Chapter 28A

In Another World

'I'm not going home tonight. I'm staying at a friend's house.'

Changmin smiled as he pressed the send button. He just texted Junsu who prior to the message had texted him asking him why he wasn't home yet. Junsu didn't reply yet, as by now.

Changmin sighed to himself. Because it was already too late when they finished talking, Yoochun invited him to just stay the night over. Their house had a spare room for guests. Yoochun told his mother and brother about it, and as expected, Yoohwan wasn't pleased. He even pouted when Yoochun petted his shoulder. Yoohwan didn't say a thing and just left. Furthermore, he was watching when Changmin was having a one-on-one talk with Yoochun. Changmin was worried if Yoohwan would be mad because they were talking in secret. Changmin couldn't decipher what he's feeling because he was scared of him.

Changmin took a bath and wore Yoochun's shirt and loose pants. They were comfy. The spare room had a bed and a small table in it, with a book shelf contained of both foreign and local books. Changmin sat on the bed and petted the fluffy pillow on it. Suddenly he felt so tired. Maybe he had been tensed all day.

He lied down and closed his eyes. The room was quiet, and Changmin noticed only the sound of him breathing and the air conditioner. He thought of Junsu and what he talked about with Yoochun. Yoochun empathised with his situation, maybe because he'd been there before. But he refused to talk if he had seen his own family in his world. It was like a forbidden topic to talk with.

But he said they would be happy in the end. His characters in the Five Warriors of the East would have a happy ending.

Yoochun kissed the top of his forehead when he let Changmin broke away from his embrace. And he swore that time he saw his own Yoochun, , his hyung.

He had just started to fall asleep when he heard the door creaked. He opened his eyes a bit and saw Yoohwan's head popped at the door.

"Yoohwan." Changmin sat up and smiled at him. Yoohwan was still sulking as a result of Changmin being all too close to his brother. Yoohwan didn't wait to be invited in.

"What's your relationship with hyung?" Yoohwan demanded. He looked determined. Changmin opened his mouth while his heard cracked to find an appropriate answer so that he wouldn't get angry or provoked.

"I'm his friend." Yoohwan rolled his eyes.

"Hyung don't have friends. All of them abandoned him." Yoohwan looked like he was ready to pounce on Changmin anytime by now. And not in a friendly way of course. Or like how Junsu saw him.

"I'm not a harm to him. Or you. Or your mother. I'm just a friend." Yoohwan kept glaring at him. If eyes could shoot real daggers, he'd be dead meat by now. "Okay. Maybe I just know him. But...our relationship is a bit...complicated."

"Complicated how?"

"It's a long story."

"Make it short." Changmin felt uneasy. It would be really hard to explain to Yoohwan.

"It's ridiculous." again, Yoohwan rolled his eyes. "It's a story that you'd never heard of. I think maybe even your brother didn't have the heart to tell you this."

"But he told me everything!" there was a hint of sadness and frustration in Yoohwan's eyes.

Changmin sighed. He put a hand on his right side of the bed.

"Come sit here. Promise me you won't judge me or freak out after I tell you how did I relate to him." Yoohwan looked unsure at first but then he walked in further. His gait made him seemed like he would fall or collapse anytime soon. He was so frail. Even when he sat down beside Changmin, he could barely feel his weight. He was so light.

Yoohwan inhaled deeply when he had settled down. His body seemed like he had made a very hard effort to even move. Changmin felt like with every breath that he took was another lifetime for him. Yoohwan looked at him, and nodded.

"I'm ready." he said with a determined look. "Shoot."

"I'm not from here." Yoohwan's brows rose a bit but he didn't say anything. "I'm from a parallel world that wasn't here. This is another galaxy and I didn't exist here. But your hyung and a few people that I know exist. Here, in this world. Park Yoochun, the one I know is one of my best friends. You, Park Yoohwan are also his brother in my world. I know the other you."

Yoohwan looked surprised.

"The other me?" Changmin nodded. Yoohwan stared at him in amusement. "What do you mean the other me?" he sounded defensive.

"This is why I ask you not to freak out. What I'm telling you is too insane to believe, right?" Yoohwan didn't say anything as he kept chewing the inside of his cheek. Changmin exhaled a deep breath. "I myself when I was flung here, I was so lost. I was practically an unknown person, someone who no one would even recognise."

"How could that happen? How do you know this is not your world? Are you sure this wasn't just your dream and not you making it up?"

"The first person that I met when I opened my eyes here is the person that I loved the most. In my world, he was my hyung, always took care of me and looked after me." Yoohwan waited silently. "Here, he didn't even know me. He didn't know my name. The person that I loved and I've spend most of my life with didn't recognise me. That was the coldest pair of eyes I've ever seen ever laid on me."

Changmin shivered as he reminisced the first time he met Junsu.

"I know him. His name. His height. His family. His body, and vice versa in my world. But here, I didn't even exist."

Yoohwan breathed heavily again. His eyes were showing that he couldn't believe what the taller guy just said but he had to live with it if he wanted to know more about Yoochun and Changmin.

"And because of that, you think you're in other world?"

"In a parallel world. Yes." Yoohwan scoffed. Changmin looked down upon his bare feet. "Your hyung had been through the same experience too,"

"Yoochun-hyung?"

"Both of us were in an accident." Yoohwan's eyes widened. "Yoochun had been in a coma and in his coma, his soul was thrown into our world." Yoohwan stared at Changmin in disbelief. "I, however, was thrown away with my body. So, in my world, they couldn't find me."

It was obvious by now that Yoohwan was starting to doubt his own sanity. Should he trust this guy or not?

But he kept listening.

"Only his soul was brought there and nothing else. He knew me, learned my name and remembered me when we first met here."

"This..." Yoohwan shook his head. "This is preposterous." Changmin smiled weakly to him.

"That's how Yoochun and I connected. I was in an accident and the universe brought me here." Yoohwan's jaw dropped open. He was paler than before he came in. Changmin didn't blame him, though.

"You're not lying?"

"You can ask Yoochun-hyung. In fact, I called him that, here and in my world." Yoohwan took a deep breathe that seemed like forever.

"But you really mean no harm to hyung?" he asked then, and was answered by Changmin shaking his head.

"He is my best friend. He's been with me through thick or thin in my world, and when I met the Yoochun here, I was so surprised that he knew my name."

"He knew your name?" Yoohwan looked like he'd been struck by a heart attack when he asked it.

"He said it out loud." both of them fell into silent again. Only Changmin's breath could be heard. Yoohwan's was slow and silent.

"Like he really knows you?" Changmin nodded. He looked down and wiggled his toes just because. "Before the accident, hyung was already a very successful artist." Changmin turned towards Yoohwan. It was interesting now that the younger brother had made his bubble smaller for a stranger to knock in. "He didn't live with us at that time. He was so famous and rich. He had everything, but then I got the bad news. I suddenly fell sick. I was so sick that mother had to call him to see me."

Changmin saw Yoohwan grabbed the edge of the bed, his face grew even more white.

"When he wanted to come home, he was involved in an accident. We rushed there, and he was already in a coma." Yoohwan looked at Changmin. "No one knew about what he sees in his dream. But when he woke up, it was a miracle. No one expects him to wake up just like that."

"A miracle."

"I was there when he woke up." Yoohwan scanned Changmin's face and his expression suddenly softened. "You are the maknae he's looking for."

Changmin's jaw dropped. Yoohwan lifted his head and looked at the ceiling.

"I was there when he started to wake up. He was muttering 'uri maknae'."

Changmin gasped.

"You are the maknae, right? The one my hyung was looking for after he woke up." Changmin was at loss of words. "Your story was as bizarre as it sound. But what hyung experienced was something I have faith in. I am his dongsaeng, but I'm not the maknae."

"Yoohwan-ah..." Yoohwan smiled, for the first time ever to Changmin.

"It was an excruciating pain to see him in coma. And when he woke up, he started to live with us and bought us things with his money. There were things that he never done before."

"Things he never done before?"

"Hyung’s first breakthrough was Lost in Time and he instantly became popular. He then turned to a very solitude lifestyle, and never talked to anyone else. Mother and I couldn't even talk to him because he insisted on being alone. He didn't abandon us but he made us felt alone."

"After the accident, he changed?" Yoohwan nodded.

"He was still as introvert as he was before but he lived with us, so it's okay."

"When you first met me, you were worried that I'm gonna harm him. But now are you clarified that I'm not going to?" Yoohwan didn't respond. "Do you mind telling me why? Why do you fear someone would harm him?" Yoohwan sighed. "Someone hurt him before?"

"You're right. Someone hurt him before. After he caught in the accident, the editors made up stories about him being disloyal to the company that published his manhwa. They took away all his unpublished illustrations on Lost in Time that hyung kept hidden away from public and got away with it. They told me and umma that Yoochun had signed the contract and we couldn't stop it. But then they didn't give anything to hyung because they said he was in a coma. What excuse was that?"

Yoochun stopped to catch his ragged breath. Changmin almost panicked when he started to cough as he choked on his own.

"When hyung woke up, he was actually furious because the illustrations weren't meant for publication because they were so controversial. It was just a draft but the editors had hired people to finish hyung's job.

"But the public, his readers didn't know that it wasn't his intention to publish something like that. He was bashed, attacked and harmed from every aspect one could imagine. Hyung practically lived in hiding after that. All his so-called friends left him, didn't talk to him and all he had were only me and umma." Changmin opened his mouth to ask but Yoohwan cut him off.

"Appa died of heart attack when he read what was so provocative about the comic and also the pressure from the public and the media. It was a dark time, and I am already sick, so I couldn't do anything."

"I'm sorry for all the things that happened to you." Changmin said in a low voice. "I'm sorry I came in your life just like that. I should have known your stories before anything."

"But if you're not here, how could you know? No one would even talk about it right now as hyung had become popular again." Changmin smiled.

"So, you believed me?"

"It sounds bizarre to me but I will have faith in whoever that hyung believed." Yoohwan spoke without a smile on his face. It made it hard for Changmin to believe the boy. "Sorry for doubting you." he bowed down.

"No, Yoohwan-ah..." Changmin pulled Yoohwan into a tight embrace. "It's not your fault. Don't be sorry because this is my fate."

For a while both of them let their mutual understandings sunk in. Yoohwan was actually too fragile in Changmin's embrace that he was worried he would make some damage on him. Changmin kissed the top of his head. He always wanted someone who he could call dongsaeng, and Yoohwan was a perfect candidate because he was younger than him.

"You know the Yoohwan that I know in the other world was a whole lot rougher than you?" Yoohwan was silent. "He usually comes to see his brother but he likes to play Playstation with me, and we bickered a lot." Changmin let go of Yoohwan and he touched Yoohwan's cold cheek. "He laughed and smiled a lot." Yoohwan let out a small laugh. "There."

"Ew." Yoohwan pushed Changmin away and both of them laughed. This time, even in the darkness Changmin could see the tint of redness appeared on both of Yoohwan's cheeks. "Get away from me!" Yoohwan said playfully and both of them laughed again.

A/N annyeong everyone! finally, Yoohwan and Changmin talked. i really, really liked Yoohwan actually. I apparently liked him the first time I laid my eyes on him, not like Yoochun keke~ he's really nice and sweet to his brothers and it was a quality that i like in a man...~

anywho, please, please, do comment and subscribe if you like the story. i had put a yunjae tag in the story because they would be some interaction between them to conclude the story later on! so, please do look forward to it!

kamsahamnida *bows down*