Back Home

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            They walked all the way to the park in silence, not saying a word to each other. The air was thick with an awkward feeling because both had so much to say yet didn’t say a word. The leaves around them were all changing and falling, and the chilly wind made them shiver. Yong Guk noticed Jina was still in her wife beater since she had taken off her jacket to fight Jieun.

            “Here.” he slipped off his jacket and handed it to her.

            “Thanks.” she accepted it since he already had on a long sleeve shirt.

            “I know this is the most cliche thing to say, but you need to hear it.” he took a deep breath. “I’m sorry.”

            Jina looked at him and blinked a few times. Saying that was supposed to lift a weight off his chest but he still felt anxious.

            “Please say something.” he begged.

            She looked forward as they walked down a path surrounded by trees.

            “You’re a .”

            It wasn’t the nicest thing to be said, but it was so Jina, and it made Yong Guk laugh. He realized how much he missed her bold and straight forward attitude. She was like a blunt wake up call.

            “I know.”

            “I told you from the start she was fishy.”

            “So the day you beat her up, was because you caught her yelling at Jongup?”

            “Yeah. She’s lucky I didn’t stab her.” she growled but then sulked. “You should have seen the look on his face Yong Guk… He even defended her. He knew that I would protect him and hit her.”

            “Aish, that kid.” he ruffled his hair. “I’m a horrible guardian. I should have seen how much you guys were suffering. I should have listened.”

            “You’re not horrible. If anything, you’re the best. Jieun was just blinding you.”

            “I shouldn’t have let her do that.”

            “Love does crazy things to you, trust me.” she chuckled. “If it were Zico or Daehyun, I would have been just as blind.”

            “No you wouldn’t have Jina. You’re independent and clear headed.”

            “I guess.”

            “I am sorry though. I should have listened to you, and I should have taken your side.”

            “I don’t forgive you because I don’t care anymore. I’m over it. I always have been, I was just waiting for you to see your mistake. I think you should apologize to everyone else.”

            “They deserve one.”

            “Apologize to Jongup for not protecting him, and promise you will from now on. Apologize to Zelo for taking away his skateboard, and spoil him like the maknae he is. Apologize to Youngjae, and just it up when he says I told you so. Apologize to Himchan for making him fall asleep to the sound of two mating walruses. And apologize to Daehyun.”

            “I would say Daehyun missed you the most, but Zelo seemed the most down out of all of us. He refused to eat and he asked  Daehyun to take him to the skatepark everyday because he was hoping you’d be there.”

            Jina softened.

            “I missed you guys too, although, living with Minhyuk was a lot less hectic.”

            “Was he good to you?”

            “Of course he was. He takes really good care of me.”

            “Good. Where have you been anyway?”

            “An apartment downtown.” she answered.

            “When you left I thought you would have left the country.” he confessed.

            “Psh, no.” she chuckled at him. “I ran away to teach you a lesson, not to actually get away from you. Plus, I knew disappearing would drive everyone crazy.”

            “I know I went crazy. I punched Zico when I went looking for you.”

            “You punched Zico?”

            “Twice.”

            Jina burst into laughter.

            “I told him that you’d do that.”

            “So… are you coming back home?”

            Jina sighed and looked forward again. “Isn’t it about time I did?”

            “We all miss you.”

            She looked at Yong Guk and saw sincerity in his eyes.

            “Then I guess it’s time I go home. Let’s just go get my stuff at the apartment.”

            “Is it a lot of stuff?”

            “Psh, no. I left the house with only two bags.”



 

            B-Bomb watched as Yong Guk and Jina left to go talk and sighed in relief. Everything was calming down and all the drama was over. Someone clearing their throat broke his train of thought. He turned to see Zico standing there awkwardly.

            “Uh…”

            “Apology accepted.” B-Bomb smirked. Zico smiled and stepped up to him.

            “I am sorry. I’ve been a bad friend to assume you and Jina…”

            “You love her. Love makes you selfish. It’s all fine.” he pat his shoulder.

            “Come here man.” Zico spread his arms out and the two shared a big bro hug.

            “Will you come home now?”

            “Depends if Jina wants to. Who knows how things will end up after their conversation.”

            “Minhyuk.” Daehyun called. “Thank you, for taking care of her.”

            B-Bomb smiled. “Jina’s my baby sister. I promised her I’d always take care of her.”

            “You’re just happy he didn’t impregnate her.” Youngjae retorted. Daehyun and Zico glared at him.

            “What if I had?” B-Bomb smirked.

            “Even if we just made up I would kill you and claim t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter