Chapter 10

In Another World

"Do you remember anything these two days?" Dr Kang asked, his face concerned. Changmin shook his head. What use it could do if he tried cracking his head searching for something he knew wasn't there in the first place?

"Doctor...I don't want to be rude or in denial or something but I didn't lose my memories like you said. Something had happened and...All of a sudden I was flung into a different dimension. A different universe, you know, like I was being born again. It felt so surreal at first because all of my precious friends were here that I knew but they don't know me."

Changmin looked up and saw Dr Kang gazed at him like he was really insane. Changmin stopped, his lower lip and rolled his eyes.

"You might not believe me, doctor. But it's true. I am from another world. Shim Changmin in this world didn't exist." okay, that was the top of it. Changmin knew he sounded like a loony but he didn't care. The truth must be out there to be unravelled. He who stood alone in this world had to find a way to go back to his own world.

But first to solve the issue of why he was here in the first place.

"You said you are in a wrong universe?" Dr Kang's questioning look startled Changmin. Changmin couldn't do anything else other than nodding. "But, do you ever recall if in this universe happened to be weird or different?"

"No. The buildings, the technology were all the same. The places were as same as what I knew; only the person didn't feel quite the same,"

"How about Junsu, then?"

"Junsu-hyung?" Dr Kang nodded. Changmin swallowed his saliva and his eyes averted to the wall. "He was someone who was very close to me, doctor. He was a person who I relied on in another world, just like here." Dr Kang took note of something as he listened. "You don't think I'm insane, right?" Dr Kang looked at him straight in the eyes.

"It's time to do your tests, Changmin-ssi."

***

Changmin walked numbly out of the doctor's office. He was still alone today, as Junsu headed to the academy earlier today. The tall boy smiled shyly to himself when he remembered yesterday's occurrence.

He had learned how to cook a meal with Junsu. Junsu actually had a cooking book very near to the stove. The cooking book's contents were quite comprehensive and covered most of Korean dishes that Changmin loves. Changmin remembered Jaejoong knew his menu by heart but that was Jaejoong. This was Junsu. His Junsu didn't even know how to use the blender properly whilst this Junsu cooked really well and all his meals (so far) were delicious, never failed his taste buds.

Junsu was knowledgeable. He told Changmin about the spices they used in their meals, the happenings in the politic world and of course of music. Sometimes, Junsu sang and Changmin who hadn't listen to his singing stopped and listened. The angelic voice of Junsu, his and this one, never failed to mesmerize him. His voice could make him fall asleep, make him feel comforted, and last night he missed his Junsu so much that he cried and cried when he woke up because Junsu wasn't there. He was more attached day by day to Junsu. It came to the point where every time he opened his eyes he wanted Junsu to be there.

Because he had loved this hyung too much.

Changmin blinked rapidly, tried really hard to shoo away the tears that building up at the back of his eyes. He smacked his face lightly to bring himself out of thinking of Junsu. He had a call from Jaejoong's company to come to work today. He was glad when he received the call, and decided to finish his work first before he declared it to Junsu that he would no longer work under Jaejoong. Even if Jaejoong was dangerous in Junsu's eyes, he was convinced if he could be professional with him, he would be in his good book. Furthermore, Jaejoong had known about the fact that he's there for only short time.

Changmin arrived at the company and informed Jaejoong's secretary about it. Changmin was immediately asked to enter the studio in the third floor. Changmin was aware that everyone was apparently whispering behind his back. He didn't know why and it's bothering him. He didn't want to feel so conscious about himself but couldn't. It was so obvious.

When he stepped his foot inside the studio, Jaejoong was already there talking about something to the director of the shooting. Changmin looked around and saw nothing that could hint 'underwear' to him. He walked to Jaejoong, his steps slow and silent.

"Good evening, Director Kim," Changmin bowed down when he felt the distance between them was appropriately close. Jaejoong turned at him. He wore a straight face.

"How about your tests?" Jaejoong asked.

"It's fine..." Changmin blushed because apparently Jaejoong remembered their last encounter.

"Today, you won't have to do the underwear shooting. Only a shirt brand. If you can do this the way I want it then you can have the underwear deal."

"But, Director Kim, I only agreed for one..."

"Unless you don't want the pay for both of them. You had to do both or nothing," Changmin was disappointed. It felt like Jaejoong had cheated him - and his Jaejoong rarely lie to him, only on playful occasions - and he couldn't do anything about it. Changmin nodded finally. "Get ready,"

"Okay." Changmin dragged his legs to where he should put on the shirts. All of them looked stylish and chic for white collared adults. He wasn't used to model shirts, but this would suffice. Changmin had his make-up done and after thirty minutes he was ready for shooting. Because he was trained to have a stoic face during shoots, he was able to maintain his straight face and if needed they would ask him to smirk. He did how they told him to pose, he stretched his muscle a bit, and put a bit of arrogance touch to the picture.

Jaejoong was there the whole time. He did look like someone who was involved in mafia business. He was leaning against the wall, a jacket was draped over his shoulder like a cape. He was staring at how Changmin do his job. He talked to the cameraman on how he wanted the outcome of the pictures.

When everything was over, Changmin could finally breathe. There was a moment where he had to flip his shirt up to show off some abs. He wasn't comfortable to do that, not on the first shooting of his modelling career. In addition, this time he was alone. Changmin sat in the corner and took off the expensive shirt and handed it to the noonas. He stole a glance at Jaejoong. He was on the phone.

"Are you the new kid?" Changmin turned and saw a woman in her thirties.

"Ne. Please take care of me." Changmin bowed down and the woman smiled. She looked really friendly.

"You know, you just pushed all the competition aside. The audition was cancelled because of you."

"What?"

"Ah, I have to introduce myself. My name is Yumi. Call me noona."

"Yumi noona." Changmin echoed. "Why did you say that?"

"Jaejoong-ssi suddenly didn't want all the participants of the audition. They had to go back home empty-handedly. Even though this company has a secret on its own, the pay is really expensive and everyone wanted to work under Jaejoong-ssi."

"Why?"

"Look at the wondrous face. Who wouldn't be lured by the ethereal beauty? The pay is good, and if you are nice to Jaejoong-ssi you would get even better privilege." Yumi noona squealed. "But you have to be careful, honey. You're young, and Jaejoong-ssi already has a boyfriend."

"I'm not here for him. I'm here for a job."

"You say that now." Yumi noona chuckled and her eyes glimmered when she eyed Jaejoong. "Omo! He's coming here! We'll talk later, kay? Tooddles!"

Changmin smiled weakly before he turned around and saw Jaejoong smiled at him. It was actually something because as Changmin remembered it, Jaejoong's smile so far hadn't reach his eyes yet. Changmin bowed his head.

"Your pictures came out pretty,"

"Thank you." he beamed, satisfied with himself.

"It's a ticket for you to be an underwear model," Jaejoong smirked. He put a hand on Changmin's shoulder and felt he squeezed it a bit. Changmin shuddered when he locked their eyes together. His gaze wasn't something to joke about. "I'm not going to give up on you just like that."

"Director Kim,"

"It is lucky for you for me to be this generous." Jaejoong said and pulled away his hand. He smiled even wider to Changmin. The younger man wondered what actually lingered in his mind when he did the gestures.

"Thank you, Director Kim."

"The next shooting is tomorrow. Make sure to come early," Jaejoong tightened his hold on the coat around him. "This shooting ends too early. Tomorrow you'll have to endure more of it and in less skin." Changmin didn't say anything. "Why are you staring at me like that? Am I that beautiful that you can't take your eyes off me?" Changmin was startled by the remark. This Jaejoong was vain. He knew what he did to people around him. Changmin looked down upon his shoes but his mouth remained silent. He was staring at Jaejoong because he knew he wouldn't have that much time to spend with him, and because he missed his Jaejoong so much. Just by looking at him, he could feel his heart blooming because of it. "Hey, say something."

"I can't." Changmin shook his head. "It's too much for me." he mumbled.

"Why?" Jaejoong beamed, obviously he was having fun of shy Changmin.

"Director Kim,"

"Call me Jaejoong." he abruptly cut Changmin off.

"Jaejoong-ssi," Changmin felt weird to say it. He was used to Jaejoong-hyung. "Do you...do you believe in the alternate universe?" Jaejoong frowned and then smiled again.

"Alternate universe."

"Like, do you ever feel dejavu? There had been scientists who were involved in searching why dejavu happened and with more researches there are possibilities that the alternate universe is actually possible."

"O---kay." Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

"Do you believe in alternate universe?

"I don't know. Do you?" Changmin thought for a while he couldn't tell Jaejoong that he actually was in the other world that he currently lived in.

"It's just..." he considered he would just let only Junsu knew this. He couldn't bare the fact that he had to endure another sceptical opinion about him. "Because sometimes I felt like I don't belong here."

"You maybe a stubborn man, but actually you deserved more than this. But I didn't want to force you anymore than this."

"I'm sorry I let you down," Jaejoong waved his hand and shook his head.

"I can find anyone. But I just thought you are...a typical model." Changmin smiled weakly. "Are you from Seoul?"

"Yes."

"Still living with your parents?" it hurts Changmin.

"No." Changmin tried his best to not show his weakness but it seemed like Jaejoong noticed it because his smile suddenly died. Jaejoong was quite an observer. He looked away and walked to the couch that was there. The other staffs were packing up and organising things.

"You can go home now." Jaejoong swiped his tongue across his lower lip.

"Thank you." Changmin bowed his head a bit. He headed to the door as Jaejoong watched him from afar.

***

Changmin wanted to see Junsu so he took a bus to where Junsu worked. He had had enough of walking.

When he arrived, he went to the room where Junsu brought him before. He wasn't there so he had to ask.

"Kim Junsu? Docent Kim?" a girl who was so short Changmin had a stiff neck while looking down at him scratched her head. "I think he might be at the auditorium."

"Auditorium. Okay. But do you know how to get there?" the girl gave him instructions and Changmin thanked her. But when he was on his way to the auditorium, he started to wonder if Junsu would become mad because he came here without his permission. But Changmin was curious. He needed to feed the curiousity that started to rise. Changmin's pace became slow when he was reminded of this. His mind boggled, battling between wanted to see Junsu and scared of him getting mad.

The dilemma inside his mind fought on as he came across a pamphlet on the floor. He picked it up and read it.

It was an orchestra concert. He read on and was shocked when he found out it would be held in the grand hall of the academy.

The orchestra concert would be conducted by Junsu.

A/N annyeong haseyo everyone! thank you for the comments and subscriptions. they really made me happy, and based on the comments that i got, i will try to improve the draggy plot by now. we will meet Yunho soon but i still have some difficulties in how to make a storyline to meet Yoochun. he's a manga-ka and his personality is a bit...let's just stop here.

and thank you so much for reading this story! Jaejoong would be a whole lot crueler so please be prepared! ^_^