EPILOGUE

In Another World

The quiet environment around the cemetery made it even a cooler place than before. Jaejoong had been there for quite a while, both his hands were clasped together and he was looking down at the tombstone without caring the ache that his neck started to feel. His tears had dried long ago and now even his hiccups had subsided. He still stood up, not knowing what to do or even how to swing his legs to leave the site.

Jaejoong was wearing a nice black suit which was Junsu’s. He went to Junsu’s house right after Junsu breathed his last breath and picked it up himself and tried it on. It fits him very well. He broke down right there, wailing until Yihan came to the house to pick him up.

Jaejoong sniffed, and inhaled a deep breath. His eyes were still fixed on the name on the big black stone.

Kim Junsu.

Yihan approached Jaejoong after a while. He had come back after he left Jaejoong to stay at the cemetery because he didn’t want to leave so soon. He wanted to pick Jaejoong up, but he knew it would be hard considering of how unstable Jaejoong’s emotions were right now. He needed support and he needed it from Yihan. He could give more time to Jaejoong to wail or mourn over Junsu, but life must go on.

Junsu had passed away peacefully under Jaejoong’s care. Jaejoong refused to leave his bedside and didn’t work at all during the time he was spending tending to Junsu. Junsu’s condition was deteriorating very quickly when the incident happened.

Yihan was shocked to hear that his boyfriend was being held hostage by Junsu. He heard from his bodyguard that Junsu seized a gun, which shockingly was given by Yunho. He thought Yunho would be his loyal minion but oh was he so wrong. That was why he ordered people to stop whatever Junsu was doing and he himself went to find Yunho and Changmin who had run away.

Jaejoong felt arms around his waist and he turned around. He looked at Yihan, his eyes were sad and still watery but he wasn’t crying anymore. Yihan caressed his pale cheeks which had looked much thinner now. Jaejoong stopped working for a while just for Junsu. He would stay in the same room with Junsu, talked and talked even though Junsu needed his rest more. The shock had made Junsu much weaker and everyday Yihan had to see Jaejoong blaming himself for it.

*

Junsu still aimed the gun towards Jaejoong’s direction when Yunho and Changmin escaped out of the door. Both of them didn’t dare to move for about minutes. Jaejoong watched Junsu, and Junsu kept his eyes alternately between the door and Jaejoong.

“Junsu…” Jaejoong’s voice sounded weak. Junsu bit his lip and with one shot, he damaged the camera that was in the room. Jaejoong was wide-eyed. Junsu threw the gun away. “…why?”

“I just want Changmin out of here. I can’t make him stay here when he’s all innocent.” Junsu said with a ragged breath. Jaejoong dropped on his knees and started to bawl his eyes out. It worried Junsu. “Jaejoong-ah…” Jaejoong didn’t answer. Instead he cried and cried on the floor without caring what was happening around him.

The door opened and a crowd of people rushed in. They were Yihan’s people. They went to Junsu, and one of them seized his wrist and wanted to handcuff him.

“No!” Jaejoong shrieked and jumped in front of Junsu. “Don’t take him away. Don’t do anything.” Jaejoong pushed Yihan’s personnel harshly and hugged Junsu. “Don’t touch him or else I’ll make sure he will kill you!”

Junsu was shocked but he said nothing. Jaejoong embraced Junsu and continued crying just like how he was doing before. Yihan’s men were confused but then they were forced to leave the room. Jaejoong didn’t let go of Junsu even if they were not there with them. He held on to Junsu, like Junsu was going to slip away from him.

*

Yihan held Jaejoong’s hand as they walked to Yihan’s limousine. Jaejoong entered first and he leaned on the leather seat. Yihan climbed into the transport and Jaejoong lied down on his lap. Yihan his hair, and wiped the tears off his cheek. Jaejoong closed his eyes. He still couldn’t bear the fact that Junsu had left him.

Jaejoong came to the funeral this morning. He put on Junsu’s suit that he had prepared specially and it still got Junsu’s scent on it. He even wore their necklace, one which had the couple locket. Junsu forcefully took it from him that fateful night and gave it to Dr Kang, and to return it back to Jaejoong when he left the world. What saddened Jaejoong the most was, Jaejoong noticed Junsu actually wore the necklace with the other half all this time even when they’re separated. He never took it off. He never got over them. He never forgets the bond that existed between them. When Dr Kang gave him the locket he couldn’t breathe anymore.

He stood there with the rest of Junsu’s family. The event even pulled the reporters over, and there would be news tonight about their reconciliation. They would make the greatest news because their friendship ended abruptly and then suddenly the nation was shocked by the story of Junsu’s death and then they showed Jaejoong ended up crying heavily in his funeral. Jaejoong just couldn’t stop the tears.

Yihan shifted his eyes downward and saw Jaejoong already drifted to sleep. He heaved a heavy sigh. Jaejoong had been pushing himself too far this time. He had not been eating, he had not been talking or getting out of his room except if it was really necessary. He bent down and kissed his forehead. He leaned back on the seat and closed his eyes. He still had more things to do today than just worrying about Jaejoong.

***

Yoochun watched his mother stood silently in front of Yoohwan’s memorial. His mother was silent but he knew her heart was bleeding inside and how she wanted to just wail in here. But she was a very secretive lady, and was very careful with everything that she does. She put the flowers beside Yoohwan’s picture and one tear slid off her right cheek. Yoochun bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from crying himself.

Both of them had lost Yoohwan.

Yoochun led his mother to go out from the memorial. He drove them home and then he went to hide himself in his own room. In his room, there was a new draft for his new comic. He sat down and supported his chin with both his knuckles. He looked at the picture of him and Yoohwan.

How could Yoohwan get liver cancer when both of them didn’t even drink one drop of alcohol? Was it himself in another life that drinks too much?

Yoochun closed his eyes, and tried to calm himself. He wouldn’t blame anyone. He would only have to swallow the bitter taste of life. He couldn’t have everything. He inhaled deeply, tried to contain the tears that started to pool in his eyes. He had been holding on to these tears since he left home this morning to pay Yoohwan respect. Yoohwan had gone away for a while now, but the wound that he left was still there in both their hearts.

Yoochun bit his lips, and started to weep. How could he stand being in here, smothered by fame and money when he couldn’t even save his own brother?

He missed Yoohwan already. He missed how Yoohwan was so protective of him even though he was the one that was sick. He was still protecting Yoochun until his last breathe. But he couldn’t protect himself from the disease that was eating him from inside. He didn’t survive and he passed away in their mother’s arms.

Yoochun touched the picture of them. He tried to smile when he saw Yoohwan’s smile, tried to tell himself to be strong whatever he does. He did, though. After Yoohwan died, all the money that was supposed to be used for Yoohwan’s treatment was given to a charity that Yoochun had established with the help of Dr Kang. The charity body also used the money that Junsu gave him that Yoochun didn’t want to use. He had had enough money for them to live. He wanted to give help to others with Yoohwan and Junsu’s condition. He knew they would want it too.

The tears still hadn’t stop when he looked down on his notebook. He pushed it away and put his head on the table and cried silently. When he started to wail, he put both hands on his own mouth to cover the sobbing that would come soon. His tears were wetting his eyes, and he knew tonight he would have hard time to sleep and tomorrow his eyes would be all puffy. But he didn’t care. He couldn’t care. He just wanted to cry this one off and then move on with his life. It would be hard but he would have to do it.

***

Jaejoong opened his eyes, and he found himself tucked neatly in his own bed, in his own apartment. Outside it was raining heavily.

He pushed himself up and rubbed his sore eyes. He looked around. He was alone. Yihan was not here. He was the one who brought him home, and now he left again. Jaejoong noticed Yihan had changed his suit into something more appropriate for him to sleep in. He looked at the small table and there was a bottle of water. He took it and drank from it.

He stood up, and went to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and as expected he looked hideous. He washed his face, and brushed his teeth. When he walked out of the bathroom he looked at the clock. It was three in the morning. He must have passed out like he had been drunk.

Yes, he was drunk of tears. He was exhausted, and he didn’t want to live anymore when Junsu left him.

But now he was wide awake. He brushed his hair and changed his clothes. Then he went out of his house and went to his car.

***

Yunho opened his eyes when he heard the sound of the bell ringing. He looked at the clock that was on his small table beside the bed, it was three in the morning. He switched on the table lamp and cringed when the light hit his sensitive eyes. He moved and groaned when his sick shoulder hit the bed post. He bit his teeth and walked to his front door.

He pressed the communicator and saw who was coming.

It wasn’t a surprise really, but this was too early for him to come here.

Yunho massaged the bridge of his nose. Should he let him in?

He had survived after Yihan’s men shot him. He survived the first time they shot him on the shoulder and ran quickly to his friend and picked up a bullet proof vest before he came to pick Changmin up at the restaurant. That was the only time he was grateful he was a lawyer after all. After he was shot, he ran away to the direction that Changmin went when he shouted for Changmin to save himself. He searched for Changmin everywhere but he was nowhere to be found. Even the locals didn’t see him at all.

It was like Changmin had vanished.

He was lucky he could get away, so he went to hide himself. There he texted Junsu that Changmin was missing. Junsu freaked out for a while but then he said Changmin might have returned.

Changmin might have returned.

That was one sentence that Yunho never understand up until now.

And then he ran again. He was like a runaway prisoner, a fugitive.

But an order came again. Yihan had made the announcement that he would let Yunho go, just like them. When Yunho knew it, Yihan personally came to his hiding place and said it to him. And right then he figured it out, Yihan would do anything that Jaejoong asked. Jaejoong had asked for his life to be spared. Jaejoong was the one who pulled all the strings, because Yihan would do everything that he said even if it’s not in his own best interest.

Yunho opened the door. He saw Jaejoong outside his door, pretty under a black umbrella. His face was as pale as he could remember, and he was staring straight at him.

“Let me in.” he said, and without further ado, he made his way in without waiting for Yunho to agree. Yunho closed the door behind them, and walked towards Jaejoong. He took the umbrella from Jaejoong’s hand and swiftly brushed Jaejoong’s cold hand with his. Jaejoong was still staring at him. Yunho closed the umbrella and put it in the case before he went to Jaejoong again. Yunho held Jaejoong’s face and kissed the bags that started to form underneath his eyes. The kiss was so tender that Jaejoong couldn’t help but fall for it.

Yunho held Jaejoong’s hand firmly and led him to his bedroom. There, Jaejoong kissed him like he was waiting for it forever. Yunho embraced him, and Jaejoong wrapped his arms around Yunho’s neck so that their kiss deepened.

***

Yoochun stared at his pen, looking at it intently.

He was going to write a new storyline for his comic. He didn’t know if it would work out or if people especially his fans will love it because it was about a boy band. It was a band of brothers, with five members just like his Five Warriors of the East.

He tapped the pen on the table.

Would he make it a happy ending just like how Five Warriors of the East when the five of them reunited and fought the evil kingdom together and gained victory? Or would he want to do a bitter ending like they had to separate to chase their separate dreams so that no one would end up hating himself?

I missed them so much. He suddenly heard Changmin’s voice inside his ears. I would do anything to be with them again, and be happy again.

Yoochun put the pen down. He closed his eyes and rubbed his jaw that now had soft bristles that he would shave tomorrow morning.

He had the options right now.

And he had to choose.

He smiled and he held the pen to start writing again.

time for some A/N

here's the answer to the question : why did the time between the two worlds are different, in the AU the time relapsed only two weeks, but months passed by in the real world?

I'm going to answer it in a very long explanation (if it's not long then it's not my work haha), so brace yourself.

After the split, changmin had always been wishing if things were different. then the universe granted all his wish but in another world, a world that he didn't know exist until he was involved in the accident. hence the tagline of the story *if you look closely in the poster of the story* which is 'be careful what you wish for'. even in the alternate universe changmin kept wishing. the universe will grant it but only for it to happen in the other world, which he wasn't currently in.

and one time changmin wished he wanted to stop time, because he was so dazed and confused being in that world. He had made the wish to stop time (remember he sings it to Gramps the Grumpy Kitten?) and the universe granted it, but in other world. so the time in DBSK world is stopped, wish granted.

as for who is actually with changmin in uri dbsk world, i will leave it to your imagination for which one do you like to be with uri changmin. ^^

p/s i will answer questions after this! haha and please don't kill me because the epilogue is so sad. i still have to work on stories though keke~

and please check out my new story 220! it's about DBSK (of course) and also Nu'est, my fav rookie group. this time it will be yoosu. junsu will become his secretary because i think it would be cute for him to be with yoochun hehe remember that one time junsu said he wants to become yoochun's secretary and then yoochun said it would be weird. i cracked up just thinking about it and voila i'm writing a story about it keke~

p/p/s it is a very looooooong journey with you guys! thank you for sticking with the story! i really really really appreciate it *sobs* and it was so long and complicated and i'm sorry i made it this way T__T

but i will still write stories so please look forward to it!

annyeong everyone! please see me in another story!