Chapter 26

In Another World

Changmin spent some extra time in the bathroom to clean himself. It felt so refreshing after all the time that he spent outside. After that, he wore the shirt and pants that Junsu first bought him. It brought sweet memories on him.

When he went out, Junsu was already preparing their breakfast. He turned around and smiled at Changmin. Changmin practically pranced to get to the kitchen.

"Beautiful." Junsu complimented, he also remembered the set of clothes that Changmin was wearing. He also remembered how his emotion was that day. He was...amused.

"Call me handsome." Changmin nagged.

"I'll call you whatever I want."

"Hyung!" Changmin pretended to be mad. Junsu couldn't care less. Changmin approached Junsu and embraced his arms around Junsu's tiny waist. Junsu turned and they kissed for a moment. Junsu smelled nice it drove Changmin crazy just by thinking about him. Changmin hummed a melody and Junsu knew immediately it was Bolero. He sang to it. "I didn't know you know Japanese." Junsu smiled again as they swayed along to the song they sang. There wasn't any music but the melody rang perfectly in their eyes, just when both of them were together.

"I'm going to be late for work if this goes on." Junsu said as he released himself from Changmin's embrace. He gave Changmin a very brief peck on his lips. "Uh-uh, no whining. We're not going to be late today," Junsu sat on the chair and ordered Changmin to sit. They had their breakfast today with smiles on their face.

***

"Aish. What was that on your face?" Kyuhyun smirked when Changmin came to work that day.

"What?" Changmin picked up Gramps from his solitude and kissed the top of his head. He then rubbed his tiny belly and the kitten purred before he bit Changmin's fingers playfully.

"Your smile. You're too happy." Kyuhyun complained.

"Why? Isn't it good that I come every day smiling?"

"Did Yunho give you anything last night?"

"No...!" Changmin laughed. Instead, someone else was giving him something last night. He blushed when he remembered his moments with Junsu.

"Oh come on...! I need more stories about you and Yunho."

"He's just a friend!" Changmin had lost count on how many he had to deny his real relationship with Yunho. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and let the issue passed by knowing that Changmin wouldn't say anything else about him and Yunho. For the whole crew of the cat spa, they suspected Changmin was Yunho's lover. Yunho's behaviour said it all. Even if Yunho and Changmin weren't in that kind of relationship, Yunho's action towards Changmin was different. He cared about Changmin more than any other worker there. He even bought Changmin a brand new phone, one that was really hot in the market. Why Yunho gave Changmin that? It was still under investigation and Kyuhyun was on it immediately.

"You sure you're not into him or something?" Kyuhyun asked again while they were both grooming the female Siamese cat and Gramps, respectively. Changmin had become Gramps' personal helper and no one disagreed with it. Everyone seemed happy that finally someone could take care of Gramps. Changmin didn't complain either. He loves Gramps and that was all that he needed.

"He's only my hyung." Changmin said nonchalantly, just to entertain Kyuhyun.

"He never said anything about having a family."

"He's like a family to me. I don't have any kind of feelings towards him,"

"Nothing at all?"

"Kyuhyun. That's enough."

"What about the phone?" Changmin rolled his eyes.

"It's my private stuff. You can't know anymore..."

"Aaaah...that's no fun!" Kyuhyun nagged when once again Changmin tended to keep his mouth shut. Changmin only smiled. He went to the showroom and greeted the guests politely. He put another two female cats in the showroom and two toddlers came and played with them. Changmin then waved at two little girls who had recognised him as the new helper. Changmin was awkward with kids, but he held on. Changmin went back inside to gather other cats because the customers were growing.

He was planning to go see Yoochun today. He's going to demand for more explanation. He needed to go to hospital first to see him.

Changmin brought out his phone out from his pocket. It was the phone from Junsu. He had decided to stay loyal to Junsu because he loved him. He loved Junsu with all his heart. He felt sorry for Yunho but it was a gift that was unexpected. He had texted Yunho that he changed his phone number, but he didn't tell anything about him using other phone. He hoped Yunho wouldn't notice that he didn't use his gift. After all, there was both of the same model. He kept Yunho's gift at home.

If only he had Yoochun's number, he would only have to text him saying he wanted to meet him. Now he had to walk to the hospital just to see him. Changmin sighed heavily. He looked at the calendar in the phone, there's another appointment with Dr Kang. Junsu put it in this morning just to remind Changmin.

But speaking of which, Junsu looked a whole lot paler this morning. He was noticeably shaking. But he hid it very well when he knew Changmin was looking. He might have been close with Dr Kang even before Changmin was here because Dr Kang spoke fondly of him.

And Dr Kang once warned Changmin about Junsu, which meant they were more than just doctor and client. Changmin used to overlook it but now he was thinking of it thoroughly.

Suddenly he realised that the hustle bustle in the spa increased a notch. He looked around and saw that everyone had come out to the showroom. He was the one who had been left behind. He rushed to the showroom and saw all of the helpers were there, including Kyuhyun who taught him how to behave accordingly, all were bowing down to a certain person who just came in. Changmin quickened his pace and stood at the end of the line. He bowed down quickly like the rest of the crew.

When they stood up again, the customer that came was sitting in the middle of the showroom with a cat in his arms. The cat was the most expensive one, they say because it needed extra care and the manager himself tended to the cat.

The customers in the showroom were creeping away because of the customer, Changmin guessed. He looked at the direction he was sitting and his heart plunked into the deep of his stomach when he saw who actually the guest was. He was Jaejoong. He was sitting on the couch, his legs crossed and his presence was very menacing that Changmin could feel the hair behind his back stood up. Jaejoong was looking straight at him, like he was stripping him in public. Jaejoong smirked, his eyes were scanning him. Changmin backed away, trying to hide himself.

"Who's the newest guy in here?" he asked, aloud. His eyes were obviously on Changmin. Changmin stepped behind, cowering away when the crowd made way for Jaejoong. The model stood up and waltzed towards Changmin. "He's quite a thing, hmm?"

All the helpers stared at Changmin. The blood had drained from Changmin's face when Jaejoong was standing three feet away from him. He still looked like a death angel. He wore eyeliner today, his body hugging black long sleeved shirt was a brilliant match to his dark personality. Changmin swallowed his bitter saliva. He couldn't say a thing, he was afraid the helpers would gossip more about him but it seemed like he couldn't help it.

Jaejoong extended his hand and touched Changmin's collar. Changmin jumped at the contact. He almost pushed the man away. Jaejoong scoffed.

"Wae?" Jaejoong asked innocently. "I'm just curious about this." Changmin felt Jaejoong touched a spot near his jawline, and just above where his carotid should be. Changmin's eyes widened. There were love bites from Junsu last night. "Who marked you?"

"That...that was my personal business," Changmin could hear himself speak. Jaejoong grinned.

"Was it Junsu?" Changmin glanced nervously at the audience; the other helpers and customers. And the cats, but most cats didn't give a damn.

"It's my personal business."

"I see." Jaejoong sounded amused. "How was it to be a cat's slave?" Changmin didn't answer. Jaejoong sighed. He turned around and resumed playing with the cats there. Changmin stood there frozen like a statue. His eyes watched the floor, the thumps inside his heart made the sound so clear in his ears. He balled his fists but he was unable to move.

Junsu. Hyung!

Changmin closed his eyes and remembered what Junsu told him. Jaejoong became like that because of Junsu. He stayed there while the other helpers busied themselves satisfying Jaejoong's need. Changmin could feel the pair of his eyes pierced through his body. He started to sweat when he only stood there without the courage to do anything.

"Changmin-ssi!" he heard Jaejoong called him. He started to tremble. "Changmin-ah...!" Jaejoong called out again, this time louder. Changmin turned and nodded. "Bring me some coffee,"

Changmin quickly went to the counter and the helper there started to grind some coffee beans and prepared nuts and dried fruits. It seemed like all the other helper knew about Jaejoong's preferences. Changmin took the tray and slowly he walked towards Jaejoong, who right now was sitting alone on the settee. He looked like a king on a throne. Changmin put down the tray and served the coffee and the complimentary snacks. Jaejoong's eyes still fixed on him, and the smirk was still there.

Suddenly the door opened, and Yunho came in. Jaejoong was the only person who didn't turn his head towards the door. Yunho's pace was quick despite the injured leg. Changmin backed away.

"Stay." Jaejoong ordered without lifting his head. Changmin immediately felt like his feet rooted on the ground.

Yunho approached both of them. Yunho looked at Changmin, confused but then towards Jaejoong. He bowed down at Jaejoong who was drinking his coffee.

"Welcome," Yunho said. His face was unreadable, even to Changmin. Changmin bit his lips, he had a hunch a bad thing would happen but he couldn't pinpoint of what. So, he only could keep his head down.

"Where have you been?" Yunho didn't answer Jaejoong's question. Instead, he said sorry. Jaejoong scoffed. "It's weird to see my men took you in with your worker," again, Yunho said sorry. Changmin felt it was so weird to see Yunho apologised to his kidnapper, and worse he was the boyfriend of someone who he was struggling to capture.

"Why are you apologising?" suddenly Changmin asked. "He kidnapped you, tortured you. Why did you apologise to him?"

"Good question." Jaejoong looked amused. He smiled at Yunho, and touched Yunho's chin. Yunho cringed. "Why don't you answer him, Yunho?"

Yunho stayed silent. Jaejoong stood up and circled Yunho before he patted Changmin's shoulder.

"I don't want to answer that," Jaejoong whispered to Changmin. Changmin closed his eyes. He turned towards Yunho again.

"Go to the back room, Changmin," Yunho ordered. Suddenly there was fire in his eyes.

"But..." Changmin glanced at Yunho and Jaejoong alternately.

"Go to the backroom. I don't want to repeat myself," Changmin glared at Yunho before he stomped away from both of them. He could feel the other helpers' eyes were on him. He sat on the couch at the lounge, buried his face in both palms. He was angry. He tried to calm down but couldn't. There's no other sound coming from the show room, and no one talked to him either. His chest went up and down as his angst overwhelmed himself.

"Aaah!" Changmin screamed into his palms. He was shaking. He walked to the door and watched from afar. Yunho was standing there and Jaejoong was having his time with the cats surrounding him. Changmin gripped the hem of his shirt. He sat down again.

Kyuhyun who was in the same room could only stare at his new friend. Somehow, his heart told him to not interfere, not even to ask about what actually happened between the three of them. Kyuhyun glanced at the showroom nervously, Jaejoong's aura was driving everyone insane. Every time Jaejoong came to the spa, all of the helpers would gather and bow down to him. It was an unwritten rule, something that must be followed. He didn't know why, but they started doing it since Jaejoong came. They saw their most superior boss lowered his head when Jaejoong came, so they were obliged to do it. And it seemed like Jaejoong liked the attention. He was pampered by Yunho, despite everyone knowing Yunho was after his boyfriend.

It was weird.

A few times Kyuhyun saw Jaejoong kissed Yunho on the cheek when they thought no one was looking. Jaejoong was vain about his beauty, and people knew he liked to flirt too. Even when Kyuhyun saw him in person for the first time, Kyuhyun couldn't sleep well without thinking about him. Jaejoong was beautiful, he was irresistible. But he was actually dangerous, like a poison ivy. He was deadly.

Changmin buried himself back in his hands. Kyuhyun pulled the chair and sat at the table there. He saw Gramps was sleeping at a corner and how he wasn't bothered at all by the atmosphere.

Minutes passed by that felt like hours to Changmin. Suddenly Yunho entered, and he headed straight towards Changmin. Changmin lifted his head to look at the towering Yunho.

"Why do you ask questions like that to him?" Yunho's voice was stern. Changmin bit the inside of his cheek, wondered why Yunho changed when it came to Jaejoong. Even though this was a parallel world, Yunho's behaviour was still more or less the same as his Yunho. He would always defend Jaejoong, always backing him up, always there for him even though it was hurting him.

"He's hurting you!"

"It's my business, he's my client,"

"No!" Changmin protested. "Wake up, Yunho-hyung, you can't be blinded by him."

"You don't know him." Yunho said coldly, his hands were fisted until his knuckles had turned white.

Kyuhyun watched from afar. He wanted to leave the room but stayed in the perimeter so that he could barge in if anything bad happened.

"He kidnapped you and tortured you! Why don't you see that as a bad thing?"

"Changmin..." Yunho was obviously angry.

"You should know better not to mess with him, you're a prosecutor!"

"Shut up, Changmin!" Changmin froze. He stepped back a few steps. His eyes glared at Yunho and he kept his mouth shut. Yunho was breathing heavily. Changmin couldn't take it anymore. He stood up and went to the showroom but Jaejoong already left. He groaned, he felt defeated.

He looked around and saw that almost every helper in the spa was looking back at him.

"What are you looking at?" Changmin challenged them.

"Changmin!" Yunho came out of the room, dashing at him. "Don't talk to them like that!"

"Can you be more pathetic?" Changmin almost shouted. Yunho took a deep breath.

"Don't try to provoke me, Changmin. I'm your boss, I hired you."

"He's using you!" Changmin however couldn't help it. "What he said was true about you."

"Bwoh?" Yunho's jaw dropped open, and immediately he looked around when he realised his voice was too loud. He massaged his forehead while looking down.

"You yourself said that Jin Yihan is the one you’re trying to catch but here..."

"I know! Okay, I know!" Yunho tsked. "Just...I know what I'm doing, Changmin. You shouldn't have asked the question like that to Jaejoong. You shouldn't make him mad..."

"So this was my entire fault?"

"Changmin..."

"Fine! Do it your way. I thought I can depend on you..."

"You can depend on me, Changmin-ah..." Yunho grasped Changmin's wrist and the younger male pulled it away. He glared at Yunho.

"You had been blinded by your love to him, hyung." Yunho looked away. "I can't deal with that," Changmin shook his head. "I..." Changmin swallowed bitterly. "I better get back to work."

"Changmin!" Yunho called as Changmin walked away from him. "Changmin-ah!" Changmin lowered his gaze down to the floor, he could never be able to talk to Yunho in this situation.

Yunho gritted his teeth.

"Aish!" he almost screamed but he needed to keep his composure. "Stop staring! Do your work!" with that, Yunho left the spa in anger.

Changmin leaned at the table, feeling worn out. Suddenly he regretted his action being all brave like that. Jaejoong wouldn't like it, Junsu wouldn't like it.

"Hey," he lifted his head and saw Kyuhyun, handing him a glass of drink. Changmin smiled weakly and took the glass and drank from it.

"Thank you." Kyuhyun watched as his new friend finished the drink. His shoulders were hunched, like there were a lot of burdens on it. Kyuhyun wondered if the burdens happened to involved Yunho all this time.

Did he have the rights to interfere or even ask about it? No one else in the spa that was close enough with Changmin to talk with. Changmin always kept everything to himself and rarely does he tell stories about himself. He liked to socialise but he was never one to reveal anything.

"Do you want to talk or anything?" Kyuhyun asked.

"No." a straight answer was all that Kyuhyun needed. He backed away, took a deep breath and clapped his hand once.

"O--kay. Sorry." Kyuhyun walked away, feeling disappointed that Changmin acted this way again. But Kyuhyun didn't blame him, as he might be the victim and he was an outsider. It was such an abrupt and strange occurrence that happen in the spa; the appearance of Changmin and Yunho sudden interest in him, and today, the great Kim Jaejoong seemed like he was eyeing Changmin.

Who was this Shim Changmin actually?

He caught Changmin stayed overnight at the spa once. Why?

Kyuhyun sighed. He shouldn't barge into people's business. He should just let him be.

But somehow his instinct worried about the new boy.

A/N will Kyuhyun involved himself with the mess? well...

i know boring chapter, maybe because I was bored at home. i spent my time alone like for four days at home and I am already goind to die of boredom. i am used to busy and fast-paced life, and now when i spent all my time sleeping it made my joints hurt so much. aish...anyway, here's the new chapter, hope you like it!