The Price of Im Yoona's Fame

My Sister's Gift

*Flashback several years ago*

It is winter and the fifteen-year-old Yoona happily runs home from school after bidding her friends goodbye at the lamp post. She reaches the apartment that Hyoyeon and herself had painstakingly saved up for after Hyoyeon had left the girls’ home with her sister as soon as she turned eighteen.

“Hyo-unnie, Hyuk-oppa I’m home!” shouted Yoona as she took off her shoes.

Hyoyeon and her boyfriend stuck their heads outside from the kitchen.

“Yoona-ah!” cried Hyoyeon happily. She rushed over to Yoona and helped her remove her coat and started to warm up Yoona’s cold hands.

“Omo your hands are so cold Yoona-ah, come into the living room to warm up!”

Hyoyeon wrapped her younger sister in a thick blanket while Hyukjae walked into the kitchen to return with a cup of hot cocoa.

“Here Yoona,” smiled Hyukjae as he handed Yoona the warm mug.

Yoona smiled at the couple and she gulped down the cocoa, “Hyoyeon-unnie, Hyukjae-oppa, I have awesome news!”

Yoona dug into her school bag and handed Hyoyeon an envelope.

“Remember the writing competition I entered last month? The thriller I wrote for young adults? I found out that I won today!” squealed Yoona.

“They want to publish it! They called me out of math today so I could talk with the publisher! Isn’t that great? My dream to become author is finally coming true!”

Hyoyeon and Hyukjae read the letter thoroughly and they both had wide smiles on their faces when they finished.

“That’s so awesome Yoongie!” said Hyoyeon, excited for her younger sister.

“Yeah, this is really cool Yoona!” exclaimed Hyukjae happily.

“They want to meet you two next week so they can discuss the contract, since I’m a minor. You guys can come right?” asked Yoona eagerly.

Hyoyeon tucked a strand of Yoona’s hair behind her ear and smiled. Hyoyeon couldn’t help smiling at her sister’s dreams finally coming true.

“Of course sweetie, we’ll both make sure to be there.”

Yoona smiled happily at the two and snuggled into her sister’s embrace. The three spent the rest of the evening animatedly discussing the possible future of Yoona’s success.

As Yoona drifted off into sleep from the warm atmosphere, both Hyukjae and Hyoyeon lovingly watched Yoona fall into deep slumber.

“I told you I’ll always watch over you,” whispered Hyoyeon to her sleeping sister.

“I’m glad we both made it my doe-eyed princess.”

About a year later

Yoona’s books had become a success and now it was being adapted to a highly anticipated movie. Today Yoona, Hyoyeon, and Jessica (Yoona’s manager who was just hired recently) were meeting up with the director, producer, and the president of K-Entertainment to discuss the contract for the movie. The young doe-eyed girl set up a contract that basically gave her the priority to decide on every aspect of the movie that was to be filmed.

The staff was happy to work with the bubbly young intelligent creator of their work. The only problem they had was that they could not find a suitable actress for the main character. Yoona had grown quite attached to her novel and for her, the actor and actresses that were to be cast were very important to her. As Yoona sat through the hundredth audition today, she sighed out of frustration.

All the actresses were too old, too pretty, too arrogant, or too fabulous. The lead was supposed to be a fresh-cut young girl, not a pampered star.

“Yoona-ssi, I have an idea,” said the director suddenly. “Why don’t you play the lead?”

Yoona almost choked on the water she had been drinking. “Me? Why me? I’m not an actress!”

“But you know what the character is supposes to feel, think, and act like. You’re perfect for the part!”

The other staff started to agree with the director while Yoona was left alone to her thoughts, pondering the absurd idea.

"Yoona, sweetie," said Hyoyeon, "you know I don't think it's that bad of an idea..."

“But Hyoyeon-unnie I don’t want to be an actress..”

*A few years later*

Yoona was now seventeen and she was currently on set filming one of the more physically demanding scenes. She was exhausted. She hated filming and being an actress. Although she was a natural at acting, Yoona didn't like the constant need of having to look perfect on camera.

On top of that she still had juggle school and her other works that the publication company kept demanding for. Including that was now the public’s intense demand for the young Im Yoona. Her fans called her a prodigy and they could not get enough of her books and especially her face on the big screen.

However Yoona hated the filming. For the most part she made the most of it but now was one of the times that she could barely take it. Her co-actor had been making mistake after mistake. She was exhausted. She was ready to break down and cry... This shot had been going on for over an hour now.

The director finally called for a break and Yoona ran off the set followed closely by Jessica and Tiffany. The doe-eyed girl was in search for one person in particular and when she finally saw that person she ran over to her. Hyoyeon seeing her baby sister, immediately wrapped Yoona in a hug. The doe-eyed girl burst into tears as she finally broke down from the stress and being over worked.

"Hyo-unnie... I-I-I c-c-can't do t-t-this…”

“Sweetie, I know it’s hard but we signed the contract for this film… it’s the last one Yoongie. After this, you can go back to just writing alright? I’ll talk to K-Entertainment with Hyukkie.”

Yoona sniffled and nodded at her unnie relieved that this hell would finally be over.

As Hyoyeon continued to comfort Yoona, a man had been listening onto their conversation. It was none other than Mr. Kim, the president of K-Entertainment. Yoona had made K-Entertainment one of the biggest and most popular in Korea, he had no intention of letting Yoona go after this contract. He knew that Yoona was weak, the perfect tool to mold into the upmost perfect idol. She had the potential to be his step stone to success. There was only one thing in his way, Hyoyeon. He had to somehow separate the two sisters; the older one was way too protective of the younger one…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona sat crying in Mr. Kim’s office. A contract was sitting on the contract right in front of her. She was now eighteen and no longer under the legal guardianship of her older sister. Hyoyeon was no longer besides her while signing the contract.

“Miss Im?” pried Mr. Kim, “What will your choice be?”

“Are you sure that Hyoyeon-unnie and Hyuk-oppa will be kept safe away from my fans if I sign this?” Yoona asked.

Earlier that day, the very pregnant Hyoyeon, worried about her sister’s health, had been trampled by Yoona’s crazy fans as she was trying to bring her baby sister lunch during her hectic filming schedule. She was now hospitalized and her baby was in danger.
Yoona was unable to forgive herself for Hyoyeon’s condition no matter how many times Hyukjae had tried to persuade her. Mr. Kim had called shortly after the incident offering Yoona a deal. All she had to was to sign a contract to K-Entertainment. In exchange Yoona would be too busy for family and thus Hyoyeon and Hyukjae would be kept safe from all of Yoona’s fans. In other words they would be completely wiped out of Yoona’s life.

Yoona exhaled in a deep breath and gingerly picked up the pen.

She signed the contract.

“Thank you Miss Im,” said Mr. Kim.

Yoona left and drove towards the hospital as she cried her heart out.

“Unnie you’ve done so much for me, now it’s my turn to protect you…”

*Few months after the incident*

Yoona finally finished up her CF shooting and she rushed out of the studio. Hyukjae had called her three hours ago, informing her that Hyoyeon was going into labor.

Yoona sped to hospital and towards the nursery.

She quickly found the baby girl sleeping peacefully in her crib, the name tag reading, Lee-Im Minna. Yoona smiled at her niece. The little baby girl seemed plenty healthy.

“I knew you’d come Yoona,” said a voice startling Yoona. It was Hyukjae.

“Hyuk-oppa.”

“Hey Yoona, long time no see...”

Hyukjae hugged his sister in-law and Yoona stiffened at his touch.

“Yoona-ah… Hyo and I miss you so much. When are you coming home Yoongie?
Yoona tried to hold her tears.
“I’m busy Hyuk-oppa…”

The two stared at the baby girl in silence. The little bundle of joy squirmed within her blankets.

“She’s beautiful isn’t she?” asked Hyukjae breaking the awkward silence.

“Yes she is.”

“Yoona-ah…” said Hyukjae softly, “I know what you did. I know that you signed a contract…”

Yoona flinched a little.

“Does Hyo-unnie know?”

“No, I decided to not tell her when Sica told me. It’s your job to tell her.”

“She’s better off not knowing oppa.”

Hyukjae sighed, “She misses you a lot you know. She cries for you at night…”

It took all her will power but Yoona managed to control her emotions. She shrugged at Hyukjae’s last comment.

“I’m busy oppa, unnie should understand that.”

With that she handed Hyukjae a nicely wrapped present.

“This is for the baby and Hyoyeon-unnie. I have to go.”

“Won’t you at least see her?”

Yoona shook her head, “It’s better this way oppa. For both of us.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night Yoona couldn’t sleep. She kept of replaying the conversation she had with Hyukjae.

The truth was that Yoona was miserable. She missed Hyoyeon so much and the times she had spent with her. She had almost wanted to run away from the company and the contract… but Mr. Kim had warned her that awful things would happen to Hyoyeon if Yoona fled.

“Hyoyeon-unnie… I miss you so much,” whispered Yoona.

The darkness that filled the night was the only witness to the heartbroken young girl as she sobbed her heart out.

*End of Flashback*

 

Yuri POV

I had tears flowing down my own face as Yoona finished her story. Yoona sobbed openly in front of me, still feeling guilty of her actions and choices. Her whole body shook as she cried.

Her doe eyes were red from all the tears

“A-a-a-and now Hyoyeon-unnie i-i-is g-g-gone…” Yoona sobbed, “she died t-t-thinking that I-I-I didn’t l-l-love her….”

Yoona erupted into another fit of sobs.

"Yoona-ah... that's definitely not true... I'm positive that your sister knew you loved her. Why else would she leave you her only daughter?"

"B-b-b-but still... I-I-I-I hurt her so m-m-m-much... I don't deserve her f-f-f-f-forgivenes... I-I-I don't deserve to l-l-live happily..."

"Yoona-ah, you deserve every single happy thing in the world. Everyone does..."

Yoona burst into tears again.

All I could do was comfort her. I soon had my arms around Yoona as she shook from her cries. I gently rubbed soothing circles on her back and hummed.

Im Yoona, I think I really do love you…

I love you Im Yoona, so much that it hurts.

I want to be able to give you comfort…

Will you give me a chance?

Will you give me a chance to give you happiness?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here's the update! No long updates for at least two days, BUT I'll make sure to upload a short side story about Minna's and Soo's night together.
Again thank you for ALL of you that subscribe and read this story! :)
Please leave a comment, feedback is always helpful! ^^