Chapter 24B

In Another World

Changmin went to the living room and saw the box he left there when he sat at the kitchen to avoid Junsu. It was the box that contained the phone packaging that Yunho gave him. Changmin inspected it.

What if Junsu looked what was inside? Changmin saw the empty box inside the paper bag, the one that he took and used. Changmin felt uneasy. Junsu must have suspected something. He must have concluded that Changmin had his own phone now.

Changmin shook his head. He took the paper bag and wanted to toss it somewhere else. Changmin then saw something in the trash box. Changmin knelt down and took the box.

It was the same phone that Yunho gave him. With trembling hands, he gauged the weight of the box. It had something in it. Changmin opened it and saw a phone in it. His heart jumped.

Did Junsu buy this phone for me?

Changmin put a hand inside his pants' pocket and pulled his phone out. The brand new phone gleamed brightly like it was mocking him. Changmin his suddenly dry lips.

What was he going to do?

Should he call Junsu? But he's too afraid and ashamed of himself. He was accusing Junsu for not caring for him, but what if...

Changmin brought the phone out of the box. It could be use instantly. Changmin looked at the phone that Yunho gave. It was red in colour, and this one was also red. Changmin felt bad. Did he judge Junsu too early?

Changmin switched on the phone and checked that there was phone numbers in the directory. Junsu's phone, his office, Dr Kang's office and his personal number and also Yeon Hee's number.

How did Junsu know to get Yeon Hee's number? Did he know that Yeon Hee have befriended him? Junsu had acted unpredictably again it made Changmin felt helpless, once more. Even though Junsu looked cold and distant, he was actually observing from afar. He knew he was nice to Yeon Hee.

Changmin dialled Junsu's number. He waited for a while. His first call was unanswered. Changmin called him again and yet no answer. He waited for another five minutes before he tried once more.

Junsu never answered his phone. Changmin sighed. He was wrong. Might be Junsu was giving him time and space for what he did the night before.

Changmin walked to Junsu's study and put the phone that he bought on the table. The guilt was smothering him.

But what Junsu did was unforgivable. He him!

But was it if he let Junsu do it? He didn't fight. He didn't say anything but his heart was opposed to it. How could he fight Junsu when he was too afraid to let Junsu go?

But he couldn't rely on Junsu alone. He was a grown man. He knew a lot of people now. He knew Kyuhyun, Yunho, Yoochun. He could have his own life without being anchored down because of Junsu. Junsu himself didn't say anything about making him his or something similar to that.

Changmin stared at the clean table, there's nothing on it. Changmin never saw or know what was inside it. The mysterious Junsu refrained him from doing it. Changmin pulled the first drawer, there's a book. It was a note book. Changmin opened it but it was blank. There's only Junsu's name in the front written with green ink. There's nothing else. Changmin was disappointed. He put it back on the drawer and that's when he noticed the picture underneath the book.

It was a picture of Jaejoong and Junsu. It was a very old picture, and a happy glow was emitted by both of them. They were grinning ear to ear and Jaejoong looked like his Jaejoong during their debut days. Junsu was much much happier. Jaejoong didn't look like how he was right now. There's nothing evil in his eyes.

How old was this picture?

Changmin flipped it to see what was written behind it.

'Junsu and Jaejoong, hwaiting!'

No dates, no other names. Changmin found himself smiling at the picture.

What happened when they fell apart?

I wish...

He stopped himself. He should stop wishing for things. He should work instead of just wishing.

I wish for Junsu-hyung to be aggressive. It came true.

I wish for Jaejoong-hyung to love Yunho-hyung a little less. It came true, and worse, Jaejoong didn't love him at all.

Changmin shook his head. He put the picture back and opened the other drawer below it. There was a gift box inside it. Unable to stop himself, he opened it. There was a key inside it. Changmin inspected it closer. There was a name inscribed on the body of the key. Kim Jaejoong. But the key looked like it wasn't complete. It was like it was half done. Another part of the key was not here.

What type of key that was incomplete?

Changmin couldn't find any answer in the key. He sighed. Even objects that were under Junsu's possession were mysterious as its master. Changmin was wondering why did the key have the name Kim Jaejoong? Supposed it's Jaejoong's?

It came back from their old relationship. What else was Jaejoong’s item under Junsu's possessions? Since they were close at one point of life, there must be a lot of them.

Changmin knelt down, trying to find anything more in the drawer. He was sure he could find more clues for their relationship here in this house. Changmin searched aimlessly, not knowing what he could find. He looked under the table, making sure there's no words inscribed. He was looking for something, anything at all.

Disappointed, he turned his search somewhere else. He went to the reading corner and looked at the new arrangements of the books there. The manhwas that were drawn by Yoochun were on the row that was easily reachable for Changmin. They were no longer at the bottom row where Changmin had to go down on four limbs to reach for one of them. All of them were arranged neatly according to the issue. Changmin smiled to himself. Did Junsu rearrange this because of him? He was flattered.

There was another series by Yoochun too. Changmin decided to read it later if he had time.

Toki wo Tomete.

He remembered the wish he made after Jaejoong left that night. It didn't come true. It didn't stop time, as far as Changmin was concerned. So, basically not all his wishes come true.

Changmin took the first volume of 'Lost in Time', another series by Yoochun that he had yet to read. The story was about a boy who was given a power that he had to use to regain balance in the world he was in. In fact, the boy was actually in a parallel world that he didn't belong to. Everything in the world was different like how he used to. The people that he knew were gone, and he had only a watch in his hand that he didn't know how to use. The watch was a talisman, something that only certain person could use. In this parallel world, he was the chosen one who was given the privilege of it.

The story seemed interesting to Changmin. But the main character was too brave in Changmin's opinion.

Changmin was shocked by a sudden ring. He looked around. It wasn't from the phone inside his pocket. He went to the one phone that was on the table, the one that he found in the trash.

Yeon Hee was calling. He picked it up and with hesitancy at first he answered.

"Hello?"

"Changmin-oppa!" Yeon Hee's voice was unmistakably excited. "Have you figured out this new phone? Do you like it? Have you fallen in love with it?"

Wait. Changmin's forehead built a crease.

"What are you talking about? How did you know?" he heard Yeon Hee laughed.

"I met Junsu-ssi when he was buying that phone." Yeon Hee said, obviously she was smiling widely now. "I thought he was buying it for himself but he corrected me. He said he wanted to repent for his mistake,"

"He told you that?" Changmin couldn't believe it.

"Well, I kind of forced him to say the reason out loud, and he was ashamed because everyone was staring at us. Well, at him because he's famous."

"Did he tell you anything else?"

"He said it's for you. A gift. Wait...he didn't tell you about this?"

"Let's say I just happened to find the present on the table." Changmin lied. How could he tell the truth to Yeon Hee? Yeon Hee would make a racket if she knew why Changmin had been running from Junsu in the first place? After the entire mistake that they've done, should he forgive Junsu just because he bought him a new phone? Junsu had him, left him in the dark and again today walked away without any words at all.

But you loved him. A voice said.

Love wasn't a ticket to let someone do anything he wanted. Logical barged in.

"Oppa! Are you there?"

"Y-yes,"

"When will you see me again? Can we go out for a drink or something? You must train your mind to pick up things quickly!"

"I don't know, Yeon Hee. I'm quite busy with the cats,"

"And I'm busy with being a nurse. Oppa...! Let me know if you're free okay? Please talk to Junsu-ssi if you haven't yet. He looked so sincere when he bought the phone. He even asked for my phone number to be put in there because he knew I'm close to you,"

Bless his relationship with Dr Kang, Changmin softly said to himself.

"I will," was all that Changmin could assure to Yeon Hee even if he couldn't confirm what he'd do next. Junsu must had been so excited to see Changmin at Dr Kang's office, to ask for forgiveness and love from Changmin again. He didn't know where Changmin was and he hadn't a clue so the only thing that he could depend onto was Changmin's appointment with Dr Kang. But Changmin already had a phone. He was holding the paper bag, of course Junsu knew what came with it. He was just too little too late.

Yeon Hee said goodbye and Changmin put the phone back on the table. He was divided in two now. Which phone should he use? He couldn't be greedy by taking both of them. He couldn't return the phone to Yunho, but he wouldn't know if he used Junsu's phone instead of his, right? . The numbers were different.

"Aish...!!" Changmin was mad at himself. He took a deep breath, trying to figure what was the best thing that he could do.

He was clearly in love with Junsu, no doubt about it. But, Yunho gave the phone first. Should he consider that?

Changmin went to the bed, just for the sake to clear his head. Changmin sat down on the mattress and looked at the pillow. He took it and embraced it tightly. It smelled of Junsu.

Amongst all hyungs, I have to say Junsu-hyung treated me the best.

Changmin remembered his own quote when asked in an interview about his perspective of s. Changmin felt nostalgic. He should listen to what Junsu had to say, he shouldn't draw a conclusion without any confirmation.

He put down Junsu's pillow and took the pillow beside it. Before this, there's only one pillow but now Junsu had put two. He bought another one. Changmin took it and saw a card underneath it.

He opened it and read it.

'Changmin-ah...I'm sorry. Hyung'

He blushed violently.

Really, Junsu was trying to make up with him.

Changmin put it down, unable to look at the card and the writings inside it anymore. His heart was burdened by it. Should he forgive Junsu?

Changmin stood up and went to the kitchen. The tears that would come out would make him more unable to solve his heart issues. He opened the fridge and was surprised by the amount of the stick notes in it. Almost every edible food had a stick note on it saying, 'Changmin-ah, I'm sorry.' Changmin bit down his lip.

Junsu-hyung. His heart called. Hyung.

Changmin pinched the bridge of his nose and used his thumb to throw the tears away.

Hyung. Just come back to me.

A/N sorry the chapter was too long when I wrote it, so I have to divide it into two! silent readers, you are welcome to comment too! =) thank you for being patient with me..keke