Chapter 17

In Another World

Changmin opened his eyes that felt like they were glued. He was so tired, his face was hurting and his whole body couldn't move as much as he wanted to. He tried to sit up with much force. He rubbed his eyes, and realised there was a branula on his left hand.

He looked around. There was the unfamiliar scent lingered around the room. There was a humidifier at a corner and a small sofa. Changmin knew it was a room in a hospital as he saw the outfit that he was wearing.

He was alone in the room. He clenched the bed sheet as hard as he could until his knuckles turned white. He touched his head and felt there was a bandage around it. He hit his head pretty badly. He didn't like it at all. Everything was so blurry. He was wondering why he was there all alone.

And then he remembered that he wasn't alone before?

Where was Yunho-hyung?

He searched for something like his hand phone but found nothing. Who was in charge of him right now?

But wait!

Is this the other universe or was he back in his own world?

Changmin shifted his position to jump out of the bed. He pushed down the barrier and stepped down the bed.

"Omo!" he turned around t see a nurse rushing towards him. "Changmin-ssi, you're awake!"

"Oh, Yeon Hee," looking at the nurse Changmin knew he was in the alternate universe, a new term for the world. He was relieved to feel alive again but he was scared because he had to spend another day in the alternate universe. But he was pretty sure he was too attached to Junsu that he didn't know he would cope to losing this Junsu soon.

"Are you feeling okay today?" asked Yeon Hee. Her soft voice was soothing to Changmin's ears. Changmin smiled and nodded to her. She put a glass of water and a pill in a small plate on the table near the bed. "Here's the pain killer, you'll need it soon,"

"Thank you." Yeon Hee nodded. "But, aren’t you a nurse in Dr Kang's office?"

"Oh." Yeon Hee smiled. "I only worked part time there," Changmin nodded. He took the medicine and consumed it with the plain water. Yeon Hee watched Changmin as he finished the drink in one go. "Are you thirsty? I can fetch some more water for you,"

"Will you? Umm, thanks." Yeon Hee went out of the room leaving Changmin alone again. Changmin touched his bandaged head and felt like the pill had finally took effect. He was a lot better and his eyes could see more clearly now. He yawned and looked at the door. Yeon Hee was back with a jar of water and a glass. Changmin bowed down to show his gratitude before he poured himself a glass of water. It seemed like he was so dehydrated. Yeon Hee didn't move, she just stood there watching Changmin. "Do you know who brought me here?"

"Ah...I think according to the commotion last night it was Lawyer Jung,"

"Really? Is he in hospital right now?"

"He was injured too but he refused to be admitted. I wasn't here, but Dr Kang was. He said right after he asked the emergency team to take care of you, he went away,"

"Bwoh?" Yeon Hee nodded. "I didn't know you're close to Lawyer Jung, Changmin-ssi,"

"Just call me Changmin." Changmin cut him off. It was almost uncomfortable to hear someone he knew so well to constantly call him that. "Better yet, call me oppa. You're younger than me, right?" Yeon Hee's bright eyes widened.

"How-how did you know?"

"I just know," Changmin smirked and tapped a finger on his head. "Psychic," both of them laughed. "And then he went away? I mean...did he come alone or...?"

"I heard he came alone, but then no one saw his car. He's pretty famous so that's why people talk about his car," Changmin sighed. Was Yunho still in captive? Was Yunho only allowed to leave to send him to hospital? "Why, oppa? Who hits you?"

"Bad guys."

"Bad guys?" Yeon Hee's confused face made Changmin smiled. "Ah, I think I spent too much time with you here. And please don't tell anyone I call you oppa during work!" Yeon Hee bowed down and waltzed away. Changmin scratched his bandaged head and felt like he wanted to doze off again.

Not until he saw someone so familiar it made his heart stopped for a while.

He rose up from his seat and chased the young man, who was wearing hospital outfit just like him.

"Yoohwan?" Changmin blurted out and the boy turned around. He was pale and skinnier than how Changmin remembered him to be. Yoohwan watched him in amusement, might be because the stranger knew his name or because he didn't want to talk to anyone right then. Changmin approached him and Yoohwan who was holding his fluid stand backed away a step.

"Annyeong." Yoohwan bowed down, always the polite one even with the strangers. Changmin bowed back. It was rather strange. Usually when he met Yoohwan, they wouldn't bow they hugged and bumped their fists. Yoohwan was Yoochun's younger brother and was as cheeky as Yoochun too.

"Yoohwan, right? Park Yoohwan?" Yoohwan nodded cautiously. Then Changmin held out his hand. He was delighted to meet someone who was younger than him. "My name is Shim Changmin." Yoohwan didn't say anything but he took Changmin's hand. "I know your brother," Yoohwan's curious face turned to contempt. He snatched his hand away.

"What do you know? You want to hurt my brother?" Changmin was taken aback.

His heart had become weak since he lived here in this world. Everything was so shocking and confusing. They were so different.

"I'm not. Why do I want to hurt your brother?" Yoohwan didn't say anything but his hurtful expression gave away something that was unspeakable. Changmin shut his mouth. Yoohwan pulled the fluid holder with him and walked away from him. "Yoohwan!" Yoohwan didn't turn around. Changmin followed him, he didn't care if the younger boy didn't want him to. He knew if Yoohwan was here, sooner or later Yoochun would come to visit Yoohwan. That would be the most suitable time to meet Yoochun.

"Don't follow me. Hyung doesn't like people who took advantage of me because of him." Yoohwan said sternly while his eyes pierced a big hole through Changmin's lanky body.

"Why are you here?" Changmin asked out of concern. Yoohwan didn't answer. "You know...I just want to talk about your hyung with you, can I?"

"No. I said he didn't like it if people take advantage on me..."

"I know, I know. But trust me..."

"I don't trust people. All of you always wanted to hurt hyung. Go away,"

"Yoohwan!"

"It's not like we had known each other for years, Changmin-ssi." Yoohwan bowed down and scrammed away. Changmin was dumbfounded.

It's not like we had known each other for years, he said. The stabbing pain in his heart returned again.

***

He waited and waited at the bed of his own. He let the door of the room opened even though there were times the nurses came and closed it and glared at Changmin as they did so.

He was glad when Yeon Hee entered his room. She already changed into casual outfits and told him that her shift had ended. She would accompany him for a while now before someone finally claimed to be his caretaker.

"Did my hyung, Kim Junsu come?" Yeon Hee shook her head.

"Dr Kang told him already but I don't hear much later. Probably Junsu-ssi will come later to see you," Changmin pouted. He wanted answers, and if he didn't get one from Yunho he would want one from Junsu. "Do you miss him that much?"

"Who?"

"Junsu-ssi." Yeon Hee smirked like she was teasing him. "Hey, Dr Kang suspected something between you and him,"

"He's my guardian." Changmin tried to hide it but found himself blushing to the max. Yeon Hee pouted and tied her hair up. She was attractive when her long hair down, but cuter when her hair was up. Her round face made her looked childish.

"What happened actually? Did your memory come back?"

"No." Changmin shook his head. He wasn't sure if it's appropriate to tell Yeon Hee about his encounter with the kidnappers.

One thing for sure that Changmin had concluded himself, Yunho was involved with Jin Yihan and now was under captive. He somehow had a history with Jaejoong, like how their conversations suggested.

What kind of history he wondered?

"Dr Kang wanted to meet you after this. He said he had sent your imaging files to a radiologist and the results had come. He liked to tell you about it," Yeon Hee read from her phone. Changmin nodded. He suddenly was nervous when he heard he was going to hear the results of the test. But would the results be any significance of how to go back to his world?

He didn't think so.

"Yeon Hee-ah,"

"Hm?" Yeon Hee put down her cell phone.

"Do you know the comic Five Warriors of the East?"

"Oh. Micky Yoochun drew it, right?" Changmin nodded. "I've read one volume and that's it. I'm not into comics," Changmin was disappointed but who could blame her? She was a woman and the comic was not a genre favoured by women her age. "But my brother loves the comics so much. I knew about it because I used to buy them for him."

"Really?" he wondered how someone as sweet as Yeon Hee had a brother. The brother must be pampered so much by his sister.

"And that's how I ended up reading one. But not my cup of tea, sorry." she chuckled lightly. When Changmin didn't join and just smiled, she blushed. "Ah, sorry. I just..."

"It's okay. I love your laugh, by the way." Changmin beamed. "Thank you for telling me about Dr Kang. It felt like I was all alone in this world and then I met you,"

"Ah, it's my job. My first time actually meeting someone like you," Yeon Hee fiddled with her hands. "Dr Kang actually wanted me to look after you,"

"I don't need someone to babysit me,"

"Oh trust me, you need to. Or else you would end up lost somewhere in Seoul. You don't even remember that you'd lost your memory, am I right?" Changmin was at loss of words. He stared at Yeon Hee and shrugged.

"I guess you're right." Changmin said and threw his gaze out of the door to see if Yoohwan or miraculously Yoochun appeared passing by it.

***

Dr Kang came by to see him later that evening. Yeon Hee had left to tend for her mother and Changmin was all alone again when he came. The singer was still wondering when Junsu would come to see him. He had so many questions to ask him, and he wanted to pour his fear out to Junsu. He was still afraid of what happened despite the mask of calmness that he put on when the medical authorities came to check on him. He just couldn't drop down the coolness that he had, it was natural for him because he was trained for it for years. He was always picked on by the managers and always felt like he was so exhausted only to be teased about it by the coordi noonas. He was hurt and afraid if he didn't do well but he had to hide everything behind a stoic mask. He didn't want the fans to know what he was feeling.

Maybe venting to Junsu would help him ease the pain and fear. It might feel like he was pouring his heart out at his beloved members. In his world he talked to Yoochun a lot about his insecurities and cried a lot too. He told Junsu too and the tenor would tell him a joke to make him feel better. He always succeeds because then the maknae would want to smile and laugh again.

He wondered what this Junsu would do.

Dr Kang took out a file of his medical reports. He looked tired.

"After the radiologist took a look of your imagings, actually there's nothing that can be of concern. Your head is perfectly fine. No haemorrhage, no fractures, tumours or infections." Dr Kang scanned his face to find something that Changmin wasn't sure of. "Do you remember anything?"

"I was in an accident. A car accident." Dr Kang was very interested in this. "I was driving a car and there's another transport, I don't remember what that was, maybe a bigger car,"

"You survived the accident without any scratch on your body." Changmin furrowed his brows. He couldn't make out if Dr Kang was asking a question or making a statement.

"No scratch on my body," he replied out of confusion.

"There should be one."

"..."

"But I've made examination on you, and hadn't meet any." Dr Kang pressed his forefinger on his own chin, his brows hooked as if he was thinking really, really hard. Changmin looked down, unable to say anything. He knew that he should tell the doctor more but would he believe him?

Speaking of which, it was a miracle that Junsu actually believed what he said.

"But you had a really bad headache, right?"

"Yes. Two times. Both of them I hadn't drink alcohol or not having enough sleep or anything,"

"How's the pain?"

"Sharp. Like someone hit your head with a knife. It lasted for minutes." Dr Kang wrote something on a book he brought. "Do you think my headache had something to do with the accident?"

"Maybe, it's possible even if you had nothing abnormal on the imagings." Dr Kang sighed. "Maybe we should wait. That's the only symptom you had? No vomiting? Nausea?" Changmin shook his head. "How's your vision?"

"I'm perfectly fine except for the two headaches I get." Changmin said, his voice flat. Dr Kang scratched his ear and nodded. He then shrugged and looked around the room.

"Junsu's not here yet?" Changmin shook his head. "Hmm...He should be." the doctor smiled. Changmin smiled too. "You have to be careful with your head, Changmin-ssi. The injury was quite bad, as I've seen it last night,"

"Do you tell the tests' results to hyung?"

"Of course. He requested me to, but that was before. Do you not want me to relay your medical information to him?" Changmin thought for a while and shook his head.

"I'm fine with it. But if it's too bad, I wanted you to ask me first. I don't want to worry him. He had had a lot in his minds," Dr Kang smirked.

"I guess you must have missed him so much."

"I do." Changmin sighed. "What?" Changmin realised Dr Kang was searching something on his face.

"I'm telling you this not as a doctor, Changmin-ah, but as Junsu's friend." Changmin blinked several times. "Be careful with him. Don't get too attached,"

***

Dr Kang's words startled Changmin so much that he couldn't say anything after that. At least two people told him to be careful and not be too close to Junsu.

In his world, Junsu was never a threat. Well, at least not until he said he's leaving them behind.

Dr Kang and Yunho told him to be careful.

Changmin shook his head. Too much for his injured head to think. He rested his head on the pillow and closed his eyes. He couldn't understand why Junsu would do that to him. Why would Junsu hide the fact that he's once close to Jaejoong?

He waited for a while again. He couldn't contact Junsu because he had no cell phone with him. He closed his eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

a/n finally Yoohwan appeared!

when will Changmin meet Yoochun? soon of course!

and I'm sorry for making Jaejoong as evil like that, but I've given warning before keke~ he would be a lot colder and creepier :D