Chapter 44A

In Another World

He was cold; everything around him was dark and scary. He waved both his arms around and failed to grab onto anything. He was merely drowned in something with nothing to hold onto. His lungs felt like they were going to burst anytime soon due to the lack of oxygen. His legs were numb and he couldn't move them at all and that's what made him scared beyond words now. He couldn't scream, he couldn't reach out and he couldn't see at all. The claustrophobic feelings started to make him choked.

Help! He tried to shout but nothing happened. It was only in his head. He panicked. He struggled to stay afloat, tried to get out and move but his body stayed that way, frozen and lifeless.

What had happened?

"Over here!" just when he thought he had lost all hopes, he heard voices as faint as the wind. He struggled to open his eyes but it was too dark; no light hit his retina. But he was sure he heard something.

"Here!" he heard the voice again, and hope flickered inside his heart. He moved his arms, the only limbs that could do what he wanted. But his body suddenly sunk. He coughed, and water streamed into his nose.

It was so painful.

He couldn't lose hope now.

But his head was spinning and the lack of oxygen made him weaker by the seconds. The cough made him worse.

He was drowning, now he's sure of it.

***

Yunho entered the apartment after a little argument with the guards downstairs. He wanted to call him but the singer had turned it off, and it had been so hard to reach out to him now that both of them changed numbers quite often. Yunho gritted his teeth as he climbed the stairs after he abandoned the elevator because he didn't want anybody seeing him entering the apartment.

The restraining order had been out for hours now. They, as in Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun were forbidden to meet Yunho and Changmin regardless of the situation that happened between them. Yunho knew it would happen eventually because the executives in SM wouldn't let them run loose just like that. They did something to kill their spirits, and maybe they would give up and come back to them to be tortured once again. Yunho knew but he didn't expect it to happen so soon. He could barely breathe after his mourn when the three left when he was shocked by the news of Changmin caught into an accident and disappeared ever since. It was such a mystery for him and the rest of the guys because they couldn't find anything related to his sudden disappearance. Yunho even went to the country side looking and searching for Changmin but to no avail. He practically vanished. Even the authorities who held responsible to the search couldn't find any evidence that Changmin was involved in the accident except for the car that was damaged was his. Yunho would recognise it anywhere because he accompanied Changmin to buy that car.

Yunho was panting when he arrived at the floor he was going to. He bent down, inhaled a deep breath before he started walking to the apartment door. He knocked the door, not bothering to press on the damn bell. He knocked three times but no one came to open it. He knocked louder.

"Aish!" he groaned. "Jaejoong-ah...!" he wanted to shout but he didn't want to let the other residents to know he was here. He looked around, the corridor was empty. "Jaejoong!" still no one came to the door. He kicked the base of the door, feeling impatient right now. "Kim Jaejoong!" he knocked and knocked when suddenly the door opened.

"Yunho?" Jaejoong appeared in front of him. His body was wrapped in a green blanket, one that Yunho gave him for a birthday present and it looked a bit tattered because Jaejoong always used it. He was unshaved and his hair was all over the place, he looked terrible bottom-line. Yunho stared down at his friend, and Jaejoong averted his gaze away. He stepped a bit to let Yunho entered. Yunho put a hand on Jaejoong's shoulder but the older man walked inside and went to the couch ignoring Yunho.

Yunho sighed silently to himself. He too was losing his mind but why did Jaejoong had to treat him like this?

"Get dressed," Jaejoong didn't reply. Yunho went to him and put both hands on his waist.

"I don't want to go out."

"Jaejoong..."

"I don't want to!" Jaejoong shrieked and buried his face in the blanket. "You are going to abandon us one day...and I'm never going to see you again because they wouldn't, they wouldn't let me see you...!"

"What are you talking about, Joongie-ah?" Yunho was tired and he was going to deliver the news but Jaejoong was being difficult.

"I'm screwed. The three of us are screwed because..."

"Stop it, Jae. I have more important news right now and you're being paranoid again..."

"Why shouldn't I when they had brought out the restraining order now?! They would crush us..."

"Jaejoong...stop. You're getting ridiculous. Get dressed now."

"I don't want to! I'm hideous! I'm useless!" Yunho grabbed both Jaejoong's shoulder and shook it. Jaejoong felt incredibly light and Yunho getting goose bumps of it.

"No. Jaejoong. Listen to me. They have found Changmin."

"Bwoh? You lied!"

"Then why am I here? I couldn't ing contact you because of your number kept changing. I couldn't see you in public and I didn't get any news of you because you kept holed up in this ing apartment! Now, get the up and get dressed. We are going to see Changmin now."

***

Changmin opened his eyes. He was lying on a bed, in a private room, just like the last time he remembers it. He winced when the light hit his eyes. He wanted to move but his body was so weak it defied what Changmin wanted to do. He sighed instead. His lips were dry and he felt his throat was constricted.

He wanted to call for help, wanted to ask for a drink but he paused.

He couldn't bring his guard down. He just couldn't let anyone deceived him anymore. If he let people lie to him again, it's not only his life would be jeopardised but Junsu's too. He couldn't forgive himself if anything happen to Junsu because of him.

He clenched the sheet of the bed. He had not been handcuffed or tied up. Even his legs were free. He smiled to himself.

He could run if the security let down their guard. Yihan would never get hold of me, just like how Junsu wanted him to. He would listen to Yunho, run away from Yihan by hook or by crook.

The door was opened and Yunho appeared.

Changmin froze. He wanted to call out his name but his tongue didn't want to do what he wanted. His eyes darted to Yunho's chest trying to find some evidence to see if he's been shot, just like how his memories remembers it to be.

Yunho was shot, he knew it! He saw it!

His eyes went to his shoulder; Yunho looked fine. He didn't look in pain. He certainly didn't look like he's dying just like how his memories told him.

He tightened his grasp on the sheet. If Yunho was this healthy, it's not impossible he's going to deceive him again.

He immediately felt enraged, and his mind wanted to find protection for himself.

"Changmin..." Yunho voiced out. He looked sincerely concerned but Changmin didn't want to be lied anymore.

"Don't come near." Changmin opened the drawer of the table beside him and found a pair of chopsticks. He held it with such effort that his knuckles became white. Yunho took a step back.

"What are you doing, Changmin?"

"You...!" Changmin was determined. He would escape this time. He was sure Yunho was lying to him again. "...you lied!"

"Bwoh?" Yunho was astonished, puzzled. Changmin held tighter the chopsticks in his hands, if it meant it would kill someone then be it. "Changmin...what are you doing? Why..."

"Stop pretending!"

"Changmin? I'm Yunho."

"Yes, I know you are ing Jung Yunho!" Yunho was taken aback when he heard how Changmin called his name. "Now get out of here and leave me alone if you don't want me to kill you!"

Yunho couldn't believe what he just heard. Did Changmin being hurt so much that he was practically out of his mind?

He held both his hands up, showing to Changmin he was under his mercy and he wasn't going to hurt Changmin, at all. Why would he? Changmin was his dongsaeng, the one he was going to take care of. He searched high and low for him, and now that he found him, he was acting very strangely.

And he didn't look like he had been in a car accident because the wound was very minimal. What's weirder was the doctor told him all the wounds on Changmin's body weren't naturally happened during a vehicle accident but rather by abuse. His wounds seem inflicted by people, not objects.

Yunho noticed there were cuts and bruises on Changmin's wrists. His eyes were swollen and his lips seemed like they had been bitten.

"You're playing with me again, huh? I will not fall this time! I will run and save Junsu and you will rot behind!" Changmin screamed.

"Junsu?" Yunho stepped nearer. "Changmin, what are you talking about?"

"Don't come near." Changmin threw one of the chopsticks and hit Yunho in the stomach but it didn't give any pain at all to the leader. "I'll kill you!"

Something is wrong, Yunho gritted his teeth. He's different.

"Why do you want to kill me?"

"Because once again you lied to me! You pretended to be shot just to trap me here?"

"I was shot?" when? Yunho was seriously going crazy with confusion now.

"You were shot in front of my eyes! Don't tell me everything was a lie because I saw it with my own eyes that you nearly died because they shot you!"

"Changmin? I have never been shot." Yunho approached closer.

"Liar!"

"Yes. I have never been shot. I have never seen a real gun in action too," Yunho said calmly, hoping that Changmin would revert to his rational self again.

"Where's Junsu?" he demanded. "Where's Junsu-hyung?!" he shouted louder.

"He's okay. He had woken up from his misery. I'm sure he'll be happy when he knew we found you..."

"He would not be happy when you found me! He told me to run away!"

"But why, Changmin? Why would you run from me?"

"Because you..."

Changmin stopped and studied Yunho's feature again.

"Can I...can I see Junsu-hyung?" Changmin asked.

"I'm going to bring them here, Changmin." Yunho said with a low voice. Suddenly his eyes turned sad as he gazed them downward to the floor. "But you have to wait. I have to tell you since your disappearance, things had change. The three of them are not allowed to see us,"

The three of them? Changmin frowned.

"Three?" Yunho nodded. Again, he felt weird that Changmin acted like he was talking in alien language.

"Yes. Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong." Yunho had a bit of difficulties when he wanted to say the last name. They just had a big argument on the way to see Changmin regarding the new restraining order. He succeeded in bringing Jaejoong out of his apartment but when he came to the hospital, there was security and Jaejoong couldn't get pass them. Jaejoong was so furious he nearly fought with his fists with the guards outside. Luckily Yunho was there to control the situation. In the end, Yunho brought Jaejoong to Yoochun's house and they fought again, him and Jaejoong. He knows Jaejoong was disappointed in him and he couldn't help but blaming himself too. He was a failed leader. Even when Changmin was right there in front of their eyes, he couldn't bring the others to reunite.

"What?" Changmin couldn't believe it. Somehow his instinct told him something was definitely wrong, something was not quite the same. "Jaejoong? Yoochun? Are you trying to make Yoochun involved too?"

Yunho again felt something was off, but he's going to play along.

"Changmin...I think you hit your head pretty good." he said slowly, trying to insert some reason inside Changmin's head. "Yoochun is very involved with us. He's our member. Your friend. Your hyung. Uri Yoochun."

This time Changmin's jaw dropped.

Member?

Yunho used the word member?

Uri Yoochun?

Suddenly his eyes glistened with tears.

"Hyung..." he felt his throat drier than ever. There was a lump forming. "...is here?" the chopstick fell down and the sound of it hitting the floor could be heard. Yunho nodded.

"I am Yunho. Who do you think I am?" he spread his arms wide. "I'm here. Changmin, it's me, Yunho-hyung. Hyung is here for you."

"Stop!" Changmin put both his hands to cover his ears. Again, Yunho was disappointed. He thought Changmin had remembered who he was or, at least recognised him as a good guy and not someone he wanted to kill. He didn't want to die by being stabbed with chopsticks. Never. Uh-uh. "Prove to me that...that..."

Changmin was lost at words. What prove that he wanted from Yunho? What does he want from Yunho? He couldn't fathom what he was actually doing now. He couldn't think now and his head hurts so much. He was terrified at the man in front of him, traumatised by what he did but somehow...somehow...

His tears dropped one by one. His head felt so heavy. The fear and the instinct were clashing inside him. His fear consisted of Yunho who would hunt him down, being protective of Junsu and harming him in return. But his instinct told him that this, in front of him was...

"Changmin, don't you know me?" Yunho put both his hands on his chest. "I'm Yunho. Your Yunho."

Your Yunho? Mine?

He closed his eyes as the flashbacks hit him.

I will call Junsu in this world, Junsu and the one in the real world, my Junsu. It felt so good. My Junsu.

My Yunho.

He stared at Yunho.

"Don't you remember me?" Yunho smiled.

And then he started to sing.

And the song was Hug. Changmin put both hands on his mouth. Tears streamed down like two small rivers on his cheeks.

He was back! He was back in his world!

He was sobbing when Yunho finished singing. Yunho took this as a cue to approach Changmin again. Changmin jumped towards Yunho and hugged him as tightly as he could.

The bad dreams. The bad dreams had ended.

A/N wait, there's a second part of this chapter! please keep on reading! thank you very much for subscribing, commenting and reading this!