Chapter 13

In Another World

The night was awesome. Junsu brought him to a nearby Japanese restaurant that sold a lot of Changmin's favourite food. Well, Changmin had a lot to choose with but he loved to eat foreign food with Junsu even when he was with his Junsu. Junsu loved to eat too but his ability to eat was limited to day time. He took care of his voice at night and would only drink juices or plain water. They ate and drank like they were celebrating. Changmin celebrated the moment he had had Junsu's attention back at him and the new-found love for his hyung. Junsu was celebrating his orchestral achievement.

"Is this your first conduct?"

"No." Junsu was drinking sake, and the colour on his face started to rose. "I don't remember since when I had become a favoured conductor in academy's annual concert but it's been a while."

"You must be very good."

"I am indeed," Junsu laughed. The laugh was not shrilly nor deep. It was just nice. "The academy is proud of me."

"I'm sure of it." and they laughed. Changmin dug into his meal and Junsu ordered more sushi with salmon fillings inside. "I'm proud of you too." Junsu grinned and put his chopsticks down. He looked at Changmin with his big eyes and the younger man knew he was quite intoxicated. Changmin smiled weakly. He loved Junsu when he was sober because drunken Junsu would be too much too handle. Junsu grinned when he saw Changmin's concerned face. He leaned in and sealed their lips together. Changmin closed his eyes, his feelings for Junsu bloomed again. It was a relief too that they were sitting in a private room so no one was watching them. Junsu nibbled on his lips, making Changmin parted his lips to give the older man entrance.

"Your lips tasted great," Junsu panted.

"Thank you." Changmin blushed, how should he react to a compliment like that? He had never had any steady girlfriends who would comment on his lips. They parted and Junsu his lower lip.

"I can be addicted to your taste," Changmin bowed his head down sheepishly. He was blushing so violently at how Junsu was teasing him. He picked at his food and his stomach grumbled.

"Let's eat, hyung." Changmin said after a while. He knew Junsu was watching him, his eyes were scanning Changmin like he was stripping him mentally. Changmin bit his lower lip as the memory of last night came flooding his mind. "Hyung...stop staring at me. It's embarrassing."

"Are you embarrassed of me? I've seen you ,"

"Hyung!" Changmin hit Junsu and the man laughed. "We're in public!"

"But you let me kiss you..." Junsu said in a sing-song. Changmin looked down to his food and stuffed the food into his mouth until he couldn't talk. "Aish...Changmin-ah..." Changmin chewed the food with much difficulty and he shook his head. "You're handsome, no wonder you're a star in your world." Changmin swallowed the food and stared at Junsu.

Why did it feel like Junsu was envious of something?

***

They finished their meal after one hour later. When they opened the door, Junsu bumped into someone.

"Sorry," the man bowed down and lifted his head up. Changmin was shocked to see the person, but the man was more surprised to see Junsu. "You are...Kim Junsu?"

Junsu who was quite influenced by the alcohol grinned at the man. Changmin's jaw dropped, his eyes couldn't leave what he was seeing.

"Yes, I am."

"I am Jung Yunho." the man held out a hand and Junsu took it. "I am a great fan of you. I will be coming to your upcoming performance, Mr Kim. I am so honoured to meet you here." Yunho looked so eager. Junsu who was a bit red in the face looked at Changmin to take over the conversation for him.

"Umm...Mr Jung." Changmin felt his voice shook, because he was too surprised to see Yunho here, of all place. "I...Mr Kim is..."

"Ah, I understand." now Yunho's attention was at him. Changmin gazed at him when the shorter man held his hand. Changmin felt his heart was heavy, he had never anticipated this meeting so soon and so casually like this. He wanted to throw himself to Yunho, said that he missed him so much. Did he do well without him by his side? Did he miss him too?

But of course this was another world where he didn't exist. It's where Yunho didn't know him and would never recognise him if they meet in the streets.

Changmin took the hand and shook it. He tried to read if there's any, even the slightest bit, of recognition in his eyes but to no avail. Yunho's hand was beautiful, as Jaejoong would describe it, and firmly held his hand. The handshake was a reflection of his confidence self just like how he portrayed on the media. His smile was polite; Changmin remembered his Yunho's smile to him was as foolish as it seemed, never business-like, always with the crow's feet adjacent to both his eyes. He wanted to cry because he missed Yunho's protection to him, and how he took care of his dongsaengs.

"Hey," Yunho's voice startled him. "Are you okay?"

"Umm..." Changmin realised there were tears in his eyes. He quickly let go of Yunho's hand and wiped it with his sleeve. "It was just...there's dust, and the wind..." his words stumbled out because he couldn't control his emotions. "And...and..." his mind went blank when the perfectly shaped almond eyes watched him in amazement. It was like a visitor who was watching a caged animal in the zoo. Changmin turned his gaze to Junsu so he wouldn't be hurt by those expressions. Junsu grabbed his arm and squeezed it lightly. Changmin felt like hugging Junsu that time, asking for support and he wanted to tell him that this was Yunho. This Yunho is the same one as his Yunho. More importantly he wanted Junsu to acknowledge him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you again, Mr Kim. But I guess you already had a company so..." Yunho bowed down and started to walk away.

"Wait, Yunho-ssi..." Junsu stopped him. He glanced at Changmin for a moment before he turned to Yunho. Yunho turned around. "I...I am too drunk to drive and I don't intend to go home today. Since I don't want my dongsaeng here to go home alone, can you please drive him home?"

"Hyung!" Changmin protested but Junsu shook his head.

"I'm sorry I can't send you home. You had to walk home in this hour. There’s no bus right now,"

"But...but we just met Yunho-ssi..." Changmin's lips quivered and he couldn't look at Yunho without feeling sad and shy.

"It's okay." Yunho said, his eyes glowed because Junsu was talking to him. "I'll send him home. By the way, I came with my car so it won't be a problem,"

"Thank you." Junsu smiled.

"Hyung..." Changmin whined.

"So, Yunho-ssi, shall we take some time to know each other first before you drive my dongsaeng home?"

***

Changmin tailed Yunho to his car after Junsu practically rid them away from him. Junsu said he still had to work on his composed songs. He didn't want to be disturbed so there's no way Changmin could stay with him to avoid Yunho.

It felt so awkward. Yunho felt so distant. Changmin followed him closely but not as close. Usually they would strut and talk as they went through daily activities but this was different. This was the first time they met.

"How did you know Mr Kim?" Yunho asked, maybe to just break the ice between them.

"Uh? Ummm...he's a friend of my hyung." Changmin watched Yunho. That means hyungs. You, Jaejoong, and Yoochun.

"All this time I thought he lives alone," Changmin blushed. "But you two seem so close." Changmin nodded. They had arrived at the restaurant's parking. Changmin noticed Yunho owned an Audi car.

"I've seen you on TV," said Changmin nervously just because that was the only thing that he knew about Yunho.

"Oh." They entered the car. Yunho started the engine and waited for a while. "It was just that,"

"Isn't it dangerous?"

"Dangerous?" Yunho laughed lightly. "What do you mean by dangerous?"

"Pursuing people like what you mentioned in the TV. It took courage." Yunho laughed again and started to drive.

"It's my passion." Yunho had a smile on his face. "People like them shouldn't be let roaming around the earth," Yunho's tone sent shivers down Changmin's spine. Both Yunho and Junsu despised the mafia that was associated with Jaejoong. The underground, as they said it. "What do you do?" Yunho asked.

"I work at a cat spa." then silence engulfed them. Yunho who wanted to ease the situation between them switched on the radio and a ballade song came on. Changmin was immediately attracted by the melody of it. The song was about two people who were in love and were separated by distance and then both of them changed and never got back together. It was a very melancholic song, if one person could relate to it maybe he or she could cry by listening to it. The song filled the empty vacuum around them as Changmin was swayed by the song. He closed his eyes, even the lyrics were heart-wrenching.

But suddenly Yunho changed the radio station and there was rock song came on. Changmin turned to Yunho but he said nothing. What was there to say when this was his car?

"You like the song?" Yunho asked, there was a smirk on his lips.

"It was good." Changmin heard Yunho let out a small laugh.

"Do you know who composed it?"

"No."

"Wow." Yunho took a turn and the street was a bit narrower and Changmin recognised the street that would lead to Junsu's apartment. Junsu had given him the address and looked like Yunho already knew where they would head. "Don’t you know Kim Jaejoong?"

Changmin felt his heart stopped for a second. There was contempt in his tone even though Changmin wanted to overlook it.

"Hmm?" Yunho demanded answer so Changmin nodded. "Well, who didn't? I bet even the dogs and the cats in Gwangju and Busan knew about him in details," Yunho laughed again.

"He composed the song?"

"He composed a lot of songs." Yunho said in a stern voice but there was something else in it. It was like he had a personal grudge with Jaejoong. Changmin stayed silent. "You are not interested in Kim Jaejoong."

"I don't know much about him."

"Mr Kim, yes, your hyung composed songs with him," this time Changmin's eyes widened. "You didn't know this? They had been friends for quite a while and doing stuffs musicians do."

"What happened then?" Yunho decelerated his car and glanced at Changmin for a moment before back at the road. Yunho was silent for a while like he was thinking. Changmin waited for a response, an explanation but Yunho seemed to not want to talk about it anymore. The curiousity started to build up inside his heart but he would find some way to know about it. He heard Yunho heaved a small sigh, just barely enough to be heard by both of them. Changmin looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

Yunho took a sharp turn in a sudden and Changmin hit his head on the mirror beside him.

"Ah!" Changmin touched the side of his head. He closed his eyes, and suddenly a vision of something overcame his mind. He cringed and screamed.

"Changmin?" Yunho slowed down the car and eventually stopped at the roadside. Changmin held his head with both hands, his head was hurting just like the last time but this one was more excruciating. His heart beats more rapidly and he started to hyperventilate.

'I wish for Junsu-hyung to be more aggressive,'

What was that? Changmin's heart felt like it could explain inside the hollow space in his chest. He groaned as he waited for the pain to go away.

"Changmin?" Yunho put a hand on Changmin's shoulder. "Are you alright? Do you want to go to the clinic?"

"No..." Changmin shook his head. The pain slowly but surely would subside. He opened his eyes and looked at Yunho. "I'm fine..."

"Are you sure?" Yunho touched Changmin's chin and lifted his head up. "You look pale."

"I'm okay. Don't worry," Changmin blushed when Yunho treated him that way. He pulled his face away and smiled. "Just...I wanted to go home. Maybe I'm too tired,"

"Okay," Yunho drove the car again as Changmin threw his gaze out of the window.

The memory of the moment before he came here had come back.

He was in a car, he was driving and he was crying his heart out. The tears were blinding. He didn't know where he was going because he just wanted to get away from everything.

That was a memory which had slipped out of his mind up until now. The blow on his head made it came back.

He wished for something. There was a wish for every hyung, and now he didn't want anything of it to happen. These weren't his hyungs. These were persons who looked like them but...

The car stopped. Changmin turned to Yunho's side and saw Junsu's apartment. He opened the door and realised there were tears on both his cheeks. He wiped them away with his sleeves. He climbed outside of the Audi and stood up adjacent to it. He was expecting for Yunho to just drive away from him but the man climbed out too. He flashed a small smile to Changmin as he closed the door. He walked to Changmin and held his hand out. Changmin looked at the hand and back at his face.

"Can I have a hug?" Changmin asked. His tired eyes watched Yunho. Yunho seemed unsure but he spread his arms eventually. Changmin threw himself on Yunho and embraced him tightly. He rested his head on Yunho's shoulder. He wept again, his tears unable to stop. He missed this broad shoulders, he missed Yunho's protection. He missed everything about Yunho and if this hug made Yunho thought of him as a madman, he wouldn't care. He missed him and he just wanted to stop the time so that they could stay in this position.

Do you remember me? Do you ever meet the other you, Jung Yunho-ssi? Do you know how much I love you even though I never said it to you?

Changmin closed his eyes as Yunho rubbed circles on his back. Yunho was a caring person, he was a very lovable person once you get to know him. Would he be able to know this Yunho just like how he did with his Yunho?

He didn't know how much time passed when he parted the hug. Yunho didn't even flinch when Changmin cried until his expensive suit was dampened.

"Are you alright now?" the older man asked, a concerned look was prominent. Changmin nodded.

"Thank you." Changmin sniffed. "I appreciate your hug so much," he promised himself if he ever could return to his world, he would never reject Yunho's hug anymore. He needed more of it. He needed it to live for a few more years. The hugs were soothing.

"Then, good night."

"Thank you, Jung Yunho-ssi," Changmin bowed down and Yunho smiled brightly.

"I might be look all high and mighty but you see I have my soft side too," Yunho said jokingly making Changmin chuckled. He felt the tears burst but he couldn't care less. Changmin stood there until Yunho climbed into his car and drove away.

It was time to wail inside the house.

A/N hello everyone! there goes the Homin moment. And i'm happy now that I had put the character description in the foreword hehe so go check it out if you want some clarifications of what their characters supposed to be like. Yunho and uri Changmin would be meeting a lot after this, and that's why Su wouldn't be as much in the next chapters. but don't worry he'll be back, and no he won't be separated from uri Changmin because Changmin wouldn't want it to! ^_^

and thank you for reading! kamsahamnida for your support for this story! arigatou!