understand my love..."

As the Jeti couple had their little quarrel, Yoona watched them, puzzled at the couple’s behavior.

“Miss Yoona, I believe it’s time to go now,” said Wooyoung. “The car is ready and both Miss Jung and Miss Hwang are waiting for you and Miss Minna.”

“Thank you Wooyoung-oppa, come on Minna let’s go!”

And off to dinner we go

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Yuri POV

It was 5:00 and I was ready to head over to dinner, ready and 100% nervous. O.O

Yoona had asked me to dress nicely as her unnies were strict on first appearances. This bit of information only led me to a frenzy of panic and a near hysterical break down as I suddenly realized I had nothing decent to wear in my closet.

In the end I decided to wear a casual strapless dress that went down to my knees and kept my raven hair straight and down. Now I was touching up my makeup while trying to calm down.

“Unnie are you alright?” asked Seohyun as she caught me in the middle of applying mascara and giving myself a pep talk at the same time.

“I can hear you talking to yourself all the way from the living room…”

“Seohyun-ah! HELP ME!!!! I’m going to go and meet Yoona’s unnies in less than an hour and I am SOOOOO NERVOUS!” Dx

Seohyun smiled at me and started to finish my makeup. She ended up picking out my accessories as well and soon the clock struck 5:30, which meant it was time to go.

“OMO! Seohyun! What am I going to do???!!! It’s time to go already!”

“Do you want me to drive you there unnie? I need to go to the library anyway.”

I frantically grabbed my younger sister’s collar, “Can you?! Will you?!?! Seobaby you’re a life savior!”

Seohyun chuckled and we made our way down to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Yoona POV

I had Nickhun pick up all the ingredients for a nice American style dinner, since I wanted to put Jessica-unnie in a good mood to appease her. Sooyoung helped me with the potatoes as I continued to marinate the steak.

I hope Yuri-unnie likes medium rare steak. That’s the only way Sica-unnie will eat it.

After making sure that Wooyoung (who happened to know how to cook) knew where the steak was located and how it should be cooked at the proper temperature and time, I moved onto cutting the strawberries that I planned to make chocolate-covered strawberries out of, which would go with the cheesecake I had baked that afternoon.

“Hey Yoona, after the strawberries are done, you think you can chop up some of the tomatoes for the salad? I forgot to make the dressing, so I’m going to do that now.”

“Sure thing Soo!”

Why couldn’t we go out for dinner? Soo and I ALWAYS end up in the kitchen cooking whenever Sica-unnie offers to have dinner at her place…. *pouts* I want to look nice for once and that takes time!
Wait… look nice?! Yoona?! What’s gotten into you??? It’s only dinner with the unnies, Soo, and… Yuri-unnie…
Y-y-yah~ why did you suddenly just get nervous by just thinking of Yuri-unnie??? Pabo brain! Straighten up!

“Soo, I left the tomatoes in the bowl and the chocolate covered strawberries are in the fridge. I’m going to go change if there’s nothing else for me to do.”

“I got it under control Yoon. I’ll be finished right after I make the dressing. Go shower!”

I didn’t hesitate upon taking Sooyoung’s suggestion and hopped into the shower, where I hoped the steam and hot water could calm down my racing heart…

What’s going on with me?

Kwon Yuri… what are you doing to my heart????

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's an update for you all. I'm pretty sure MANY of you are disappointed by the lack of a confession and I appologize for that (mianhe...) but please don't despair! The confession is coming up soon. In another chapter or two. (Personally I'm not a big fan of the fast-paced confession and get together and that's why this couple seems to be lagging a bit... but again I PROMISE it's coming very soon!) I still need to explain the whole Jessica "I'm protective" thing keke~
Anyway I hope the lack of a confession didn't loose me any readers or potential subscribers (I'm up to almost 90! OMG xD)....

Please don't hesitate to leave a comment on your dissapointment, because I love to hear feedback from my readers! :D
Don't be shy guys! And thanks for reading and supporting!

Next update should come sometime tomorrow, look forward to it! ^^