Chapter 40

In Another World

"He didn't answer the phone." Dr Kang said as he put his phone down. "It's weird because Changmin-ssi also didn't answer my call." Yoochun who was still in the room scratched his forehead with his index finger. He looked at the book on Dr Kang's table.

"What is Junsu-ssi suffering from?" Dr Kang stared into an empty space in the room before he took a deep breath. He touched his left ear and corrected his position on the chair. Yoochun's eyes fixed on the book that was on the table, the book was filled with jargons and words that would take him forever to understand but he knew it was about Junsu.

That cold night, Junsu had come to see him. Yoochun was surprised when he came because he had never thought a person like him would visit him personally. He had always admired Junsu's work, and he bought his CDs and listened to them frequently. Junsu stopped composing with Jaejoong, who was also his favourite song-writer years ago. Then he was deprived of their angelic sound music. They made the saddest and most beautiful love songs, and sometimes they came out with great rock songs. He always listened to their songs when he needed ideas for his manhwa. Most of their songs were sung by great artists with powerful vocals, and rarely their works went unrecognised. Of course the artists were more popular, but Yoochun didn't care. He only listened to their songs, disregard who sang them.

When Yoochun opened the door, Junsu somehow seemed so pale. When they shook hands, his hand was so cold it felt like grasping ice. He could blame it on the cold starlit night but might be it was Junsu himself.

He told him about an account that he had established and intended to donate money to his brother. Yoochun had declined but he insisted so Yoochun told him that he would do what he could. But Yoochun wouldn't do it. He would donate the money to somewhere else, because Yoohwan wouldn't want it after all.

But that wasn't all that being Junsu's intention that night. He wanted to know about Changmin. He knew Changmin always go there to have a chat with Yoochun and he wanted to know what the chats were all about. And Yoochun told him truthfully. He didn't leave one single detail, including of the possibility that Changmin was really not from the world that they were in. Changmin was from other universe, and there had been confusion from his side too. He was insecure and unsure of how exactly he was flung there. Yoochun also told him about how he once being in the same situation.

"He's suffering from leukaemia." Dr Kang began. "It's been...what? Three to four years already. His disease is what public would say a cancer of the white blood cells. His type of leukaemia is common amongst adults, even though his age wasn't the peak ones. He had had this cancer before four years ago, and he was treated in the overseas. I was responsible for it, I referred him to a better and the most sophisticated centre for patients like him. He returned a year after that, almost healthy."

"Four years ago?" Yoochun was reminded of when Junsu stopped appearing with Jaejoong. "That was when he and Jaejoong stopped talking to each other."

"Yes, there are commotions about that. I was responsible at that time to keep the secrets. Well, as a doctor it was a private stuff between a doctor and a patient, the information it is. He did tell his family that he's going to leave to overseas and abandoned them. The treatment still carries a lot of risks." Dr Kang stopped. "He told you all about this already?"

"He told me about he's having leukaemia, but I don't understand a thing. He told me about leaving too." Yoochun's face was painted with sorrow. He knew how Junsu felt, because his case was just like Yoohwan's. He must have had a hard time.

"His condition as of right now is not looking good. People who the disease recur had worst prognosis, I mean..." Dr Kang cleared his throat. "...outcomes. They might as well didn't get the treatment in the first place."

Yoochun chewed the inside of his cheek. It never occurred to him that someone like him could have a deadly disease like this.

"But there's hope to improve his quality of life. As of now, he had been having symptoms,"

Both of them were silent for a while. Dr Kang was letting the information sink in, and Yoochun was digesting it as much as possible.

Dr Kang flipped through the sheets of paper on his table. He looked concerned.

"Junsu's haemoglobin is low too. He can't afford to be in any accident that would cause even a loss of a drop of blood."

***

Jaejoong was scared, it showed prominently on his face. Changmin kept on crying, his tears blinded his sight and wetted his face.

"Let us go!" Changmin shouted desperately. Yunho looked at Jaejoong and his men froze too. Junsu was already lying on the floor, not one muscle moved. "Please...this is not revenge anymore, Jaejoong-ssi...he will die if..." he choked on his tears. "...hyung..." Changmin knelt down, hopelessly nudging Junsu with his shoulder.

"You're not cheating me or any..."

"NO!" Changmin squealed. He shook his head violently. "He's sick. He's leukaemic! He's going to die if he lost more blood!"

"But..." Jaejoong almost collapsed but Yunho held him. Jaejoong pushed the lawyer away. "...how?"

"I don't know!" Changmin lamented. "It's...I don't know when it starts! It's just...it's just there!"

"." Jaejoong muttered under his breath. His eyes darted to his men. "Send the helicopter. We need to send him to the hospital fast!"

Yunho pulled a trench coat and put it on Jaejoong's body. Jaejoong glared at Changmin, his eyes were red but Changmin didn't know of what. Changmin was still shaking, as he was very much and cold. His hands felt numb because he had been tied up for so long.

He tried to hug Junsu but couldn't. Jaejoong dialled a number and in a matters of minute, two men came in and brought Junsu out from the room.

"Hyung!" Changmin yelled. He didn't want to be separated from Junsu, not now.

Jaejoong turned towards him, and back at Yunho.

"Bring him along." he ordered Yunho and Yunho nodded. Jaejoong pulled the coat closer to his body and he rushed outside with the phone still stuck to his right ear. Changmin closed his eyes, he cried and cried until he hiccupped.

"Let's get out of here." Yunho touched him and for a second, Changmin flinched. Yunho's face was unreadable, like a robot. He took the blanket from the bed and wrapped it around Changmin. He gathered pants from the floor and put it on the singer before him himself dressed up. He pulled Changmin's arms, dragged him out from the room.

Changmin couldn't see the direction he was going because he was too busy crying. He was scared, and now that Yunho acted all caring again he became more frightened. What if everything was only a facade and he would fall into their trap again? To be exact, Jaejoong's trap?

Changmin followed when they climbed into a limousine, there were guards too. Yunho was silent. He seated Changmin beside him in the limousine and untied his hands. He even put another jacket to warm Changmin up. Changmin flinched every time Yunho's cold fingers touched his skin and scooted away. He casted his gaze downward as he continued crying. In fact, only his voice crying and the sound of the heater inhabit the back seats of the limousine. Yunho pulled something that looked like a thermos from the drink container. He poured a hot drink into a cup and handed it to Changmin. Changmin looked at the cup and pulled his gaze away. He refused to drink.

"Changmin..." Yunho's voice was rough. Changmin closed his eyes.

"No." he replied. Yunho grasped his hand gently, and harshly Changmin shoved him away, making the cup spilled its contents to the floor. "Don't. Touch. Me." Changmin wiped his tears with trembling hands. Who could believe it that the one he put most faith in betrayed him? Kim Junsu. Jung Yunho.

Yunho put the cup down. He used a rag to clean the mess on his hand and leaned back on the seat. Changmin remained silent, his tears kept flowing and he did nothing to stop it.

They stopped at a shop, and immediately Yunho bought attires for both of them. Changmin stared at them, he was still mad at Yunho. But his behaviour was kind of unpredictable, so he didn't want to provoke him or anything. Yunho might look soft and gentle but he was a beast while he's having with him.

Changmin stifled a sob when he put on the clothes. It felt warmer and Changmin really needed that. Hours and hours of being and left unattended on the floor really did something to him.

He gathered the blanket and hugged it. It made him so much warmer. Changmin fiddled with his fingers. He couldn't wait to arrive at the hospital. Junsu was waiting for him, he just knew it.

"I don't want you to be near him." suddenly Yunho said. Changmin glued his gaze to the floor, unable to watch Yunho at all. "He shouldn't be with any men or women at all. He is perfect,"

Changmin was astounded. He could literally feel Yunho's gaze pierced his skin.

"Why...why did you work...work with Jaejoong-ssi then, if you said Jun-junsu is perfect?" Changmin couldn't help but stuttered.

"I'm in love with Jaejoong. He's my true love. I'm willing to do anything for him. I am a fan of Junsu."

"That's sick." Changmin was shocked when suddenly Yunho grabbed his arm, gripping it tightly. He forced the singer to look directly into his eyes.

"I'm not sick. I just want to make sure my idol is in safe hands," Changmin's brow knitted. "Junsu-ssi doesn’t need you,"

Changmin wanted to pull his arm back but Yunho tightened his grip. Changmin started to panic again.

"If Jaejoong wants you as a pet, then I will do anything to make it true. I might as well remove you from Junsu-ssi's life, it's like killing two birds with one stone,"

"You had misunderstood our relationship. We..."

"...are lovers. I know. And I can't let you be that, forever. You're changing him, and I can't have that,"

Changmin felt like crying out loud. He never thought Yunho would be this crazy. He never thought Junsu would be hunted down by sasaeng fans again, just like how they were in his world. But here, it was scarier because his sasaeng fan, particularly Yunho, was hurting someone close to Junsu for the sake of jealousy. Yunho didn't say it out loud, but his behaviour angrily shouted it out. He knew it, he could read it because he'd seen it before in his world.

"Then, you're here because of Jaejoong? You deceived me because of Jaejoong?"

"How could I say no to him?"

"He used you! Aaahh!!!" suddenly his head was attacked by a sudden, throbbing ache. Changmin held his head with his free hand. "Urrghh...." his head felt like it was going to break.

I wish...

The wish! Changmin opened his eyes, Yunho's image before him was blurry.

Yunho-hyung...

"AH!"

The grip on his arm loosened, and he could feel Yunho held his shoulders. It was a gentle gesture, but he knew Yunho was deadly. But he didn't care. He couldn't care. He started to remember.

What would happen if he remembers everything? Will he return to his world? Will he be separated from Junsu?

Will everything be the same again?

"Hey, are you okay?" he heard Yunho's voice asking impatiently. "What's going on? What happened?"

"My head...it hurts..." Changmin howled in pain. His head hurts like the last time, and he knew if it lasts for a few more minutes he would pass out. He couldn't stand the pain, it was too excruciating.

"Stay with me." Yunho held his hand and Changmin squeezed it hard. He just didn't care anymore. "Stay with me, Changmin."

"Ah!" Changmin screamed. He was crying again.

When will this pain stop?

What was that wish?

He looked up and gazed at Yunho.

Yunho-hyung...

I wish for Yunho-hyung to never stop loving Jaejoong.

He froze.

He remembered his last wish.

"Changmin..." Yunho's voice echoed in his ears, but Changmin couldn't make out if it was reality or he was imagining it. Changmin realised he had bit his lips absentmindedly until they bled again.

Changmin closed his eyes, waiting in vain for the headache to subside. It wouldn't, he knew it. The pain was too much to handle.

But why did I make a wish like that?

Before he could answer his own question, Changmin once again faded into a mere blackness.

***

Changmin opened his eyes only to see he was in a private room in a hospital. His eyes were painful as they started to adapt to the bright light in the room. There was a branula inserted on his left arm. He groaned, whilst the remnants of the last headache made a comeback.

He pushed himself of the bed, and found his right wrist was handcuffed to the bed's head post. He sighed.

Did he want to keep him here like a prisoner too? He's too weak to even sit up, let alone run away. His hand fell weakly on the mattress as he struggled to sit up.

He didn't make any sound at all when he woke up, but something must had tell the one outside because the door was opened right on the moment he sat up. It was Yunho who just came in. He turned his gaze away, his heart raced against the feelings that he once had for Yunho. He thought he was safe, but the lawyer had betrayed him.

Yunho walked to him, and only his footsteps could be heard across the room.

"Junsu is okay now." he said, and Changmin looked up again. Yunho stared down at him in those cold brown eyes, and Changmin swallowed his bitter saliva. "He wants to see you,"

"Then, take me to him." Changmin replied, his voice was urgent even though he tried very hard to hide it.

"Jaejoong didn't allow it." Changmin abruptly turned towards Yunho and Yunho was still staring at him emotionlessly. Since Changmin was taken away from his house, Yunho seemed to be like a puppet. He didn't have any expression, except for the stoic face that he put on. His voice was cold and piercing, as if he hated Changmin so much all this time. His moves were robotic and senseless, like being drawn by strings.

Changmin grabbed the pillow and threw it right to Yunho's face. That was that entire he could do right now. His body was weak of all the torture, of all the forced , of the entire dilemma and the betrayal that he had to come upon, of all things. Hitting Yunho with a soft pillow wouldn't cut it, hell even if he hit him with a pipe it would never cut it.

His heart had been torn apart, tossed on the ground and being kicked and stepped on mercilessly.

"How-how is Junsu-hyung?" Changmin was actually afraid to ask about Junsu and to think that they had a very huge fight brought tears in his eyes. They still hadn't make up but Junsu was here, he was screaming, pleading for them to stop violating Changmin. Wasn't it a proof that he still loves him?

No. It might be he was there because Jaejoong had come to torture him too.

But what for? Junsu didn't love him.

He loves you, a sudden voice in his head said. It was so loud and clear that Changmin startled.

He never said it out loud. He tried to retaliate with the voice inside his own head.

You never said you love Junsu when you are in your world. You only realised you had that feeling when he told you they were leaving you. The voice barged in, and all of a sudden Changmin thought of screaming.

It's useless now. He fought with himself again.

"He was weak, but he's under a great facility care..."

"Are you going to keep him prisoner like me?" Changmin showed his handcuffed hand at Yunho. "I am stronger than him, I could withstand the torture but Junsu-hyung couldn't. His body is weak right now..."

"We are giving the greatest care to him..."

"Are you being a puppet to them, Yunho?!" Changmin burst out. His voice was so loud he shocked himself too. "Don't you listen to what I said? Junsu-hyung is sick! He shouldn't be here!"

"He is being taken care of, Changmin!" Yunho seemed pissed off. Changmin flinched but didn't move from his seat. "You don't have to worry because it's not your concern anyway!"

"Bwoh?" Changmin was puzzled. He looked at Yunho, his eyes went bigger. Yunho all of a sudden brought his hand and clutched Changmin's collar. Changmin was taken aback. He struggled with only one hand.

"What...what are you doing?!" Changmin panicked. It was the first time ever someone tried to kill him with bare hands. Worse, the soon-to-be murderer had the exact same visage as his beloved hyung, with the same name too. "Let me go! You're killing me!"

"I should've removed you the first time we met!" Yunho said in a very fiery tone, like he was on his final stage to victory. "Junsu-nim would never undergo such a wreck if he didn't meet you!"

"What...?!" Changmin hit Yunho's hand desperately as Yunho's clutch tightened.

"You're deceiving him. He deserves someone better!"

"Let me go!"

"Junsu-nim will be a happier person without you by his side. You're a pathetic person tried to his wealth and fame, to bring him to destruction...!"

"I won't! I LOVE HIM!" Changmin cried out, as Yunho glared murderously at him. "I'm not lying. I'm not his wealth, I don't need any of his money."

"Such liar. You lived for a while there and be his little for money,"

"No!" Changmin pushed Yunho as hard as he could but he was rather weak and Yunho was driven by rage. "You don't understand..."

"I should've removed you..."

"No! Yunho-hyung! Please believe me, what do you want from me? You lied to me, you me, and now you want to kill me?"

"I want you to disappear from Junsu-nim's life. He didn't deserve to be with a low life like you. He is a royal being and you..." Changmin looked into Yunho's eyes, which he was scared to do so before, and saw the fire in it.

What was it with Yunho?

"You're obsessed!" Changmin cried out. "You stalked him, you lied to him, you tailed him, and you hurt me, the one that he loved!"

Yunho punched him so hard that Changmin knocked his forehead on the bed head post. Changmin whimpered in pain. He touched his cheek. It was aching. His gaze darted back at Yunho who was balling his fist, ready to strike again.

"I'm his fan. I'm responsible to make sure he's happy,"

"No! You're not making anyone happy! Are you happy becoming Jaejoong's minion and only to see he didn't love you back?" Yunho hit Changmin for the second time. The sudden hit was so strong that Changmin's wrist that was handcuffed injured because of the powerful accidental tug when he fell.

"Jaejoong might not be in love with me, but he's helping me to make you stay away from Junsu-nim. I want you to be gone forever, and he wants you as a pet, hence away from Junsu's life. And I...get to be with Jaejoong,"

"He used you!"

"In fact, I don't mind being used as long as I can achieve my goals. We have by the way, it didn't hurt at all,"

"But don't you have pride?"

"What's pride when you're in love?" Changmin pulled his gaze away. That was it. He couldn't argue anymore.

"I hate you." Changmin said it, even though his voice was small and shaking. Yunho smirked but didn't do anything.

Silence accompanied them until five minutes later. The door was open and Yihan walked in.

A/N Yunho strikes again? but until when?

now we know Junsu is in a verrrry delicate situation, and things might not get better for him but every cloud has a silver lining, isn't that what people are saying?

p/s i am in a vey emoshinki state right now, i just didn't know why! aaah maybe the story had got into me already!

p/p/s thank you for reading, and subscribing and commenting! i love you all!

p/p/p/s aaah me again! i will hint to you guys that the next story of mine will feature Nu'est as well, my favourite rookie group, and the main couple would be Yoosu! please look forward to it, yoroshiku onegaishimasu!