Chapter 44B

In Another World

Changmin was left alone in the room. Yunho had gone out even though he reluctantly let him go. It was weird to be here again with Yunho, when the last moment of him with Yunho was when he saw Yunho was shot right in front of his eyes and was dying.

Yunho told him that the situation had not changed that much since his disappearance. SME had brought out an order so that the three others were forbidden to meet them in any situation. Even when the other four members were mourning and searching Changmin, they weren't allowed to meet Yunho just like that. Usually it was Yunho who would sneak out and meet Jaejoong but after a while Jaejoong fell into a deep depression and refused to do anything. He didn't come out of the house, didn't contact his big family, and no one caught sight of him at all. Yoochun was staying with his brother and mother and Yunho asked him to go watch over Jaejoong at intervals because Yunho couldn't see him as easily as he could.

The most shocking news to Changmin was about Junsu. After Junsu learned the news about Changmin's disappearance he didn't go out of his room for days and when his family wanted to check on him, he already collapsed. Junsu had fainted, so he was hospitalised for a while. All this time Junsu was in the hospital, he was unconscious. It was like Junsu didn't want to wake from his unconscious state. It was what drove Jaejoong and Yoochun to worry so much about that dongsaeng because Junsu was never that weak before. He was always the cheerful spirit amongst the DBSK members. No one actually thought he could be that fragile when he heard about Changmin.

Even when Yunho heard Junsu collapsed, he came and visited Junsu and met Junho. Junho told him that Junsu couldn't forgive himself for making Changmin that miserable when he left. He never thought he would have that impact on Changmin.

Changmin sniffed.

Of course he had that impact on Changmin. Junsu cared about him the most and favoured him even though he always pulled dirty pranks on Junsu.

Junsu had never appeared on his dreams even once when he was in another world.

Why?

And what was going on in another world? Was Junsu still fighting against Jaejoong and Yihan? Was Yunho going to die after the shot? Will Yoochun be out of the equation forever?

Changmin bit his lips as he hugged himself. He was thrown back here when he nearly was being hit by a truck.

He was thrown to the other world when he was caught in an accident too.

Did it mean near death experience would make him switch worlds again? Does it work like that?

Changmin shook his head. He couldn't afford to be in an accident again if that's the result would be.

But the weird thing was...Yunho told him that he disappeared for two weeks.

It didn't match. He had been there for months. He had fallen in love with Junsu and Junsu loved him back. He met Yoochun, Jaejoong and Yihan, in personalities that would fit his wishes. And it ended up not quite to what he expected it to be.

Did he screw up too much in the alternate world? Did he get too attached to the world he didn't belong?

He walked to the window and watched the day turned darker and eventually night came. He sat by the window, waiting for Yunho to return with his other three hyungs.

He closed his eyes, and the memories of when he was in the alternate world came rushing into his mind. He remembered Yunho's face the last time their eyes met. It was a devastating scene. A tear appeared as he reminisced his last moments in the alternate world.

I just wish to see Junsu-hyung's smile again.

And he just looked at me when Yunho dragged me out.

How could he forget those hopeful eyes, praying that Changmin would come out safely from the building?

Before Changmin realised it, he was sobbing. He missed Junsu his lover already. He missed him badly.

He just wanted to see his smile again, why does life had to be so cruel to him? Why he couldn't meet with his Junsu in his own world? It wasn't fair!

"Please bring him back to me..." Changmin wiped his tears with the back of his hand but he kept crying like no tomorrow. He felt like a baby. "I just wanted to see him...why couldn't I see him?"

Changmin hid his face in his knees, crying his heart out while he waited and waited.

But Yunho never did return that night.

***

Changmin had gone back to his apartment after a few days stay in the hospital. Everything felt so surreal because now it turned normal again. He was back at his own world. He was treated like an idol; doctors, nurses were in awe when they saw him, especially the young ones. Sometimes he even gave some of them his autographs something that he had not been doing for the past months he was in alternate world.

Yunho was the one responsible who brought Changmin home again. Changmin walked into the apartment following Yunho who was carrying his bags. Yunho put the bags inside Changmin's room.

They still hadn't moved to a new place since the three others left. Changmin looked at the kitchen, and the kitchen seemed dark at the moment. It might be because it was not being used and no one came in the hollow space. Changmin pulled his gaze away and sadly he dragged his feet to his own room.

Yunho had not touched his things at all, but his room was clean. There's not a single dust in the room, but his things remained where he put them last. He sat on the bed, and saw a turned down picture frame beside it. He took it and choked when he saw it was their picture of five together. They were so happy back then. And it was a picture where Junsu hugged him and kissed his cheek and miraculously he let him.

He missed Junsu the most.

"Changmin, what do you want to eat tonight? I can call..." Yunho entered his room but stopped when he saw Changmin staring down at the picture. Yunho noticed Changmin had turned the frame face down when his three hyungs left. But he didn't tell Yunho anything about it. Changmin was always like that. He kept everything quiet. He didn't say his heart out loud, he thought it would be weak of him to do it. He wasn't like Jaejoong or Yoochun to just emitting their emotions easily.

Changmin lifted his head and put down the frame but accidentally the frame was misplaced and fell to the floor. The glass of the frame was broken instantly.

Changmin froze.

"Changmin-ah..." Yunho rushed inside to pick up the broken pieces. "It's..."

"We really had broken up?" Changmin stared at Yunho, and the leader could see the heart break once again. His own chest felt restricted when he saw Changmin's expression.

"I'm sorry, Changmin-ah...I failed to..."

"So it wasn't a bad dream." Changmin said monotonously. Yunho watched as Changmin stared into the nothingness in front of him. His eyes were blank and expressionless, like a doll. Yunho held his face, forced Changmin to look straight into his eyes.

"What happened to you?" Yunho knew something was wrong with his dongsaeng. Changmin looked at him back with the same expressionless eyes. "Changmin..."

"I want them back..." Changmin mouthed, his voice barely out of his voice box. Yunho blinked the tears away. He wished that too but he was helpless. He was so tied up at the moment he couldn't do anything.

"We broke up, Changmin. But please trust me, I'll find a way to make us happy again."

"Why couldn't I see them? Where is Junsu-hyung?" Yunho was startled by the question. He always heard Changmin called out their name but he always spoke Junsu's name the most.

Junsu-hyung...Junsu-hyung.

He witnessed it when he came visiting him while he was sleeping. All that he muttered was his Junsu-hyung, and he was hurtful even in his dreams.

"I'll try my best."

"It's not enough." Changmin buried his face in his palms and started to cry. "I just want to see them."

"Changmin-ah..."

"Please, hyung...!" Changmin grabbed his hyung's hand and held it tightly with both his hands. "Let me see them. Please...please...!" Changmin was crying uncontrollably. Yunho bit his lips, he was panicking inside when he saw Changmin like this. He had lost himself right now and it's up to Yunho to bring home what he wanted.

"Okay, okay..." Yunho wiped Changmin's tears with his thumbs. "I will. Don't worry, hmm? Don't cry...I will make sure they come and see you."

"Promise?"

Yunho watched Changmin for a second and nodded.

***

"Yunho-hyung said Changmin wanted to see us?" Yoochun asked Jaejoong again when Jaejoong came to see him at his house. Jaejoong nodded.

"Yes, especially Junsu." Jaejoong sighed. He brought his hands towards his forehead to massage it.

"Then, what is the problem now?" Yoochun asked. He knew the problem lied with the company and they couldn't visit him at the hospital at all but now Changmin was at their home with Yunho. They could barge in if they wanted to.

"Junsu is not answering his phone."

"Have you tried contacting Junho?" Jaejoong nodded.

"But Junho and Junsu both didn't answer their phone." Jaejoong looked at Yoochun, wondering where the twins were. "It's weird though. Since he woke up, he had been a bit strange."

"You noticed it too?" Yoochun's brows both rose. Jaejoong nodded.

"But I don't want to make blunt assumptions. Maybe it's still Junsu, maybe he's still in shock."

"Hyung," Yoochun pinched his own pouty lips when the thoughts across him. "What difference you see?"

"Oh." Jaejoong shrugged. "Somehow Junsu is becoming a bit different. I don't know how to describe it, though."

"Do you think he's becoming too affected by the separation?" Jaejoong suddenly looked hurt but he composed himself quickly.

"Who didn't?" Yoochun was silent for a while when he looked at Jaejoong's changed expression.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I didn't mean to say it like that."

"It could work like that, but I would not claim it as a separation. I would wait. One day, we will reunite again. We will tell the world what we are made of. We will tell the world we are not afraid. We will help our future hoobaes to not be in our position, working blindly without purpose at all."

Yoochun threw his gaze elsewhere. Working blindly without a purpose. He had been in the situation. He signed the contract in desperation. He wanted to help his mother, and save Yoohwan from hard times.

Both of them looked at each other. Jaejoong embraced Yoochun and stayed in each other's arms for a while. Jaejoong closed his eyes, feeling their heartbeats became one and their raging emotions calmed down. Yoochun could feel Jaejoong shaking and he too was not in a very good state.

***

Yunho was startled when he heard the bell rang. He was watching television while eating ramyun and Changmin was sleeping inside his room. It had been the second night Changmin was back and the three of them still hadn't come to see them. Jaejoong and Yoochun were waiting for Junsu as the singer and his twin brother were nowhere to be found. Yunho too wanted to give Changmin time to adjust himself in the house before the three come.

The first night Changmin had a nightmare, because in the middle of the night he called out Junsu's name time and time again. Yunho had to hold him until he falls asleep again. Yunho wanted to call the doctor but Changmin refused. He didn't want anyone but Junsu.

Only Junsu?

And now Junsu was missing without warning.

Yunho put down his eating utensils and went to the door. He pressed the communicator and was shocked to see it was Junsu.

"Junsu!" he looked at his watch. It was 2 AM. He opened the door without hesitation. Junsu looked dishevelled but he was healthy, that's all that matter. They hugged for a while, and Yunho missed the interaction between him and Junsu. Junsu had been the kindest to him when they were still trainees, even gave him a roof for a shelter for a certain period of time.

Junsu was so kind and patient that Yunho himself couldn't believe it himself when he heard it was Junsu who actually suggested for them to leave the company. He wanted to leave SM so bad that he influenced the others to leave with him. Of course this information was kept from Changmin when they discussed about it.

Like how Changmin said it, he was the last to know and always assume himself as the least important in the group. Yunho's heart was saddened by his statement but even if he tried to convince Changmin that it was never the case, the maknae would have none of it.

"Changmin." Junsu's eyes sparkled. "I'm sorry to come this late but, is he asleep?"

"Yes." Yunho closed the door behind them. "Why this late?"

"I don't want people to know."

"Why don't you come with Jaejoong and Yoochun?"

"I have my own reasons."

"Junsu..." Yunho followed Junsu to the living room, and Junsu saw the ramyun that the leader was eating. Immediately Yunho blushed.

"Didn't Jaejoong tell you to eat healthily?"

"Please don't tell Jaejoong." Junsu chuckled lightly.

"Aah...he too was the same. He barely eats now."

"So much for eating healthily." both of them laughed.

"Can I see Changmin?" Yunho hesitated but when he thought Changmin had wanted to see Junsu he sighed lightly.

"You know, Changmin asked for you more often than the other two."

"I'm his favourite hyung, of course." Yunho smiled.

"As long as he didn't kill you if you wake him up, I'm okay with that," Yunho gestured towards Changmin's room. Junsu walked towards it but when Yunho followed, Junsu stopped.

"I prefer to see him alone, hyung."

"But..."

"Please?" Yunho hooked his brows but then he let it go. Junsu smiled and silently he crept inside the room where Changmin was sleeping.

A/N there you go, how changmin returned to his world! please let me know if you're not satisfied or anything with it, i will answer your question, anything at all! hehe and don't worry there will be an epilogue to tell what's going to happen in the alternate world but for now let's just wait for what happen when Changmin and his Junsu meet okay?

p/s and here's a question for you, why do you think there's a slight alteration between those two worlds? in the real world, it only runs for two weeks but changmin knew he had been there in the alternate world for months!~ please answer me in your comments hehe ^__^

p/p/s thank you thank you thank you for putting up with this super long story!