Chapter 35

In Another World

Changmin came down the road to find out Yunho was already waiting for him.

"Changmin..." Changmin was speechless, and too embarrassed to confront Yunho right now. "I'll drive you to work,"

"I've always been burdening you since I'm here." Changmin mumbled quickly and his feet started to move.

"Because I'll always be here!" Yunho shouted and he hurried to stop Changmin. "Please! I heard how scared you are last night and the last thing I want are you being afraid again..." Yunho's eyes were so sincere that Changmin wanted to cry too. Yunho reached out and his fingers grasped Changmin's arm. Changmin looked upon his hand and silently he gave in.

***

"He didn't come home last night?"

"No." Changmin stared at the road right ahead. Upon seeing that Changmin wasn't interested in having conversation with him, Yunho kept quiet too.

He dropped Changmin at the spa where he was actually the earliest person to arrive. Yunho didn't stay and drove off to work. Changmin spent his time cleaning the cats' cage and sandbox. He also swept the floor of the workers' lounge and all the while letting Gramps sleeping inside his pocket. Gramps even though was a bit bigger and fatter than before, he still clung on to Changmin. Changmin while doing all this, sang to train his vocal cord. He had not been singing for a while he's worried he couldn't sing anymore. But he didn't sing DBSK songs. It was too much for him and he didn't want to be an emotional wreck later.

Time passed by and the other helpers came by, and later on everyone was busy. Changmin treated his loneliness by taking care of the customers and read stories to young customers while they sat down and played with cats. It felt more like a nursery or a baby-sitting job whenever Changmin had to deal with kids. It's not like he hated kids, he just didn't know how to serve them or interact with them without being sarcastic or snarky. Children could be mean, though. So, it's only fair if he snapped back.

But his peace didn't last long as when it was near lunch Jaejoong came. He was in the middle of fighting with a kid because the kid was bullying a Maine coon.

"You're fighting because of a cat, Changmin-ah?" Jaejoong's cold voice made Changmin shivered. All of the customers were asked to stay silently while all the helpers came out and bowed down to Jaejoong, including Changmin. Changmin didn't get to hide when he was in the heated argument with the kid, so Jaejoong saw him. Changmin when he noticed quickly stood up and ran to line up with others.

Changmin lifted his head to see Jaejoong's doe eyes. He looked so innocent in front of these people, and he smiled a lot. But what do they know actually? How did his facade fool him? Those eyes brought evil in himself.

Changmin lowered his head again.

"Do you want to work with me again?" Jaejoong asked, his voice loud and clear for everyone to hear. Changmin shifted uneasily. "I can make you escape from this cat heaven,"

"I'm happy working here, Director Kim-nim,"

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Jaejoong?" Changmin held onto his breath. Jaejoong was standing right in front of him, and he was sure he would hunt him down again now that he knew.

"I can't." Changmin said. He knew everyone around here would start to speculate.

"Then, that would be a shame, pet," Jaejoong walked towards his favourite couch and sat down on it. Everyone started to disperse and do their respective works, while Changmin was forced to bring coffee and side order to Jaejoong. Changmin noticed his hands were shaking when he brought the tray and glad that he didn't spill anything on the way. Jaejoong leaned back, and picked up a toy which was a rod with ribbon attached on it to play with a fat Siamese cat named Neko. Neko was literally 'cat' in Japanese. Changmin knew this fact from Kyuhyun.

Changmin put the food down on a small table next to Jaejoong and arranged it.

"Sit down here, Changmin," it was obviously an order from Jaejoong. Changmin stayed however he stood up and not sitting down. Jaejoong rolled his eyes due to Changmin's stubbornness but decided to let it be. "If you come to work with me, I'll pay you double your original salary," Changmin was shocked to hear Jaejoong talked about work, and not Junsu or Yunho.

But he's not going to go to his side.

"Of course you won't come to work with me." Jaejoong chuckled. "But I can fire you from here," Changmin's eyes went wide. "But that would be no fun at all,"

"You're talking in circles, Director Kim-nim. I have another work I have to tend to, so please excuse me,"

"You'll see that I'm always watching you even when you feel like it's safe," Jaejoong said coolly with a smirk. "You always reject me again and again and I hate it," he glowered at Changmin. Changmin quickly averted his eyes away if he didn't want to get killed by those piercing eyes.

"Spare Junsu-hyung, and I'll work with you,"

"Oh. Junsu?" Jaejoong's brows rose as in mocking him. Changmin felt like punching him right now. "You see Changmin-ah...it's true that I am interested in Junsu, and I always spare him in everything that I do," Jaejoong stopped playing with Neko and the cat meowed loudly that people around them started to pay attention to the dark aura around them. "But what I want is you. Changmin-ah, you, as a pet. My pet."

Changmin's hands gripped the hem of his shirt. He started to break into sweats.

"Just leave Junsu-hyung alone..." was all Changmin could say.

"I will. What do you think I was doing all this time? If I want him, I can snap my fingers and he would be within my grasp."

"Where are you going with this?"

Jaejoong leaned back and smiled but he didn't say anything more. Changmin was so mad he couldn't say anything. He was bewildered by Jaejoong's words and he was puzzled too.

Jaejoong's phone rang and he picked it up. It was Yihan by the sight of him smiling upon answering the call, and he shooed Changmin away. Changmin scooted away to the kids' playground and tried his best to concentrate.

The kids' playground was occupied with more kittens than adult cats so Changmin had to be careful while sitting down on the floor. Helpers who hang out at the kids' playground would have to look out for the children if they treated the cats badly, watching them not breaking any of the cats' neck or pulling their tails. It would harm the cats and also the children as they might get scratched and harmed by the cats when they were angry.

Changmin somehow found his sanctuary there, because he only sits down all the time and pick a fight with random child.

"Changmin," Changmin turned around when a female helper called his name. "Kim Jaejoong-ssi asked for you,"

Changmin immediately rose and went to where Jaejoong was sitting. Jaejoong was a very fat cat on his lap. The cat, which name was Baby was an obese cat and she had a heart condition. Kyuhyun once told him that the vet wanted Baby to lose some weight but it happened that Jaejoong was fond of her size and the spa decided to keep her that way as long as her heart condition could give in. Manager Sung said it was better not to anger Jaejoong in whatever decision that they made because apparently Jaejoong's contribution was very huge.

Jaejoong didn't say anything and Changmin stood beside the site for a whole one hour. His legs were aching to move but he was too scared to do it.

"Take my coat," Jaejoong ordered and Changmin rushed to take it. He brought it to Jaejoong who was already standing. He put it on Jaejoong, and Changmin gave him his hat. The other helpers were already lining up to serve Jaejoong's departure.

Jaejoong looked at Changmin, his eyes scanned something on the younger male's face. Changmin lowered his gaze.

"You're so beautiful," he said with a smirk. He touched Changmin's cheek and traced his jawline. Changmin could feel his knees started to tremble. "I can't wait."

Wait for what? Changmin wanted to ask but his tongue couldn't move.

"I'll see you when I see you, my pet," he patted Changmin's face twice before he walked away.

Changmin was left frozen.

My pet? What the hell?

When Jaejoong's car left, Changmin ran to the toilet to hide himself. He stayed there, steadying his breath. He put both hands on his mouth as he muffled his screams.

With trembling hands he struggled to bring out his phone. He dialled Junsu's number, he was desperate. If he didn't hear from Junsu soon, he would break down.

Junsu didn't pick up his phone again. Changmin called one more time. He still didn't pick up.

One more time.

But to no avail.

Changmin looked at the ceiling.

Why? Where was Junsu? Why wasn't he here with me? Why was he like this?

***

Yunho came rushing to the lounge when Kyuhyun and Changmin were wrapping up their tasks for today. Changmin looked worrisome and Kyuhyun, a responsible friend that he was, seemed concerned too.

"Hey," Yunho grabbed Changmin's arm that was closing one of the cage. Changmin's head turned and Yunho saw how miserable the kid was. He touched Changmin's face. "Omo! Are you okay, Changmin-ah?"

Apart from his heart was forever shred by Junsu's action and the fear that Jaejoong successfully planted inside his head, everything was okay for Changmin. No further harm was done.

"Hey, you look pale,"

"Did you hear...?" Kyuhyun barged in and Yunho nodded.

"I drove from where I was when I heard that he came here," Yunho said and that surprised Changmin.

"I thought you would get mad at me..." Changmin spoke but Yunho shook his head.

"I'm worried for you," Yunho put his hand on Changmin's shoulder. "Nothing happened, right?" Changmin lowered his gaze but shook his head. He was just too affected by Jaejoong's presence but physically he was good. "I'll be sending you home again today,"

"No, hyung..." Changmin didn't want to depend on Yunho again. "I can't..."

"I won't do anything that both of us would regret," Changmin turned his face away, and saw Kyuhyun was staring at them. Upon noticing Changmin, Kyuhyun faked a cough and looked away. "If you go home alone..."

Suddenly the door was opened from outside. The three of them was shocked to see Junsu barged in. He rushed to Yunho and Changmin and without warning he punched the prosecutor’s face. Changmin jumped of fright and surprise.

"Hyung!" he screamed. Kyuhyun gasped but he wouldn't for the while involve himself.

"Stay away from him!" Junsu gritted his teeth. His right fist was balled, it was obvious he was damn angry.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Changmin kneeled down to support Yunho up. Yunho pushed his hand away. He wiped his lips, his lips were bleeding. Yunho stood up again and was punched by Junsu once more. "Hyung!" Changmin hugged Junsu to prevent him from hitting Yunho again. Yunho stood up again and bowed down ninety degrees to Junsu.

"I'm sorry..." Yunho said it out loud. Changmin held Junsu tighter when he felt Junsu moved to hit Yunho. Changmin turned towards Junsu and shook his head.

"Stop, please," Junsu groaned but the fury was still there.

"Let's go home." Junsu said. Changmin was startled but then he ran following Junsu without bothering to take his bag.

***

The house was creepy and silent because they didn't talk at all. Changmin followed suit behind Junsu. Junsu drove home in an unbelievable speed, it was amazing that they didn't get into any accident.

Changmin sat down on the couch, and waited for Junsu to speak. Anything at all but knowing Junsu, Changmin knew he would get nothing. Junsu shut his mouth up. He was dressed in suit, and Changmin didn't know where he came from, if he had eaten or not, where he was sleeping. He watched Junsu as his hyung was loosening his tie and taking off his shirt and jacket.

"Hyung..."

Junsu entered the bathroom and closed the door quite loudly it startled Changmin. Changmin swallowed. Did he anger Junsu? Did he act without thinking again?

Changmin went to the bathroom and opened the door. It was usual for them to just barge in when one of them was bathing nowadays. Changmin peeked inside to see Junsu was leaning on the sink, his head hung low. His eyes were closed. Changmin pushed the door a bit wider. Junsu who was deep in thought was alarmed. He pushed himself and accidentally knocked a bottle of pills. The contents of it spilled down the bathroom's floor. Changmin crouched down to the floor to pick every pill up.

"No! Leave them!" Junsu shouted. Changmin looked up, surprised by Junsu's words. "Just...leave it alone, Changmin,"

Changmin stood up again.

"Go out. OUT!" Changmin was hesitant. "Do you want me to hit you too?" Changmin blinked, unable to comprehend why Junsu was like this. He scrambled out of the bathroom, and sat down on the couch to wait for Junsu.

When Junsu came out, he looked fresher but the frown was still on. Changmin was afraid of this Junsu. He was afraid Junsu would do something he might regret later, like hitting Yunho.

Junsu went to his wardrobe and pulled out loose shirt. He wore only that and no pants at all.

"Why did you hit Yunho-hyung?" Changmin's voice broke the silence. Junsu went to the kitchen to prepare food for them. He didn't say anything. "Junsu-hyung, is there something you're not telling me?"

Junsu stayed silent. Changmin grew impatient but he tried to contain it. He went to the kitchen and sat down on the dinner's table.

"You shouldn't do that to him even..."

"What was wrong with my method?" Junsu snapped.

"You didn't answer my calls, you ignored my messages, and when you showed up you hit Yunho!"

"Are you against it?" Junsu turned back towards his cooking. His voice was cold.

"You hit someone innocent!"

"Innocent? You called that innocent?"

"He didn't do anything wrong! Hyung, he was just worried about me. That's why he was there, but you..."

"What? Who am I then? I'm the one who should be protecting you!"

"But did you?" Changmin exclaimed. "You said you'll be there but..." Changmin put both hands on the table. "You said this and that. But you're never there for me! Do you want to play with my heart like this?"

"I'm busy!"

"Then, I'm busy too! Yunho's busy too but it didn't stop him from being there for me!"

"Bwoh? Being there for you?" Junsu scoffed. "When did he ever...?"

"He stayed with me, answered my calls and texts."

"And you started defending him? Oh Lord." Junsu rolled his eyes.

"You can't always push me and tell me what to do. You had upset me..."

"And why did you let him kiss you then? Do you think that wouldn't make me upset?" Changmin's jaw dropped open.

"You knew?"

"I know you wouldn't tell me."

"What? Why wouldn't you ask? If you ask, I would have told you honestly. I would have told you that it wasn't intentional, that the kiss wasn't enjoyed by me." Changmin had tears in his eyes. Junsu, to be extra careful switched the burner off. He knew it would be a heated argument between them soon. "I only wanted to be kissed by you, hyung! I don't want anyone else!"

"I hate seeing you cry." Junsu mumbled, and went to the terrace.

"There you go, running away again from me! Every time I ask you to care for me, every time I craved and asked for you, you left! You didn't answer my calls, how long would you make me suffer like this?"

"Are you trying to blame me?"

"I'm not!" Changmin sobbed. "But you're making it hard for me. I was scared, I was alone. Do you think by leaving would solve our problems?"

"I told you not to cry! I hate it!"

"I'll cry as much as I want! I'll do whatever that I want!" Changmin sobbed harder. "And you shouldn't treat me like this. I don't know who I am to you anymore as of now! Do you even think what I was feeling when I was alone? Do you even remember your promises to me?"

"I'm so not going to argue with you about this." Junsu went to terrace and shut himself. Changmin rushed there and opened the sliding door.

"Do I not matter to you?"

"What's wrong with you?"

"That's my line! Why do you act this way with me? Do you want to drive me crazy? Why do you always shut me out when things like this happened?"

"I hate you for kissing him. You're..." Junsu stopped.

"I'm your what? Who am I to you, hyung? Am I your lover or am I just another number on your whiteboard?"

Junsu stared at him in fury.

"I don't want to answer that question."

"Then I wouldn't stop crying." Changmin harshly wiped his tears with the back of his hand. Junsu stayed where he was. "I can't believe your words anymore, hyung."

"Why? You have a better hyung now?" it was evident there was a furious jealousy in Junsu's tone but till Junsu admitted it Changmin wouldn't appreciate it.

"At least he was there for me! And you were almost there, but never were!"

"Oh, I'm the bad guy now!" Junsu yelled sarcastically.

"I thought you would take care of me while I'm here...."

"Stop it with your bull, Changmin!" Changmin was dumbfounded. "You want to tell me about your world? What about my world, huh? Don't you ever think about it?"

"Hyung..."

"Telling me you're not from here, I swore you've lost your mind!"

Changmin's heart was harshly torn apart from those words. He looked at Junsu puzzlingly.

"I thought you believed me!" Changmin cut him off. "I thought you believed what I said after all those evidences I told you! I thought at least someone would believe in me, and I truly trusted you with it!" Changmin sneered. "But I'm completely a fool! You never believed in me, even for one second."

"Changmin-ah..."

"Please laugh now, hyung as I'm just a plaything for you." Changmin couldn't take it anymore. He walked to the door and headed outside.

A/N noooooo changmin, don't run away from home!!!!

there you go, and please do ask me anything if you're having any questions about this story! i promise i'll reply to every comment, and will help me and you to understand the story! thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! you guys are the best! ^___^