Chapter 5

In Another World

Changmin was nervous today. Junsu told him they would go shopping first and then they would try to make an appointment with a psychiatrist that Junsu knew. Junsu bought him a cell phone that morning - that wasn't that expensive but sufficient enough for Changmin that was penniless.

"Thank you." Changmin couldn't help but smile shyly when he opened the paper bag and saw the cell phone. They were in a car to Junsu's workplace.

Junsu who was driving did it with style. He was wearing Ray-ban spectacles and his lightly gelled hair was waving beautifully due to the blowing wind. Changmin checked his phone almost thoroughly. He wore a sweater owned by Junsu and the trousers were Junsu's too. They were a bit tight and small for him but it would make do because his frame was slim. Changmin could be a model, Junsu said and then thought for a while. Might be you can get more money than I earn,

It wasn't funny. Changmin didn't want to model for anything. He was too shy to become one. Being in one of the top entertainers, he could endure being photographed was because the members were with him. He was supported by them. Whenever he felt like the embarrassment was too much, he would hide himself behind Yunho or Yoochun and his Junsu probably would have a laugh about it.

They arrived twenty minutes later. Changmin walked closely behind Junsu, who walked with his back straightened as the students bowed and greeted him with respect and only been dismissed with decent wave of hand. Junsu smiled but not so much in front of the students. He looked cold and fierce when he walked in with the shades and the expensive suit. Changmin wondered if he ever does his trademark- the angelic pose in front of these students. He bet he didn't even know that aegyo exists.

Changmin bowed down his head most of the time when they were walking to the lecture hall. Junsu said today would be the day where the students would have to sing bits and pieces of a hardest song that they knew for Junsu to mark them. Changmin nodded when Junsu told him the process. He didn't really know anything about lecturers' works.

"What is your position in the band?" Junsu asked as he set his keyboard and wrote something in a paper of list of names. He frowned while his fingers ticked name by name with a black ball pen.

"A tenor. High tenor." Changmin watched as Junsu shrugged and adjusted his keyboard to the sound that he desired. Then five minutes later, one by one of his students entered the large room and filled in the seats. Changmin who was sitting beside Junsu, obviously new to his surroundings, sat there awkwardly. The students' eyes were on him and some of them were whispering and he could feel that they were talking about him. He bit his lower lip and pulled Junsu's sweater closer to his body. It didn't help much. It made him felt more like a stranger. Junsu was oblivious to the students' state. He was reading the list and still ticking some of the names on it. Changmin lifted his head, gathered his nerve and tried to scan the room if he could recognise anyone. Unfortunately no one was familiar to his eyes. He sighed silently and waited patiently.

"Okay, guys." Junsu clapped his hands and the sounds of people talking and whispering died almost instantly. "Stop staring at him." Junsu said and Changmin felt his face was warm. "Yes, I know he's handsome but let's focus here, okay?"

"Sir!" a girl with a ponytail and round framed glasses put her hand up in the air. Junsu raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, Ha Ni?"

"If we ever do any good today, can you introduce him to us?" Junsu chuckled lightly and he pressed on a key on the keyboard.

"Only if you're better than him."

"But sir, he can't be..." Ha Ni objected but then thought more of it. She put her hand down as Junsu rubbed both his palms together.

"Okay. Any question before we start?"

"Can we know his age?" one of the female students asked, Changmin wasn't sure who. Junsu turned towards Changmin.

"I-I'm err..."

"Let's stay mysterious, okay!?" Junsu cut him off when Changmin tried to answer. "Okay, Ha Ni, you start."

***

Changmin couldn't believe how he could endure lessons like this. It was like sitting in a very bad audition with bad participants willing to pull your ears off. Changmin sat there, listened admiringly at Junsu's keyboard skills only to be ruined by the terrible voices of his students. They were quite tone-deaf and amazingly Junsu praised them when they had the lyrics right. He didn't scold them when the pitch was wrong or even when the lyrics were wrong and sung at the wrong place Junsu just shook his head and asked them to the initial sitting. Most of them however were arrogant and said Junsu didn't appreciate their talent when Junsu shook his head and told them to practise more.

Did they know how much he worked his off to be in DBSK and ended up here?

They were terrible. They were ers for praises and Junsu granted them that. They were easily distracted and irritable.

Could they survive in the real world?

When the last student ends his singing session, Junsu could finally rest. The whole class was still there, most of them didn't even listen to what their friends were doing with their lecturer. Even Changmin stayed and listened to every one of them, spotted their mistakes and having the ability to correct them if Junsu let him but he stayed quiet by Junsu's side.

"Do you want to sing too, Changmin?" Junsu asked, ignoring the demand of his class to let them finish earlier. Changmin who was caught off guard was surprised. "Tell me what song do you want to sing, and I'll play it for you,"

"Here?" Changmin averted his eyes nervously at the students who were now silent to listen to their conversation.

"Yes. Here."

"Yeah, why don't you sing for us? It's not fair for you to be here to hear us sing but not you." Ha Ni complained. Immediately Changmin blushed. He was used to concerts but he was not used to being in a college room like this.

"O--kay." he was nervous. Damn, he didn't know if his voice would come out if he's this nervous.

"What song?" Changmin couldn't think of any other songs apart from DBSK's. He was in a serious .

"Uh..." Changmin thought hard. He couldn't remember anything not related to DBSK. Crap. Crap. "Can I play this um...keyboard myself?"

"Sure." Junsu gave up the chair and Changmin sat down on it. Junsu silenced his class by clapping his hands and put his index finger on his lips. All of them were anticipating what Changmin would sing when he corrected his position on Junsu's previous seat. Changmin took a deep breath and tried to remember the lyrics of the song he's going to sing. Bolero.

He started to play the piano and with ease the words flowed through his lips and out to the audience. Immediately the room was silent and people were giving all the attention to him. He knew the song by heart, he could even close his eyes with the piano in the song piece. He learned playing piano with Yoochun.

When he was done singing, he looked up to see most of the students were practically drooling over him. He turned to Junsu, who was smiling widely. He looked really impressed. And soon he was giving out sarcastic gaze at his students.

"You said you're a high tenor, right?" Changmin said yes. "Why don't you show me if you can live up to the title you're holding,"

The only thing that popped into his mind right then was his Mirotic scream.

***

Junsu's face was red after the entire laugh that he had. They were in a diner, because Junsu had wanted to eat Japanese food. Changmin somehow could guess that he likes hitsumabushi just like his Junsu did. When they were having hitsumabushi in Japan during their stay there, Changmin loves to tease Junsu by stealing bits and pieces of his hitsumabushi. Junsu would hit him in the head, and they would fight but it was worth it. Changmin was the maknae, he's way younger and that way the attention would be on him for a while. Junsu loves to attract Yoochun's attention, and Yunho was always with Jaejoong so he would be the one left out.

Believe it or not, Changmin didn't think much about how much he wanted them to mess around with him too. But right now, he knew better.

Junsu ordered his meal, udon and a set of sushi and hitsumabushi (just like how Changmin had predicted) and Changmin ordered sushi and the best ramen they got. He ordered a bigger portion of sushi of course in case he would go hungry in the middle of the night and he didn't want to wake Junsu up. He didn't want to make the older man pissed off because of him. He was quite scary as a lecturer at college, he learned it in the first place.

"Did you see their face? Brats had nowhere to live now!" this Junsu was harsh on his words that even Changmin winced at it. His Junsu was way gentler. "Did they think they are already great enough to be accepted in academy? I wish not!" Junsu drank his wine. Changmin swallowed. He had to stop Junsu from drinking more liquor if he wanted to drive home. Hell, even in this state, Changmin wasn't brave enough to be in the same car with Junsu. Junsu grinned at him. “What are you thinking of?" Changmin was eyeing Junsu's hitsumabushi so he was caught off guard.

"Ah, nothing." he used his chopsticks to pick up his crab-filled sushi before he ate it in one bite.

"Do you like singing? Since when do you start singing?"

"Twelve."

"Oh." that was one of this Junsu's habit that Changmin could pick up. When he asks about something, answer it and he would say 'oh' with no emotion whatsoever. He might seem interested, but sometimes the curiousity wasn't shown enough. Changmin missed his Junsu's bright eyes which shone of curiousity when he really meant it and even if he wasn't he would act as he was really into it. If he was disgusted or felt ridiculous, he would roll his eyes. Changmin missed the way he could read Junsu's eyes, and the way they could communicate freely within their comfort zone.

"You? Since when hyung starts singing?"

"Can't remember." Junsu smiled wider. "You know, with that talent of yours, I might believe that you are a superstar in another life."

"In another life?" Changmin thought for a while. "Do you think I'm in another life, hyung?"

"What are you trying to imply?"

"What I mean is...I'm not in a world I used to live. I told you about this before, hyung. Do you think that's why my parents didn't recognise me? I don't think I hit my head or anything. I knew my parents well, who didn't? So I guess it wasn't any traumatic accident,"

"I understand that. But Changmin..." he looked at him directly in the eyes. "What was the other reason that can explain why you're here? Changmin-ah, I don't want to disappoint you but..."

"Hyung..." Changmin was at loss of words. How could he argue with something like that? He was positive that he was here for a reason.

What was it again that happens before he opened his eyes and realised he was with Junsu?

He felt like a stabbing pain to his head. He howled and fell to the ground holding his head with both hands. He groaned to block the pain but it was very excruciating. His sight suddenly felt blurry, and his hands struggled to find support.

"Changmin!" he heard Junsu's voice and soon the older man was holding him tightly.

"Hyung, hyung!" he called out, desperately. His head was hurting too much. "Help me..."

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"I don't know..." Changmin held Junsu's hand didn't want to let go.

"Let's go home. You are sick. Come on..."

***

Changmin was going to cry again if it's not for Junsu. He felt worthless because he was always burdening Junsu whatever he did. He was always tagging along with Junsu, made him do things that only a real hyung would do to a dongsaeng. He didn't mean it but he was so hopeless.

"If you cry one more time, I'm going to ditch you on the street," Junsu threatened him when he sobbed inside the car. Junsu was kind enough to assist him to his car, supporting his tall body willingly. Changmin couldn't walk because of his severe headache. When they arrived, Junsu mellowed because Changmin was starting to sob again. "Changmin-ah...don't cry. I'm your hyung, I will not leave you on the street," Junsu rubbed circles behind Changmin as they walked to the apartment. Changmin held Junsu's hand and this time Junsu didn't push him away like he always did. He was loving tonight, not harsh or sarcastic like always. Junsu put Changmin on his own bed instead, making Changmin quite relieved but doubtful. "It's okay...just lie down."

Changmin obeyed Junsu and he slowly put his head on Junsu's pillow. His head was still throbbing and he was sweating profusely because of it. He closed his eyes; he could smell Junsu's scent here. Junsu left him to fetch something at the kitchen and returned. He patted Changmin's shoulder lightly, asking him to pop a painkiller and drink some water. He did what he was told. Junsu then patted his pillow lightly and tuck Changmin in after he asked the younger boy to stay still and again, to not cry.

"Junsu-hyung..." Changmin whimpered when Junsu wiped his sweat with a rag.

"Hmm?" Junsu's voice sounded so gentle and sweet. He missed this Junsu. He missed his Junsu.

"Thank you..." he felt the tears welled up again beneath the curtain of his eyelids. "Hyung, I don't know what to do if I don't meet you..."

"Shh...Now rest..." Junsu wiped his sweat and his forehead. Changmin felt comforted, felt like his Junsu was living in this Junsu.

"How about you?"

"I'll know. This is my home after all."

"I'm sorry..."

"Changmin..." the threatening tone came out of Junsu's mouth again. Changmin shut himself up immediately. He lied there on the bed, and his heart was calm again after Junsu his forehead gently. He smiled peacefully to himself as he drifted to sleep.

a/n hello everyone! after a while being immersed in this story, I thought of making Changmin to be bottom rather than him being the one who leads the relationship. i just thought a masculine Junsu is quite intriguing. haha~ maybe it's just me. what do you think? later on you will see how Junsu is actually different from the Junsu that we know now!

kamsahamnida for reading! i love you guys!