Chapter 32

In Another World

Changmin came in to the cat spa the next day, his body was tired because he's been with Junsu the entire day. Junsu and he made love but there were no feelings in it. Changmin would say they were making love but he couldn't say the same about Junsu. Junsu was hesitant and his thoughts were somewhere else even though basically his body was one with Changmin. It hurts Changmin.

"Why the long face?" Kyuhyun asked, as he was always the one who could be bothered by Changmin. Everyone else in the spa practically avoided Changmin on daily basis.

"Nothing." but Kyuhyun could easily tell it wasn't but he's not going to push Changmin if he didn't want to explain. It's better this way and that was how they achieved a mutual pact. If what Kyuhyun asked was off limit, Changmin would refuse to say any further.

"Lawyer Jung appeared on TV this morning, do you happen to know?"

"No. What happened?"

"Umm...I don't know that much detail, but it seems like Lawyer Jung was a bit aggressive in arresting the smugglers that use the sea route."

"Sea route?"

"Might be Lawyer Jung that figured out the schedule of the smugglers and acted on his own."

"Acted on his own?" Changmin parroted.

"Well, as far that I had understood, police weren't there and he was going to reveal everything, just before the officer that was in charge stopped him."

"Like, caught on camera?"

"I don't know. Maybe." Kyuhyun shrugged. Kyuhyun sat down on the chair and watched Changmin who was thinking hard. "Have you met him lately?"

"Me? With Yunho-hyung?" Changmin remembered the incidence of two nights before. All of a sudden, Changmin felt a sudden rush of blood went to his face. Kyuhyun who was watching smirked, even though Changmin had told him again and again there's no way there could be any relationship more than friends with Yunho.

But now Changmin didn't even know anymore. He was puzzled by Yunho's action that night that he could barely sleep. He tossed and the bed after he said goodbye to Yunho, unable to calm his raging heart. He was drowned in puzzlement and he knew for sure it would take a really long time to solve it. He had only figured out his feelings on Junsu, how he was madly in love with him and contented by only Junsu giving his attention to him.

"But let's say, Changmin-ah..." Kyuhyun fiddled with his fingers that were on top of the table. Changmin replied with a 'hm'. "What would you do if Yunho really feels what we thought he felt about you?" Changmin let out a nervous chuckle.

"What...?"

"You can't deny it. It's not a way a hyung should look at you. I think he's in love with you!" Kyuhyun speculated.

But he loves Jaejoong!

 And again, who didn’t?

Changmin shook his head.

"You're imagining things." Changmin pushed his hair back and sighed. The incidence where Yunho kissed him came back fresh in his mind.

He couldn't be in love with me, right? It would be impossible.

"Don't try to let things smooth by just like that. Try asking him. You don't have any boyfriend as of now, right?"

"You can't ask me to do that when you don't even know if I like girls or boys!" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and smirked, knowingly. Changmin felt like punching him in the face because he guessed them right and he knew it.

"But seriously, Changmin. Will you accept him? Let's stay neutral then, like… if you're a girl?"

"If I were a girl?" Changmin scratched the bridge of his nose. "I can't let you know that. It's private. Plus, you know everything about me, but I had not the slightest hint about your personal life." Kyuhyun laughed loudly at this. "Or are you becoming some sort of a private detective for Yunho-hyung?"

"Oh please, like I would."

***

Changmin went to Yoochun's house after announcing to him that he'd be there after he'd finish his job at the cat spa. Yoochun welcomed him with opened arms, and Changmin had never felt the family atmosphere as much as was with Yoochun's family. Yoohwan seemed like he was recovering a bit by the palliative treatment that the doctor gave him. Yoochun's mom was very friendly, and she was a very good host. She prepared delicious food for the family and even cooked extra delicacies for Changmin's enjoyment.

Yoohwan, even though he gave the coldest treatment to Changmin he was less severe than before. He had smiles on and laughed whenever there were jokes cracked. That was when Changmin realised that the two siblings were very close as they shared a lot more with non-verbal words rather than words because Yoohwan was too fragile for talking. Changmin didn't know the extent of his disease and he's not Sherlock Holmes either but one didn't need to be a doctor to see that Yoohwan was barely holding on. Yoochun and his mother were taking their own time with him, they weren't in a rush. They knew Yoohwan was going to leave them soon, and they were going to make good memories with him as much as possible. Changmin's appearance all of a sudden was an unexpected thing, and Changmin wanted so much to not become one of Yoohwan's unpleasant memories.

Changmin found out that Yoohwan didn't like anchovies like he did so he took the chances to finish Yoohwan's proportion. Yoochun and his mother found it amusing that Changmin could eat so much. Yoohwan on the other hand, was delighted because finally there was someone who could eat all the food that he couldn't manage to eat. He was sorry that his mother had to see the food that she cooked with much love wasted just like that because he couldn't eat them. It's not because the food wasn't delicious, it was because sometimes during meals his tummy couldn't accept more than necessary. It had been that way for a while. It's such a relief to see someone who could eat his mom's cooking, even if it's only for a while.

When the family and Changmin finished their dinner, Changmin stayed for a while to wait for the last bus of the day. He didn't want to be alone in a big apartment. He asked Yoochun and Yoohwan and their mother to go to Junsu's concert but Yoochun politely declined. He said he didn't want to meet people because any occasion like that made him upset and anxious. His experience was a whole lot scary; Changmin wondered if his Yoochun would face the same thing if he breaks out from the company they were in. He wondered if his three hyungs would face the horrible treatment once they're out.

"I'm sorry to ask but hyung..." Changmin and Yoochun were at the rooftop of the house, and Changmin helped himself a portion of Yoochun's mom left over stew and kimchi. Surprisingly Yoochun didn't drink or smoke, two things that were supposed to be his forte. His Yoochun was quite a drinker and he smoked a lot during stressful times. Yoochun talked to him with company of soda and fruit juice. "For how long had you survived in the midst of the controversy? Your abandonment?" Yoochun thought for a while, his eyes started glistening and Changmin quickly felt guilty for asking.

"It's a tough time." Yoochun's voice quivered. "But when I think of it, that time made me more matured, and closer to my family. I now know the person that I could trust, even if it's only a few." Yoochun sighed as if a very heavy burden had just being brought down from his broad shoulders. Changmin observed from the side, noticing that there was a slight difference in Yoochun's built compared to his Yoochun. His Yoochun always looked strong yet he's so sensitive and a cry-baby, but this Yoochun looked fragile but he's tough on the inside. His eyes were wet but he didn't cry. He lifted his head and met his eyes with Changmin's. He gave the younger man a smile.

"Do you think when you're in dark times, that perhaps you couldn't get out of it?"

Surprisingly, Yoochun chuckled.

"Yoohwan gave me the strength to live again. I am his hyung, if I lose the will to live, who will take care of him?" Yoochun's words hit Changmin.

Suddenly he was reminded of his sisters. What about his own parents in his world? They must be worried sick.

He had been so worried about his hyungs, always thinking about them but him almost forgotten about his own family, his own blood. He gasped, how could he be so heartless?

"How...how can I return? How did you return here, hyung?" Yoochun closed his eyes for a while, and he inhaled a ragged breath. Yoochun's brows knitted and then he opened his eyes again.

"It's been years since I came back here. But I still remember the moment I came back from the coma. My soul in the other world suddenly remembered Yoohwan and my parents, that Yoohwan was sick."

"Why did only your soul was brought there?" Yoochun smiled, there was a hint of sorrow in it.

"Because before I was hit in the accident, I wished I was away. I wished that I could fall asleep and just let me escape everything."

Yoochun played with his fringe, and it seemed that he was anxious. "I just wanted to break away, and suddenly the accident happened." Yoochun closed his eyes again, his hands on his forehead. "I was driving after I got a call from my late father, saying Yoohwan was sick. They needed me to come home."

He turned towards Changmin.

"That was the first time they asked me to come home. I knew right then it was serious, because Yoohwan was really, really sick. I was speeding that particular night, and I was carrying the burden of my own careers back. The editors were preying on my unpublished illustrations, the one I kept hidden because of the story line."

He saw Changmin's face changed. He smiled weakly.

"It was about politics, in Lost in Time. And also two lovers, that also happened to be famous people in their homeland."

"What's so controversial about it? Politics are what made the world go around, right?" Yoochun chuckled lightly, amused at Changmin's reaction.

"It was about a famous politician back then. But right now, I can't tell if it's true or not. I just drew what I felt right that time, and I just briefly put the idea in it. The editors paid people to finish my story, and they exaggerated it a bit and when the public was enraged, I had to take the blame."

"That. Was. So unfair."

"You will meet people like that in your life, Changmin. The society is a cruel world, if you don't have the heart to eat others, they will devour you alive."

Changmin swallowed. He quickly drank from the glass before him before he choked on the mushrooms that were in the stew he was eating. Yoochun was silent for a while.

"I would be missing you, Changmin if you leave here and return."

Changmin was puzzled, but he kept listening.

"Do you remember the last thing that you wished for before your accident?"

***

'What could be the last thing?'

'I remembered everything just before my soul was thrown back to my world. Do you remember your wishes? It might be the key to your and my return to our respectable world...'

Changmin and Yoochun walked down the small road that would lead to the main road. There was a junction at the end of this road and that was where Jaejoong last met him. Changmin was relieved that this time Yoochun accompanied him to go there even if he didn't ask Yoochun to. Yoohwan and their mother were watching television when they exited the house and to Changmin's surprise Yoohwan invited him to come again and maybe play some games with him.

When they arrived at the bus stop, both the guys were bewildered by the fact a car was parked in front of it. Changmin was quite conscious and ready to flee when he realised the driver was no other than Yunho.

"Yo!" Yunho waved at them. Yoochun was startled, due to the society anxiety that he developed after the dark times. Changmin stepped in front of him, covering him from Yunho.

"Yunho-hyung!"

"Hey...!" Yunho crawled out of the car. Changmin grinned at him but Yoochun was still cowering behind Changmin.

"Why are you here?"

"To bring you home, of course." Yunho strut towards Changmin and the latter cocked his eyebrows when he saw Yoochun who was unpleased to see him. "Well, who's this?"

"Oh." Changmin turned around and saw Yoochun's eyes narrowed at Yunho. His body crouched like he was ready to run anytime soon. "Yoochun-hyung, this is Yunho-hyung, the one that I talked about with you."

"How do you do? I'm Jung Yunho." Yunho held out a hand, being friendly and polite. Yoochun stared at the beautiful hand before he grasped it for a shake. Yunho's handshake was firmer than usual, if Changmin wanted to say. Changmin smiled reassuringly at Yoochun, and proudly at Yunho. "You are..."

"Park Yoochun."

"We're friends only recently." Changmin held on Yoochun's arm gleefully. "But it felt like I've known him forever."

"You bet that's right." Yunho grabbed Changmin's wrist, and when Yoochun's eyes grew bigger, he withdrew. "Come on, let's go home."

Yoochun looked questioningly at Changmin. Changmin blinked, still astounded by Yunho's action just now couldn't comprehend the question that was evident in Yoochun's eyes.

"Then...then, I'll be going first, hyung. I'll see you later," Changmin smiled at Yoochun as he started to follow Yunho. Yunho bowed down to Yoochun, and spared a glance at Yoochun. Yoochun could only smile back before he averted his eyes and stepped back. Changmin waved at Yoochun, and climbed into Yunho's Audi.

Yoochun was left alone, even though he was grateful so that he wouldn't have any interaction with a human being, and he watched Yunho drove away from him. His instinct told him something was coming up, yet he couldn't tell what. It had been in the way Yunho looked at Changmin. It was affection, yet there's something dangerous that made the hair on his nape stood up.

He prayed that Changmin would be safe.

A/N was it affection?

i'm starting to think like Yoochun.