Yoonyul First "Date"?

My Sister's Gift

Yuri POV

Seohyun was waiting for me when I arrived at the apartment the two of us shared. As usual, she had her nose buried in one of her many textbooks.

“Oh Yuri-unnie, welcome home!”

“Hey Seo, how was you’re day sweetie?”

Seohyun shrugged as she picked up her notebook, “Fine, nothing out of the ordinary. How was your day unnie?”

I giggled crazily like some crazy preteen and hugged Seohyun tightly, as she stared at my strange behavior.

“I HAVE A DATE!!!!!” I yelled and screamed in joy.

“Oh,” said Seohyun calmly going back to her studies, “is that all?”

“SEOHYUNNIE~” I whined. “This is very important for me~ I have a date with THE Im Yoona in like an hour!! OMO!!! What am I going to wear?!? Seo you NEED to help me!”

“Yuri-unnie, I have homework that I need to finish. You’re older than me; you’re capable of dressing yourself.”

“But Seohyunnie~ I may need your advice on stuff… I want to look nice for once!”

“You always look nice unnie,” said Seohyun nonchalantly as she took notes for her Communications class.

“Aish jinja Seo, your studies are more important than your sister?”

Seohyun gave me a mischievous smile, “Studies before love unnie~”

I pouted and rolled my eyes at my hopeless younger sister as I rushed off to my bedroom to get ready for the night.

After taking a nice shower to relax myself and to wash up from my long day at the daycare, I made sure to carefully dry my hair. At the same time, I fumbled in front of my closet to find something nice to wear. In the end I opted for the more comfortable leggings and sweater dress rather than the formal dress.

Yoona hadn’t specified where we would be eating…

I slightly curled by hair into waves, instead of my normal straight hair, and applied some light make-up. Seohyun walked into my room as I was finishing my hair.

“You look nice unnie, here” said Seohyun as she handed me a scarf and beanie to complete my outfit. “It’s cute and it’ll keep you warm tonight.”

“Thanks Hyunnie!”

“Oh and Yoona-ssi texted you a couple of minutes ago asking for our address, I hope you didn’t mind me answering her.”

I suddenly dropped the lipstick that I had been using.

“YOONA TEXTED?! Why didn’t you tell me Seo?!?!”

“Well, I thought you’d be busy getting ready, she said she’d be here in half an hour.”

“OMG SEO~ I’M TOTALLY NOT READY YET!!!”

“Calm down unnie, all you need to do is finish your make up. I packed your purse and your nice flats are waiting for you. You’re all set,” answered my calm younger sister.

“That’s not what I meant Seohyun! I’m not mentally prepared! OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO!”

Seohyun rolled her eyes at me as she walked over to door to leave my bedroom.

“Whether you’re ready or not, Yoona-ssi is coming in about 15 minutes. I suggest you be ready by then.”

Kyaaaaaaaa~ Someone pleaaaaaase kill me now!!!!!!

Yoona POV

I had left Minna at Sooyoung’s for the evening. Although Minna was a little upset at first, I know Soo will take good care of her. As I left Soo’s place, Minna was already laughing and playing with Soo. But I had told Soo to not hesitate to call me if Minna did have trouble though. I prayed that’d she’d be alright though; I didn’t want to disturb dinner with Yuri-ssi. I seriously owed her… And I hoped the night would go smoothly.

In case my fans would disturb us, I dressed in normal black jeans, a blouse, and a cardigan. I had also styled the outfit with my beanie and boots and not mention, tonight I wore my glasses to conceal my identity. Soo had told me I looked like a well-dressed nerd while Minna had told me I looked beautiful.

Honestly I had no idea who to believe.

She had texted me her address a couple of minutes ago, so here I was now driving through the streets of Korea, trying to find her apartment. It was a modest neighborhood, a mere 15 minutes from the city where I lived. The homes that lined the streets all seemed inviting and homey.

At 6:55 I finally located her building. Carefully parking, I sat in the car for a little while to calm my nerves.

Geez Im Yoona, why are you so nervous?? You’re going on a dinner with Minna’s teacher… A colleague… a FRIEND… this isn’t a date or something. There’s nothing for you to be nervous about. Breathe Yoona, you don’t want to let Yuri down right? You owe her a favor. Come on Yoon! Pluck up your courage…

With the self-pep talk done, I got out of the car and buzzed the right bell to her apartment.

Hello?

U-ummm I’m here to pick Yuri-ssi up…

Oh! You must be Yoona-ssi, please wait a moment I’ll buzz you up.

The door buzzed and I was let in.

Yuri lived on the second floor, room 2E. Once finding the right room, I knocked on the door.

It opened quickly, revealing a cute young lady who seemed to be younger then Yuri. As she let me in, I realized that she looked familiar…

“Annyeonghaseyo Yoona-ssi, my name is Kwon Seohyun. I’m Yuri-unnie’s younger sister.” said the girl.

“It’s very nice to meet you Seohyun-ssi,” I said politely while giving her a slight bow.

Where had I seen her before?

“Forgive Yuri-unnie, she’s still getting ready,” said Seohyun slightly frowning.

“That’s fine. I’m actually a little bit early so…

“Oh Yoona-ssi, you’re here already,” said a recognizable voice from behind me.

It was Yuri and she looked beautiful.

Omo… Yuri looks so gorgeous! Much prettier then in the daycare uniform~

“I’m sorry,” said Yuri. “I made you wait didn’t I?”

I gave her smile, “It’s no problem, I just got here. Should we get going?”

Yuri nodded and followed me to the door.

“It was nice meeting you Seohyun-ssi.”

Seohyun smiled at me, “The pleasure was mine Yoona-ssi. Take care of my unnie please; she can be a bit wild.”

“SEO~” whined Yuri.

Seohyun and I laughed as Yuri pouted and stomped out the door.

“Bye Yuri-unnie! Don’t come home too late~” called out Seohyun as I closed the door behind us.

*In the car*

No One POV

“Yoona-ssi, how many cars do you have?” asked Yuri as she buckled herself into Yoona’s silver Lexus. It was different from the white Audi that she had seen Yoona in this afternoon.

Yoona merely chuckled, “I have plenty of cars, but I only actually own one. This one’s lent to me by my manager. I only use it when I go out in public and don’t want people to notice who I am.”

“Oh I see, which one do you actually own?”

Yoona giggled, “The one you ran into, my black 2013 sport back Audi A7. I actually just had it imported from Europe the day before you ran into it.”

Yuri blushed deeply, “I’m so sorry. That was completely my fault… I-I ummm I-I-I’ll pay you back!”

“No offense Yuri-ssi,” laughed Yoona, “but I don’t think you’ll be able to afford it. Besides I had a warranty on it so they’re going to send me new one. It’s coming in this weekend.”

“Besides,” Yoona continued, “I already said it was okay.”

Yuri was still blushing and she stared out the window. Yoona, not minding the silence, continued to drive.

“Ummm Yoona-ssi,” said Yuri as she broke the silence, “I was wondering…”

“Yes?”

“I was wondering if you would stop calling me Yuri-ssi… it makes me feel really old and it’s a bit awkward…”

Now it was Yoona’s turn to blush this time. Yoona rarely called people informally. It had taken her years to finally drop unnie off of her best friend Sooyoung’s name.

“Ummm,” said Yoona. “How should I address you then?”

“Just call me Yuri.”

“B-b-but you’re older than I am.”

Yuri cocked an eyebrow, “I am? How old are you again?”

“21.”

Yuri whistled, “Wow, that’s right you’re still young. You’re only a year older then my sister… You can call me Yuri-unnie if that’s more comfortable for you.”

“Y-Y-Yuri-unnie?”

Yuri smiled brightly, “Exactly, that’s perfect. Now it doesn’t sound awkward and I don’t feel uncomfortable.”

“Then please call me Yoona then.”

Yuri nodded, “So ummm… Yoona, where are we going?”

“Well…” said Yoona as she pulled into a parking lot. Yuri looked closely out of the window and noticed that they were at a park.

“I know I said I would treat you to dinner but well… I’m a celebrity… so going out to dinner isn’t a simple task… I didn’t want the paparazzi to bother you. T-t-that’s why… umm well I thought a picnic would be better…”

Yoona blushed bright red and looked to the floor of her car as she finished her sentence.

Yuri just smiled at her kindness. She gently touched Yoona’s hand and made the doe-eyed woman look at her.

“I’d love a picnic tonight.”

Yoona’s eyes instantly lit up.

“Then let’s go!” said Yoona as she opened the car door.

It was evening by now and the sun had just begun to set. The skies were streaked with pink and purple, which painted a beautiful scenery for the couple. The park was particularly empty as the children had already gone home. As the two walked down the path, they only encountered an elderly couple who smiled happily at the two women.

As they continued to walk, Yuri finally plucked up the courage to grab Yoona’s hand in hers. She intertwined their fingers as Yoona flushed a bright pink. Yuri giggled at the younger’s shyness and continued to walk.

The two didn’t talk but it wasn’t an awkward silence that settled around them. It was a nice comforting silence as the two admired the nice view of the park around them. As they kept on walking, they came upon a vendor selling balloons that who was closing up for the day. Yoona hurriedly rushed over and bought two balloons.

She timidly handed one to Yuri and kept the other for Minna. Yuri smiled widely and walked over to another vendor who was also closing up for the day. She conversed with the vendor for a while, until finally returning with a small bouquet of white lilies.

Yoona’s eyes widened at the sight of the familiar lilies.

“How did you know that white lilies were my favorite?” asked Yoona in awe as she breathed in the aroma of the lilies.

“I’m not called your fan for nothing, you know,” said Yuri winking.

The two entwined their hands together and kept walking.

Yuri POV

Seriously, I was falling head over heels for Yoona. She was so cute and sweet. I mean a picnic was already lovable in the first place but then she had to stop my heart with the balloon! It was so adorable~ none of my past dates did anything that romantic! And oh~ the look on her face when I got the bouquet of lilies… ^^

We had found a nice spot on top of a hill, looking over a beautiful lake. Yoona laid down the picnic blanket as I started to take out the food. There was a well prepared salad, three types of bite-sized sandwiches, some pasta, a thermos of soup, and a beautiful cake for desert.

Yoona handed me a plate filled with a little bit of every kind of food that had been prepared. I picked up a fork and started with the pasta as Yoona watched me with a worried expression.

She bit her lip as she waited for me to take a bite.

Omo this is delicious~

“WOW! This is really good! Where did you buy this?”

Yoona reddened. “I actually made it.”

My eyes grew wide.

Okay now I’m a huge fan of Yoona but I never knew she could cook too!
WOW! A gorgeous model, a talented actress, a best-selling author, an awesome cook, a loving mother… On top of that she’s just a really kind and polite individual, a beautiful heart to match her beautiful appearance. She’s got everything made for her. Im Yoona really is the definition of perfect… So what am I doing on a date with her???

“Yuri-unnie, are you alright? Does the food not taste good?”

“Aniyo! Not at all, it’s delicious! It’s just that…”

Yoona looked at me with a panicked expression, “Just that what? Is something wrong? What did I do? Can I do something to help? Are you alright?”

I lightly tapped her hand again to calm her down.

“It’s just that… well you’re an idol. You’re perfect in everything you do. It makes me feel unaccomplished.”

I pouted and looked to the ground.

Yoona laughed dryly and I looked up to face her.

She smiled bitterly, “Perfect huh?”

Her face immediately changed from the bright expression she had before to a dark one. Her eyes started to swim slowly with tears as her knuckles turned white.

I put my plate down to face Yoona.

“Yoona? Did I say something to offend you?”

Yoona quickly wiped her tears and instantly hid her emotions.

“It’s nothing Yuri-unnie.”

But I could tell from her now uncomfortable expression that she was lying. There definitely was something she was hiding.

I felt guilty for making Yoona sad so I softly touched her shoulder.

“Yoona-ah… can you please tell me what’s bothering you. I want to help.”

Yoona looked away from, staring off into the distance.

“You think I have a perfect life…” she whispered.

“Everyone out there sees me as the perfect Im Yoona. The fabulous young author turned celebrity; they know nothing of what I had to sacrifice… How hard it is…”

I looked at Yoona carefully and noticed that she had tears freely flowing down her beautiful face.

Oh geez… I just made my idol and crush, Im Yoona, cry. Great job Kwon! Now what are you going to do…

“Yoona-ah… please tell me? What is that no one knows? Why was it so hard?”

Her sorrowful brown doe-eyes looked into mine.

“I had to give up the one thing in my life that made me happy… In exchange, I got a successful lonely career and everyone else was satisfied.”

“What do you mean Yoona?”

“I had to give up my own happiness for Hyoyeon-unnie’s…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello to my readers and subscribers! I’m sorry this update took so long… I planned to have it up by this afternoon but it ended up getting too long so I had to divide it into two different chapters…
On the other hand, the next update will come very soon! ^^
Thank you so much for supporting this fan fiction! And please don’t forget to comment! It means a lot to get feedback from my readers! :)