Chapter 45

In Another World

Yunho was perplexed when Junsu requested to meet Changmin alone. Didn't he know how scary the boy was when someone wakes him up in the middle of the night? Junsu should know better; he spent most of their overseas stay in the same hotel room with Changmin and they often shared the same bed.

Yunho walked to the door and pushed it a bit open. He didn't mean to pry on their privacy but he couldn't help but feeling curious. He took his cell phone and quickly texted Jaejoong and Yoochun about Junsu's whereabouts.

It was weird that Junsu suddenly popped up like that and requested to see Changmin, alone.

It's a blessing Changmin didn't learn the truth about Junsu's initial suggestion for them to leave the company.

He stood there stealthily, peeking through the small opening of the door, but with a clear vision of Junsu and Changmin.

***

Junsu stood beside Changmin's bed, taking in the beauty of the sleeping man. He looked so peaceful and his swollen face had toned down a bit. Junsu ran his fingers on Changmin's face, and one by one the wound on his face was caressed. He kissed the top of Changmin's head. He watched Changmin for a while, when the maknae shifted a bit.

"Junsu-hyung..." he mumbled even though his eyes weren't opened. Junsu smiled down at him. He bent down slightly and softly he sealed his lips on Changmin's. The kiss was so soft that Changmin didn't even budge.

As Junsu deepen his kiss, Changmin started to wake up. He moaned beneath the kiss, and initially he returned the kiss instinctively. He opened his eyes and saw Junsu. He gasped, thus lightly he pushed Junsu away from him.

"Hyung!" Changmin sat up straight. Junsu gave him a bit more space to move. "Junsu-hyung!" Junsu smiled, and even in the almost darkness surrounded them Changmin could see it. Changmin touched Junsu's cheek. "Are you for real?"

"I am here." Changmin pulled Junsu into an embrace, tighter than usually was. He buried his face in Junsu's shoulder, clinging desperately to his Junsu.

They hugged each other for as long as Changmin could remember. The younger man didn't want to let go, because he let go of him once. He regretted by letting both Junsus go. But if he didn't run away with Yunho, he would never return here.

"Hyung..." Changmin felt his voice cracked.

"Hmm?"

"I miss you."

"Me too." Junsu released Changmin from his embrace and both of them stared into each other's eyes. Changmin swallowed as he tried to find any hints of Junsu from the other world in his Junsu. He touched Junsu's cheek and trailed his fingers down and rested them on his chin. He studied Junsu's face eagerly. "He's not here."

"Him?" Junsu took Changmin's hand and squeezed it. Changmin was getting the gist of something but he wasn't quite sure yet.

"Junsu." Changmin's heart stopped. He stared down at Junsu, unable to respond when he heard the man recited his own name. However, he knew the man meant otherwise. "I saw you."

"..." Changmin's mouth was opened but no words came out. Junsu smiled a small smile, and caressed Changmin's cheek lightly.

"Changmin...what are you going to hear is something that is not normal..."

"Tell me!" Changmin pushed. "Tell me! Whatever it is!" he was eager to know if this Junsu, right in front of him is Junsu, the one that he loved in the alternate world. "Are you...are you...?"

"Changmin-dola..." Junsu's voice cracked. "I'm not him. You might think with the kiss that I'm him but I'm not."

Tears started to prick Changmin's eyes. Junsu touched the skin  beneath the younger man's eyes to stop the tears.

"I am your Junsu. I am not the Junsu that you loved."

"But...but, how...?" Changmin couldn't arrange the words. His mind was boggled by the authentic nature of the universe that was playing with their fate, his and Junsu's. He was baffled and confused and he needed more explanation.

"Didn't he tell you he met me?"

Changmin's mouth gaped open.

"You really met him?" Junsu nodded. "And you believed it?" Junsu looked down and sighed silently.

"If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I wouldn't." Junsu chuckled a bit, just to ease his troubled heart and mind so that he could look at Changmin again, this time he could feel his flesh, touched it. Caressed it, kissed it.

"I was with him for a while. Did Yunho tell you about me collapsing?" Changmin nodded. "I was...what did they call it? Transported, maybe to that world. The world where all the things were the same but yet it wasn't."

"You mean the world I was in?" again, Junsu nodded. Changmin gasped. "How did you arrive there? I mean...oh my God. Was you...?"

"No, Changmin, I'm not him. Junsu in that world is Junsu, and not me. I am Junsu from this world."

"Oh." just like Yoochun, Changmin thought. He was only there with his soul, just like how Yoochun was here. "And you saw me?"

"I was very close to the Junsu."

Changmin felt like slapping himself. He was so embarrassed. Since when did Junsu was stuck together with that Junsu? If it was true, it would be too shameful for him to handle. "You are in love with him." Changmin blushed, but he felt not the need to deny. He was definitely undeniably in love with Junsu, but not the one in front of him. "I'm sorry to invade your privacy but I saw everything. Even he didn't know that, because after I talked to him he didn't know my soul kept following him."

"You followed him?"

"Of course. Don't you think I should? It's just natural that I followed the person that I am in other universe." Junsu smiled, and Changmin blushed violently again. What did Junsu see? Until when Junsu see? "I...umm..."

"Stop it right there. You can't tell anyone about this, please."

"I see both of you fall in love with each other. It's weird to see myself falling in love with you, though but...I could really see that he cares too much for you." Changmin was touched, and he fought the tears that build up so hard. "I never saw the expression on your face before like how I see you with him. You are so in love, so smitten," Changmin nodded.

"I'm in love with him. Like, so in love."

"I know." Junsu pulled Changmin into an embrace again. Changmin closed his eyes and tried to imagine it was Junsu, the one that he's in love with.

But it was hard. Even though their appearance looked exactly the same, they didn't bring out the same emotion in him. Junsu in the other world hugged him differently and would shower him with kisses and endlessly, ruffled his hair lovingly and made love to him. Changmin broke down, because his heart couldn't take it anymore.

"I love him. Junsu-hyung, I love him."

"I know, I know,"

"Can I see him again?"

"Changmin..." Junsu released Changmin. "He passed away."

Changmin felt like the world's weight had crushed him, breaking him into pieces harshly. He stared down at Junsu, his vision blurry and his chest felt tightened.

"Wh-what?"

"I'm sorry..."

"How did you know? You lied to me!" Changmin pushed Junsu, suddenly felt enraged because of the unexpected news.

"I am connected to him, Changmin. I personally met him and that made the bond between us even stronger,"

"You can't be serious!"

"I'm sorry." Changmin shook his head. He sobbed loudly, he just couldn't believe that Junsu had left him just like that. And the strangest part was, his Junsu was the one who broke the news to him. "I really am. I'm sorry..."

"Then, what can I do now?" Changmin hiccupped. "What should I do? I only wished to see him smile again..." Changmin put both his hands on his heart that was hurting. His tears rolled down mercilessly as he wept uncontrollably. Junsu embraced him and kissed the top of his head. He too was saddened by the fact Junsu had left his lover in that manner.

Everything felt so absurd. Junsu too couldn't fathom what was happening to him when he first transported to the world. He was shocked to see Changmin there, in alternate Junsu's house teasing and playing with Junsu in front of the television. The last thing that he remembered was he learned about Changmin's disappearance and passed out. When he woke up, he saw Changmin and himself together. So, he decided to follow that Junsu always. He watched as Junsu kissed Changmin and cooked things that he himself would never do for the maknae. He saw how he treated Changmin as a princess. He even saw how Junsu woke up in the middle of the night in Changmin's arms and spent hours staring lovingly at Changmin before he fell asleep again.

There was time when he and Changmin fought, and Junsu could hear Jaejoong's name came out. Junsu couldn't exactly pinpoint what's the deal that they were talking about but they were pretty serious. And after that Junsu would see him sulked in the corner while Changmin wailed inside the house. Both of them were hurting after any fight and they often fought. He would go outside and composed a song and then when he was sure Changmin fell asleep already he would come in and kissed Changmin goodnight before he tucked Changmin in bed properly.

Junsu didn't think he would meet him face to face but he did. Junsu didn't know the mechanism but suddenly both of them were in this dark place and only the two of them in that same space. He knew Junsu knew about Changmin, and Junsu asked him to return Changmin back to where he belongs. He nodded, agreed immediately.

'I would not be around for him for long,' he said with a sad smile that didn't even reach his eyes. 'Thank you for lending him to me to cheer me up in my short life. I'm grateful to be loved again when he was here, and I'm happy that I'm able to love again because of him.'

Junsu wiped his own tears with the back of his hand. Changmin was still crying foolishly in his embrace.

"He told me to look for you. And please stop crying for him..." Junsu said. Changmin sobbed louder.

"He always said that, but he always ended up making me cry over him!" Junsu rubbed Changmin's shoulders, and kissed Changmin's forehead again.

"He will be sad, Changmin if he saw you like this."

"But what can I do?"

"I'm still here."

"You can't replace him." Changmin said harshly but Junsu knew it was true. They were the same person, yet they weren't and Changmin was smart to differentiate both of them very well.

"I know. But, he told me to take care of you..."

"You can't do that when all you care about is leaving me..." Junsu nodded and a tear left him. He knew the separation would take its toll on them, and it's already happening. He Changmin's hair carefully, like Changmin was so delicate, so fragile. Well, that was the state of his heart right now.

"I'll come back."

"Don't lie."

"Changmin..."

"I'm tired of your..."

"Don't you trust me anymore? Don't you trust your hyung anymore?" Changmin was silent. "I am in pain too, Changmin-ah. Don't you know how worried I was when I heard about you? I am worried like a mother when I know you're gone. But fate made me met him, and I knew you're okay with him."

"..." Changmin wanted to retaliate but words had left him.

"He told me if you leave him, look for him in me. He knew he had not done well, but he loved you. He didn't want you to be sad, because he had to let you go. He said he's sorry.

"But you're strong, Changmin. He will live, always keep that faith that he would always live inside me and your heart." Junsu held Changmin tighter. Changmin pulled his gaze elsewhere as his breathe became ragged. "He'll live, inside your heart."

***

Yunho was dumbfounded by what he saw in Changmin's room. He couldn't believe what he just heard and what he just witnessed.

Junsu kissed Changmin? And the kiss was on the lips!

Yunho's back was against the door and he tried really hard to catch his breath when he listened to the bizarre conversation between the two youngest members. What had Changmin experienced when he was gone that he cried so much like that? He was acting weirdly when he woke up too.

Yunho looked at the phone that was in his hand. Both Yoochun and Jaejoong didn't reply to his texts, it might be because it was too late now. They might be sleeping. Yunho wanted to know more but because he couldn't understand any of it, he decided to let it go. Furthermore, Changmin begged Junsu to keep it a secret, so it applied to Yunho too.

It was an outrageous conversation but really, Changmin was deeply affected by it. He never cried like that before. He never let himself lost control like that, especially not in front of people.

And Junsu too wanted to talk privately with Changmin. Junsu must think the topic was really a secretive one that even he, as Junsu's best friend couldn't know about it. They used to share everything, even the story of their break up.

Yunho walked to the couch where he left the ramyun, which now had cooled off. He sat there for a while, contemplating and guessing what actually happened but his head couldn't even come up with an idea.

***

Changmin woke up that night in Junsu's embrace. Changmin pushed Junsu lightly, and the singer smiled at him. Changmin froze, and for a while he thought it was Junsu.

His Junsu.

Their name had been turned around.

The one he loved, he would call him his Junsu. And the one in front of him, the one that was in reality, the one who loved him but not as much as his Junsu did would be only Junsu. Kim Junsu, . Kim Junsu, his best friend for all these years, who guided him when he was still young and now still here right in his arms.

I wished I could see Junsu-hyung's smile again.

The universe had granted that wish to him, even if it wasn't his Junsu's. He was satisfied.

He was back in the real world, and now he would start again.

Junsu promised they would come back again to him, because he promised his own self to make Changmin happy. He promised to make Changmin on top of the world again and be with him again after all this chaos ended even if it would be a very long and windy road ahead. Both of them knew it would be that way, but Changmin promised to wait and Junsu would work hard to return.

Both of them promised the alternate Junsu they would be happy.

"Good morning." Junsu smiled at him. Changmin smiled back. "Your bad habit in bed wasn't there anymore. You barely moved during sleep." Changmin laughed.

"I slept in his arms. He made me like that," Changmin replied which made Junsu chuckled.

"Such a smitten kitten," teased Junsu. "He really got you. And I thought you like to bully me, but my other me changed you."

"Whatever," Changmin rubbed his sleepy eyes. He wasn't used to fight with his Junsu when he woke up, because most of the time he woke up alone to the smell of his breakfast.

And it was weird to sleep in a room with walls, and not open space like how his Junsu's house was. Somehow he felt a bit claustrophobic but this was what they chose not long ago.

"Yunho-hyung will find a place to move and I'll be living with my parents for a while before SM starts giving us work." said Changmin. "Don't be gone too long. I'll miss you." that made Junsu smile.

"I won't. I'll miss you too." Junsu stood up and without warning, Changmin flung himself and hugged Junsu from behind. Junsu was startled but he let him be.

He knew Changmin had been missing his lover and the closest that he could get was him.

That moment, Jaejoong and Yoochun arrived to see Changmin. Yunho already prepared their breakfast in the kitchen when the soul mates knocked on their door. Yunho was grateful to see both of them coming secretively without bothering the disciplinary action that they would get if they got caught.

Jaejoong pushed the door lightly and gasped when he saw Changmin hugged Junsu. Both of them didn't even notice that Jaejoong and Yoochun were watching them being close to each other. Changmin's face was close to Junsu's shoulder and Junsu held Changmin's hands, squeezing them tight. Junsu turned around, and both of them hugged each other again.

It looked like it was hard for Changmin to let him go.

Jaejoong and Yoochun retreated because it would be too awkward to barge in when they were being all clingy to each other.

"It is such a situation, right?" Yunho asked Jaejoong when he saw the shocked look on Jaejoong's face. Yoochun nodded.

"Never thought Changmin would think of Junsu like that."

"He is his favourite hyung after all." Yunho replied.

"They looked more than that," Jaejoong commented. Yunho let out a scoff but then immediately composed himself. "Don't you think so, Yunho?"

"Hyung, let's not make the issue complicated." Yoochun quickly reasoned. Their issue with SM was not over and they wouldn't be ready yet for another chaos.

"But..." Jaejoong glanced at the direction of Changmin's room, and his eyes widened when he saw both of them were walking out of the room. Changmin jumped when he saw Jaejoong and Yoochun. The three of them hugged, Changmin being squished in the middle.

"Don't break your promises to me." Changmin warned when he saw Jaejoong and Yoochun's face. "Do your thing and come back to us."

"Have faith in us," Jaejoong said and Changmin smiled. "We'll do the best we can."

"But for now we're going to be apart." Changmin said, even if it was monotonously uttered, Jaejoong and Yoochun nearly choked. Junsu pulled his gaze elsewhere. Yunho stepped forward.

"Let's work hard." he said, forever rational, like a leader should be. "Let's show the world what we're made of."

Changmin looked down and nodded.

"And by the way," Jaejoong suddenly said. "What about you and Changmin?" Jaejoong asked Junsu. Junsu lifted an eyebrow and looked at Changmin. Changmin was silent. Junsu then took Changmin's hand and looked at the other three of them.

Junsu smirked, and while Changmin smiled sheepishly.

A/N there you go, and there's only one chapter left which is the EPILOGUE!!!aaah i'm so excited yet so sad that the story had come to an end, and it was a very looooooong journey though. didn't think the story would be this long. hehe~

by the way, why isn't there anyone who wanted to answer my question on how the time between the two worlds were different? TT__TT i'm sad, but i will tell you guys why in the next and the last chapter! huahahaha

p/s so what do you think? is this junsu from other world or the original junsu? hehe~!