Trapped : 040 -- EPILOGUE

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Five years later…

 

 

I walked around the corner of the kitchen as I prepared the lunch boxes for us. Today is the day every year we would go as family. I couldn’t content my happiness as I heard the small steps of little foots running nearer to where I stand and I turned around just to see my little five years old boy smiling cheekily at me then running again, hugging one of my feet tightly.

 

 

“Mommy, come on, I don’t want to be late and you takes too long in the kitchen will make us late. Daddy’s waiting for us!” He shouted cutely as trying to move my feet.

 

 

I smiled then closed the boxes with the lids before stacking it one by one into the lunch bags. “Yeah, baby, just a little bit and we’re ready to go…” I squatted to balance our height as I stare into the little boy that looks exactly like his father, with the eye smiles all over his handsome face, black haired and fiery attitude. All Kikwang’s in him, same looks, same attitude, same everything. I pecked on his chubby cheeks and smiled again, “Now go and get your bag so we can hurry. Daddy’s will be upset if we’re late.”

 

 

He laughed then ran to the living room. I shook my head, seeing my over excited baby boy made my heart lighter and it was good. The life becomes much better once he arrived in this world. Grabbing the lunch box I took my cell phone out of my jeans just to see a message from Doojoon. I smiled then clicked the message icon right away.

 

 

I’m sorry, I couldn’t make it today. Got a meeting so I send my chauffer instead. Send my love for the little boy.

 

 

I sighed desperately. Like always, Doojoon would bail on us unintentionally. The mega mogul Doojoon, working hard continuing his family business’ as he was already busy with his doctor life. He got his degree four years ago and specialized in internist two years ago. And like every year, Doojoon would always join us.

 

 

“Baby,  Uncle Doojoon couldn’t join us, so he sends you love instead.”

 

 

My little boy frowned, “Why? Doesn’t Uncle Doojoon know that Daddy will be angry if he didn’t join us…?”

 

 

“Yes he knows but he can’t, he got a meeting.” I reached for him his hand and walked side by side toward the front door where Doojoon’s chauffer already waiting for us.

 

 

“What is meeting? Why he canceled on us to meeting?”

 

 

“Ask that once you met your Uncle, alright, baby…?”

 

 

The chauffer opened the car’s door as I helped my baby entering the car and I followed suit. Doojoon always taking care of us like it was his obligations but we’re all known that it wasn’t. He always been so generous and I owed him big for whatever he done for us, for my baby and for Kikwang.

 

 

The whole time we’re riding Doojoon’s car, I couldn’t keep my eyes off the beautiful scenery passed around us. My eyes locked on the window views while I heard my baby boy’s hummed to some cheerful songs and it make my heart clenched in happiness. Once in a while he would glanced up at me then grinning playfully, showed me those little white teethes that made me want to pinch his chubby cheeks, then once in a while I would leaned down to kiss him fervently.

 

 

“Mom, do you think Daddy will like it if I bring him the picture I drawn at school?” My baby looked up then opened his backpack where he stuffed most of his things and pulled out a folded paper and passed it to me. I opened the folded paper and saw the paper where he drawn three figures holding hands.

 

 

I couldn’t help but smile to see how talented and clever my baby boy is. I leaned down and kissed him before passed him back the drawing, “Of course… You know that your daddy loved you so bad…” I let go off him and hugged him tightly. I loved my baby boy so bad, and I’ll have him for my entire life. God, my baby boy’s so adorable.

 

 

“Mrs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter