The Doe-Eyed Princess Melts the Ice Princess

My Sister's Gift

Yoona’s POV

It had been a week since I had talked to Minna but as usually I made sure to promise her that I would come pick her up.

Today I had told Yuri that I would be picking up Minna during recess since the two of us had to go meet Sica-unnie and the president.

After our talk, Minna seemed much happier and she willingly left to go to class with Yuri-ssi. We were also much closer than before.

I also ended up giving Yuri my number so she would be able to text me and keep me updated on how Minna was doing.

Yuri-ssi had promised she’d text me every two hours.

As I arrived at the photo shoot that had finally been rescheduled this week, I was surprised to see that Jessica-unnie had already arrived with Tiffany-unnie. In fact, it seemed as if the whole staff was all prepped and ready to start the photo shoot.

I rushed out of the car, worried and scared of Hellsica if I had accidently mistaken the time and was now late.

“Good morning Fany-unnie,” I said politely as Sica-unnie seemed to be discussing something with one of the staff.

“Morning Yoona-ah!” said Fany-unnie brightly.

“Ummm… am I late? I thought the shoot didn’t begin until 9?”

Fany-unnie smiled, “Not at all, you’re perfectly on time. It’s just that…”

“Just that what?”

Fany-unnie smiled a bit meekly and whispered, “Sica scolded the staff that the reason you left last week was because you were displeased with the quality of the photo shoot. So everyone apparently was here from 5 in the morning to set up. Sica and I didn’t get here until 15 minutes ago.”

I mentally smacked my head.

Really Sica-unnie? Now the staff is going to be scared of me… Geez, I mean I know I’m Im Yoona and I have a reputation to keep but I don’t have to be portrayed as a heartless person…

A light tap on my arm shook me away from my thoughts and I faced a petite lady. Judging from the way she was dressed, I assumed she was one of the staff. 

"Ummm Miss Im..."

"Yes?" I asked. The staff member flinched a little.

"I-I-I'm... M-m-m-my name is Soojin and I-I-I-I'm the one t-t-that ordered the costumes. A-a-and I wanted to a-a-apologize for wasting your time. I-I-I-I'm sorry."

She made a 90 degree bow and seemed to be trembling, probably from fear.

Geez this lady is at least five years olde then I am and she's bowing to me... Omo~ sometimes I hate being a celebrity... I mean it wasn't even her fault for messing up the orders. We all make mistakes...

"It's alright," I said.

"Everyone makes mistakes."

She let out a sign of relief.

"Y-y-yes ma'am, and ummm... I'm supposed to take you to the dressing rooms now."

I nodded and followed Soojin to get ready for the photo shoot.

Just as I finished dressing and getting my hair and makeup done, my phone beeped. Sica-unnie gave me a questioning look as I didn’t really socialize with many people.

It was Yuri.

To: Im Yoona
Fr: Yuri-ssi

Ummm… Hi there Yoona-ssi! ^^
Just wanted to let you know that Minna is doing well. There hasn’t been an incident so far. We’re just about to have story time now.
Hopefully you’re having a good day!
See you soon~

I smiled at the message, knowing that Minna was doing just fine at school and thankful that Yuri had kept her promise to keep me updated.

To: Yuri-ssi
Fr: Im Yoona

Thank you for the update Yuri-ssi.
Please make sure Minna stays out of trouble ^^

I pressed the send button and followed Soojin to the studio where the shoot had been set up.

The shoot went smoothly and we finished with time to spare. As I dressed back into my normal clothes I noticed it was just about time to pick Minna up. I hurriedly grabbed my purse and my keys as Sica-unnie and Fany-unnie watched me curiously.

“Where are you going Yoona?” asked Sica-unnie.

“I’m off to pick Minna up; you said you wanted to meet her right, with the president?”

“Yes, but you looked overly excited… as if you’re almost going on a date instead of picking up your niece.”

“You’re not going on a date are you Yoona-ah?” interrupted Tiffany-unnie.

I rolled my eyes at my two unnies, “I’m just going to pick Minna up unnies. I’ll meet you at the company in about an hour.”

Yuri POV

The children were all happily playing at recess as I waited for Yoona in the parking lot. She had texted me twenty minutes ago to let me know that she was coming to pick Minna up.

Yes that’s right… I had gotten Im Yoona’s number! OMG! Kyaaa~ >.<
AND! She was texting me back! OMO~ it’s a dream come true!

“Seonsaengnim~” said a cute voice. I looked down to see Taemin and Minna.

“Hey kids, what are you guys up to?”

“Is umma coming soon?” asked Minna.

Taemin frowned slightly, “Is your umma coming to pick you up Minna?”

“Yes!” said Minna brightly. “We’re going to go see someone very important.”

An important person? OMG. Who is it??? A boyfriend? Girlfriend? OMO~ fiancé?? O.O

“Seonsaengnim,” said Taemin tearing me away from my thoughts. “Why are you breathing so hard? Are you okay?”

Minna stared at me with a puzzled expression as I smiled weakly at the two kids and nodded.

A car suddenly pulled into the parking lot and I saw the familiar view of Yoona’s car.

“Umma~!” squealed Minna as she hurriedly let go of Taemin’s hand.

I saw Yoona wave at Minna as she parked and got out of the car.

“Minna-ah!” Yoona cooed as she gave Minna one of her dazzling smiles.

I think I almost started to hyperventilate again. As Yoona walked over to Minna, I saw that all the staff members at the daycare were craning their necks to get a better look at this absolutely gorgeous lady. There were even people crammed together at the window. It was a good thing Yoona was wearing sunglasses and a mask or else there would’ve been a riot.

I suddenly started to feel jealous at the thought of Yoona being ogled by everyone. But that feeling soon disappeared as Yoona walked over and waved at me.

“I’m sorry if I made you wait Yuri-ssi.”

“Not at all, I haven’t been waiting for long.”

Hehe, actually I’ve been waiting for twenty minutes…

“Well I’ll be taking Minna now; we have a meeting with my manager. I’m sorry to inconvenience you with my hectic schedule.”

Ohhh her MANGER, that’s the person who’s important.

Phew~ no one intimate… WAIT… KWON YURI! Why do you care so much? You have absolutely no chance with her!

“Again it’s no problem Yoona-ssi, I’m happy to help you out.”

“Noona,” said Taemin as he had been staring at Yoona for a while.

I saw Yoona give him a funny look but turn to face him.

“Hello there! Who are you?”

“I’m Taemin, Minna’s friend. Noona, are you Minna’s umma?”

“Yes, I am now.”

Taemin’s eyes widened in surprise, “Wow, noona is really pretty!”

Yoona chuckled and ruffled his hair, “Thank you Taemin-ah! Why don’t you go back to recess now? Minna will be going home now.”

Taemin nodded obediently and ran off to join the other children.

“Minna-ah,” said Yoona. “Can you wait for me by the car? I need to talk to Yuri-seonsaengnim for a moment.”

"Yes umma!"

Minna smiled and skipped to the car.

“Yuri-ssi,” said Yoona as she shyly continued.

“I-I wanted to thank you personally. I followed your advice and Minna and I have been talking about it a lot over the past week. Thanks to the talks we’re definitely closer then before. I would’ve never figured out Minna’s sadness if you hadn’t told me. Thank you Yuri-ssi, I owe you a favor.”

Ohhhh she looks cute being so shy~

“It was no trouble at Yoona-ssi. Like I said, it’s my job as a teacher to help my students.”

“W-well I know it’s your job but I still feel like I owe you a favor,” continued Yoona as she looked at the ground, slowly turning red. “S-s-so I was w-w-wondering… w-w-would you maybe… l-l-like to have dinner with me tonight? T-t-to return the favor?”

OH. MY. GOD. Did THE Im Yoona just ask me on a date? OMG OMG OMG!! *SPAZZ ATTACK* BREATHE YURI BREATHE!!! OMG, what should I say??? Wait am I awake???? Am I dreaming???

“Y-y-yuri-ssi? Are you alright?” asked Yoona. “It’s alright if you don’t want to. I understand if you’re busy or if you have a boyfriend…”

“Omo, no, no, that’s the not the case!” I yelled, startling Yoona.

Her cute brown doe eyes stared into mine.

“It’s just that... Well you caught me off guard! A celebrity like you going on a dinner with someone like me?”

Yoona’s eyes shimmered with hope.

“I would love to have dinner with you Yoona-ssi. What time?”

Yoona rubbed the back of her neck and she cutely pouted.

OMO~ so cuuuute~

“Will 7:00 work for you? I’d have to leave Minna with my friend, so we won’t be able to stay out too late…”

“7:00 will be fine Yoona-ssi.”

“Great!” Yoona smiled widely, “I’ll pick you up at 7:00, can you text me your address?”

I nodded and she happily walked to her car.

Oh geez… what did you set yourself up for Kwon Yuri???

Jessica POV

I had arranged for Mr. Kim (the company manager), Tiffany and I for to meet Yoona at a small private café.

Mr. Michael Kim was the president and founder of K-Entertainment. He had been born in Korea but raised in the US. He had built the company from scratch and now it was one of the biggest and most successful entertainment companies in the business. However he was known infamously for his ruthless ways of obtaining a celebrity’s fame. Needless to say, Yoona had only helped K-Entertainment’s popularity and success rise. Mr. Kim was quite fond of the popularity and fame Yoona brought to the company, so hopefully this meeting would turn out well.

As Fany and I got ourselves settled in front of Mr. Kim, Yoona walked in with a small girl.

Wow, Fany was right. She looks just like Yoona!

“Good afternoon Mr. Kim,” said Yoona formally as she bowed deeply. The little girl copied Yoona’s movements and also bowed.

“Good afternoon Ms. Im. Take a seat and we’ll have a talk.”

Yoona sat down.

“I-I want all of you to meet my niece. This is Lee-Im Minna, my late older sister’s only daughter and my now adoptive daughter.”

The little girl smiled, “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Minna!”

I had to smile at Minna’s cuteness. Now I admit, usually I’m a hard-headed and firm individual, but this little girl had absolutely melted me the way that no one else besides Tiffany and Yoona can.

And here I thought, I’d have a difficult time accepting Yoona having a daughter…

Mr. Kim chuckled, “Hello Minna-ah, my name is Michael Kim, and you can just call me Uncle. I’m your umma’s boss.”

“Annyeong Minna-ah!” exclaimed Fany brightly as she eye-smiled at Minna.

“My name is Hwang Tiffany; call me Tiffany-unnie or Fany-unnie. I work with your umma.”

“I’m Jung Jessica. I’m your umma’s manager, call me Sica-unnie.”

Minna nodded at the information she just took in.

“Now back to business,” said Mr. Kim. “From what I can see now, there is no possible way for Minna to be separated from you, is that correct Ms. Im.”

I saw Yoona slightly glare, “That will not be happening Mr. Kim. Minna is my responsibility; I will not be letting her go for any reason.”

Mr. Kim cocked an eyebrow, “Even if it means giving up your career Ms. Im?”

“Minna means more to me then my own personal fame Mr. Kim,” answered Yoona curtly. “She’s all I have left of my family now sir. If you don’t remember you took away my older sister from me. I won’t allow you to do the same with Minna.”

Our table was silent and I could see Minna fidgeting in her seat.

“Minna means everything to me now. There is no one who can take me away from her.”

“If you choose to drop my contract sir,” continued Yoona, “I’ll be perfectly fine with that. I’m pretty sure that there are other companies willing to hire me now.”

Mr. Kim smiled a little, “That won’t be necessary Ms. Im. I just wanted to see your resolve and now that I have, I can see that there is no use in changing your mind.”

He looked back at me, “Ms. Jung please continue to arrange the press conference we have discussed earlier. This meeting is finished. I’ll be taking my leave now.”

Mr. Kim shook on his coat and he turned to leave.

“Oh Miss Im,” said Mr. Kim as he turned around to face us. “I don’t disagree with Minna staying from you, but I got an interesting call from a certain Lee Sora. She seems quite… determined to ruin your public image. So I would watch closely over your niece… Family can be quite inconvenient at times.”

“Thank you sir,” said Yoona coldly, “I will keep that in mind.”

The president of K-Entertainment left leaving behind a cold atmosphere that even I couldn’t have been responsible for.

“Yoona,” I said, “I apologize for Mr. Kim’s behavior.”

Yoona smiled instantly trying to pacify me.

Aish Im Yoona, you’ve ALWAYS been a people pleaser… You need to stop being so nice…

“It’s fine Sica-unnie it isn’t your fault.”

“Umma,” said Minna as we all saw the fear in her doe-eyes.

“That man isn’t going to take you away from me right umma? You promised we’d always be together…”

Yoona smiled and picked Minna up.

“Minna-ah, I don’t break my promises, we’ll always be together.”

You’ve grown up Yoona-ah. I’m glad. I think you’re finally strong enough to protect the ones that you love. Fighting Yoona!

“Now I think, it’s a fine time for my niece and my two closest unnies to finally get to know each other.”

Yoona looked at Minna, “How about we go to the park and get ice cream Minna-ah?”

Minna’s eyes brightened instantly, “Let’s go umma! You two too unnies!”

Tiffany eye-smiled at me and I took her hand as the two us followed the two doe-eyed princesses to the nearby park.

I guess deer are able to magically erase the coldness of an ice princess…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun. Dun. Dun. What has Mr. Kim done to Yoona in the past? And is Sora coming back into the picture?
Hello my beloved readers and subscribers! Here’s an update! Yes FINALLY Yoonyul will be going on a date
J and… the Sooseo couple will have their official meeting as well. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to update next, but I will try to have the Yoonyul date up by tomorrow as I have school.
Please please don’t forget to comment and subscribe! And as always thank you for supporting this fanfiction! Love you all!