The Dark Knight

My Sister's Gift

Yuri POV

I seriously had no idea where I was going.

Heck I didn't even have an idea of what I was doing...

Everything was happening to fast for me to process. First Minna gone... then Yoona in the hospital... and then now Yoona was gone.

I was tired from all the tears I had shed and the pain I felt. Yoona was mine. I love her and Minna; I would do anything to get her back...

That's why ever since Sooyoung had said that Yoona was gone, I was on a rampage. Before my mind could even register what my body was doing, I was in my car racing towards an unknown destination.

I let my body take over as I tried to process what had happened and come to terms of what I had to do...

Yoona-ah... why do you do this to yourself??

Why do you think it's alright to face all that pain by yourself???

I'm here for you now. You know that... Why do you have to do everything by yourself???

Am I just not strong enough for you to rely on me? What can I do to make you realize that I want to be your support????

I love you so much... Yet why do you hurt me so much by not trusting me...

Aren't I enough for you?

The car came to a stop and I saw that I was at K-Entertainment studios. Tiffany had shown it to me once when we drove past. Looking at the parking lot, I saw a familiar black Audi.

It was Yoona's...

I raced out of the car and headed towards the large building.

Hold on Yoona...

Minna-ah please wait for me.

I'm coming to rescue you and your umma.

Dad... wherever you are... give me the strength to save the people I love.

Yoona POV

He had me seated in a large intimidating chair as he strapped my arm into place on top of the arm rest. He then continued to buckle the straps that trapped me onto the chair.

"It'll be painful Miss Im that's for sure. Those restraints are meant to keep you from getting harmed, as your body will try to reject the chemical."

I didn't respond to what he was saying as I kept my eyes on my niece.

She whimpered a little as the sleeping drugs were beginning to wear off. Her eyelashes started to flutter.

"Get on with it Kim. Before Minna wakes up."

Mr. Kim clicked his tongue at me, "Patience Yoona... the chemical takes a while to inject. But given at least 20 minutes it will flow within your system and you will feel nothing."

He took out the needle and slowly pushed down on the plunger.

It was a pain that I couldn't describe.

Every single cell in my body tried to reject the chemical being introduced into my system.

I began to loose consciousness immediately as the pain was too much.

For some reason my mind wandered through an old memory...

*Yoona's flashback*

It had been just a month since Yoona's parents had passed away. Hyoyeon and Yoona had been placed in a girl’s home so they would be able to remain together.

Their remaining family were all overseas and it was stated in their parents' will that they wanted their daughters to have nothing to do with their distant relatives.

Today was like any other day they spent at the home.

There were chores to be done, school to go to, and the loneliness was evident in Yoona's life. She missed the love and warmth she had received from her parents when they were alive. Being so young, yet still innocent, the small doe-eyed girl was a subject to some of the bullies at the home. Usually Hyoyeon would be there to protect the younger girl. But she had begun to participate on a dance team at her school. This meant that Yoona was to go home by herself and face the bullies’ torments alone. A typical afternoon and the group of five older girls had pushed Yoona to the ground and thrown small pebbles at the younger girl.

But today they had taken her beloved stuffed rabbit and thrown it in the mud. Yoona's face streamed with tears and she ran off so she could find a place where she could suffer alone. Hyoyeon was in search for her younger sister as she had arrived early back from school. She knew that Yoona spent most of her time with the younger children, playing or by herself. The doe-eyed girl was shy and sweet, a perfect target for people's torment. Therefore Hyoyeon worried for her constantly. When she had questioned all the younger girls as to where Yoona had gone the older sister began to get worried. No one knew where Yoona was.

Hyoyeon ran around the home until she bumped into a group of girls who were snickering and heading their way back to the home. Curious, the older girl followed the direction from where the group of girls had come from. She found her sister's beloved stuffed rabbit in the mud and she quickly retrieved it. Hyoyeon listened carefully and soon heard the familiar sobs of her younger sister. She ran towards the sound and found Yoona hugging her knees in a small shed behind the home.

"Yoona! Why are you in here all alone??? What happened???"

Hyoyeon quickly embraced the small girl as Yoona erupted into a fit of sobs.

"Was it that group of girls Yoong? Are they still bothering you??"

Yoona nodded into Hyoyeon's shoulder and the older girl clenched her fists in anger.

"Why didn't you tell me anything Yoong?"

"I-I-I didn't w-w-w-want to w-w-worry y-y-y-you..."

Hyoyeon huffed in frustration, "Yoona-ah why do you think you'll be a burden to me if you tell me your worries... I'm your unnie and I love you. If something is bothering you or your hurting I want to help you."

Yoona continued to cry so Hyoyeon had no choice but to piggy back her younger sister back to the home. The older sister made sure the stuffed rabbit was washed thoroughly. She then had Yoona play with the other children as she dealt with the group of girls that were bothering Yoona. The small doe-eyed girl had no idea where Hyoyeon had gone to but when her older sister did come back, she was covered with small cuts but had a huge grin on her face.

The next day both Yoona and Hyoyeon were called to the office, where the main coordinator of the home worked. Yoona was surprised to see the group of girls who bullied her so frequently all bruised up quite badly. They flinched when they spotted Hyoyeon, while the older girl smirked at them.

"Hyoyeon-ah these girls have told me you beat them up. That's against the rules you know that."

Yoona's eyes grew wide.

"Ma'am I realize that it was wrong to beat them up but they were bullying my younger sister. I couldn't let that happen."

"Is that true Yoona? Have you been bullied by them?"

Yoona merely nodded, afraid to speak up.

The older woman shook her head.

"Next time Hyoyeon please come to me and they will be punished properly. As for now all six of you are not allowed to leave your rooms unless it's for school and chores for 3 days. Hyoyeon that means no dance team after school as well. Please reflect on what you have done..."

The seven girls silently nodded and filed out of the room. Yoona held Hyoyeon's hand and began to cry again. The older sister was shocked and stopped in her tracks to comfort the younger one.

"Aigo~ what's wrong Yoongie??? Are you hurt?"

"Why did you do that unnie~?" sniffled Yoona.

"Do what?"

"You got in trouble because of me..."

Hyoyeon chuckled, "Yoona-ah you shouldn't cry... any amount of punishment is worth it if I can protect my baby sister..."

Hyoyeon gave Yoona a small kiss on the forehead.

"Come on Yoongie; let's go see if your rabbit's all cleaned!"

*End of Yoona's flashback*

Yuri POV

I ran into the only source of light which happened to be a studio.

What I was met with was my worst nightmare. Minna was bound up, seemingly asleep. Yoona was bound in a chair knocked out, while a man was injecting something into her that was slowly making her turn purple. Yoona's body flailed around, convulsing as the man continued to inject the strange looking chemical.

My instincts took over me as I nailed the guy in the gut, making him groan in pain as he clutched onto his groin. The syringe shattered from the impact of the man falling.

He eyed me with fire evident in his eyes.

"Who are you supposed to be?" he asked.

"I can ask you the same thing bastard. WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO YOONA??!!!"

The man got up, "You've ruined my plans... I WILL MAKE YOU PAY!!!"

He got out a pocket knife and started to approach me with it.

Now let me just tell you that I have no martial arts experience. Heck the worst I've had to do was to tear apart a pair of fighting 4-year-old twins. I had no idea how to defend or fight back. I merely let my instincts take over as he attacked.

The first swipe of the knife, I barely dodged and was able to land another kick to his groin.

He growled in pain and swung again. This time he was able to leave a long gash down my cheek, pissing me off excessively.

I don't know how I was able to disarm him. All I do know is that the knife fell to the ground with a large clatter and soon I was pounding the living daylights out of him. He screamed and yelped in pain as I landed blow after blow on every inch of skin that I came in contact with.

Soon he was on the ground, whimpering in a large pool of blood.

There was a commotion behind me and I saw that it was a group of cops and paramedics.

They went to Minna first as I ran over to Yoona.

I managed to untie the bonds as her limp body slumped to the ground. She flinched as I touched her and her eyes flew open.

"Yoona-ah... are you alright?"

"Y-Y-Yuri... you came..." she managed to whisper before knocking out cold.

As the medics attended Minna, I realized that something was wrong with Yoona. I could barely feel a pulse and she was burning up. She then began to cough up what appeared to be a white substance mixed with blood.

"SOMEONE HELP HER NOW!!"

The medics at the scene noticed Yoona and quickly got her on a stretcher sprinting towards the waiting ambulance.

"Y-Y-Yuri-seonsaengnim..." a small voice called.

I turned around to face a familiar pair of brown eyes. Minna's eyelashes fluttered as she began to wake up. One of the paramedics was holding Minna and allowing her to breathe with the help of an oxygen tank. She smiled weakly as I walked over to her.

"Minna-ah... you're awake..."

"She was knocked out with some sleeping drugs. She'll be alright but to make sure we're going to bring her to hospital," said one of the medics.

"I'll come too. Am I allowed to carry her?"

They nodded in agreement as I picked Minna up. She snuggled cutely into the crook of my neck and wrapped her small arms around me.

"Thank you for saving me seonsaengnim..."

I planted a gently kiss on her head.

"You're safe now Minna-ah... Get some sleep."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiffany POV

Michael Kim was arrested and pressed charges on both kidnapping, torturing, and abuse. Further investigations showed that Kim had no intentions of letting Minna go. He had devised a plan to poison the small girl as well as murdering Soo and Sica as well as myself. We pressed charges for attempted murder as well. Yuri also pressed charges against him as he had attacked her.

The police also found out that HyoHyuk's car accident was also caused by Mr. Kim. The car accident had killed both parties within the car. The remaining family of the victims charged Kim. He was officially a murderer. We had known him to be insane. But really... this was absolutely crazy.

He would be in jail for a very long time. His whole life and the next one if Jessie could help it. And believe me she'd be able to make it happen. It seems that Kim had been planning this for several years now and that the HyoHyuk couple's death was the spark to bring the fire to life. The police released all the information to the public and now K-Entertainment was done for. The company had disappeared over night.

The fans were of course outraged and it was hard controlling all the press and hoards of fans. They mobbed the outside of the jail where Kim was being held, holding protests. There were also many gifts and get-well cards from the fans and with so many of them that filled the hospital and streets, Sica had Yoona moved to a nearby more-private hospital secretly.

Yuri became a star overnight. The hero who saved the nation's treasure. Jessica finally approved of their relationship admitting that we would probably be all dead if it had not been for Yuri. She was the black pearl that tore apart Mr. Kim's plans. However Yuri was humble about the whole ordeal as all she wanted was Yoona back.

Minna was perfectly fine. After she had slept off the sleeping pills she was bouncing off the walls in no time. Yoona's fans had even sent almost every Rilakkuma product available. Life was good for a three-year-old. The doctors even proclaimed that there was no psychological damage. She had been asleep the whole entire time. The worst that could happen was that Minna would think it was terrible nightmare.

It had been three days since the incident but we were still wrapping things up. Jessica worked overtime as she double checked and triple checked that Kim was locked up for good. The only thing we had worry for besides that was Yoona...

She was still unconscious although it had been three days. The doctors were still trying to flush every trace of the chemical from within Yoona's body. But they had said it would take at least five days, if not even longer. For now the doe-eyed actress slept.

Sooyoung, Seohyun, Yuri, Sica, and I all took waiting for Yoona. Brighter Than Sunshine Daycare had been closed temporarily for investigations. Yuri never left Yoona's side. She lived in the same room as her. She ate and even slept there. The only time she ever left was when she had to use the restroom.

Taeyeon and Sunny took care of Minna and made sure to bring her over everyday so she could come visit Yoona. Minna was confused but she took the situation very well and made sure to draw many cards for her sleeping umma.

I looked at Yoona's peaceful sleeping face and sighed as I finished reminiscing what had happened. I held her hand and watched as Yoona merely continued to breathe with help of the oxygen mask that covered her face. Yuri was fast asleep, still holding Yoona's other hand.

I chuckled at the cuteness of YoonYul couple. Although they were both asleep they were still together. Finally.

Yoona-ah when are you going to open your eyes you sleepy head...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooohoooo~ Here's an update!

Hopefully ya'll will enjoy it! Please leave a comment down below!

Thank you all for supporting!

Oh and if anyone gets the pun of the title... well let me know ;)