Chapter 16

In Another World

Changmin groaned. His head still felt dizzy and disoriented. He opened his eyes but all he could see was darkness. He later found out he was blindfolded and his hands were tied behind his back. He immediately felt scared.

"Hello?!" Changmin shouted, hopefully someone would hear him. "Is anybody out there?" Changmin wiggled against his but to no avail. He was helpless. "Help me!" but there wasn't anyone who responded to his cries. He shook his head, trying to loosen the blindfold but failed miserably. He was still in the same old darkness. And it was cold. For some reason, he wasn't wearing his coat but only his flannel. The wind was blowing towards his body as if he were in a room with the door opened. He tried to listen to any movements but nothing evaded his ears except his own heartbeats.

He struggled to move but his tied legs made it impossible. He was immobile and alone. What had happened to him?

He leaned against something that he thought was a wall. The wall was cold when in contact even though he didn't know what type of wall was it. He gritted his teeth, wondered how on earth he ended up here. Was it somewhere in the world where the alternate universe lie or was he back into the world he belongs, and he was back to being a superstar?

It was hard to think with his eyes blindfolded and his heart was scared to the core. He couldn't calm himself down, his mind was thinking about the worst-case scenario that could happen.

"HELLO!!!" he shouted again as loud as he can. "HELP ME!!" Changmin struggled again but it's just exhausting him off. He couldn't do anything.

He waited and waited. Even if he was blindfolded he felt like there were eyes fixed on him, observing him from afar. He shivered when the cold gust hit him again. He wanted to hug himself and rubbed his palms against his upper arms but he couldn't. Changmin's teeth gritted against each other, because the cold weather started to take over him.

A while later, Changmin could hear something crept nearing him. He dreaded the moment he heard it.

"Changmin..." Changmin could hear Yunho's voice.

"Hyung? Where are we?" Changmin asked, his voice came out like a lost child. He was so relieved that he could hear his hyung's voice in this darkness. "Why are we here?"

"Shh..." Yunho crept closer to him and Changmin's sensitive body could sense Yunho's body heat. Yunho was breathing heavily. "They are watching us,"

"I'm scared," Changmin whimpered. He could hear how scared he was.

"I'll get us out of here." Yunho whispered back to him. "Have faith in me,"

"Why are we here?" Changmin's whole body was shaking. Yunho didn't answer. Changmin suspected that he was tied up too because he didn't do any effort to embrace or release his bond. Changmin however relaxed a bit when Yunho was there. "Did they tie you up too?"

"Hm," 

"Did they blindfold you?" Yunho didn't answer so Changmin thought Yunho wasn't blindfolded. "Why didn't they?"

"You don't need to see how ugly they are,"

"Hyung?" there was silent before Yunho responded with a 'hm'. "Are we still Dong Bang Shin Ki?"

Before Yunho could response there were sounds of people approaching them. Changmin braced himself when he heard them stopped.

"Yunho-ssi..." the voice was cold it made him shivered. "I told you not to mess with me, but you wouldn't listen,"

"Even if you do this, it will never stop me from investigating you. It will increase my suspicions on you even," Yunho hissed. The man laughed.

"I see. But you know things weren't the same as what you learned in mad law school. I ruled Korea. I ruled the business world, everything is within my grasp, and you can't do anything,"

"At least let him go,"

"And let you have his way with him? I won't like it." Yunho groaned. "That's what you get when you're messing with someone you shouldn't." Changmin heard the man walked towards him and touched his face. "Why did you bring him here?"

"Let go of him. He's not involved in this," Yunho's tone was frantic. Changmin was sweating, his body was shaking of fear. "Don't let him see any of this, please..."

"Such a beggar!" Changmin gasped when he heard the sound of Yunho being kicked and he fell to the ground harshly. He stayed silent. "Such a pathetic loser!" Yunho was hit time and time again by the sound of it. Changmin couldn't do anything but cry in the corner. He was so afraid he couldn't move. He could hear Yunho groaned in pain, and every time the man touched Changmin he would plead again and again for Changmin to be excluded. The man would then oblige in return of torturing Yunho more. Changmin was still in the same old blindness and immobility when the man and the others left. His face was wet of his tears and sweat.

"Yun-yunho-ssi?" Changmin couldn't help but felt really disgusted with his weak self. He couldn't do anything to bring Yunho out of his misery. He now knew that he was still in the same world that the alternate Junsu was living in. It was a place where he had had a relationship with Junsu only, and not the others.

It was a mistake to call Yunho hyung.

"Are you okay, Yunho-ssi?" he could hear Yunho chuckled to himself.

"Why do you call me that? You called me hyung previously." Changmin kept quiet. "Aaahh...it's such a nice thing to hear someone called me hyung like that. It's been a while since I have a dongsaeng on my own," Changmin kept his head down, as if he was thinking. He was still blind, there's nothing to see down there.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do anything. I was so scared."

"It's my responsibility; it's because of me you're dragged here,"

"What do you mean by that?" Yunho sighed. "Where are we actually?"

"It's in a warehouse. Do you remember my case?"

"Hmm?" what case? Changmin was questioning himself. "I..."

"I'm investigating the Korean biggest smuggling event that happened last year. I knew something about it that involved Jin Yi Han," Changmin was shocked. Jin Yi Han? Wasn't he...?

"He is Korea's most successful businessman but one didn't always succeed without dirtying their hands along the way to the top. Jin Yi Han had been building his way upward by business, of course, and this stuff alongside it."

"You're trying to convict him?"

"You can say it like that, yes." Yunho heaved a sigh. "They're kidnapping me because he wanted me to back off, which means I'm already one step ahead,"

"Are you alone in this? Why don’t you leave it to the police?" Yunho took a longer time to answer. He was silent and Changmin could hear him shifted in his place.

"Yes, I’m alone in this. But there's people who knew about Jin Yi Han, people who was associated with Jin Yi Han, directly and indirectly,"

"Indirectly?"

"Yes, like Kim Junsu." Changmin's mouth gaped open at the mentioning of Junsu's name. "Kim Junsu is one of the nation's leading composer, and he had had a good relationship with Kim Jaejoong, also a nation's beloved composer,"

Junsu and Jaejoong were once friends? That did make sense when Junsu forbade him to go work for Jaejoong. "But one day Jaejoong announced his relationship with Jin Yihan, which brought Korea into a mass of celebration,"

"Did Junsu-hyung know this before the announcement?"

"I don't know."

"So...you're telling me that Junsu knew something about Jaejoong, that maybe relates to Jin Yihan, and hence made me a vulnerable spot for him if anything happens,"

"Umm...sort of," Yunho clicked his tongue and sighed again. "I wish convicting people is a lot easier, I just can't with these higher-ups,"

"Their relationship just ended like that?"

"Who? Junsu and Jaejoong?" Changmin nodded. "I don't know. The media didn't know. Somehow they just stopped making music together. They didn't appear together. They didn't talk about each other anymore."

"Since when?"

"Seriously, Changmin? Don't you know all this before? It's been mentioned time and time again in the news. Junsu and Jaejoong were very popular back in the days they were collaborating. Their songs were superb!" Changmin shook his head.

"I was not by Junsu-hyung's side." Changmin felt the tears streamed down his face. "I'm still not in Junsu-hyung's life yet," Yunho said nothing when he sensed that Changmin was mourning about something. Well, not exactly mourning.

Yunho moved a bit closer to Changmin and the younger man could feel his heat. Yunho was warm and it helped him a bit.

"Who was the man who came?" Yunho sighed. "Is he Jin Yihan?"

"A man who I am investigating would not come down by himself," Yunho shifted in his place. "He just sent the minions,"

"But you still know this is his doings?"

"I told you, I'm one step ahead. I had yet to find an evidence to drag the case to court," Changmin felt restless. Indirectly he was worried of Jaejoong even if Jaejoong was obviously happy with Yihan.

They sat in the warehouse with Changmin's eyes still closed. They tried to escape by untying the bond but to no avail. Both of them were exhausted and Changmin was on the verge of falling asleep. He felt safe, warmer when Yunho was next to him. It was just like how he felt whenever he would go on stage and checked that Yunho was beside him and smiled for him, that's what gave him courage to move on. Here, it wasn't any difference. It was still Yunho, still giving him the courage and bravery to hold on to his life for as long as he could.

Suddenly they heard people barged in. Changmin clenched his fists hard, and he could hear Yunho shuffled. Changmin's fear started to engulf him again and he cowered in silent. Yunho would protect him, he knew it.

"Who's here?" he heard the voice of one of the men who just came.

"Don't talk anything," Yunho whispered to Changmin.

"Two?" the man walked to them, his pace wasn't fast or slow. He wasn't in a hurry anyway. Changmin bit his lips hard to prevent from making any sound. "Yunho-ssi..."

"Why are you talking to me like we just met?" Yunho's voice was loud and laced with sarcastic remarks. Changmin waited for the man's response.

"You shouldn't be messing with someone like Yihan in the first place," said the man, his voice sounded calm and collected like he was preaching to a pious crowd. "You should know that Yunho-ssi," Yunho growled. "I wonder if someone could still sleep with you after all the trauma that happened to you,"

"You are responsible for that,"

"But we can't turn back, can we?" Yunho didn't say anything. Changmin could hear the man who came sighed and walked around them for a while. "Why do you bring someone else with you?"

Changmin shuddered when the man held his face. He lowered his face as his tears threatened to fall again. He was paralysed, he couldn't even kick the man before him.

"Your stupid men brought him in. Don't touch him!" Yunho shouted. Changmin could feel Yunho moved and the next thing he knew he felt Yunho's weight was on his legs. He could hear later Yunho was kicked again and again.

"Yunho-ssi!" Changmin screamed. "Please stop, please..." he heard Yunho was hit again. Yunho coughed of the pain.

"This is your new toy boy?" Changmin shuddered as he heard the whisper so near beside his ear. Changmin hunched down as low as possible. The temporary blindness had made him so insecure.

"Leave him alone," Yunho's voice was dangerous. The man chuckled. He slapped Changmin's face.

"What do you want to do about it?" the man challenged him. Changmin whimpered when the man held his chin.

"He has nothing to do with this game, leave him out of this. Your revenge is to me, not him."

"But hurting someone you love is more fun." said the man coldly.

"He's not my toy boy. He's not anyone to me. He's just here because of your stupid men,"

"Then you will not feel anything if I do anything to him," Changmin screamed when something heavy pressed on his legs.

"Stop!" Yunho shouted. "Stop! Stop!" the heavy weight was lifted and Changmin stopped screaming. He was then slapped with a much greater force. "Hey!"

"My business with you is not over," Changmin could feel himself been dragged. "I'll take him with me,"

"No! No! Don't!" there was silent and the grip on Changmin was released. Changmin fell to the floor head first. Yunho's voice wasn't anywhere to be heard. Changmin struggled to release himself once more but he was slapped, again.

"Bring him somewhere cleaner." said the man. When he thought he would be hit again, he heard Yunho was dragged away. He wanted to call out for Yunho, but decided against it when he remembered what Yunho said to him. He stayed still, only his clenched jaw shivered when he felt a hand brushed his face lightly. He lifted his head and suddenly the blindfold was ripped away from his eyes.

The first thing he saw in front of his eyes was Jaejoong. Changmin winced as the older man stared at him with his doe eyes. Jaejoong looked cold with no smile decorating his pale face. Changmin narrowed his eyes. It couldn't be!

Jaejoong made no attempt to talk to him but by the way he looked at Changmin, he was shocked by what he saw. He stood up almost immediately and turned around before Changmin's eyes could adapt to the surroundings.

"Knock him out." Jaejoong ordered. Changmin looked around and saw two big men coming his way. He struggled to get away but nothing could be done by the time they grabbed his collar. Changmin screamed again when something hard his head and he passed out again.

a/n happy new year, everyone and let's all have a fun 2013!