Friend

What is True Love?

I couldn’t sleep last night after what happened yesterday, not only because I where upset over what I had done, but also because my heart was thumping like crazy. It felt as if someone was constantly hitting it with a hammer as the pain was almost unbearable.

Hopefully MyungSoo would forget what I had done, though I didn’t surely know what that was. Was it because I asked him about why he never where happy? I wasn’t sure.

“Next is SuJu JR” the principal announced as he was standing on the stage in the aula before a group of 13 boys entered the stage, in this school they were known as the younger version of the Korean boy band Super Junior, as they were constantly doing covers of Super Junior songs. Well me, I weren’t too fond of the ‘newer’ boy bands, my favorites were the older ones, such as H.O.T, K-Population, NRG and Click-B.

Before they started dancing I scanned the nearby seats and rows, in search for MyungSoo but he where nowhere to be seen, I sighed saddened that he weren’t present but on the other hand, it wasn’t like I could do anything but just watch him from afar. My search abruptly ended when the music to Super Junior’s ‘Twins (Knock Out)’ started playing and the light in the room sort of disappeared, as it would be easier to watch the performance.

To tell the truth, these guys were actually really good. If they cosplayed as Super Junior I think some would actually believe that it was them. Maybe even I would.

It didn’t take long before my eyelids started to get heavy and I fell in and out off slumber land as the show was proceeding, “YAH!” someone suddenly shouted making me shoot up in my seat and glance around; soon noticing that it had been the girl sitting on my right that shouted, though I had no idea why.

“Idiot, why are you sleeping?” she nearly screamed, noticeably irritated that I had been sleeping. It wasn’t like I had snored, or had I? Well why did it mattered that much, the music would overshadow it anyway. “I couldn’t sleep last night because of..”

*Aniyo, I couldn’t say MyungSoo since everyone knew who he was and I didn’t want to get murdered by Hye Im and her pack* I thought and saw that many of the nearby persons where staring at me, apparently the performance had ended and it was now dead silent in the aula.

“A-actually I was doing my laundry – the whole night” I sighed over how stupid it sounded but on the other hand she seemed to buy it since she was thinking, “then why do your clothes still stink?” she asked and I gawked as the nearby persons who had heard it started to laugh. “WHAT?” I shouted even higher than she’d done as I were about to slap her in the face, but someone was already holding my left hand tightly.

“Yah! Let go off my hand” I shouted and turned my head so I could kill the person holding my arm. I blinked my eyes rapidly a few times; seriously did I feel so sorry for what I had done to MyungSoo that I was seeing him everywhere. And even though that I continued blinking my eyes, the sight of MyungSoo didn’t disappear. He was really standing there.

*Crap*

“Don’t” he said in a calm, well mannered voice that I’d never heard before. Why was his action so different right now, to change from when it’s only the two of us alone? Did he have split personalities? Was he just acting? I didn’t know, but his eyes were still the same as always, dark and emotionless.

The thing was, that MyungSoo didn’t let go off my hand as you might have thought and returned to where he had been seated. No, he practically dragged me out off my seat and pulled me along as we exited the aula. And it was not without getting death glares from Hye Im.

“Are you stalking me or what?” I asked feeling a mixture of anger and irritation boil inside as he was starring down on me, since he would always be wherever I was. *OMO, was his weirdness just a cover up for being a erted stalker* I thought and felt how my heart started to pound faster and faster.

“Me stalking you? Right” his eyes widened, just like they would when he was irritated before he said that I was the stalker.

“WHAT, I’m not a stalker” I defended myself as he suddenly gripped my shoulders with his hands and leaned closer to my face “then why do you always turn up where I am, and always asking weird questions, huh?” he whispered ever so lightly while piercing his eyes into mine. *It wasn’t like I could tell him my true intentions because then he’d never talk to me again*.

“Coincident and for the questions, I’m only curious” I faked a smile as he searched with his eyes after a proof that I were lying him right in the face. *I’m sorry* I apologized in my head as I hated lying to people, but this was for his own good. Or maybe it was for my own good, since I didn’t want to lose the one and only person I could actually talk to.

Without warning a yawn escaped my lips and I hurried to cover my mouth with my hand as I saw MyungSoo looking at me with a skeptical grin plastered on his face. “What I couldn’t sleep last night” I stated and rubbed my tired eyes.

“Because of?”

I looked away not wanting to get eye contact with him, “you” I whispered and felt how he grasped my arm harshly, causing me to yelp in pain as I stared at him, his eyes were suddenly showing tiny bits of emotion.

“Why?”

“Because I made you angry yesterday and I felt sorry” I spoke my mind and felt how his grip lessened, but not completely since he was still holding on to my arm. “Then don’t” he stated simply. Did he just tell me not to feel sorry for what I had done to him? How can I not when I do care for him, even though he might not see it or on the other hand, he maybe doesn’t want to see it. “If I can’t feel sorry for what I’ve done to cause you pain, then tell me what is causing you pain”

I can’t believe that I just said that.

I winched in pain as MyungSoo tightened his grip around my arm tighter than ever. I was practically feeling the bones in my arm cracking as he stared at me intensely, his eyes turning back, and the previous signs of emotions were nowhere to be found.

“That’s not of your concern” he snapped as I bit my lip in order to not scream out loud as the pain was almost unbearable. It wouldn’t be too much of a surprise if his nails had dug into my skin and leaving marks behind. “It is my concern since you are my friend” I pouted feeling tears in the corner of my eyes threatening to escape.

“I don’t have any friends”

What? Did I just hear right or did he just say that he didn’t have any friends. But those two boys he was with the other week, wasn’t that his friends? “But those two boys..?” had everything just been a dream, had none of that happened? “They’re not my friends”

A tear must have slid down my cheek since he let go off my arm, I gasped at the sight of my arm. Five fingernails had pierced through my skin so much that it was bleeding.

“Just stay out of my life from now on” he said before he turned around and started to walk away. “I can’t because you are my friend” I shouted and saw how he stopped, though he didn’t turn around to look at me. “I don’t have any friends” he stated and started to walk yet again.

“But you are my friend”