Chapter 6

In Another World

He woke up in the middle of the night, when he heard somebody playing piano. Well, sort of. Changmin rubbed his lazy eyes and sprung from his bed (actually not!). He looked around and instantly his heart warmed up to the fact that he woke up wrapped in Junsu's blanket which meant that he wasn't dreaming about it last night. Junsu was so kind to him. Did he act like that because he was sick or he was actually that nice?

Changmin touched his forehead. There was a Kool-fever patch on it. Changmin smiled to himself. When did Junsu apply it to him? Maybe Junsu was really concern about him. Changmin walked to the source of the sound and saw Junsu who was in front of his laptop in the terrace. Changmin stood there at the door entrance to the terrace and watched Junsu's focused face. He was pressing the keys on his laptop, and sounds of piano keys were emitted. He was using some kind of software to play the piano in the laptop. The music that was played was as beautiful as his Junsu's songs, because when Changmin closed his eyes and listened he could imagine his Junsu was sitting there with him.

It hurts him when in reality it wasn't. His Junsu was somewhere he didn't know.

"Since when did you stand there?" Changmin's eyes flung open. He looked at Junsu who had stopped the music from the laptop. Junsu took off his glasses and put in on the table. "You can sleep standing too?" he heard Junsu chuckled. Changmin didn't answer. "How's your head?"

"I'm okay now. Thanks."

"Come sit here." Junsu drank from his glass. Changmin obeyed him and sat on the other chair facing Junsu. Junsu looked more tired now, but his face was cleaner. Changmin learnt that Junsu wore BB cream too but not as much as what his Junsu wore during shows. Changmin always thought Junsu had a very nice skin and this Junsu was no different. When Junsu looked up, he giggled a bit when he saw Changmin's face. "Do you see your face?" Junsu reached out a hand and pulled the Kool-aid off. Changmin blushed violently, feeling really embarrassed. "You might be handsome all the way, but hey this Kool-aid can't do."

Changmin kept staring at Junsu, he just wanted to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Changmin-ah..." Junsu clicked his fingers startling Changmin from his trance. Junsu grinned at him.

"Hyung..." Changmin was surprised at how croaky his voice was. Junsu cocked an eyebrow as he leaned down again to the laptop and played the song from before. The song was actually comprised of more musical instruments other than the piano. “Did you compose the song?"

"What do you think?" Junsu wore his glasses again and tapped his fingers on the table. His eyes were fixed on the laptop, watching the visible notes of the music playing.

"The song?" Changmin thought while watching Junsu wrote something on a piece of paper. "It's soothing, more like a composed work of a song that wanted to enhance the feature of the piano piece,"

"What do you think about the piano feature?"

"It will make someone goes to sleep. It sounds like a lullaby," Junsu smiled and took notes of what Changmin said. Changmin tried to read the music sheet elaborated on the table but Junsu covered it with his pencil case.

"Do you think it's a lullaby?"

"I...don't know. Maybe." Changmin listened to the song and found it so alluring because it reminded him of his gentle Junsu. If he had to compare this Junsu with only the three days they had been together, he would not believe it that Junsu wrote the song.

But did Junsu write this song?

"I only composed the piano piece." it was like Junsu had read his mind. Junsu smiled sweetly at him and Changmin melted at the sight of it. Junsu sighed silently as he pressed the keys of his laptop and the lullaby melody was heard again.

"Do your Junsu compose songs?" Junsu asked. Changmin blushed again. Your Junsu. It sounded so nice. It felt right.

"Yes. He...always wrote songs about us."

"Oh." Junsu was still writing something on the sheet, his eyes didn't avert to Changmin. Changmin wasn't hurt by it because now he knew better. If it was his Junsu, he would definitely grab the sheet and demand Junsu to give full attention to him. "What kind of songs?"

"Us being together." Changmin said, and again he felt his heart tug. Junsu looked up and their eyes met. Junsu turned his gaze away.

"Are you going to cry again? You're such a cry-baby." Junsu stated, and somehow Changmin laughed at it. Junsu smirked. Changmin was a cry-baby, once, but when he knew his hyungs were going to be there for him even if he didn't cry he started to feel stronger. They gave him strength no one else had done before. "Listen, stranger." Junsu put down his pencil and positioned himself right in front of Changmin. He shifted a bit so that his knees were aligned with Changmin's. Changmin blinked several times when Junsu shortened the gap between them. "I want you to live in this world,"

"What do you mean?" Changmin was surprised when suddenly Junsu leaned upward to him and sealed their lips together. The kiss was brief because two seconds later Junsu broke it. Changmin looked down, his eyes grew wide. "Don't compare me to your Junsu,"

"But..." Changmin felt his breath was hitched. This was the first time he kissed Junsu. Well, before this his Junsu wouldn't want any more than hugs and both of them didn't like skinships compared to the three others especially Jaejoong. Yunho, well, he loves skinship only with s, and Yoochun, as greasy as he was he only likes to touch the ones that he knows well.

"You are thinking about them right now, right?" Junsu smirked when he saw Changmin's confused face. Changmin nodded. Junsu leaned in and gave him another kiss and this time Changmin closed his eyes and felt the movement of Junsu's lips by his proprioceptive sense.

Are his Junsu’s lips as soft as this? Is he a good kisser like this too?

Changmin mewled and started to give a response when Junsu abruptly stop the kiss. His eyes opened immediately.

"Ahhh...!" Junsu laughed sinisterly. "You love your Junsu more than you should!"

"No!" Changmin blurted out. His face was as red as beetroot. He shook his head. "It was just..."

"I'm a good kisser?" Junsu laughed again. "Well, I've got good reputation about that." he took his pencil and started writing again. Changmin stared at him. He was such in disbelief. One minute they were kissing and now Junsu was ignoring him like he wasn't there. Junsu hummed to himself, closed his eyes every now and then and wrote some more. Then, he played the music and tapped his fingers on the table according to the rhythm. Changmin waited and waited for Junsu's next action.

Would he kiss him again? Or was his reaction too slow that Junsu lost interest?

"Go to sleep." Junsu suddenly said after a while. "You can have the bed." Changmin looked at the clock at the living room. It was four AM.

"But..."

"I'm insomniac. If I can't sleep I will write songs," Junsu cut him off. Changmin bit his lower lip and scolded himself mentally for making Junsu pissed off. "If you're hungry, there's yoghurt in the fridge." Changmin stood up from his seat and walked to the kitchen. He took the banana flavoured yoghurt and savoured it while his eyes were gazing at Junsu the whole time. Junsu was immersed in his own world, he didn't even turn to see if Changmin already retreated to the bed or not. The house had no walls at all between the spaces, walls were only for bathroom, and that made it looked really spacious. Changmin could eye what Junsu was doing but disappointed when Junsu was so focused with his work. Changmin tried to remember if his Junsu was insomniac, but then reminded of how Junsu loves to go back to their hostel and get some sleep. He sighed. His Junsu was different in that way.

Changmin threw the yoghurt small box into the dustbin and he drank a glass of water before he walked to the bed. Once again, he looked at Junsu who was still there. He lied down and pulled the blanket up till his chest. He touched his lips and smiled when he remembered the kiss.

***

Changmin woke up again, felt groggy but he promised Junsu to go to the doctor's office this morning. Junsu had given the address, and told him that he had taken care of the bills and he didn't have to worry about it too. Then he would have to inform Junsu about his illness (if he had any). Junsu had gone off to work early this morning. Changmin had no idea what made him left so early. Maybe it's the music he composed last night. He immediately felt lonely and insecure because he had to go outside alone. What if he met someone he knew and he had to swallow the fact that they didn't know him at all?

He cleaned himself up and ate the breakfast that Junsu had prepared for him. He clothed himself with the new clothes that Junsu had provided him the day before. It fits him perfectly. Changmin smiled to himself, and he took the money that Junsu put on the kitchen table.

He walked to the doctor's office with the address that Junsu gave him. The journey there was not as depressing as he thought it would be. He didn't encounter anyone he knew, and there's not much traffic. Everything was practically the same. Changmin checked his cell phone once in a while if Junsu ever texted him or called him but he never did. Changmin entered the office and the waiting time was quite short. He only had to wait for twenty minutes before he was called in. He was escorted by a nurse, which weirdly resembled Yeon Hee, the actress that had been featured several times in their music videos. She smiled at him and gestured for Changmin to enter the doctor's room. He walked past the door entrance and the doctor who was looking down at the papers in front of him. Changmin bowed down when the doctor looked up.

"Good morning, doctor," Changmin greeted.

"Good morning, please, have a seat." Changmin nodded and obediently he took the seat on the chair in front of the doctor. "My name is Dr Kang Ma Roo," Changmin nodded again. "I've heard about your case and Junsu was very concerned about it."

Changmin smiled at the mention of Junsu's name. He was concerned about me, tee-hee.

"He wanted to know if you did really lose what was inside of your head, or you're just bluffing because you feel like it?"

"I'm not lying to him. Suddenly I woke up in front of his door and he said he was someone else."

"Do you remember if you hit your head or anything?"

"I don't..." suddenly Changmin remembered something. What happened before that? "It's just..." he wished for something. He remembered he was reciting something but he couldn't recall what was he doing before he passed out in front of Junsu's front door. "I'm not sure, doctor. Can you like do some tests on me or something?"

"I can. But are you sure you didn't remember why you're there in the first place? Are you sure you're not drunk that night and ended up there? My patients always had amnesia after an awful hangover, you know?"

Changmin shook his head.

"I can't remember anything before I ended there, doctor. That's make me so afraid."

"Okay," Dr Kang wrote something inside a file. "But first I have to do routine check-up,"

***

Changmin walked out of the door feeling numb. Dr Kang had said to him to come back tomorrow after he had fixed a thorough whole body scan. He was worried if Junsu had to spend his money on him again. He had burdened him so much. Changmin walked by the roadside, the money that Junsu had left him was enough for his lunch but he would have to pay more if he had to do tests tomorrow. Dr Kang had explained that Junsu only paid for today's appointment and if Changmin had no other health problems, he would have to meet a psychiatrist. Junsu would like for Changmin to get treated as soon as possible because Dr Kang said Junsu sounded so worried.

He sat down on a bus station. He heaved a sigh and watched the new advertisement of a jeans brand that Jaejoong endorsed. This time he was alone and the advertisement was as sensual as it could be. Jaejoong might not have the best like Junsu but the jeans looked really good on him. Changmin wondered, if Jaejoong was a model, Yoochun was a manhwa artist, and then what would Yunho be? What was he doing right now to earn a living?

Changmin missed the three of them dearly. If only he could...

Maybe he could go to the Jaejoong's agency and ask for him? It shouldn't be a crime, right? But would it be easy? Jaejoong was famous, according to how many times he appeared on the big screen. He must be a very busy man with a lot of things in his hands. Can he meet Jaejoong just like that?

Changmin decided he would it up and go to where Jaejoong works and tried every way to get to him. He would try to talk to him because he wanted to. He must let Jaejoong knew he was here, in another world. He wanted Jaejoong to know that he existed and he was apart of him. The reason behind it? He just couldn't live with the fact that Jaejoong was living without knowing he was a part of him too, even if it sounded so absurd, in another world where the alternate universe lies.

Changmin closed his eyes and his mind ran to find a way to meet Jaejoong. With a face that as handsome as his, he would have a lot of male fans so he would be rejected right away if Changmin come just like that. He chewed on his lower lip, trying to contemplate what he was going to do next.

Maybe he can ask Junsu?

But he stopped because Junsu might disagree with his option of living here. But maybe...just maybe he can act like he accidentally goes to the model agency and maybe, just maybe (again!) they would notice his model like feature and...

Can it work? Does it work that easily?

Changmin gripped the hem of his shirt. He had to do it. He missed his hyung so much. It had been a while since he met Jaejoong in other world and because he would have no other obstacles to overcome in this dear world. He had no manager to always observe what he did, no SM Ent to their meetings and the most important was he could see them without them remembering the heart ache that had always reside in his heart. He would be fine if it's only him. He would endure it.

It would only take an action to find out. He took a deep breath and nodded to himself. He opened his eyes again and looked at the big screen. It no longer served Jaejoong's advertisement, now it was serving a new brand of a computer. No models were used, only the electronic devices shown. Changmin stood up and pushed his fringe aside. He pulled his jacket closer to his body to gather the warmth. He was ready to go and meet Jaejoong (if he succeeded) or maybe get humiliated (if he failed). He went to the cybercafé and wrote down the address of Jaejoong's company. Jaejoong was even featured as the face of the company. Jaejoong was as beautiful as he remembered. Changmin wanted to watch more of his advertisements but he had to get on the real business first. Changmin went into a cosmetic shop and put on the BB cream tester and had to doll up his face a bit. He learnt everything about dolling up from his coordi noonas.

See? It's not that bad to be close to your coordi noonas. Sometimes they would be as erted as ahjummas but they would be the ones who would smuggle food and love for him too. Because he was the maknae they always had time to mess around with his hair. It had always been his hair that would have to endure more damage than his hyungs.

He smiled to the mirror in front of him. He looked better and more presentable.

Well, now he had to run before the sales girl see what he did before. He practically tip-toed to exit the shop. He did his hair on the way to the company with his bare hands. He knew his hair was derived from some kind of stubborn keratin that made it unable to stay the way it was styled. That was why the coordi noonas always do his hair last.

Changmin arrived at the company after forty five minutes of walking. It was tiring so he wanted it to be worth it. The company's building was a bit smaller than SM Ent building. He didn't pass the security of course but when he saw the advertisement of an audition. But it wasn't today.

Changmin sulked.

"Can I please do it today? Please?" he had never known there was an audition to be models, but oh, well. He would do anything.

"But it's not today. I'm sorry..."

"Ahjussi!" Changmin begged with both his palms pressed together. "Please, please! Let me meet the one responsible for it. I will do well. I've done it before!"

"But...it's not today,"

"Please. Please! Ahjussi!"

"What's going on here?" both the security guard and Changmin turned. To his surprise it was the one and only Jaejoong. He was wearing only shirt and jeans (maybe the one that he endorsed) and there was a red with white stripes muffler around his neck.

"Jaejoong-hyung!" and right that moment he knew he was wrong he bowed down. "I'm sorry."

"Who are you?" Jaejoong's brows crooked like he disapproved with how Changmin addressed him first. Changmin knew his Jaejoong was a person who depended on first impression so much. Changmin had to bite his tongue to be as polite as he could when Jaejoong's big doe eyes were scanning him like a police detective. The eyes were beautiful, unchanged since the last time they met. He wore eyeliner and his eyes didn't show many sufferings like how his Jaejoong's were.

"My name is Changmin. Shim Changmin." Changmin straightened up and looked directly into his eyes. Jaejoong observed him for a while more before he turned to the security guard next to Changmin's taller body.

"Why is he here?" Jaejoong asked in a cold voice. It was different from when Jaejoong was with him. He missed his hyung's cheerful voice when they were together, he missed his warm smile when Changmin purposely being cruel to him, he missed his laugh so much and how he would succumb to the younger's bully tactics.

"I'm going to the audition. The day...the day of the audition, I can't come because of reasons. So...please if you..."

"It's okay. You're hired." Jaejoong suddenly said.

"Bwoh?"

"You heard me," Jaejoong's lips curled into a smile. "Follow me to the office. We'll figure out something." Changmin clapped his hands like a child and grinned sheepishly when Jaejoong glared at him. Changmin tailed Jaejoong to his office without further ado. It looked like Jaejoong was highly respected in the company because everyone bowed down to him and not once did he nod back to acknowledge them. That had been quite weird because Jaejoong was always aware of the people that surrounded him. They walked into Jaejoong's office and felt even weirder because Jaejoong has an office. He was a model, for God sake!

"Did models have their own office?" Changmin asked as Jaejoong ordered him to sit down.

"No. Only me." Jaejoong said nonchalantly. Jaejoong sat down on his chair and his eyes intensely watched Changmin until the younger man felt uneasy. "What business you have that you can't come on the actual audition?"

"I...actually...have some tests to do on that day." well, the tests that Dr Kang had scheduled for him.

"Oh." the way Jaejoong said oh was surprisingly similar to how Junsu pronounced it. Changmin nodded and bowed down again.

"I'm sorry to just barge in like that."

"You won't do that if you know who I am, though. I'm impressed you're quite brave."

"What do you mean?" Jaejoong smirked. Changmin knew if it was his Jaejoong, the smirk would mean he wanted to pound on Yunho later that day and to have another session of heavy talking and Yunho would dote on him then.

Did this Jaejoong act the same way?

"I'm grateful you took me in."

"Just because I pity you and you looked fit to be a model." Jaejoong said as he typed something into his cell phone. He looked cold and distant. "Nothing else."

Changmin watched Jaejoong, quite hurt of what the latter just said but he just kept quiet. He didn't know this Jaejoong quite well so it's better to just treat him as a stranger. Jaejoong checked something on his computer for a while letting the environment of the room became silent. Changmin looked around and concluded that this Jaejoong was quite simple and serious. He knew the smirks that he did in every photograph. There were also a lot of pictures of him and a guy. Changmin had known him somewhere because in his world, he was an actor. What's his name? Changmin felt sick just trying to remember him. He wasn't always involved in any dramas shooting, that's why he didn't know a lot of actors. He was a singer fully.

"You will have to start with being an underwear model." Changmin choked on his own saliva when he heard Jaejoong's statement.

"Underwear?"

"Problems with it?" Jaejoong's voice was cold and distant, like he hated Changmin. Changmin bit the inside of his cheek. He always knew Jaejoong was like that, but this one...it was almost unbearable. He wanted to jump in front of him and shake his shoulder and ask him if he knew him. He wanted Jaejoong to scold him and fight playfully with him but this Jaejoong would not even look him in the eyes.

As if reading what was inside Changmin's mind, Jaejoong looked up and his eyes met Changmin's. Changmin flinched on his seat, wanting to get away as soon as possible.

"Ah...isn't there anything else? Because...if underwear..."

"No." Jaejoong's answer was firm. "There's no other work offer than that. If you don't take it, then leave it. But don't bother ever coming back again."

"I'll take it. I'll take it." Changmin replied almost immediately, desperate to cling to Jaejoong, and the job opportunity. Jaejoong smiled sinisterly.

"You have to fill in this form first," Jaejoong handed a form and Changmin stood up and took it. "How old are you?"

"22."

"You are really tall, aren't you?" Jaejoong stated. His Jaejoong always praised his height but never once Changmin thought much about it, but this time Changmin felt different when this Jaejoong said the exact same words. "And you're really handsome too." Changmin blushed even though it was obvious that he wasn't flirting with him at all. Jaejoong said it with no expression at all, like he said it to all men that he met. "Have you stopped growing?"

"Yes. A while ago. After my last wisdom tooth grew."

"Which meant you are matured enough to experience love." Jaejoong stood up and walked to the windows. "Why do you want to be a model?"

"I have to earn money." Jaejoong chuckled.

"Wow. Do you have any passion in modelling whatsoever?" Changmin nodded but he wasn't quite convinced. He was a shy kid, always hiding behind his hyung whenever there was a photo-shoot. "You should have more appeal than this if you want to be a full-time model," Changmin nodded again.

"But isn't it too early to just hire me like this?"

"I know talent when I see it. You might be raw but your looks are sufficient." Jaejoong heaved a sigh and smiled lightly at Changmin. Changmin remembered this smile. He was tired. He was exhausted but Changmin didn't know what was haunting his mind that made him this way.

"Can I tell you something?" Jaejoong cocked an eyebrow.

"Sure." Changmin opened his mouth to tell him about his Jaejoong but suddenly Jaejoong's cell phone rang. "Excuse me." Jaejoong looked at the phone and smiled a bit before he answered. "Yihan-ah..."

Changmin quickly knew the caller was the person that appeared in the pictures with Jaejoong. He was an actor in his world. He wondered if this Yihan was going to be close with Jaejoong in his world because as for now Jaejoong was really close with Hyun Joong. He even opted to live together with him for a while after DBSK temporary split. Changmin looked at his own cell phone. Junsu still hadn't call or text him. Maybe he was still too busy.

He would want to initiate their communication this time.

'Hyung. I got a job today. A modelling job.'

He waited for a reply. Changmin gazed at Jaejoong who was still talking to Yihan. The pictures of them showed the intimacy between them. Almost all of them looked like copies of YunJae pictures, only Yunho was replaced by this Yihan. Changmin couldn't help but wondered what exactly their relationship was. By the look at how Jaejoong was reacting, the way his body language spoken and the words that Jaejoong used were quite suspicious.

Suddenly Junsu called him and Changmin, still wary of Jaejoong at a corner pushed the red button.

'I'm sorry, hyung. I can't answer the phone. I am in the director's room.'

And yes, apparently Jaejoong was the director of the modelling company.

'Which company are you at?'

'JJ.'

Junsu called him again, and this time Changmin slipped out of the room when Jaejoong was immersing himself in his own conversation. He answered the call.

"Why are you there?" Junsu's voice was frantic.

"What?"

"JJ?"

"Yes. Jaejoong hyung's company."

"Idiot. That's not your Jaejoong's hyung!" Junsu scolded. Changmin wanted to protest but Junsu's squeaky voice continued. "Get out of the company. Get out now."

"Hyung!"

"I said...get out."

"What's wrong? Hyung, I just want to see Jaejoong-hyung," he could hear Junsu huffed on the other side.

"Shim Changmin, if you don’t get out of there alive right now, I'll come there and rip your heart out myself by my own bare hands."

That did it.

a/n and Junsu kissed Changmin! even if it was only a kiss i am so excited about it haha~ *mad author, i know*

why would Junsu told Changmin to flee JJ's company? and who do you think is in the pictures with Jaejoong in the office? keke

and yes, i recently finished Nice Guy and thought Song Joong-ki is a really handsome actor and Kang Ma Roo suits him very well.

for the last rant, thank you very much for reading this and i love you guys to the stars that shaped Cassiopeia and back! please subscribe and comment, kamsahamnida!