Enduring the Storm

My Sister's Gift

Yoona POV

The press conference lasted for another two hours as both Minna and I were bombarded with questions. The press and my fans even targeted questions at Sica-unnie and Fany-unnie.

Mr. Kim declined to answer any questions directed at him.

Now the unnies, my whole entire staff (even all my stylists and editors), Minna, and I sat before Mr. Kim and several other representatives of K-Entertainment.

Directly after the conference we had all been told to come straight to the K-Entertainment building. Every single member of my staff had been called to gather there.

It was because of my “rebellious” actions during the press conference. Without realizing it I had caused the press and public to suspect K-Entertainment. After my statement, the company was now a mess.

Every single media group within the country wanted the dirt on Mr. Kim, K-Entertainment, and what had exactly happened between the Im Yoona and her own company.

Other entertainment companies had even began contacting my managing and publicist staff to request sponsoring me, as they thought from the acts that I had cut myself from K-Entertainment.

As Mr. Kim put it, I had endangered the prosperity of the whole company with my actions. But lets’ be honest, I could care less as all I did was to tell the truth.

“So Miss Im what will you do to repent for your actions?” asked Mr. Kim as all eyes of K-Entertainment looked at me.

“Sir I don’t see why I have to repent at all. From what I can see, I followed the company guidelines perfectly. It states that I must tell the truth no matter what circumstances I may face. I did just that.”

I could hear my staff gasp from behind me and the hissing of both Jessica-unnie and Tiffany-unnie at my out burst.

“Surely you did Miss Im, however through your speech you seem to have implied that K-Entertainment had you put under an unfair contract. Care to elaborate?”

I looked coldly back at him, my voice filling with ice, “I do not remember any unfair contracts. As I signed them myself, I do not see why you are riled up about the press’s notions against your company’s contracts.”

“Miss Im, they are accusing us of pressuring you under our contracts due to certain circumstances from when you were younger.”

“Mr. Kim we all know in this room that is untrue. I do not see the problem of why you are accusing me of tainting your company. Just explain to the public of the nature of these contracts. After all, every single contract of K-Entertainment is fair.” I answered, my tone dripping with sarcasm.

“If you choose to drop me as your client,” I continued, “I will accept that fact. I can easily find another company to take me, as they have been storming my phone lines all afternoon.”

Mr. Kim glared at me, turning bright red from anger. I knew I had hit a nerve. He knew perfectly well of what I had been implying. If news of the contract I had signed at 18 was released, the whole company would be in trouble.

The other members of K-Entertainment whispered frantically amongst themselves. Mr. Kim seemed ready to kill someone.

“Very well Miss Im, you are good to leave now. We will be giving you a month’s break from any entertainment opportunity that K-Entertainment has provided you, consider a gift for all your hard work.”

He smirked. I knew he was doing this to punish me. He thought by taking away my work, I’d end up begging for my job as I needed money; however he forgot one important detail.

I smiled sweetly at him, “Thank you sir. I would appreciate it quite a lot. As you must know K-Entertainment is quite kind to for giving me a break from shooting any of my films.”

Mr. Kim’s and his men’s faces froze in shock.

“And coincidently I have no films I’ve been shooting as of now.” I continued. “This break finally allows me time to focus on my next book release and other aspects of this industry. I can finally take upon the requests from all the variety shows and not to mention all the advertising companies’ requests for photo shoots and CFs.”

“Thank you Mr. Kim. Please have a wonderful day!” I said cheerfully as the sounds of my heels clacking were the only sound that filled the quiet room as my staff and I left the room filled with dumbfounded men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh my gosh… YOONA! You were so awesome in there!” squealed Tiffany-unnie.

We were at a nearby café now, enjoying some refreshments as we all had quite a day. Although it was still early afternoon, I was already completely exhausted. Minna had fallen asleep and was dozing away in Tiffany unnie’s lap.

Jessica-unnie rolled her eyes at her girlfriend.

“Awesome? AWESOME? What the heck are you talking about Fany?! Yoona caused quite a mess! Mr. Kim is beyond pissed right now! How is the press going to take this? Gosh darn it Yoong! I mean I care about you, but honestly… what if this really does ruin your career?”

Jessica-unnie was probably the most stressed of all of us right now. Sica-unnie handled every single aspect of my schedules, which means she arranged how I basically made a living. I suddenly felt pity for her.

“Sica-unnie~” I cooed, “I know you care about me unnie, but it’s time I made my own choices. Don’t worry I will take responsibility for my actions.”

Fany-unnie gently Sica-unnie’s face.

“Sica-baby, don’t worry so much. Yoongie is right; she should make her own decisions now. She’s 21, sweetie, ‘sides like she said, we can survive without K-Entertainment.”

Jessica-unnie slowly faced Tiffany-unnie as Tiffany-unnie gave her the signature Tiffany Hwang eye-smile. I could literally see the ice princess melting.

“Fany-ah~” whined Sica-unnie, “don’t give me that look… You KNOW I can’t stand it…”

“Keke~ then it must mean that it’s working,” said Fany-unnie.

Sica-unnie glared at Fany-unnie as Fany-unnie gave her girlfriend a sweet kiss. The ice princess blushed, but kissed her girlfriend back immediately. I rolled my eyes at the cheesy couple in front of me.

“Honestly you two, when are you guys getting married?”

Both Sica-unnie and Fany-unnie blushed a deep shade of red and looked away from each other.

I giggled, “Hehe~ Jinja unnies? You guys have been dating for years now and you’re shy about the word marriage?”

“Yah Im Yoona!” yelled Sica-unnie, “it isn’t nice to tease your elders!”

“Hahaha, whatever you say Sica-unnie. But you know it’s perfect don’t you think?”

“What is?” asked Fany-unnie confused.

“It’s perfect considering the fact that Minna is here with us.”

“What does that have to do with anything?” asked Sica-unnie puzzled.

I smiled slyly at them, “She’s the perfect flower girl for your wedding.”

“YAH! IM CHODING!!!”

Yuri POV

I sprinted upstairs to my apartment as soon as Taeyeon had dropped me off. I couldn’t believe I missed Yoona’s radio interview and press conference due to school! It was a good thing I recorded them both though. ^^

“Welcome back unnie!” said Seohyun cheerfully.

“Hey Seohyunnie, how was your day?”

“Pretty good, unnie the recording of Yoona’s press conference is all ready for you to watch and the podcast version of her interview is downloaded onto your iPod. Enjoy!”

“Omg Seo! You’re the best baby! I’ll make sure to make your favorite sweet potato pie for dinner today arasso?”

Seohyun smiled and went back to her textbooks.

Omo~ Yoona you sound so pretty on the radio! Kyaaa~ she laughed! @.@
Ohhh… her new book sounds interesting. I’m glad I pre-ordered V^^V
She didn’t get enough sleep while writing?? T^T aigoo… Yoona-ah you have to take better care of yourself… <3

Okay so yes, I’m over fangirling but I can’t help it! I love her! She’s just so beautiful! And perfect! And wonderful!!!

“There’s really nothing much to say, I simply enjoy being with that person and this person makes my heart flutter.”

Wait she’s talking about… her CRUSH?!?! WHAT?!?!?!?! O.O WHO IS IT?!?!? WAHHHHHH~ WHO DOES MY YOONGIE HAVE A CRUSH ON??? T^T 3
Makes her heart flutter??? OMO!!! She has it bad… *sobs* she’s in LOVE! But… with who????

Sadly the interview ended, leaving me in despair.

I know I don’t have chance with her… but STILL… a girl could dream right?!?!? *sigh* Im Yoona. Why did you have to fall in love with someone? You’re breaking my heart here T^T.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No One’s POV

Since it was still quite early, Yoona decided that this would be a perfect opportunity to call up the interior designer she had hired earlier. It was about time Minna received her new room, properly.

Yoona had already gone over the layout of her apartment with the designers and they promised it would all be done in the span of two days. However this left both Minna and Yoona homeless. Therefore they took liberty in staying at Sooyoung’s place for the night.

“Yoongie! Minna! Omo and Sica and Fany too?!?! It’s GREAT to see you guys! Come on in guys!” exclaimed Soo as she greeted the four tired people at the door.

Jessica and Tiffany had invited themselves over to dinner. As expected, Yoona was stuck in the kitchen cooking for her two hungry unnies and the other two shikshin. Sooyoung was also in the kitchen, supervising the makings of the salad, as the Jeti couple entertained Minna.

“I heard about the press conference Yoong,” said Sooyoung as she chuckled.

Sooyoung had always knownYoona had somewhat of a temper, but she didn't expect her friend to loose it at a press conference.

“Yeah, yeah Choi Sooyoung, I know I lost my cool,” said Yoona as she rolled her eyes.

“But seriously it wasn’t my fault,” said Yoona, “I just told the press the truth.”

“Sometimes the truth is hard to handle babe,” said Sooyoung as she winked.

“Oh shut it Soo,” scoffed Yoona.

“Oh by the way how’d your date go the other night?”

Sooyoung immediately blushed, matching the color of the tomatoes that she was busily chopping for the salad.

“Keke~” teased Yoona, “I take it went well?”

“YOOONGIE! It was terrible!” wailed Sooyoung. “I made a COMPLETE fool of myself! WAHHHHHHH~”

“Whoa, easy there buddy!” said Yoona as she tried to comfort Sooyoung who was now throwing a fit.

“What happened with Seohyun?”

“I-I-I… We *hic* w-w-went out to dinner and I took her to *hic* the normal buffet. B-b-b-but then we talked *hic* a-a-about goguma the whole time!!!! I didn’t even know what they were until the end of the night! Wahhhhhh~ She’s going to hate me now Yoong~”

Yoona began to laugh as Sooyoung finished her explanation. She was chortling so hard that she almost dropped the meat and vegetables she had been stir-frying.

“Oh my gosh, Choi Sooyoung, that is the FUNNIEST thing I’ve ever heard! Ahahahahaha!”

“It isn’t funny Yoona! She likes a freakin’ vegetable more than she likes me! Dx”

“Haha, calm down Soo, it was just one date. You’ll have more dates to woo her with.”

Sooyoung sniffled but nodded and went back to chopping vegetables.

Yoona continued to finish the stir-fry as she handled another frying pan to make a savory kind of rice with a bunch of spices and herbs. Yes, the Im Yoona was also good at cooking. Soo had seen her Yoong cook many times, but it never ceased to amaze her as she watched Yoona manage all four fires on the stove with a cool head.

She began adding the finishing touches to the meal when Sooyoung broke the quiet tension of her concentration.

"So Yoong since you heard about my date, how about your love life? I heard about someone making your heart flutter?" asked Sooyoung as she wagged her eyebrows in a teasing manner.

Yoona flushed pink, "You heard my interview?"

"That's beside the point, but yeah I listened to it."

The famous actress/writer heaved a deep sight, "Soo, I really don't know what to do..."

Well this was  new. Usually it was Sooyoung who ran to Yoona for relationship advice as the queen of shikshin always managed to get herself in trouble with her love interests.

"What's up Yoongie?"

"I honestly don't know what I'm feeling Soo."

"Well obviously you're in love silly deer."

Yoona gave her a blank look.

"I'm in love?" asked Yoona puzzled.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and looked up to the skies as if asking, Why me? 

"You pabo! Obviously you're in love! The way you've opened up to her, the way you're craving for her company, the way you've let her into your heart, the way you smile when you think of her, and most importantly the way you're confused right now... you're so mixed up in your emotions about her that you don't know how you feel! YOU'RE CRAZY FOR HER YOONG!"

Yoona blinked back in shock as she processed the information.

"I-I-I-I'm crazy f-f-f-for her?"

Sooyoung flicked Yoona's forehead and the deer flinched in pain.

"Yes you pabo deer. You. Are. In. LOVE... question is... with who?"

Again Yoona blushed a deep red.

Sooyoung eyed her suspiciously, "Oh geezus... Yoongie are you in love with your dinner date??!! As in Minna's TEACHER?!?!"

"SHHHHHHH!" whispered Yoona, "not that loud Soo! What if Jess-unnie and Fany-unnie hear!"

"Holy cow Yoona!?!? Honestly??? How'd you land someon that hot???"

If Yoona turned any redder she would have exploded by now. But she rolled her eyes toward the ceiling and smacked her best friend in the arm.

"That's not the point Soo! What am I supposed to do?"

"Well obviously you should tell her you pabo!"

Yoona's doe-eyes grew wide, "NO WAY!!! I don't have time for a relationship!"

"Well then my dear friend," said Sooyoung as the two shikshin finished making dinner, "you are in for some very looooong days."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoona POV

After dinner I decided it was a good idea for Minna and I to have some alone time together again. Recently the two of us had been running around with busy schedules with Soo, Jess-unnie, and Fany-unnie butting into our lives.

It's not like I minded, but it seemed like a good idea to spend some one on one time with my niece.

Minna run happily into the park that we had stopped by.

"Umma! Hurry up!!! I want to go on the swings!"

I smiled widely at my niece as she ran back towards me and started to drag me towards the playground.

"Arasso! I'm coming, I'm coming!"

"Umma quickly!"

"Yah! Minna-ah the playground isn't going to run away!"

"I know that umma, but I can run! Try to catch me! Merong~!"

Minna stuck her tongue out and sprinted towards the playground.

"LEE-IM MINNA! Wait until I catch you~!" I yelled as I chased the little girl.

Minna giggled gleefully until I caught up with her. I tackled her to the ground and embraced her tightly in my hands as we rolled down the hill, towards the park, together. Minna was laughing so hard that she was gasping for air.

"I caught you~ AND NOW you will be punished~!" I yelled again as I tickled Minna.

"Ahahahaha~ STOP umma! That tickles! Hee hee hee hee~!"

She squirmed out from beneath my arms and made her way to the swings.

"Umma! Can you push me?" she asked cutely.

I giggled at my little copy, "Arasso Minna-ah. Hang tight!"

Minna squealed in delight as I pushed her. Her happy giggles filled the silence of the park in the evening. The crickets had come out to sing and the sun was already streaked with purple and pink. Sunset was my favorite part of the day, it meant the day was over and it was time for another beginning.
I looked to the sky to see the birds heading towards their homes and the sky slowly turning dark and welcoming the stars. Minna saw my gaze towards the heavens and stared right back. Her doe eyes filled with wonder.

"It's so pretty umma. I can see the stars coming out!"

"That's right Minna, it's sun down. Another day's done."

"Another day is done," repeated Minna. "That means tomorrow is another day with you, right umma?"

I smiled at my niece's cuteness, "That's right Minna. Everyday is another day with you."

Minna grinned brightly and ran into my arms as I lifted her up.

"I love you umma!" said Minna as she planted a kiss on my cheek.

I blushed at my niece's outgoing behavior.

Gosh... she's so much like Hyo-unnie in character... She's so straightforward...

"I love you too..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri POV

As usual, I was taking my evening jog around the park, when I saw two familiar figures rolling around in the grass and playing at the park.

It was Yoona and Minna.

I smiled upon seeing them act so sweet together. I was happy that Minna was no longer crying and that she seemed happy to be spending time with her aunt. Minna was definitely one of my favorite students and I wanted to see her happy.

As I was about to turn around and head the other way, a sweet voice stopped me from doing so.

"Yuri-unnie? Is that you?"

Yoona came into my view and as usual she was drop-dead gorgeous. Although casually in a sweatshirt and sweats, she managed to pull it off like a super model for sports wear. Her brown doe eyes stared into mine and I found myself getting lost in them.

"Hey Yoona!"

My idol and crush broke into a grin as she made her way over to me. Minna broke into a large smile as she ran over to me and hugged my leg.

"Yuri-seonsaengnim! What are you doing here?!"

"Hehe~ I always jog here sweetie!"

Yoona flashed the dazzling smile that never fail to capture me and made my heart race as if I had just run a marathon.

Omg... my heart... calm down... stop making a fool of yourself! Yah!

"I'm glad I caught you here, unnie. I have something to discuss with you."

OMO~ BREATHE YURI! JUST BREATHE! Don't get ahead of yourself!!!

"Mind taking a walk with me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Hello to my readers! Here's an early Valentine's Day present for you all! ^^
Hopefully you enjoy it enough to leave me some comments! To my silent readers, thank you for reading my story but I'd love to hear feed back from you too! Please don't hesitate to do so!

And to new readers, welcome to my first ever fancfic! Please also don't hesitate to subscribe and comment!

I love you all and please enjoy your Valentine's Day with your loved ones!