Chapter 19

In Another World

Changmin rested his head on the table that was near his bed. He was bored. When he woke up, there's no one around him. He remembered he fell asleep with him still fuming about Junsu's stubbornness. He knew it wasn't his place to ask about something like that but his curiousity had taken over.

He was mourning over late meal time when he decided to walk around the hospital compound. He walked and walked alone, feeling that he had somehow revived his heart a bit when he met other patients that were more cheerful than him.

Then, suddenly someone who was really familiar to him passed by.

It was Yoochun.

"Yoochun-ssi!" he yelled but the first one didn't bear any fruit. Changmin started to chase Yoochun and watched him walked to the end of the hospital corridor. He was walking towards Yoohwan who was sulking in a corner. Yoohwan beamed at his older brother who in return patted his back. Yoohwan was still in the hospital outfit and looked paler than the last time he saw him. Changmin put a hand on his mouth to hide his smile. He was going to talk to Yoochun soon. It didn't matter now if Yoochun didn't know him, he only wanted to hear his voice again and just talk to him like a normal human being. He was eager for Yoochun to be alone.

But Yoohwan suddenly spotted him hiding behind a door. He glared at Changmin and grabbed Yoochun's hand to go away from the spot they were meeting at. Yoochun turned around to see what the matter was but he had been dragged away.

Changmin tsked. He didn't want to seem like a stalker but apparently he failed miserably.

"Wait!" Changmin shouted and his head hurts him. He winced and he put a hand on his bandaged head. "Yoochun-ssi, Yoohwan-ssi, I just want to talk,"

But both the brothers were agile and quick. Changmin lost track of them after five minutes of wild goose chase. He sighed and inhaled a deep breathe. How could a very sick person run so fast?

Changmin elongated his neck to expand his field of vision but he couldn't find the Park brothers. Frustrated, he swung his legs to go back to his room when suddenly he heard a familiar squeaky voice. He approached the origin of the source, a first class room not far from where he's standing. There was a window to peek inside but Changmin knew the person who was in the room would know he was eavesdropping so he settled with his back on the wall as close as possible. He was practically sticking to the concrete wall to try to figure who he was talking to. Again, his curiousity brought out the most of him so he took a peek and saw Junsu was standing in the middle of the room. He was hugging himself, obviously he was angry by the way he frowned. Changmin listened harder and narrowed his eyes and he saw the other person. It was none other than Jaejoong.

"I don't know what's wrong with you." Junsu's voice was as cold as ice. Changmin leaned back, he had known who were the person, so he didn't need to peek anymore. "Your boyfriend is too much,"

"Yunho can’t disturb me. He was just jealous," and some mumbling from Jaejoong that Changmin couldn't comprehend. He frowned. He was desperate to know now what was the reason these two friends stopped talking and went separate ways?

Did they have gone through the same phase as their DBSK?

Changmin looked down, his ears were still listening but Junsu's and Jaejoong's fight was quiet, like they were whispering and just baring their teeth with only occasional yelling.

He took a deep breath. He would be braver himself.

"Yunho didn't do this for me." Jaejoong said, and Junsu laughed.

Changmin's frown grew. Why Jaejoong kept mentioning Yunho?

Yes, what happened after I passed out? Yunho-hyung was kidnapped together with me. Jaejoong-hyung knew I've seen his face! He was brought away from the room and I was hit then. But what actually happened before at the orchestra concert? Why didn't Junsu look that concern at me?

There were so many questions right now inside Changmin's head and he felt it was hurting again. He groaned and bit his lower lip very hard to block any voice to come out. He held his head in his hands and knelt down because of the pain.

He shouldn't move so much.

"Aaah....!"

"Changmin?" suddenly Junsu was standing in front of him and he knelt down beside Changmin who was struggling to stand the pain. Changmin could only hear Junsu's voice faintly. He could see stars by now. He looked up and in his blurry vision he saw Jaejoong looked down upon him, his gaze was cold.

"Ah!" Changmin screamed. Junsu held his shoulders and shouted for the doctors to treat Changmin. "Hyung..."

"I'm right here, Changmin..."

"He called you hyung?" Jaejoong asked and a laugh escaped his lips. "I didn't know you are close to him," Junsu didn't answer. Changmin looked at Jaejoong and saw Jaejoong smirked at him. "If I knew you're close to Junsu, I'll keep you for much longer,"

Changmin turned to Junsu. What did it mean? Junsu kept quiet. He didn't deny it but he didn't seem to agree with Jaejoong. Jaejoong embraced himself. Changmin became scared. He thought Jaejoong would have the same mind as his Jaejoong but he was crueller.

 

"You're his pet or Yunho's?" Jaejoong asked and that time his headache struck again. Changmin winced and he fell to the floor. Junsu picked him up.

I wish Jaejoong-hyung would love Yunho-hyung a little less.

The words flashed inside Changmin's mind. He hyperventilated. My wish came true for Junsu-hyung. Did Jaejoong-hyung's come true?

"Stop messing around, Jaejoong." Junsu said finally after he'd been there silently.

"He approached me first. Then he was after my boyfriend. him." Jaejoong said and he turned to Changmin.

"You pabo!" Junsu scolded. "Stop your boyfriend. Tell him to leave Yunho alone,"

"Yunho won't leave me alone." Jaejoong said nonchalantly. He scoffed when he saw Changmin again and back at Junsu. “It’s nothing personal, just business,”

"I'm not his pet," Changmin barged in. Jaejoong's eyes widened. "Junsu-hyung, I'm not your pet or whatever."

"That was news," Jaejoong shrugged. "Guess he knew what the numbers on the whiteboard mean, ey?"

"Shut up, Jaejoong." Junsu gritted his teeth. Changmin pushed Junsu  and ran away, his head was still hurting but his heart bled the most.

***

Changmin found a place in the park and sat down on a bench.

The life in this world was way more complicated. Junsu wasn't even angry at what Jaejoong had done to him. Did Junsu take care of him out of pity and then let anyone do anything to him? Did Junsu just let Jaejoong hit him in the head and kidnapped him like it's a game for them?

Why in the first place Junsu opposed the idea of him working under Jaejoong?

And where was Yunho anyway? Did Jaejoong still 'keep' him for safekeeping? He didn't want Yunho to reveal the crime his boyfriend committed. Of course the boyfriend came first before the truth. Basically most people live by standing up by their lies.

The way the three of them acted made Changmin could hardly believe that Junsu had never known Yunho before. Everything was so suspicious.

Yunho had the answers, he was sure of it.

Changmin kicked the ground beneath him as the frustration surfed over him and made him disappointed in himself. What would his hyungs do if he had been kidnapped? Changmin was hurt when Junsu didn't show any sign of worries, and when he searched his eyes there's no flicker of anxiety or relief when he watched Changmin. His eyes were just so void of emotions.

Where had the previous Junsu who loved to kiss him gone?

"Umm...excuse me?" Changmin saw a shadow casted upon his legs and he raised his head. He was surprised to see Yoochun stood next to the bench, apparently talked to him first. Changmin's jaw dropped.

"Hy-" he stopped himself before he called 'the stranger' hyung. Yoochun looked thinner and fairer than he ever remembered. His voice was still the same. His beautiful face was peered at him and Changmin was breathless by the beauty of it. He tried to smile but looked like an idiot instead.

"My brother was very rude to you before, I'm sorry." Yoochun said and he bowed down. Changmin stood up and bowed down too, his action rushed awkwardly.

"It's okay, it's okay. It's not that I mind because..." he knew the situation Yoochun was in. If his sisters were constantly harassed by a sasaeng fan, he would have acted the same way. Yoochun gave him a small smile and bowed again.

"My brother is a very stubborn person, but I'm sure he would come around."

"But why is he in hospital?"

"He..." Yoochun started getting teary-eyed. He blinked rapidly and looked at Changmin again. "He's getting his treatment for his liver cancer."

Changmin wanted to scold himself because he had been stupid to ask the question. Yoochun was obviously holding back his tears so that he wouldn't cry in front of Changmin. Changmin felt his breathe became a bit fast and there's a lump started to form in his throat. His Yoochun was always a cry baby. He cried for almost every little things that made him touched, saddened and elated.

"I'm sorry," Changmin's voice was small. Yoochun didn't respond. "I hope he's getting better,"

"He will." Yoochun forced a smile again. Changmin had an urge to pull him into an embrace but he was unsure how to do it properly. Even with his Yoochun, he wasn't used to it. His action was awkward when he wanted to console s. His Jaejoong always for his inability to show empathy to others like how Yoochun did. Yoochun was the best in comforting people, because he could relate to the people's feelings almost instantly. "Then...I'll be going,"

"Wait!" Changmin held onto Yoochun's sleeves. Both of them were shocked. Changmin let go immediately. "It's..." he felt the blood rushed to his face so violently fast he wanted to faint. "I want to ask about your manhwa," Yoochun grinned, he made a typical Chunface. But then he went serious again.

"You can't know the spoilers," Yoochun said sternly. Of course he was an artist he couldn't give away his idea to a random stranger.

"No. I was just wondering..." Changmin scratched the back of his head. "Where did you get all the ideas? I mean...it sounds cheesy, doesn't it? But seriously, I need to know. There's a story behind it, it seemed so similar to a story I once knew."

Yoochun's face changed.

"I'm not implying you're copying someone...it's just..." how could he explain this to Yoochun without it sounded like an insane postulation? "The story is kind of a reflection of my life. Reading it made me felt like I had been the one who had been abandoned, the one in your manhwa that lied in the dragon's blood and cried so much..."

"Wait." Yoochun put up a hand. "Wait, wait, wait," he stared at Changmin's face like he was searching for something. His milky brown eyes scanned every inch of Changmin's face and suddenly he gasped. "Your name...don't tell me you’re...you’re..." he stuttered. He looked down and pulled a strand of his long hair. He turned to Changmin again, and his face went paler. "I had a dejavu about this. Your name..."

"I..."

"Changmin, isn’t it?" Changmin's eyes felt like they could jump out of the cavities. "Oh my God, Changmin. Shim Changmin, am I right?" Changmin's blood had drained down his head. He watched Yoochun, horror-struck.

Finally, for the first time in this world, someone actually knew his name and acknowledge him.

Changmin met Yoochun finally!!!

thank you for your feedbacks i really, really, really appreciate them!!! *hugs and kisses*

sorry this chapter is a bit short. and i would be a bit late of updating because I hurt my thumb because I slammed the car door carelessly. it still throbs..i can't even type texts on my phone...huhu~