Looking Forward to a Better Future with You

My Sister's Gift

No One POV

It was a bright and sunny afternoon as a black Audi pulled into the vacant the parking lot. After it reached a complete stop, the door opened to reveal a beautiful lady. Her hair literally shone in the sunlight and her doe-eyes were bright as she got of the car. She wore casual clothes, yet she walked as if she were on the runway.

Yoona made sure to have her sunglasses on since she didn't want any of her fans to notice her. Just in case.

She held pink roses in her hand as today she had something important to tell her older sister and brother-in-law. As she enjoyed the warmth of the sun for the first time this week, she thought back to her niece. Minna had been bugging the older girl to take her to the park but Yoona had failed to meet that promise since the weather had been so bad. Luckily today was a beautiful day.

Once she reached the familiar large headstone Yoona placed the large bouquet, carefully on top. Hyoyeon had always loved roses but pink were her favorite. She used to say that the pink roses reminded her of happiness. At the time Yoona had thought it was strange but now she longed for the pink roses to bring her deceased sister some happiness.

"Hi unnie, oppa..." said Yoona smiling.

It had been a while since she had visited the HyoHyuk couple.

"Nothing much has really changed... It's been about a month since the incident...

The doctors finally said that the chemical was out of my system. I'm so glad that's over and done with. No more hospitals~! I guess you should know best about how much I hate them..."

Yoona chuckled at the thought. She was silent for a little while as she carefully encroached the next topic.

"A-A-And I met Mr. Kim yesterday... at court of course. We finally managed to close the case. Sica-unnie and Yuri worked so hard to bring us justice... He recieved two life sentences with no chance for parole... We finally made it unnie. He's gone for good..."

The guilt couldn't be contained for Yoona any longer as she began to cry.

Jessica and Tiffany had finally told Yoona what Kim had been plotting and how he had managed to kill both Hyukjae and Hyoyeon. Yoona had never felt so hurt or so guilty in her life. Although Yuri had continuously told her it wasn't her fault, Yoona felt that she was responsible for her elder sister's death. It had taken her two weeks to even just come and visit the HyoHyuk couple...

Yoona was sobbing as she fell to her knees.

"I-I... I-I-I'm so sorry i-i-it took th-th-this l-l-long to finally h-h-have both of y-y-you r-r-r-rest in p-p-peace. P-P-Please f-f-forgive me u-u-unie... o-o-o-ppa... I've b-b-been a terr-r-rible s-s-sister... I k-k-killed y-y-you b-b-both... I-

"YAH~!"

The doe-eyed woman looked up in surprise to hear a familar voice.

She turned to find Yuri right behind her. The black pearl had her hands on her hips and she looked extremely angry and upset. She stormed over to her girlfriend.

"YAH! IM YOONA!! How many times do I have to tell you this... IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!"

Yoona was in too much shock as she couldn't register the fact that Yuri was right here besides her.

"Unnie??? W-W-Why are you h-h-here?"

Yuri exhaled shortly in frustration.

"Jessica told me you left Minna at her place, so I assumed you came out here to beat yourself up. I guess I was right..."

The tanned girl walked towards the headstone and placed the yellow roses she had bought upon it.

"Sorry unnie. The floral shop ran out of other color roses. They only had yellow left..."

Yoona's breathing hitched at her girlfriend's gesture.

"Y-Y-Yuri unnie... you didn't have to do that..."

"Shhh~! I'm talking to the HyoHyuk couple right now!" snapped Yuri.

The deer flinched at her girlfriend's harshness and just let Yuri finish talking.

"Anyway as I was saying before your sister rudely interrupted me... I'm sorry for the yellow roses. But I guess it's the thought that counts though right?"

Yuri flashed one of her comforting smiles at the headstone and looked towards her lover. Yoona was sheepsihly staring at her feet but Yuri pulled her over right next to her. Yuri gesture to Yoona with her head.

"Yoona here is being to modest you know... She did such a good job at court, testifying against Kim. It was because of her that Kim finally got what he deserved... I'm so proud of her and I know you two are too."

Yoona blushed at Yuri's words as the tanned girl gently held Yoona's hands in hers.

"I know she blames herself for a lot of things, especially your deaths and Minna's kidnapping, but don't worry... I'm here to remind her that that's not the case... I really love your sister, so very much and it hurts to see her hurting herself all the time. I'm going to stay by her side until she learns that none of this was her fault... Hehe~ don't know how long that'll take but I'm planning on being with her forever. I hope you two can accept us."

A gentle breeze tickled the two's hair and Yuri smiled.

"Thank you Hyoyeon-unnie, Hyukjae-oppa. I'll take care of both Yoona and Minna."

Yuri stood up and gave Yoona a small peck on the cheek.

"I never want hear those words out of your mouth again arasso? You shouldn't feel guilty. It wasn't your fault. Never blame yourself for that Yoona... It hurts hearing you say it."

Yoona nodded, not knowing what to say.

"I'll be waiting in the car okay? Finish up your talk with your sister."

The doe-eyed woman watched Yuri walk back, a smile never leaving her face.

"Hyo-unnie~ I don't even know how I deserved so many blessings in my life. She's all I can ask for in anyone. She's so kind to both me and Minna. She really takes care of us well... Thank you for accepting her."

"I have to go now. Minna is waiting at Sica-unnie's. We're finally going to visit... that place."

Yoona swooped down and kissed the headstone.

"I miss you both but I know you're both always with me. I'll keep on visiting you until we can finally meet again. I love you~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri was sitting inside the black Audi, blasting music through the high-quality speakers of the car.

"How did you get here if I'm driving you back?" asked Yoona while climbing into the driver's seat.

"Seobaby and Soo. I asked them to drop me off here since they were going to lunch," answered Yuri. "Did you have a nice talk with Hyo-unnie?"

"I did Yuri... I thanked her for sending me you..."

Yoona blushed at her own statement as Yuri cocked an eyebrow.

Yuri winked, "I'm a great girlfriend aren't I?"

"Aish~ so full of yourself," groaned Yoona.

The girls laughed and Yoona finally drove off.

For a while they drove in silence, both left to their thoughts. Only the music filled the empty space.

"So does Minna know where we're going?" asked Yuri suddenly.

Yoona shook her head.

"I didn't know how to tell her..."

Yuri shrugged, "It's alright we'll just tell her together."

"Yul~..."

"Yes Yoongie~?"

"W-Will... will we always be together?"

"As long as you want me here I don't plan on leaving..."

Yoona smiled.

"Thanks Yuri..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona POV

"Umma what are we doing here?" asked Minna curiously as I got her out of the car seat.

She scrambled out and stared up at the large house in wonder. It had taken us over an hour to drive but we were finally here. It was the house Hyo-unnie and I grew up in. My childhood home...

Over the years it was Hyoyeon-unnie who had taken care of it. But after her death, it now belonged to me. It hadn't been touched for months now. Yet I could see that unnie had taken care of it really well.

Everything was how I remembered it. Even the gardens.

"I wanted to check on the house Minna-ah..." I responded.

My niece pouted as she looked around.

"Where are we umma??"

Yuri stepped out of the car as well.

"Minna-ah remember what I told you in the car?" asked Yuri.

Minna shook her head cutely, "I was too sleepy to listen~..."

I chuckled as Yuri scowled.

"YAH! LEE-IM MINNA!! HOW COULD YOU FALL ASLEEP TO YOUR TEACHER TALKING??!!"

"Keke~ Merong~!"

My niece ran to me as Yuri began to chase her.

"Aish~ Enough you too," I said while still chuckling. "We're at your grandparents' house Minna-ah. This is where Hyoyeon-unnie and I grew up."

"Ohhhhh~ it's very nice. Can we go inside???"

"Of course. I have the key right here. Would you like to open the door?"

Minna nodded excitedly as I handed her the keys.

As soon as the door was open she ran inside not even waiting for the two of us.

"Oh AISH! That kid!!" said Yuri as she began chasing after Minna. "Don't worry Yoong. I'll get her back... You take time exploring the house okay?"

But before Yuri could go after chasing my hyperactive niece I stopped her.

"Be careful alright Yul?" I say while planting a chaste kiss on her lips.

Yuri smiled at me and ran off after Minna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seemed that Hyoyeon-unnie didn't touch the house at all. All the furniture was covered in large white cloth to protect it. The fine China and silver that my mother used to collect were also packed away safely. Even the grand carpets that used to lay along the wooden floors were rolled up nicely...

Although it seemed unnie had it cleaned regularly as the stairs weren't covered in as much dust. As I made my way up, I noticed that Hyoyeon-unnie had kept all the paintings and family portraits up above the walls. They lined our house as my father had a hobby of taking pictures. The frames all were either pictures of me and Hyoyeon-unnie as children or of our mother. There were only a few of my father.

I paused upon a particular photo. It was the one taken at my seventh birthday party, the last one I spent with my parents. My mother was smiling widely at the camera as I sat on her lap quite happy. Hyo-unnie was leaning on our umma with our hands intertwined. My father was next to my mother, sweetly kissing her on the cheek. It was a nice picture and brought back fond memories.

I continued towards the destination. My childhood bedroom. I managed to find it at the end of the hallway. There was a handmade makeshift crayon sign that read, "Yoona's Room." Prying the door open, I saw that Hyoyeon-unnie had left it just the way it used to look.

The bed was still covered in its sky blue covers, printed with white rabbits, although most of the rabbits had faded with the years. My stuffed animals lay on the bed just as I had left them. The walls were plastered with many drawings and pictures of me and unnie. But what my eyes looked to was the large bookshelf in my room.

Even as I child, I was an avid reader. On my bookshelf there were several volumes of classics that I had read when I was  younger and there were even some very early attempts at writing. As I took one of the old notebooks off my shelf I laughed. Flipping the pages reminded me of the child Im Yoona, the one who had so admired her elder sister. I closed the book when something else caught my eye.

It was much newer then anything else in this room.

An envelope.

I gingerly pulled it out from amongst my old books and gasped in surprise as I realized it was in Hyoyeon-unnie's handwriting.

A letter.

It was addressed to me...

~~~~~

My dearest baby sister,

If you're reading this now my Yoong. Then that must mean that you're crying as I am no longer able to be at your side and brush the tears away. I apologize for my probably abrupt ascension from this earth.
You probably miss your older sister right?
Hehe~.
My little deer, you are the most important thing that Mom and Dad left me and I cannot thank them enough for blessing me with such an amazing younger sister.
I still remember when I first met you...
You were so small and tiny. I loved you from the moment I saw you. I knew that it was my duty to protect you from everything in this world. Sadly I can see that it hasn't really worked out that way.

I know that there must have been times that you suffered alone and there are still times that you hurt by yourself. I've know you for such a long time Yoona-ah and you must blame yourself for all your problems...
But Yoongie I hope you realize that it isn't your fault.
Jessica told me of Kim's agressiveness and the contract you signed...
I wish you hadn't done that Yoong.
If there's one thing I wish to leave you my deer, is to leave you a gift that teaches you to believe in yourself and learn how to rely on others. I wish for you to learn how to love, to learn how to teach love, but most of all to find someone that loves you as much I do.
That's why I left my daughter in your care... ;)
Minna is as precious to me as you are. It's quite ironic that she looks so much like you though~
I understand that she is still very young, but she's so intelligent Yoong.
I know you'll be able to learn how to love from this kid. She has a gift Yoona, there's no one out there that CAN'T love her. She's a ball of love and warmth.
I hope that she can be the key to your happiness in life. Minna will lead you places and to people you would have never known. She needs so much attention and love that it'll be impossible for you to not learn from her. I leave her in your care my Yoong. I know that you will raise her well.
I don't leave her as a burden to you.
No.
I leave her in your care because I trust you. I trust that you'll be able to provide the love that Hyukjae and I can no longer give her when we are not with you two...
Yoona-ah... I hope that when we do meet again that I can finally see the happy and cheerful Yoona that I grew up. I don't want to see a depressed self-blaming workaholic. I know what you've done to protect Hyukjae and I...
I don't aprove but I know it is from your love for us. I forgive you for what you've done.
I just hope that one day you'll be able to find someone that's not afraid to tear down your barriers as I was too cowardly to do so... Make sure you introduce them to me arasso? xD
When I do see you again, I want to see a content married woman with a beautiful family.
Until then, live well my Yoong~
Live on for umma and appa.
And I guess now, live on for me and Hyukjae too.
I can never express how much I care for you but... I love you Yoona.

You know I hate saying farewell...
So I will see you soon enough okay? ^^
All the love in the wolrd
Your elder sister,
Im Hyoyeon.

~~~~~

"Umma?"

It was Minna's sweet voice that finally broke me from the trance after I finished reading Hyoyeon-unnie's letter.

The little mini-me stood in the doorway with a sweet expression. I smiled as she ran over to me and I embraced her.

She was so small and young... Yet I had already learned so many things from her...

Minna was the one who led me back to my family. I was finally able to come clean to Hyoyeon-unnie about the contract. I could finally make ammends. I achieved vengeance as Kim now rotted in jail. It was Minna who opened up my heart again, as I saw not only myself but Hyoyeon-unnie as I got to know her. I didn't know when it happened but Minna had melted me. Completely. It was she that introduced me to Yuri.

Yuri... my first love. She was evertyhing I could ask for... and without Minna, I would have nothing right now...

I owned Hyoyeon-unnie big time.

"Umma? Why are you crying??" asked Minna worriedly.

"I'm crying because I'm so happy Minna-ah..."

"Jinja? You are not sad?"

"No Minna... I'm just extremely happy..."

"I'm glad umma is happy!"

Minna squeezed me and snuggled into the crook of my neck. I enjoyed the warmth from my small niece as I felt another figure joing our hug.

It was Yuri.

"Yuri-ah... Thank you."

"You're welcome Yoona-ah. I love you."

"I love you too."

"And Minna loves both seonsaengnim and umma!"

Yuri chuckled and gave Minna a small kiss.

Minna pouted, "Umma I'm hungry now! Can we go eat?"

"Aish~ you shikshin... You must've inherited my genes..."

"Umma~" whined Minna.

"Arasso... let's go eat then! The last one to the car is paying!" I yell before sprinting downstairs with Minna squealing in my arms.

"YAH!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR IM YOONA!!!" yelled Yuri loudly.

I giggled.

~~~~~~

Hyoyeon-unnie-ah~

Thank you for everything you've given me.

You sacrificed every little thing just so I could have a happy life.

There's nothing I can do to repay so instead I'll cherish my blessings...

Although you aren't here with my anymore, I'm still going to keep living... For the both of us.

I'm so blessed to have everyone in my life.

Soo. Seohyun. Taeyeon-unnie. Sunny-unnie. Jessica-unnie. Tiffany-unnie.

Minna.

And especially Yuri-ah.

I'm looking forward to a better future with you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awww man~ I at writing endings... TT~TT

I really can't believe I finished my first-ever long fiction... 38 chapters, including the poll... WOW!

I really want to thank all of my readers for sticking with me. Especially those of you that really supported me and gave me advice from the earlier chapters. You really were my inspiration to keep on writing.

Thanks to all my readers (both silent and known) and especially to my subscribers!! xD

You guys all rock!

Thank you is just enough for me to say. I really can't think of a word that describes how greatful I am to all of you. <3

And now as for the sequel to this...

Well I've gotten no negative feedback, so I guess the sequel is on!

Hehe~ to be honest I really can't part from the characters... Stay tuned later this week for that update kay?

Love you all and once again thank you so much!!!!