Chapter 43

In Another World

"What-what are you doing?" Changmin asked, his voice was evident of fear. Yunho unlocked the safety and pointed it back towards Changmin.

"Get down here." he ordered. Junsu put himself in front of Changmin. Jaejoong who was in the same room was wide-eyed. What on Earth happened to Yunho? "Quick or I'll shoot!"

"Yunho, I don't plan on killing..." Jaejoong opened his mouth.

"This is not your business, Jaejoong. This is mine," Yunho said while his eyes never left the lovers on the bed. "Get down here, Changmin or I will not hesitate to shoot."

"Why?" Junsu wouldn't budge but Changmin didn't want his lover to be hurt again. Changmin looked at Junsu and unwillingly he climbed down the bed.

"Changmin!" Junsu called out. His face was heavy of worry.

"I'll be fine, hyung."

"What are you doing, Yunho?" Jaejoong demanded. His face turned fierce. "Yihan wouldn't like this," Jaejoong grabbed Yunho's hand but he wouldn't move. His gun was still pointed to Changmin as the singer wore his shoes silently and shakily.

"I don't care about Yihan." Yunho said. "All I care about is you." Jaejoong shook his head. Changmin put both his hands up and Junsu could only watched helplessly. He was too weak to even get out of his bed.

"Changmin-ah..." Junsu called out. "Remember that I..." Yunho gestured for Changmin to stand at one corner. Jaejoong cursed loudly when obviously Yunho didn't listen to him.

"Yihan will hear about this. He will not be happy!" Jaejoong was flustered.

Changmin's attention however was towards Junsu. Even though he was held at gunpoint, his eyes had never left Junsu. He could see the tears in Junsu's eyes and the tears in his own sting so much too. He felt a lump started building in his dry throat, and his lips became more chapped.

"Love..." Junsu's words came out slow and one by one. Changmin could feel the tears rolled down at one cheek.

Junsu's eyes were red, because he was crying too.

I just wish to see him smile again.

"Don't you dare to ignore me!" Jaejoong's piercing voice echoed in the room but no one seemed to pay attention.

"...you." Junsu nodded, and somehow things after that happened so fast that Changmin couldn't register at all.

Yunho shifted his gun towards Jaejoong and threw another gun towards Junsu.

"CHANGMIN, RUN!" Yunho screamed. Changmin was unsure at first but when he saw Junsu pointed the gun that Yunho just threw at him towards Jaejoong, he started to run to the door.

Jaejoong froze.

Changmin ran to the corridor and heard someone was running after him. He looked back and saw Yunho who was catching up to him.

"Follow me!" Yunho ran through the confusing maze of the corridor expertly, like he was very used to it. Changmin followed suit behind Yunho, and after five minutes of frantic running, Changmin and Yunho arrived outside. Yunho grabbed Changmin's wrist and crossed the street and went to hide in a building.

"What is this, Yunho-hyung?" Changmin was anxious and nervous while Yunho looked around to search for people who would catch up with them. "What are you doing? Why did we leave Junsu behind?!" Changmin let out a stifled sob. He couldn't help it.

When Yunho had made sure that no one was trailing after them he turned towards Changmin.

"Junsu told me to do this." Yunho said. Changmin's jaw dropped. "Listen, Changmin." Yunho held both his shoulders and looked at him directly in the eyes. "In the building, I had to do what I did to you. I'm sorry for hitting you, and I'll let you hit me again if you wanted to. But..." Yunho took a deep breath. "...They're watching us very closely. Yihan was dangerous, didn't they tell you that already? By doing this, running away from the building with you and handed the gun to Junsu were things that would make me killed soon. But I had to do this to redeem myself."

Changmin hit Yunho's chest but his hit was so weak from everything that happened.

"You can't do that! As much as I hated what you've done..."

"I deserved a very severe punishment for what I've done. That's why I agree to what Junsu wanted me to do."

"But why? How about Junsu-hyung then? What-what about Jaejoong?"

"Junsu will be saved. He's with Jaejoong after all. Didn't Junsu tell you about Jaejoong? About how he would never let Junsu go? Even if death was near, he still couldn't let go." Yunho sighed. "As for me, my hopes are crushed already. My work is to protect you now."

"Why did everyone say like I was very fragile? I can take care of myself!"

"Changmin..." Yunho held Changmin's cheek and made the latter flinched. "...you're not supposed to be here. You're the most innocent person here, you can't let them get you," Changmin was confused when suddenly Yunho changed completely. He was afraid too, afraid if this was actually an act that he committed to get Changmin's trust. He couldn't afford to be deceived for a second time. The first time had him in this state. "Aaahhh...don't cry..." Yunho wiped Changmin's tears with his sleeves tenderly, just like his Yunho.

"Don't touch me, please. Don't." Changmin stepped back. "I can't do this. Bring me back to Junsu."

"No!" Yunho shook his head vehemently. "Junsu didn't want you there,"

"Wh-" Changmin choked. But then he was reminded of Junsu's own words.

If anything ever happen to me, please run away. Run and never look back.

Changmin blinked furiously.

"So..." he swallowed, and felt the lump in his throat was still there and his tears wouldn't stop. Changmin looked down at his knuckles, he had been holding them too tight that they turned white. He loosened his fists and felt the rush of blood immediately. "What should we do now?"

"I'm going to check you in somewhere safe, maybe a cheap motel or any house that is far from where we currently are. But, listen to me, Changmin, we have no time left." his voice was stern so Changmin gave him full attention. "We're going to go there by tonight and I will then book a ticket for you to run from the country."

"What?"

"But I'm not going. Only you. I have made all the preparations according to how Junsu wanted it, and all you have to do is board the plane. But you have to stay low for three days before the actual date of your flight. Don't go out at all, and avoid everyone that looks suspicious. No, scratch that. Avoid everyone."

They stayed silent as Changmin took everything in, and Yunho waited patiently.

"Do you understand what I want you to do?" Changmin nodded twice. "Good."

"I...I wanted to ask you a question."

"What?" Changmin looked into Yunho's eyes intensely. His face was distorted of his mixed emotions.

"Why did you me? Was it because Jaejoong asked you? Was it because you want to hurt me like you said before in that act? Or was it for Junsu, because he practically ignored you as a fan?"

Yunho's face crumbled into something like regret. He cleared his throat and looked away, rubbing his face with his palm.

"I...uhh..." Yunho swallowed. "All three of them. And...and...I swear I regretted it now. I really do. I shouldn't do that. It hurts your pride but in order to gain their trust..."

"You hurt me and Junsu too!" Changmin burst out fiercely.

"I'm sorry. It was a mistake and I'm ready to be punished because of it. That's what I'm doing right now. I will get you out of here, you get me? I will save you, make you safe and sound again,"

"But how would you make it up to Junsu?"

"I can't. Okay, I can't." Yunho exhaled a deep breath. "But I would, to you." Changmin shook his head. "I'm sorry. That's all that I can do. That's what Junsu asked me to do. He would forgive me if you go out of there safely."

Changmin slapped his face hard.

"How could I forgive you after all that?" Changmin screamed. Yunho didn't say anything. "How could you say that so casually? Why do you think I will do as you said?"

"It's the only way, Changmin. Please believe in me,"

"And then what? You've done enough damage to us!" Changmin hit his chest over and over again. His tears were uncontrollable anymore. "You've done enough to make us..." Changmin covered his face with both his palms. Yunho just stood in front of Changmin, unable to say anything.

***

Yunho brought Changmin to a restaurant and asked the manager to bring them to somewhere seclude to eat. Yunho asked Changmin to eat as much as he wanted while Yunho find somewhere for him to stay the night and after that Yunho would hide himself. Changmin didn't know how Yunho would succeed but at least he knew Junsu wouldn't be harm as long as Jaejoong was there. But what bugged Changmin the most was because Yunho gave Junsu a gun, he could have just run away with Changmin and didn't have to bother about Junsu's safety. But he shrugged it off, knowing full well that Yunho would ensure the condition of Junsu before himself. Junsu comes first in Yunho's life and Jaejoong even when he said he loved him, he fulfilled his obligation towards Junsu first and not Jaejoong.

He was confused of Yunho's priority. But he had to shake it off too, because sometimes people made the wrong decisions.

He made the wrong decision by making that trip that night where he was so depressed, and drove with his mixed emotions influenced most of his action. He wasn't focused, that's why he got into an accident, and that's why he was here.

I just wished...

He stopped himself.

Stop wishing, Changmin. Stay in reality. You're going to be worse if you wished upon things, you're not worth it.

I'm worth it, I'm the one who's out of place here. I shouldn't be the one here. The other voice chimed in.

Changmin took a deep breath and shook his head. This wasn't the time to lamenting of the spilled milk. He should've learned about that already.

But what if Yunho lie to him again? Would he be able to forgive him?

And why did Yunho take so long to check him in? Changmin started to worry.

Another hour later, Yunho finally arrived, and with a state that shocked Changmin. His right shoulder was injured and he was bleeding.

"Oh my God, what happened to you?"

"They're coming. Changmin, run! They're coming here!"

"What?" his knees felt like they were frozen but this wasn't the time for him to be captured again. Yunho grasped his hand with his uninjured one and pulled Changmin in a hurry. They were running blindly without direction right now. Changmin didn't dare to look back when he heard people were chasing after them. Yunho was holding his hand tightly and Changmin wouldn't want to let go of it. Even if they're sweating like hell, they wouldn't let go of each other's hand.

Yunho stopped running suddenly which brought a halt towards Changmin too. Changmin's blood drained from his face when he saw Yihan suddenly appeared out of a limousine.

"Not a very clever move." Yihan said, Yunho tightened his hold on Changmin. "I thought you're loyal to Jaejoong." Yihan had a menacing look in his eyes, like he's ready to do anything towards both of them. Changmin pulled his gaze away, his whole body was shaking.

"I'm loyal until a point." Yunho replied in a very steady voice. Changmin wondered how he could maintain steady while he was shivering like a little girl. "I'm not going to turn back to you."

"Oh. I don't need you anymore." Yihan said sinisterly. "Now let him go and we'll have a deal."

Him? Changmin froze. Yunho moved a bit so that he covered Changmin. Changmin didn't dare to look at Yihan at all.

Was it me?

"Over my dead body." Yunho said.

"Gladly." Yihan put a hand up and one of his men pointed a gun towards Yunho and Changmin. Changmin gasped but Yunho remained calm, as if he had been expecting this. "You can surrender now if you like."

"I won't bow down to you anymore."

"Regrets, huh? What a pathetic loser!" Yihan mocked. "What's the point? You are already beneath my feet, you can't do anything."

"At least I can save Changmin."

"Nobody can save him. Not you. Not anyone." Yunho shook his head. Changmin looked around and behind him. They were in an isolated place, very near to the Han River. It was very cold tonight. They were straying from the main road when they ran, and now there's only one transport could be spotted near them, which was Yihan's own limousine. "Not a very good place to die, I see." Yihan commented.

"I don't care. You'll go down after this, Jin Yihan."

"Isn't it funny that both people that love Kim Jaejoong were both with the initial JYH. Jung Yun Ho. Jin Yi Han."

"Don't make us looked like equals,"

"Why? Because I'm more superior?" Yunho sneered.

"More like a devil's advocate." Yihan laughed.

"What a bold word." Yihan grinned. "You have balls, I gather."

"More than you have." Yihan grunted mockingly. Yunho gritted his teeth, his grip on Changmin's hand never loosened. Changmin felt Yunho squeezed his palm, channelling his strength for the young one to be courageous too when they were fronting Yihan.

"Didn't I tell you that I would send you to work overseas?"

"I've been told that."

"And why are you doing this? It's useless."

"To protect the pride that I merely have right now."

"Because of that you dare defy me?" Yunho just glared at Yihan. "Suit yourself then." Yihan turned his body around and with such calmness and pride he climbed into the limousine leaving three of his men behind.

Yunho moved and cringed when suddenly his shoulder hurts.

"Are you okay, Yunho-hyung?" Changmin was worried now he saw that Yunho wobbled a bit when he tried to walk. The three men stopped them. "He's bleeding! Can we please treat him first?" pleaded Changmin.

"We are told to eliminate him," one of them said. Changmin was thunderstruck.

"You can't!" Changmin screamed.

"Changmin, no. Don't fight with them," Yunho took a deep breath. He could feel his head started to spin, maybe because he had lost a lot of blood already. "Listen..."

"I don't want to run away!" Changmin screamed. He pulled his hand away from Yunho's grasp and stood before the lawyer. He spread both his arms. "Kill me before you get to him!"

"Changmin!" Yunho panicked.

"I won't budge!" Changmin screamed. He knew now that whatever he did, Yihan or Jaejoong would never let their men harm him. They could kill anyone they want but not Changmin. No one could touch him. He was that precious to Jaejoong.

"Run, Changmin, run!"

"You can't tell me what to do..."

"It's for your own safety!"

"No!"

"I will shoot!" one man said and pointed the gun towards Changmin. "If you're not going to step aside, you'll die instead of him," the man said.

"I don't...! Ah!" Yunho suddenly pushed Changmin so harshly he fell on the tarmac. That was when he heard the man fired the bullet. "NOOOOO!!!"

Changmin froze when the blood hit his face.

"Hyung!" Changmin jumped towards Yunho. Yunho had fallen down, his chest had been shot.

"Leave me!"

"No..." Changmin shook his head. The three men approached them.

"Run! Or they will catch you!" Yunho said breathlessly, there was blood everywhere. "Leave me! That's what Junsu said!"

"But, you..."

"I'll be fine!" Yunho pushed Changmin who was cradling him. Changmin looked around, the three of them already gotten so close to him and Yunho. Yunho brought out a gun from his pocket and shot one of them. Changmin screamed. "Now, run!"

"But...but..." Changmin panicked. Yunho pushed him with all his might and fired another bullet but missed.

"Go! You don't have much time!"

Changmin bit his lips quite hard that it bled again. He stood up, and determined to come back again he started to run from the scene. He didn't look back even once and he could hear one person chased behind him. He ran towards the town again, where maybe someone could help him. Maybe he could find somewhere with a lot of people that would forbid the man to fire his gun.

Changmin ran with only thoughts of people he left behind.

Junsu. Yunho.

What was the purpose of Yunho doing this in the very last minute?

He heard another loud bang, and he sobbed.

What if they shot Yunho again?

But Changmin kept on running. His vision was blurred. His lungs felt like they would burst and his nose was already congested. His legs kept moving, taking him away from everyone.

Why did this happen to me? How could everything happen this way?

I just wanted to be with them again, is that too much to ask?

Changmin looked up onto the sky. He saw Cassiopeia, and once again he sobbed louder.

Cassiopeia, are you a true guidance for me? Why didn't you guide me in this universe? Why did you shone your light to me but failed to help me make my decision?

Changmin wanted so desperately to stop running, but Yunho's voice echoed loudly. As loudly as how quick he ran.

Run, Changmin!

You have to save yourself.

Don't worry about me, he heard Junsu's voice mixed up with Yunho's.

It's my world, you don't belong here.

But why, hyung?

Why, Cassiopeia?

I just wish to see them smile again at me. I just wish to be together with them again.

He looked up at the constellation again.

Suddenly he saw it. There was a shooting star, across the Cassiopeia constellation.

He gasped and he stopped running.

But he didn't realise he was standing in the middle of the road.

One should never stand in the middle of the road to look at the stars above.

Changmin turned his head aside and saw a big truck was coming to him. He froze.

A/N mianhe changmin-ah!

aaaah don't kill me!! i still need to finish the story *gets bricked*