What

What is True Love?

My heart stopped and my body stiffened upon hearing the girl say MyungSoo’s name in that kind of sentence. What had really happened to him that was so terrifying. I clasped my hands over my mouth so that my breathing wouldn’t be heard.

“What do you mean?” the other girl asked, she didn’t sound that interested in what had happened to MyungSoo in the past. But I knew I was.

“Well, I’m not too sure about all the details but I heard this from my other friend” the girl who brought everything up spoke as she started the water crane, which caused me to listen extra carefully, since the sound from the water splashing into the sink was making a lot of noise.

“Just tell me” the other girl spoke, though that girl’s voice sounded fairly familiar, but I couldn’t remember who it was. Though I remained silent as I listened to the two of them talking, I couldn’t risk getting caught now, as they would probably shut up and not reveal what I wanted to hear.

“Okay, okay, you don’t have to get so angry. Anyhow what I heard is that his parents were killed during a robbery that went wrong and that MyungSoo himself later found the bodies”

“WHAT?” I shouted right out, totally forgetting that I weren’t supposed to attract anyone’s attention.
MyungSoo’s parents had been killed, and he where the one that found the bodies of his dead parents?

“YAH! Who’s in there?” the girl who had revealed MyungSoo’s past snapped and started to bang on the door to the stall I where inside. Well they had caught me now, so it was no idea in trying to escape and look like I hadn’t heard or seen anything. When the fact was that I surely had. And with that I carefully sat down my feet’s onto the ground and slowly unlocked the door before I made a run for it, but not without getting attacked by the two girls words.

I needed to find MyungSoo, now.

I had to ask him about this, was it really the truth?

Suddenly I stopped in my tracks.

*Could I really ask him about that, what if he gets angry and I destroy the whole trip. Besides what if he asks me whom I heard it from? What if he calls me a liar?*

Thousands of thoughts were circling inside my head, which also caused me to feel a bit nauseas as I started to make my way back to the beach and the campfire, which you could easily see from where I was standing, since it was the only thing that lit up the beach.

*What am suppose to do?*

I phased back and forward, not knowing whatever I should say something or not. Even though I wanted to know if it was true, I where still scared.

But on the other hand, everything seemed to fit in perfectly, the way he’d act when I asked why he wasn’t happy. Why his eyes where showing no signs of emotions and his body language was that of a person who was scared of hurting someone. It was highly possible that he was scared of meeting new people after that his parents had been killed by a stranger.

Is he scared that someone is after him? Is that why he doesn’t like talking to people he don’t know? Was that why he didn’t like me at first?

My head was spinning like crazy, and that I hadn’t eaten in so many days didn’t make things better either. And my heart was in a lot of pain, all the things that I’d said and done to him made me angry of myself. I surely had made his life even more troublesome.

I glanced towards the campfire, students where chatting happily with each other and laughed once in a while at something the other person said. And all that without knowing the pain that MyungSoo had been carrying around for quite some time. Though I didn’t know how long since that girl hadn’t said anything about that. But remembering how MyungSoo was the first time I spoke with him, it had to be for quite some time.

My gaze shifted from the people surrounding the campfire to a person, who was sitting by her/himself near the water. It didn’t take many seconds before I registered that it was MyungSoo. He seemed somewhat caught up in deep thoughts.

*I wonder what?*

With slow steps I walked towards him, almost too slow as it felt like everything was played in slow-motion. Though as I had almost reached where he was seated the world around me started to spin, just like it had in the cafeteria after I got to know that mom and dad’s plane had crashed into the Pacific Ocean.

“M-MyungSoo” I breathed out in a fast phase, scared that no one would notice my soon collapsing self. With a blurry sight I could see how he turned around in a fast motion. The fear in his eyes was the last thing I saw before everything turned pitch black.

It felt like I had drown in MyungSoo’s eyes, those eyes that only showed hate and despise the first time I saw him.