Trapped : 039

Trapped
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kikwang left Naeun’s condo with a relief heart as everything comes to clear. He could focus on his next task to get Hyosung back and convinced his father that he loved her more than anything, that all he wanted on his life is just Hyosung, not some another girl. Not even a short love story he barely tasted, he wanted something lasted long like how fairy tale ended even though he wasn’t that much fan of hopeless romantic dreamed happily ever after.

 

 

But he believed that people entitled to have their own happily ever after do him and Hyosung. Kikwang wanted to have it, for Hyosung, the only woman he loved for his life after his mother. The thing is, no matter how much he wanted to have Hyosung on his own; there would always be something on his way, trying to steal her from him and that made him angry, insecure and exhausted. Today, he has to get Hyosung back, that’s his number one priority.

 

 

He walked out of the lobby with the bright sky welcomed him. He couldn’t help but smile to the possibilities of the universe also sided on him. He wanted to get his wife back, he need to get the hell out of Japan soon and fly across the ocean just to get her back. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Yoseob as he left him a call when he was still talking with Naeun. Everything with Naeun’s now settled down and he could breathe freely as one of the ed-up in his life died down.

 

 

“How is it going?” Yoseob asked in a rush after three rings, “Has she told you everything? You’re not her baby’s father right?”

 

 

“No…” Kikwang replied softly while hauling a cab and entered it right away. He motioned the driver to drive him to the airport while clutching his phone on his other hand, “She acknowledges everything. The baby wasn’t mine.”

 

 

“That’s good to hear…” Kikwang could hear Yoseob’s relief voice followed by his sigh.

 

 

“Yeah, it’s good even though she didn’t want to tell me who the baby’s daddy is,” Kikwang continued, “She kept it as secret as she could while I tried my best to help her. I mean, I care about her, after all she was like a family to us.”

 

 

“I do care about her though… Dongwoo’s so shattered to know his beloved cousin’s life turned out into something like that…” Yoseob replied softly.

 

 

Kikwang nodded in agreement, “So, do you know where on earth Hyosung is?” He changed the topic immediately because right now only his wife matters, nothing else but Hyosung, “Did you managed to track her down along with Doojoon?” He can’t help but feeling jealous toward the possibilities that Doojoon spent most of the time with Hyosung while it has to be him. But he immediately shook the thought off from his head because he knows that whatever Doojoon’s doing, he was doing it for Hyosung and him.

 

 

“Yeah,” Yoseob replied with his raspy voice, “Doojoon called me yesterday, fortunately he tell me where on earth he took Hyosung. They were at Doojoon’s vacation house in Mapo.”

 

 

“The one where we used spend our vacation time when we were kid…?” Kikwang gasped in surprised to know that Doojoon took Hyosung to the place where they used to spend their vacation time when they were still a little. The six of them always spend their vacations there likely their own home and that made Kikwang’s heart emotionally swelled.

 

 

“The one and only,” Yoseob replied once again, “Aren’t you supposed to be flying right now?”

 

 

Kikwang nodded his head as he shifted his head around then he noticed that he was finally arrived at the airport, “Yeah, just arrived, once I’m arrived in Korea and also, I think I will go straight to Mapo.” He stepped out of the cab after paying the driver some money then headed toward the departure area. Gladly he visited Japan with his only overnight bag so he didn’t need go to the baggage area for his overweight things. “I’ll see you later in Mapo.”

 

 

With that Kikwang ended his phone call with his best friend, Yoseob and headed toward the immigrations area where they will precede him to fly back to Korea. Right now he felt a little bit relief to know that one obstacle already placed behind them while he tried to get back Hyosung, he could only hope that his father would forgive him and let them lives their life happily ever after, just like a fairy tale.

 

 

Heck, Kikwang would stake anything, everything just to make Hyosung had her own fairy tale because she deserved better, much better than the life she was living right now and thinking about her right now made his heart aches so bad. Kikwang wanted to give her everything, everything that would bring back the smiles on her face, everything that would bring back her to his life.

 

 

While he was waiting for his plane, he tried his best for not over think everything or kill his joy mood. He decided to scrolling through his phone staring and looking over Hyosung’s photos inside while the latter didn’t even know that he got some of her photos. He would smiles when he saw her smiling photos, it was incredible, even by staring at her, and he would smile happily. He was about to put his phone back at the same time his phone vibrated.

 

 

Kikwang pulled it back just to see his father’s name on the screen which he answered immediately. “Father…?” Hesitated, he answered the phone and placed it tightly on his left ear, “How are you?”

 

 

There was silent for a while until he could hear his father cleared his throat, “I’m fine…and how are you, Son?”

 

 

“I am currently waiting for my flight to Korea,” He answered no-matter-of-factly, his father needs to know where on earth he is and what had been he doing while he was away; “I was in Japan for two days.”

 

 

“Yeah, I know…” His father replied, “Naeun told me everything.”

 

 

Kikwang’s eyes widened to hear Naeun’s name. That wasn’t what he had in mind actually, he’d been thinking so hard to make sure his father believed in him even if he had to bring Naeun back to Korea, he would do that. But then when Naeun rejected him when he asked her to come along with him to Korea, she only said that there was nothing left behind for her in Korea. She wanted to start afresh in Japan with the entirely new environment that could make her feel better.

 

 

He could do nothing but let her go, let her do whatever she had in mind. And when he heard that Naeun was the one told his father everything, he knew he owed one to Naeun.

 

 

“She…she told you everything…?” He asked while forced himself to not stutter despite the shock he’d faced right now.

 

 

“Yeah, everything… She told me that you’re not her baby’s father…”

 

 

Kikwang sighed desperately, “You should’ve believed in me on first place, father!” All the angers he felt burst right away when he heard his father finally acknowledging his fault for not believing his own son, “No matter how ed up I am, I wouldn’t do something like that to her. I’m an adult and I know how to have myself protected yet you believed in some cheap tabloids…? Don’t you know what’ve you done to me…? To Hyosung…?”

 

 

He was angry, so angry until he almost crushed his phone into pieces within his tight grips. All the turmoil emotions within him were likely out in seconds the moment his father told him about the truth that he finally learned. It was just too late, he didn’t even know whether Hyosung would come back to him or not because he screwed everything so bad. He remembered the hurtful within her eyes the first time she learned about the whole false rumors about him fathering Naeun’s baby.

 

 

And how painful she was when he saw her walked out of their house with Doojoon by her side. Kikwang remembered everything and that was so ing hurt he wanted to kill somebody.

 

 

“I know, I’m sorry, Son, I really am sorry…” His father talked softly, “I just didn’t want to see Hyosung’s hurting because of your foolishness, I didn’t want to see her suffering because of your selfishness and I didn’t want to see her in pain because of you. I’ve seen the old of you when you were loathing her as if she stole the universe from you, I’ve seen the old of you when you were treating her as if she was your worst nightmare while I was trying my best to give you what’s best for you…” His father sighed, “You may think that I was ruining your life but you’ve to know that Hyosung’s the greatest gift I ever gave for you, Son. I love her like she was my own daughter even though her ing father ran away with my money, I don’t care. Hyosung isn’t her father yet you didn’t even see her the way I see her. Then when your mother told me that your relationship with Hyosung’s getting better, I was so proud of you, so proud that the-ed-up-of-a-son finally opened his eyes and—“

 

 

“I love her, father,” Kikwang cut him while he gripping his phone tightly; “I love her so ing much. I don’t care if I lose the inheritance you were going to give me but I can’t stand to lose her. I need Hyosung so ing bad in my life, father. You have to know that I love her more than I love my own life. I would do everything for her, just for her.”

 

 

He could hear his father’s another sigh and when he was about to open his mouth once again, his father beaten him much faster, “Then go.” His father talked, “Then go, hop into the plane, fly and chase your wife. Tell her how much you love her because I know, Son, I know that she was waiting for you to come home…”

 

 

Kikwang nodded his head even though his father couldn’t see him, “Thank you so much, father. Thank you so much for gave me a chance to know Hyosung, to meet the love of my life.”

 

 

“You’ve grown up, Son… now I could proudly say that you’re the true Lee man just like how the way I wanted you to be…”

 

 

He smiled sheepishly then ended his phone call while walking toward the gate where will led him into his future.

 

 

Kikwang’s chasing his wife; he was chasing their happiness…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter