A Change of Heart

My Sister's Gift

Tiffany POV

Jessica and I were in charge of drinks, so I made sure to pick up some wine after work had concluded. Sica had finally explained to me why she acted so rashly and protectively of Yoona.

I sighed recalling our conversation.

*Tifffany's flasback, which is actually Jessica’s Flashback*

I went to go visit Hyoyeon-ssi at the hospital as soon as the word of the accident reached my ears. Rushing to where Hyoyeon-ssi was being held, I let the last hour unravel itself inside my mind. There were too many thoughts that filled my head....

Upon reaching Hyoyeon’s room I noticed that Yoona was already there. The doe-eyed girl was sitting beside the hospital bed, with her head upon Hyoyeon’s arm and hands intertwined. Yoona was fast asleep, breathing deeply. Her face seemed peaceful but I could visibly see the long tracks of tears that continued to stream down her face even in sleep.

However the occupant of the bed was wide awake. She was Yoona’s hair lovingly and humming a soft and sweet lullaby. Hyoyeon stared at me as I walked into the room.

“I’m glad to see you here Miss Jung.”

“Look… I-I-I wanted to apologize for what happened… I failed as her manager. Please forgive me, fire me if you want to. I don’t care, just do something.”

I flinched, waiting for Hyoyeon’s retaliation.

“That won’t be necessary Miss Jung. You are more than needed to Yoona now. I just received word of Yoona’s new contract.”

She knew? She knows of the contract that Kim made her sign?

“Y-y-you heard?” I asked while stuttering.

I saw Hyoyeon sigh and tears started slowly fall down.

“I wasn’t positive, but when Yoona came in this evening with the look of shame mixed with guilt and sorrow, I assumed something happened. I was hoping I was wrong, but it seems as if I was correct.”

“I-I-I-I am sorry!” I cried, breaking down myself. “I-i-it was a-a-all my fault! When I a-r-r-r-rived at Kim’s o-o-o-office it was too late…”

“Please calm down Miss Jung and explain to me all the details of the contract.”

I spent the next hour explaining every single detail of the contract that Yoona was forced to sign, while Hyoyeon’s face turned darker and darker.

We were both met with silence as I finished talking.

“So you mean to tell me that Mr. Kim is taking away my baby sister away from her family?”

“Yes,” I whispered.

“Yoong-ah… why would you do that?? You silly deer…”

“I believe Yoona just wanted to protect you in her own way, sadly she decided this was the only way…”

Hyoyeon sighed again, still continuing to Yoona’s hair.

“Jessica, I understand that you’re still young and new this job, I really do. But Yoona is only 18, she’s even younger than you are… and now I can’t protect her. This industry is not a pretty one and now she has no one to support her. You and Tiffany are the only ones she can rely on now. Please protect my Yoong. Make sure no harm comes to her.”

“I-I-I understand. I promise that I will do all that I can do in my power to protect her.”

Hyoyeon smiled weakly, “And one more thing, please keep our conversation just now, a secret from Yoona. I know she’s going to try her best to keep the contract a secret from me. She blames herself for my accident you know… Please be there for my deer, because I can't be anymore...”

“I will, Hyoyeon-ssi.”

We continued to watch Yoona as she fell into deeper sleep. Her tears never ceased and she occasionally whimpered like a hurt puppy. Hyoyeon tried her best to comfort her younger sister while all I could do was watch.

“Do you know where the leak came from?” asked Hyoyeon.

There had been a leak to the fans of Yoona’s whereabouts, which had caused Hyoyeon’s accident.

“I don’t know but we’re trying our best to find it.”

Hyoyeon nodded understanding, “Sleep well my DeerYoong, unnie will always be there for you no matter what. I love you my sweet sister.”

*end of flashback*

I sighed, tears filling my eyes once again. Sica had often told me that Yoona had a rough time adjusting to the entertainment industry. She wasn’t cut out for all the stress that came with it.

Jessica had mentioned how much Yoona had suffered to build up the fame she had now and even then, she had sacrificed pretty much all the happiness she had in her life for a a career she didn’t want in the first place.

And this was why I was so ecstatic when Yoona told me she went to dinner with someone else AND enjoyed herself. Sadly, Jessie had not been as thrilled. I knew that Jessica wanted to grill this girl in order to make sure that she was absolutely “safe” for Yoona. I prayed and hoped this Kwon Yuri would meet and exceed our expectations…

“Fany-ah? Are you ready? Yoona said that Yuri will be here soon,” said a voice disrupting my thoughts.

I turned around to face my girlfriend. She looked both professional and gorgeous in a blouse which she matched with a y pencil skirt. To top it off, she was wearing heels and her hair was up, revealing her appealing neckline.

“Wow Jess… you look hot!” I exclaimed, being frank.

Jessica blushed deeply but gave me a small smile, “Thanks honey. You look beautiful tonight as well. Blue really suits you.”

Usually I loved to wear pink, but since I knew Jessica loved to see me in blue I had decided to wear a cobalt blue dress tonight.

I kissed her cheek. Jessica smiled at me and returned the favor. She took my arm and linked it to hers as we made our way to her living room. (Jessica had decided on dinner at her mansion…)

Sooyoung was already there, sitting on a couch wearing a scarlet dress that went all the way down to her mid-shin. She looked like a rose.

“Wow Soo!” exclaimed Jessica. “You look elegant!”

Sooyoung chuckled, “You should take a look at Yoona then.”

“Where is she?” I asked.

Sooyoung pointed to the large window where I spotted a stunning sight. Yoona was wearing a deep midnight blue strapless dress, which created a shocking but dazzling contrast against her milky skin.

She had braided her long dyed dark brown hair to one side, while stylishly curling her bangs into ringlets allowing them to loosely hang down her face. A silver hair pin that sparkled even in the dim light, held her hair together. Wearing silver heels to top off her outfit, the deer was definitely looking like a princess tonight.

“Yoona,” breathed Jessica beside me, “you look fantastic…”

“Oh my gosh Yoong! You’re striking tonight!! OMO~!” I exclaimed excitedly as I made my way over to her.

She smiled, “Thank you unnie! You look nice as well! And Sica-unnie, Yuri-unnie will be here in 5 minutes. Her sister is dropping her off.”

“W-w-wait… WHAT?!” exclaimed Sooyoung. “Seohyun is coming here???”

Yoona nodded, “I invited her to dinner too, but she declined. She apparently has a research paper that’s due in two days.”

Soo sighed in relief and at that moment the door bell rang. I looked at the clock in the hallway to see that Yuri was right on time.

I saw Yoona anxiously make her way to the door and opening it to reveal a slender, slightly tanned-skinned young woman. Her raven black hair shined straight down her back, going well with the strapless white dress she had chosen to wear for the evening.

I couldn’t help but notice how similar she was to Yoona. If I hadn’t known better the two of them could pass off as twins. The tan girl smiled genuinely at Yoona and I saw our deer melt…

That’s when I knew that this girl was something special…
We rarely saw the shy and sweet smile that was on Yoona’s face right now. I had only seen it when Yoona spent time with Hyoyeon. Right now, Yoona’s whole face was lit up animation and slight blush tinted her cheeks as she cheerfully greeted Yuri.

“Sica-baby,” I whispered, “look at those two, it’s clear that they’re in love…”

Jessica didn’t respond to my statement. She had her ice-princess posture as she stared cold daggers into the girl.

“Soo, this is Kwon Yuri. Yuri-unnie this is my best friend, Choi Sooyoung,” introduced Yoona.

“Hey there, call me Soo for short!”

“It’s nice to meet you Sooyoung-ssi.”

Yoona made her way over to Jessica and me, while gently guiding Yuri.

“These two are my manager and publicist, Tiffany Hwang and Jessica Jung. Unnies, this is Kwon Yuri.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet your Tiffany-ssi.”

I flashed my eye-smile, “Just call me Tiffany or Fany, Yuri-ah! It’s great to finally meet you!”

“Jessica Jung,” said Jessica coldly and held out her hand. “Call me Jessica.”

Yuri took Jessica’s hand, “Nice to meet you Jessica-ssi.”

Yoona looked at Jessica pleadingly, as if asking her to not treat Yuri with such coldness. I gently squeezed Jess’s hand and I saw her let out a sigh.

“Soo,” called Jessica, “can you please take Tiffany and Yoona to the dining room to make sure dinner is set up, I would like to have a private word with Miss Kwon for a moment.”

Yoona looked at Jessica nervously and then flashed her eyes back at Yuri. I could see the look of alarm on Yuri’s face, but I sent her a small smile to reassure her.

“Alright Jess,” said Soo, “we’ll be waiting in the dining room.”

I kissed Jessica on the cheek, “Be nice to her Sica…”

Yoona was the last one to leave the room as she worriedly looked at Yuri and Jessica together…

Jessica POV

I had to admit she was beautiful. So that was one item off the list. Kwon Yuri’s looks didn’t rival that of Yoona’s but they complimented each other well. I could also cross of another item as she was quite polite.

But now would be the real challenge and test…
Yuri flinched slightly as I narrowed my eyes at her, carefully studying her.

“So Miss Kwon, welcome to my humble residence.”

“I-I-It’s a very nice house Miss Jung… and please call me Yuri.”

“Thank you… Yuri… please call me Jessica then.”

“What did you want to discuss Jessica-ssi?”

“Yoona. What do you exactly want with her?”

Yuri blushed upon hearing Yoona’s name.

“What do you mean by that Jessica-ssi?”

“She’s a top-rated model, a best-selling author, an acknowledged actress, a hardworking mother, and most importantly she is young and she still has the potential to grow. In other words, Yuri, Im Yoona is the definition of perfect. Many people want to use her to their advantage and I will not allow that to happen.”

“I think there’s been a misunderstanding Jessica-ssi. I’m Minna’s teacher and Yoona’s friends. That’s the extent of our relationship.”

“Yes for now it is... But I can tell from the way you look at Yoona that that’s not all that you want it to be. You want to take it another level correct?”

Yuri blushed scarlet.

I smirked, “I assumed just that. I can tell from the way you look at Yoona. But who can blame you for that right? She’s gorgeous… she’s the perfect bachelorette. I can understand why you would want her. But honestly, you just want her because of her profile and looks.”

“That isn’t true Jessica-ssi. I-I-I love Yoona for who she is not what she is.”

“And how can you, who have only known Yoona for a short amount of time, know just what type of person she is Yuri?”

Yuri looked to her feet, before quietly answering, “Perhaps I don’t know every aspect of her life…
No, I know barely anything about her personal life… But from the little that I do know, I can see that she is hurting and all I want to do is to ease that pain.”

“You’re a mere daycare teacher Yuri-ssi. How in the world will you manage that?” I scoffed.

“I don’t have a clear answer for that… What I do know is that I care for her.”

I raised an eyebrow, “You care for her? How can you care for a person that you’ve barely known? Isn’t this just pure lust you’re feeling for your idol Miss Kwon?”

Yuri was silent.

“I invited you here to warn you Miss Kwon. Yoona may seem perfect and that she lives a life that’s out of a fairy tell, but reality is that her life is harsh. She lives in a world where every single move and thought she makes is judged by the public. She does not have privacy. Everyone out there wants her and not always for good reasons. Yoona cannot have an ordinary life Yuri. She cannot freely be with even her own family, what makes you think she’ll make time for you? You will only end up getting hurt in this relationship. Worse yet, Yoona will end up getting hurt if she let’s you into her life.”

“She’s truly as innocent as a doe Miss Kwon. The extent of a relationship that she’s ever had was one dinner date with one male co-star and that was under my surveillance. Yoona has never been able to let her heart lead her. What makes you a possible chance for her to finally follow and open up her heart?”

We were silent for a moment.

“I understand your worries Jessica-ssi,” started Yuri. “I can clearly see now how protective you are of her and how much you love Yoona. But please understand me when I say this: I don’t expect her to make any exceptions for me. All I want is a chance to be with her and perhaps making the two of us happy. We both believe she deserves happiness Jessica-ssi. Please just give me a chance to make her happy.”

“A chance?” I asked curiously.

“Yes, one chance to let me make her happy. That’s all I need. If I fail or we both come to understand that I am not the source of that happiness, then that’s all I need to know that it’s not my place to stay or get involved.

Interesting… this girl would go this far to make Yoona happy? Well, well… she is the only prospect to have met my expectations to this point. Perhaps I’ve underestimated her…

“Alright then Yuri-ssi, I will allow for one chance. But it will be under one condition.”

Yuri looked up at me with a silly grin and hopeful eyes.

“You must prove to me that you’re worth this once chance, Kwon Yuri.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuri POV

I couldn’t concentrate on anything as I tried to process the conversation I had with Jessica. I knew perfectly well where she was coming from. They cared for Yoona and obviously I was a threat to them, a stranger to them all, trying to encroach myself into Yoona’s life.

Yoona looked at me worriedly as I entered the dining room, but I just smiled back weakly, letting her know I would be alright.

She really did look dazzling tonight in the midnight blue dress. It made me fall for her more… and yes I finally admitted to myself that I did start to love her.
But after Jessica’s lecture… well I started to doubt myself.

Are my feelings for Yoona purely lust for her? I mean she IS gorgeous… but is that the only reason why I like her???...
No, that’s not true… Yoona is not just good looking, she’s kind and charming and polite and so much more… I don’t only like her for her looks. Heck if I did, I’d just make myself a body-sized Yoona pillow... keke~
“You must prove to me that you’re worth this once chance, Kwon Yuri”
How am I supposed to prove it her? I mean do I even have a chance???
Yoona even admitted she has a crush on someone… someone else probably. Wouldn’t it be better to let her go then?... But then… wouldn’t I be going back on the promise I made with Jessica? Didn’t I say I want to make her happy?
Am I being a chicken just because I’m afraid to be rejected??? Kwon Yul, what do you truly feel about her you silly kkab???

“Hey Yuri,” said a voice disrupting me from my deep thoughts.

It was Sooyoung grinning widely at me.

“Yoona wants to eat outside since it’s a beautiful evening. She’s still in the kitchen adding some finishing touches to dinner and the Jeti couple had to take a phone call, so do you mind joining me in the garden?”

I smiled; liking Sooyoung’s easy going personality, “Sure!”

She led me to the garden where a table was already set up and handed me a glass of wine.

“So you talked to Sica huh?” asked Sooyoung as she took a sip of her wine.

“Yes I did…”

Sooyoung chuckled, “No need to look so down Yuri. Jessica does this with everyone and I mean EVERYONE that Yoona talks to. Actually I’m surprise you’re still here.”

“What do you mean by that Soo?”

“From the few people that Yoona has shown interest in, everyone ran back home after talking with Sica. We usually have dinner with only the four of us. This is the first time the guest is actually staying for dinner.”

My heart ached when Soo mentioned the few people, “You mean that Jessica-ssi has done this before with other people?”

Sooyoung nodded, “Yep, only three though. The first two left right after Jessica talked to them and the last one didn’t make it past the door.”

I giggled, “I’m glad that I’m not the only who was tempted to run.”

Sooyoung laughed, “Sica means well you know… She just has a very intense way of showing it.”

“I can see that…”

“What made you decide to stay Yuri?”

“I never thought to leave,” I answered honestly and Sooyoung gave me a puzzled look.

“This is going to sound strange and cheesy, but I really like Yoona. All I want is to see her happy, whether it’s with me or someone else, I honestly don’t care.”

“But you’d rather Yoona be happy with you right?” asked Sooyoung teasingly.

I blushed, “That would be ideal…”

Soo laughed, “I like you Yuri… You’re clear, straight forward, and easy to talk to. No wonder Yoona took a liking to you. I’ll cheer the two of you on alright?”

“Thanks Soo,” I said.

“What are you two chattering and laughing about?” asked Yoona as she came out of the house.

“Just telling her how many flaws the perfect Im Yoona has,” teased Sooyoung.

Yoona rolled her eyes, “Tiffany-unnie and Jessica-unnie are coming down and dinner will be ready in 5 minutes.”

“What’s for dinner?” I ask.

“Hope you like steak and potatoes Yuri,” responded Sooyoung.

“I love it!”

“Great,” exclaimed Sooyoung, “Yoona marinated it herself and I made the dressing for the salad. Yoona also made dessert for us.”

“I didn’t know you could cook so well Yoona,” I said.

“Well of course she can,” said a voice from behind me. It was Tiffany.

“She majored in culinary arts and sorry it took us so long.”

“Dinner will be ready in 5 minutes unnie, where’s Sica-unnie?”

“She’s coming; she had to change her shoes.”

“Well why don’t we sit down then?” suggested Soo.

Yoona pulled out a chair for me, smiling shyly and sat down next me as soon as I was seated.

“Awww look at them Tiff! They’re already acting like a couple! How cute!” cooed Sooyoung.

Yoona’s faced turned so red that it was no different from Sooyoung’s dress. I just manage to cover my embarrassment with a giggle…

Omo Yoona… you’re so cute!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, Yoona offered to take me home as she needed to pick up Minna from a friend’s house.

The atmosphere in the car was absolutely awkward and thick as we had spent the last few hours getting teased mercilessly by Tiffany and Sooyoung. (Jessica had been quiet for most of the time).

“Ummm... Yuri-unnie?”

“Y-yeah?”

“I just wanted to apologize for Soo and Fany-unnie’s behavior. They love to make fun of me.”

I chuckled, “I don’t mind. I can see they care a lot about you.”

We drove for several more minutes in silence until we arrived at my apartment. She got out of the car and walked me to my door.

“Thank you for coming out tonight Yuri-unnie. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Thank you for the great dinner! And yes I’ll see you tomorrow!”

Yoona turned to walk away, when suddenly my body moved in its own accord and I grabbed her arm, stopping her from walking away.

“W-w-wait Yoona, I have to tell you something…”

Yoona looked at me puzzled.

It’s now or nothing Kwon Yuri, take a deep breath Yul! Kkab Yul hwaiting!

“Y-Y-Yoona… I need to tell y-y-y-you something.”

“Yes Yuri-unnie?”

“I-I-I… I know this is going to sound strange since we’ve only known each other for a few weeks. But honestly I don’t think I can keep it a secret anymore…”

“Is something wrong unnie? Are you not feeling well?” asked Yoona panicked.

“Aniyo! I’m fine… I just need to tell you something… Something important…”

“I’m listening unnie.”

“I know that you know that I’m a huge fan of yours but I’m swear to you I’m not acting on pure lust… Yoona-ah I really care about you… and after that night in the park, all I want to see is you happy. I want to make you happy Yoona…”

“I love you, Im Yoona.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my readers! Hopefully you liked this recent update ;)
Please leave a comment below to tell me what you think xD I love getting all your comments and I try to respond to every single one! And thank you all for reading and subscribing! (I have 92 subscribers now O.O *bows in thanks to all my readers*)

Have a great night everyone!