Chapter 18

In Another World

Yunho was sitting alone on his bed, his face was pale, his lips cracked, his hair was messy, his eyes had bags under it, and his cheeks were sticky from the tears stain. He was pushed to the very edge unable to do anything. He was alone in this, his band members weren't here. The manager knew he would call them, or even tried to contact them so the managers had cut off his current number and replaced it with a new one. He rubbed his tired eyes, tired as always been in misery and always had no idea what to do. Jaejoong wasn't here to assist him and he was as lost as a child.

How could he let Changmin leave that night just like that?

He started to blame himself. Just like he had blamed himself when the other three left them. If only he knew what would happen, if only he could see what was coming he would try to find a solution to get them together again.

But right now he was so helpless. He couldn't even contact the other three. He wondered if they knew that Changmin had gone missing for two weeks now. They found his car, much faraway from Seoul but not the driver. Yunho knew one thing for sure that Changmin was alone that night. He knew Changmin tended to be alone when he was troubled. When the other three were there, Changmin however couldn't find any privacy whenever he felt sad so he ended up pouring everything out to his hyungs.

Yunho knew Changmin was blown away the most when Junsu decided he was leaving. Changmin had always been close to Junsu, always looked up to him and felt comforted when he was with him. He also knew by Junsu leaving it scarred Changmin because he was the last to know. But what if he told Changmin earlier that it was Junsu who initiated the idea of them leaving? He was sure Changmin didn't know about this yet because he wouldn't want Changmin to think differently of Junsu more than he already had. He needed to protect every member, and he knew Changmin would hate him if he knew about it.

He hit his chest with his fist repeatedly. The obvious pain that his heart brought came again. He closed his eyes.

Ottoke? Jaejoongie, what would you do? Yoochun-ah, what would you do? Junsu-yah, what would you do? Uri Changmin is gone. Uri Changmin had run away because of me not taking care of him that well.

Yunho wept. He wanted to tell someone so much but he couldn't do anything.

***

"Hyung..." Changmin was crying when he saw his hyung in that state. When he opened his eyes, this was what he saw. Yunho was wailing his eyes out. His eyes were red like he hadn't slept for days. His heart was broken.

Was he back to his own world?

He knew this was his Yunho. He knew the hair; it was different from Yunho the lawyer. Yunho was silent, he looked like he would collapse anytime sooner. Changmin walked forward and tried to put a hand on Yunho, to reach out for him. But his target missed.

He couldn't touch Yunho. He waved his hand before Yunho's very eyes but he couldn't see him.

"Hyung!" Changmin called out louder. He tried to grab Yunho's shoulder but failed. He panicked. Why couldn't he touch Yunho? "Do you hear me?"

But Yunho kept silent. He put his face in both his palms. He stayed still, his chest wasn't moving and when it finally moved only Changmin felt relieved. Since he was here, there were still no words left Yunho's lips. He was mourning.

Suddenly his phone rang. Changmin who couldn't do anything just watched as Yunho grasped the gadget, gave a weak glance at the caller and pressed answer.

"He...llo?" Changmin was so close to Yunho who was sitting on his bed. He could hear him whispered, his voice was so hoarse. "How did you get my number?"

Yunho waited for the caller to answer. Changmin saw his hyung's tears started to stream faster. Yunho looked up at the ceiling and massaged the bridge of his nose. He was obviously trying to block out the tears. He blinked furiously. "No, you don't...I don't know, Joongie. Do you think I'm okay without Changmin?" to Changmin's surprise Yunho sobbed harder. He had never seen his leader cried, it was always with Jaejoong.

The invisible Changmin knew it was Jaejoong, the only person that Yunho would let inside. He was the only person who knew when to cheer Yunho and always be there when Yunho shed his tears. Like, for now.

But it was evident that Yunho was still mad. Even though his tears were flowing like mad rivers, his frown was there for Changmin to see.

"No. You're not sorry, you left me. You guys left us." Yunho said with contempt. "I don't want your excuses," he waited for responses. "Damn right you're worried! Now you said you're worried! What are you thinking when you left? What can I say to Changmin's parents? I'm sad and angry and disheartened! Do you think I want to know if you're worried?!" Changmin cowered as Yunho suddenly snapped. His voice was so loud. He could imagine Jaejoong on the other line had started to cry. "No, don't cry! Joongie! Don't!"

Yunho screamed as loud as he could before he put the phone back on his ears. The tears still streamed as furious as he was right now.

"You're regretting it now? Why can't you think about this when you walk out that door, huh?!" Yunho grunted and roughly he wiped his tears. "Changmin is gone! HE'S GONE! And you!"

Changmin put a hand on his mouth.

No, please don't fight because of me! Changmin wanted to shout, but no way could Yunho hear him.

"I have nothing to tell you. Leave me alone in this misery because you had opted to choose your dreams," Yunho closed his eyes and started to sob. He sobbed louder and nodded. "No...Joongie..." he knelt down on the floor and wiped his tears. "I'm sorry I yelled at you..." his emotions dropped to a new low. "You're not a jerk. Don't tell Yoochun and Junsu..." he nodded and rubbed his eyes. "Joongie, I don't know what to do. We can never meet for this time being. They are watching me all the time. I can't even go out to find Changmin," he was silent and he cried again. "He's not gone. He's somewhere, I know. He's a fighter, he'll be back to us."

Faith, have faith in me. Changmin reached out to his hyung and put an invisible hand on Yunho's shoulder. He couldn't touch him. He knew this fact but it comforted him to do so.

"Always," Yunho said.

***

Changmin woke up with a start. He nearly fell down of bed because of it.

"Changmin...?" he heard the familiar voice. He turned and saw Junsu who was rubbing his eyes at the side of his bed. He clearly just had woken up from sleep.

"Hyung!" he reached out both his hands and embraced Junsu. He hugged Junsu so tightly that the older man felt it hard to breathe. "Hyung, I'm so scared...thank God you're here," Junsu smiled lightly and he started to rub circles behind Changmin's back. The maknae closed his eyes.

It was only a dream, but it felt so real!

Or maybe what he saw depicted the real life of his Yunho! The leader was searching desperately for him. He was locked up by the cruel managers and they made him changed his cell number.

"Shh..." Junsu hushed Changmin when the maknae started to sob. Both of them stayed that way for a moment until Changmin was ready to let his hyung go. When Changmin had wiped away his tears, he looked directly into Junsu's eyes.

"You hid something from me." Changmin's statement made the smile on his hyung's face died. Junsu turned to the other cheek. "I'm sorry I didn't get to hear the rest of your performance," Junsu's stoic face didn't change. "You knew where I've gone, right?"

"Changmin...it's something that you wouldn't understand."

"Then, make me!" Changmin said and instantly he regretted it. His head suddenly was hurting too bad that the lights in the room was blinding his eyes. "Ah!" he growled and his hands clutched his head.

"Nurse!" Junsu called out and a second later a male nurse came in. He laid Junsu down when the doctor came in. Changmin's headache made him howled in pain. Junsu stood from aside, his hand in his mouth as he saw Changmin struggled on the bed. Junsu's body shook but the words wouldn't come out.

He kept his mouth shut. The doctor administered Tramal for the pain and Changmin was calm again. His laboured breathe became steady. The medical authorities left after they had made sure Changmin had been in the more stable state. Junsu stood up next to Changmin's bed. He looked calm on the outside, his eyelids barely batted, his posture was rigid and his face was expressionless. He watched Changmin, his mind was busy thinking about Changmin's real whereabouts. Changmin had fallen into a state of drowsiness and his eyes were closed again. Junsu his face and silently he apologised to Changmin. Everything that happened to Changmin had been anticipated by him, but he didn't expect them to act this fast.

Changmin had fallen asleep after a while. He still wore that frown as his breathe became steady. Junsu leaned down and kissed the top of Changmin's head. He was nearly choked by that much information kept inside his head that he hid from Changmin.

It wasn't time yet; Junsu Changmin's head and then sat down on the chair beside the bed. He let out a heavy breathe, and rested his head on Changmin's cold hand. He grasped Changmin's finger, squeezed it and saw the cuts on Changmin's wrist. He rubbed it lightly, feeling pitiful of the younger male. He must be struggling really hard to release himself. He kissed his wrist, and felt the fingers moved and held his face. Junsu looked up, and saw Changmin opened his eyes.

"I thought you're asleep."

"I'm awakened by you." Junsu didn't say anything and continued to watch Changmin. Changmin was enraged by this; Junsu never wanted to talk about anything to him. Changmin was discouraged by this and he pouted. Junsu leaned down and tried to steal a kiss but Changmin turned his face away. Junsu bit the inside of his cheek. The room was silence and only the sound of the air conditioner could be heard. "Tell me everything,"

Junsu stayed quiet.

"Tell me," Changmin turned to Junsu, his eyes were pleading.

"I can't."

"Do you know Yunho before he met you at the restaurant?"

"Changmin, stop forcing me!"

"You're the reason I was in this misery in the first place!"

Junsu didn't reply.

"Tell me, please." Changmin begged like a child.

"No." Junsu said sternly and pierced Changmin's body with his stare. Changmin reached out to touch Junsu but the older man hit his hand away. "Changmin, I'm not going to tell you anything..."

"At least, let me know why I was kidnapped. Tell me if you're okay,"

"I'm more than fine," Junsu hissed, rolled his eyes. Changmin bit his lower lip. "Look, Changmin. You're in a lot of pain. Asking me questions that you shouldn't know the answers would make your pain worse, I don't want to be responsible for that,"

"Hyung!" Changmin shot up. Junsu put his hands on his shoulders to stop him from sitting up. "No,"

"Don't talk anymore. This is not your business,"

"It had become one for me when I was kidnapped! I deserve to know why I was there with Lawyer Jung when you said that you didn't know him at all!" Junsu was flabbergasted. "I didn't ask much. I wanted to know why you're in danger, why I was involved and why..."

"You're not entitled to know, Changmin," Changmin glared at him. He was mad but he had lost his will to ask for more. Junsu evaded his eyes and he stood up to walk away from Changmin.

"Hyung!"

"Once you ask me again about it, I'll leave." Changmin was taken aback. The last scene when his Junsu, Jaejoong, and Yoochun left replayed inside Changmin's head. He grabbed Junsu's hand and quickly he got so emotional that he cried. Junsu balled his fist when he saw how Changmin's changed.

"Don't leave, please." Changmin sobbed. He didn't want Junsu to leave him for the second time. He grabbed harder, his tears started to stream down his cheeks. "Please don't leave. I promise to not do it again," Changmin held on to Junsu's sleeves like it was his dear life. Junsu felt his heart tugged.

He wanted to believe that Changmin came from another world and that he was scarred by it, but it was too insane to even think about it. He wanted to shoo the tears away, but he couldn't let any more person inside his life. He couldn't afford it.

Junsu sat down and Changmin sobbed silently as his eyes watched Junsu. Both of their hearts were hurting. If it was his Junsu, Changmin knew Junsu would be the one who would be this soaked in tears and not him. The last time he met his Junsu, he was so drenched in tears that his eyes were swollen severely.

Junsu let Changmin held onto his sleeves until he fell asleep.

***

Junsu opened his eyes, and yawned. He fell asleep by caressing Changmin's face. He felt sorry for the kid but there's nothing that he could do. He couldn't protect the kid properly and love him the way both of him wanted him to, because it would cross the boundaries that he had created from people around him.

But he would say he was addicted to kissing the boy. He was so lovable, so fragile in his sleeping state. He had been broken both mentally and now, physically.

He leaned down again, and softly he pushed one lock of hair and with his thumb he caressed the skin above Changmin's forehead. He smiled. He wanted to wipe those tears, made him happy again.

Dr Kang told him that there's nothing wrong about Changmin. Everything was fine and he was as healthy as other man out there. He was even as fit as a horse.

Would it be possible to believe Changmin's words that he was a superstar? He was used to dancing and singing without losing a moment to breathe. But, what about his memory?

Dr Kang said his cerebrum and cerebellar function were intact, and his IQ was quite high. There's no treatment he could do to Changmin except to refer him to a psychiatrist for further history. But Changmin was Changmin. He would tell the same old story, about his Junsu and his world.

It's not possible for a person as old as Changmin to have such a vivid imagination and emotions when it comes to that. Changmin wouldn't lie, would he? Or else, how can he sing notes as high like that without assistant? He must have had his trainings for quite a while to have such control to his voice the way he did when he last heard him sing. Junsu was more than impressed when Changmin sang the few notes, and he was shocked to find himself started to believe in Changmin's stories.

Junsu sighed. He smiled to himself and he sealed their lips together. Changmin was still sleeping. Junsu his lips, tasting every corner and satisfied that Changmin who was oblivious that he had been kissed without permission. Junsu nibbled Changmin's lower lip, in his heart he was jumping with joy. When Changmin rejected his kiss, Junsu wanted to hold his face and force one on those sinful lips. He wanted to kiss and bite on it until they went red and swollen. He let go and sat down again.

Then he turned towards the door. The door was opened and Jaejoong was standing there with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Their eyes met, immediately Junsu felt his breathe left him.

Jaejoong's lips curled into a smirk.

A/N Annyeong!!! Jaejoong strikes again! he's so evil it made my heart jingles with joy. tee hee

well, thank you for everyone that comments and asked me questions. your questions really helped me a lot, because i would be reminded of how the original plot would be. would you like it if there's something going on between Yunho and changmin, or do you want me to restrict their relationship to just friends? please tell me and thank you in advance!

and if you're confused of why Junsu is this and that, his character was so mysterious that me myself had a bit of a headache to create his story. but everything's fine now due to your feedbacks! thank you again!

my note getting longer now so i should stop.