Am I Falling for You?

My Sister's Gift

Yoona POV

It was late evening and the sun had just begun to set.

Soo had left for home eagerly after I had endlessly about Seohyun and Minna had worn her out by her continuous begging of buying her different toys and snacks. I think she emptied her wallet in a day.

As for the said girl, Minna herself, she was peacefully sleeping in her car seat, exhausted from the day's events.

We had not only gone to the white lily field, but we had also gone to the aquarium, the street market, and not to mention to a high class buffet that had just opened the other day.

She had squealed happily when she got to see "Nemo" at the aquarium. All the old ladies at the street market gave her extra food for being cute (well, they only cut down the price when they saw me, but still it was nice to get extra food.) My niece had also eaten herself silly at the buffet, surprising both the people around us and Soo...

I could barely keep my eyes open as I entered my apartment building with Minna in one arm and the other laden with all the gifts that Soo had bought her that day. Minna had convinced Soo to buy her several stuffed animals (which included a new Rilakkuma), a few picture books, and not to mention the large amount of snacks and candy.

I’m going to have to put away all these snacks and candy… I don’t want her to get cavities or anything…

The security guards greeted me as I handed them my ID.

"Miss Im, good evening to you. You have a package waiting for you at the front desk."

It wasn't unusual for my fans to leave me gifts. Although this was a private building, that didn't mean that the public did not know where I lived. Most of the time I had several packages that awaited for my return. This one time, I got a full 12 meal course. It was delicious!

I approached the familiar front desk and smiled at the guard who was working there.

"I heard there was a package for me today?"

The guard at the front desk handed me the small package and a bouquet of white lilies, "As always Miss Im."

I was pleasantly surprised by the white lilies as most of my fans did not remember my particular fondness for them...

"Who was this sent by?" I asked politely.

The guard shrugged, "I wouldn't know Miss Im. The package came during one of the other worker's shift."

"Oh, I see. Thank you for your help."

The guard called for another young man to help carry the bags as I shifted Minna more comfortably in my arms. Minna whined cutely in her sleep as she continued to doze off in dream land, smiling slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After putting Minna in bed and making sure she was absolutely comfortable, I made my way to the living room where the pile of Soo’s gifts awaited to be sorted. I put away all the snacks and candy first so Minna wouldn’t be tempted. But as I looked through the large quantity of toys and picture books, it reminded me that I had yet to design Minna’s room to her liking.

Her room had originally been one of the two guest rooms that I owned. The other one was used often by Soo and it pretty much her room. The one that Minna chose was pretty plain and until Minna had begun to sleep there, it was rarely used. The bed was new and child-sized though, since I had Tiffany-unnie go out and buy it the other day.

I should go pick up all of Minna’s things from Sica's place and it's high time I called the designer again. My place could use another touch up in the decor department...

Nicole-unnie had mailed all of Minna’s belongings the other day and they were waiting at Sica-unnie’s place. I decided to rest first and have some alone time.

I groaned as I threw myself on the couch and closed my eyes, exhausted from the long day with my hyperactive niece. I didn't know kids could be this active...

I sighed and rolled to my side as I now faced the small package that was on the coffee table. It was nicely wrapped and there was a small note attached to it.

Unable to contain my curiosity, I tore the small note off and carefully opened the envelope.

I almost dropped it in shock when I realized that it was from Yuri

Hello Yoona!
Hehe surprise? ^^
I hope you’re pleasantly surprised though… It took me quite an amount of nerve and courage to write this note and buy this present (by the way the smaller one is for Minna). I guess the first thing is that I wanted to thank you for the dinner couple of nights ago. I really did have a good time. It was the first time that someone treated me that specially. I enjoyed it a lot.
I guess it did help though that I’m a big fan of yours keke~
Anyway the main reason why I’m doing this so out of the blue is that, well, this is more of a confrontation…
I know you’ve been ignoring me Yoona… Why? Did I do something to offend you?
I really enjoyed my time with you. So if I made you feel uncomfortable I want to make sure that I apologize to you.
I’m really sorry.

Will you forgive me?
It’s kind of strange really, I’ve only known you for a short time yet I can’t seem to get you out of my head…
I know it sounds crazy, but it’s the truth.
Anyway I hope you’re willing to talk to me again.
Maybe I can treat you to dinner this time?

From Your Biggest and Apologetic Fan,
Kwon Yuri

I’m pretty sure I read the note more than ten times. I kept re-reading her apology and “I’ve only known you for a short time yet I can’t seem to get you out of my head…”

My heart was racing at her words and my face was flushed bright red. With shaky hands, I carefully unwrapped the package and squealed with delight at the present.

It was two Rilakkuma soft toys. One of them, which I assumed was Minna’s since it was the smaller of the two, was the original bear. While the other one was wearing a cute deer costume, there was another note attached.

The first time I saw your pictures inside the cover of your best-selling novels, your round eyes reminded me so much of a deer’s. - Yuri <3

*sigh* Im Yoona, what are you doing to this poor girl by ignoring her and making her feel bad… She even sent you this present as a peace-offering. You have to talk to her Yoona! You’re THE Im Yoona; you have a name to live up to. You can’t disappoint a loyal fan and not to mention a friend.

Wait… we we’re considered friends now right? I mean I did take her out for dinner. Or does taking her out to dinner make her my girlfriend…

WHOAH! Hold on a sec… let’s put the brakes on now. You’ve only known her for a few weeks Yoon. She is no where close to being your girlfriend. Although she’s gorgeous… ^^

YAH IM YOONA! Back to the subject on hand, you need to apologize to Yuri. Now!

I quickly showered and redressed into more comfortable clothes and made sure to take Minna with me. She was groggy since I had woken her up but she instantly brightened when I handed her the Rilakkuma from Yuri.

After grabbing my car keys, we were own our way.

Kwon Yuri, you make the Im Yoona do irrational things…

Yuri POV

Seohyunnie was surprising not at home tonight, as she said that she had a “date”. She wouldn’t tell me who that person was but she promised to introduce her later.

So I was left alone for the evening.

I was sprawled out on my couch with the TV on being a lazy bum. I was snuggling into my Mickey Mouse blanket, wearing my worn sweats and sweatshirt, watching all of Yoona’s movies (which I can quote my heart!), and mostly stuffing my face with junk food.

The third film was just about to begin when the bell buzzed...

I groaned and got up slowly from the couch and walked over to the intercom

It was probably Seohyun who forgot her keys…

I pressed the button to let her up and sat back down.

Oh Im Yoona you are absolutely gorgeous!! Why are you so perfect?!?! >///<

As I was starting the movie once again, this time there was a knock on the door.

Really Seohyunnie?! You’re disrupting my time of crazy fan girl-ing of Yoona here! Geez!

I violently opened the door to be met with shock.

Yoona stood in my doorway. Her hair was tied up and she was wearing a casual cardigan over her t-shirt and jeans.

She was looking at the ground, blushing, while holding the Rilakkuma I had sent her.

“Yoona…” I breathed. “You got my gift?”

She nodded and her doe eyes stared into mine, “I-I-I read your note… a-a-a-and I came here to apologize…”

I looked at her confused, while she heaved in a deep breath and continued.

"You apologized to me when you did nothing wrong," said Yoona and she looked at her feet. "I had a good time at dinner too."

"The only reason," continued Yoona, "why I ignored you was because..."

She shuffled her feet and turned a brighter shade of red, "I was embarrassed that you saw my weak side..."

"No one besides my family and close friends have seen me break down like that," she whispered. "I felt embarrassed that I allowed a fan to see..."

She shifted her eyes to look at me, "Will you forgive me?"

I had to laugh; I mean here was my idol and crush, too adorable to resist because of her embarrassment, apologizing to me.

"Yoona-ah," I said coaxing her to look at me, "you don't need to apologize. Everyone's human. Even as an idol, you're bound to have emotions."

"Besides," I added, "seeing you so vulnerable made me happy knowing that you weren't a perfect person after all."

Yoona looked at me with curiosity, "What do you mean?"

I smiled widely and took her hands in mine.

"Im Yoona, the press has always portrayed you as a flawless woman. For the public it almost seems like you aren't human, a world above us. It made me unable to picture you as another person, a girl like me... So I'm glad I get to see the other sides of Im Yoona. The cold idol personality to the normal young lady you are, I'm a fan of yours in every aspect Im Yoona."

Yoona's eyes were brimmed with tears as she smiled at my comment, "Thank you Yuri-ssi."

I clicked my tongue at her in disappointment, "I told you to not call me Yuri-ssi, and it makes me sound old. Call me Yuri-unnie."

"O-o-o-oh... I forgot. I'm sorry, Y-Y-Yuri-unnie."

I playfully pinched her nose as she stared at me in surprise.

"That's your punishment Im Yoona and you owe me, that bear was hard to find."

Yoona hugged the Rilakkuma tightly.

"Keke~ it seems as if the tabloids got one thing right, Im Yoona loves Rilakkuma,” teased Yuri.

Yoona blushed again and then shuffled into her bag for something.

“I wasn’t sure what you liked, but this seemed cute.”

She handed me a small keychain, which surprisingly turned out to be Mickey Mouse themed.

“Omg it’s Mickey Mouse! How did you know?! I LOVE it!”

Yoona laughed, “Hahaha~ I’m glad you like it!”

“Thank you Yoona, I absolutely love it! Thank you, thank you!”

“You’re welcome Yuri-unnie,” said Yoona as she flashed her charming smile at me, making my heart flutter.

Yoona-ah~ what are you doing to me?

We were silent as we stood in the doorway staring at each other. It was Yoona though that broke the silence.

"Um Yuri-unnie, I don't mean to be rude but... is that me on your tv screen?"

I turned around to see that I forgot to stop the movie that had been playing before I opened the door...

Oh GEEZ Kwon Yuri...

HOW EMBARASSING!
 

~~~~~~~~~~`

Tiffany POV

Yoona had come over with Minna to pick up all of Minna’s things that Nicole-ssi had sent to Jessie’s place.

I was obviously there, arguing with Sica about who would make dinner.

Thank god Yoona came though; I didn’t want to burn the kitchen again…
Sica convinced her to make us some dinner as we loaded her car and promised to help her unload it all at her apartment.

I had finished loading the last box and walked into the living room to find an absolutely adorable sight.

My Sica was sitting on the ground, awkwardly. She had a stuffed rabbit in her hand and was making it dance. Minna sat on Sica’s lap smiling happily.

I quietly slipped into the living room to watch the two interact.

Minna ran over to the small pile of toys that we still did not have time to pack up. She carried over a toy piano and placed in front of Jessica. Minna knelt down in front of Sica and looked at her hopefully with her cute brown doe-eyes. I could visibly see Sica gulp nervously as she looked down at the piano.

“Play a song for me unnie~” whined Minna cutely.

I could visibly see Jessica struggling with her pride and making Minna happy.

“Minna-ah~” I said breaking the tension that started to build.

“Let’s go see if your umma finished dinner, shall we?”

“YES! YES! YES!” shouted Minna in glee as she dashed toward the kitchen.

“Oh my gosh, perfect timing Fany-ah!” said Jessica as she got up from the floor.

I held her hand and we walked to the kitchen together.

Yoona was still busy with cooking our dinner. She was chopping vegetables for what I assumed was a salad. Minna sat at one of the stools in the kitchen watching her mother intently.

“Oh hi unnies!” greeted Yoona.

“Dinner will be ready in a minute. Can you guys set the table?”

“Sure,” I said as I walked toward the plates.

Yoona finished the salad and went over to Minna, “And you little miss, can help Sica-unnie and Fany-unnie with setting the table. Kay?”

Minna nodded seriously and rushed over to the dining room table to set up the silverware. I guided her small hands to place the fork and knife in the right position. Jessica got out the glasses and started to pour water. Yoona came out seconds later with a salad and lasagna. I squealed in delight as we hadn’t had American food in a while.

“Omo Yoong~ it looks so yummy!”

"Yoona that looks great!"

"Umma is the best cook~!"

Yoona grinned smugly and started dividing up the portions.

Obviously, she got the biggest piece. We all sat down and dug into our meal.

For a while I was too busy inhaling the amazing lasagna that our Yoong had cooked. But between my second and third portion of lasgana I noticed something peculiar.

Yoona had changed over a short amount of time, ever since Minna had come into her life.

Although our Yoona had always been a naturally cheerful girl, after she had gotten separated from her sister, we didn’t see her genuine smiles anymore. She rarely got out of the house, unless it was to attend special events that Sica had forced her to go to. Her people pleasing skills made it even harder to distinguish the pain and agony that she hid within her fake mask.

Yoona had smiled often but it was always one of those small quiet and polite ones.

Nevertheless her charm seemed to steal away everyone’s hearts. As her popularity rose, the amount of happiness we got to see from Yoona declined.

But now it was a different story.

Jessica and I watched with smiles on our faces as we watched Yoona interact with the bright and chattering Minna. The two were lost in their own world.

I knew that they would face trouble and hardship; all I could do was pray that they were strong enough to get by.

However sitting at Sica’s dining room table watching the pair interact, I was reassured and it let me feel something I hadn’t felt in a long time.

Watching Minna feed our Yoong, I could see the light of hope in both of their doe eyes.

That's right...

For once in all the years that I had known her, I felt hope our Yoona...

A chance to be happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooooo~! I hope you all are having a swell week! ^^
Here's an update for you guys, and yes I know I've been avoiding the press conference... but I promise that will be in the next chapter!

Please look forward to it!

ANDDDD please don't forget to leave a comment down below! I love hearing feedback from all you guys! ^^