New Phone

What is True Love?

I stood there, frozen to the ground and only gawked. Why did I have to meet him here out of all places?

“Do you need help?” someone suddenly said, causing me to snap out of my thoughts and glance towards the person, well a worker to be exact since he had a t-shirt with the company’s name and then a name tag on it, reading; Choi Jun Woo. I looked over at MyungSoo and noticed that he had the same kind of t-shirt, meaning that he was working there too.

*Crap*

I wanted to run away, run as far as possible, but apparently my legs and mind didn’t co-operate since I stepped further inside the store and I uttered “I want to buy a phone”.

*Humiliation NR 1, check*

A low awkward laugh escaped my lips as I stared at MyungSoo, who had his eyes pierced at me, and at the same time probably thinking that I was a complete idiot. Because what else than a phone could you buy in a cell phone store?

“I-I’m going to look at some phones” I smiled and pointed in the direction of where the brand new cell phones were hanging. Since I practically knew what kind of phone I wanted it wasn’t too hard to chose. Well maybe it was, because I couldn’t decide which of the phones I wanted. Both of them where super cute and had all the features that I wanted.

“Okay, just tell me or MyungSoo-sshi if you want any help” the man smiled as he spoke and then bowed before returning to where he had been standing when I entered a few minutes ago, behind the counter.

“Yeh” I faked a smile and then turned my attention towards the phones, “Hm, which one of you should I chose” I asked myself as I was holding the two different phones in my hand. “Pick that one” a voice suddenly appeared right next to me, which almost caused me to drop the phones to the ground.

*If it is that old man, I’m going to shove…* I thought as I spun around to face the person interrupting me, I blinked a few times. It wasn’t the old man; in fact it was MyungSoo who was standing just a meter away, and with his eyes pierced into mine. I flinched at the darkness showing in his eyes and turned my attention back to the phones.

*Go away, go away, go away* I ranted in my mind and closed my eyes, thinking that it maybe would be a higher chance of my wish to come true if I did so. It didn’t seem to work as I then felt something brush against my right hand and I felt how the phone I was holding in slid away. I snapped my eyes open and looked down, capturing how MyungSoo was grabbing the Anycall from my hand.

“You’re buying this one” he simply stated and then disappeared behind the counter and then vanished in through a room behind the cashier. “That’s also a way to sell phones” I placed back the LG Lollipop in the holder and watched as MyungSoo returned with a box reading; Anycall Magic Hole.

“But I didn’t tell you which color I wan..” I began as I remembered that the phone came in different colors, but I shut up when he somewhat harshly put the box on the counter and I saw that he had picked a blue one. *How could he know which color I wanted?* I wondered since he had been right, I wanted a blue phone because blue was simply my favorite color. But I didn’t dare question him about it since he would probably glare at me before putting the phone away and hushing me out from the store.

I watched as he entered the price on the cashier, which soon showed the staggering price of 600 000₩ (420$). But I really needed a new phone so it was just to hand over the cash and look happy.

“Komawoyo” I thanked them for their co-operation, though it felt a bit strange to bow for MyungSoo and then say thank you to him. It wasn’t like I was displeased with his actions when picking the phone right out of my hand, somewhat I had felt happy. Thus I didn’t know if it was because that I had a hard time choosing the right phone or if it was something else.

I took a quick glance at MyungSoo and noticed a change in his eyes, even though they were still really dark, but on the same time they weren’t as pitch black as before, or maybe I was just dreaming that they had changed.

 

*Ugh, why do I care so much about him?* it was the first time I felt so frustrated, I didn’t even know why I cared that much, because it wasn’t like he cared back. The only thing I would get from him was that glare, that glare of hate.  Okay enough of that now or I’m going to get nightmares.

“Goodbye and welcome back” the old man said and bowed before saying to MyungSoo that he should bid goodbye as well, *no, no, no what if he hates me even more after having to do that* my mind shrieked and I hurried to say that he didn’t have to and with that I left after biding goodbye as well.

~~~~

“Awh, so cute” I beamed as I picked up the new phone from its box and turned it around in my hand, so that I could take a closer look on it. It was by all means the prettiest cell phone I had seen and also really cool with that circle in the middle. After sliding my fingers along the surface I flapped the phone open and pressed the start button, soon a message showed, telling me that I had to put in the SIM card. And so I did, before looking around on all the new features that my old phone didn’t have. By that meaning; camera, MP3, internet.

I faced the camera towards myself and pressed the middle button, I was taking a picture for the first time in my life. After that the light had flashed I turned the phone around so that I could inspect the newly taken picture of myself.

*Oh, the camera is really good* I thought and smiled proudly, but as I remembered that I had non to take any pictures with my smile faded away. *How I wished that I could have someone to take pictures with*.

My mind travelled back to when MyungSoo touched my hand, and I felt it sting in my heart. No, not because I was feeling something for him, but because that during those minutes he had spoken. He had spoken more during those two minutes then he had done during my two months here. But I wasn’t complaining since that helped me in getting to know him more.

Well, thinking about it, I don’t know that much more about him even after that. I sighed, how could someone be so, so non talk active. I have never seen him with anyone in school, besides that time one week ago, with those annoying girls. Does he even have any friends?