Gongpo

What is True Love?

”What?” I stared at her in disbelief, why would she want to talk about him? Had In Ae and MyungSoo some sort of relationship or what?

“Aniya, it’s not like that” she waved her hands frenetically as she understood what I was thinking. But then why? Why would she want to talk about him, if it weren’t for that they had a relationship?

“It’s something you need to know” she uttered as she shifted her gaze around yet again. Was the thing she where going to tell me something she couldn’t. Though, I was a bit afraid that what she was going to tell me was something I didn’t want to know.

And I had been right; it was something I didn’t want to know of. Apparently MyungSoo had been lurking around some bad people the past couple of days, though I didn’t know if it had started before or after our fight at the rooftop three days ago.

“I asked Jinho if he knew what kind of people they where, and he told me that they where a part of a gang that was stationed in Seoul called Gongpo (horror/fear). Well since they are an underground gang, they take care of some really bad stuff.” In Ae explained and I could feel how my stomach turned around in discomfort because I remembered something. Something that was scaring me more than anything right now. Shin, the mafia guy, he told me he was the leader of a gang called Gongpo.

*Oh my god, what is happening*

“Yah! Iseul are you alright?” In Ae’s voice beamed in my head as I stared straight ahead of me, letting my eyes gaze around on the beautiful landscape.

“Y-yeh” I managed to stutter out, though I felt everything besides alright. What was MyungSoo doing, had he joined Shin’s gang or what? But most important, what was Shin’s gang really doing. Did they abuse people, maybe they killed them. I gulped down on my saliva before asking In Ae if she knew about what Gongpo was doing.

“Everything”

Great, just great, it meant that they killed people as well.

“Do you know what he’s doing, MyungSoo?” I wondered and I could see how In Ae’s body tensed a bit as she looked up from the ground and shifted her gaze to my eyes. “I’m not sure” she replied and I sighed even more afraid now, since I didn’t know what kind of stuff he was doing. What if he starts to mess up his life even more?

“You know that mafia guy you served when you worked at High Love?” huh why was she asking about him? Had something happened? I nodded my head approvingly as in I knew who she was referring to.

“He’s been searching for you, as in asking where you live and such” I heard the fear in her voice, and it didn’t take me many second before I understood that it was that, it was that she’d been afraid to say out loud just in case someone would hear. And knowing that they killed people, then why couldn’t they kill her.

“Seriously, you didn’t tell?” I asked even more afraid, since the apartment block I was living in didn’t have fancy stuff like guards, plus, I didn’t have anyone that could protect me anymore if someone where to break into the apartment.

“Of course not” she nearly yelled as if I where accusing her for something she hadn’t done. Okay, I knew that my question had sounded harsh but it was because I was scared. Well who wouldn’t when a murdered could knock on your door any second.

I said sorry for my rude behavior but she brushed it away, saying that she would’ve reacted the same way and that there where no need to feel sorry.

“So how’s life going?” she suddenly asked and somehow I wanted to laugh out loud, while thinking about the pathetic life of mine. Because that was probably the one and only word describing my life right now, pathetic.

“Not good”

“Wae?”

“First of all, I had this huge fight with MyungSoo and now he doesn’t want to see me, I’m going to get kicked out from my apartment in three weeks, the University I applied to doesn’t want me, and lastly some freaking killer is after me” I said an empathized the word killer as if it was something everyone had after themselves.

“Wow, that’s a heck of a life you got”.

A laughter escaped my lips and I saw how In Ae stared at me weirdly before she asked why I was laughing.

“Because, all these things have happened in less than a month, my whole life have been turned up-side down in less than one month”

This just showed how fragile a human being was. How one’s life could get destroyed in such a small amount of time.

Suddenly a phone rang, but it wasn’t my signal, so it had to be In Ae’s phone. I was proved right as she picked up her phone and answered it. After a few ‘yes’ and some ‘no’ she ended the call and looked up at me, apologetic.

“Sorry, I need to go. It was Jinho” she apologized as she stood up before I did as well. “I guess I’ll see you around” I said and hugged her tightly and then let her go. She looked at me and smiled before she turned her back at me and started to walk away.

I let the air sipper out from my nose, thus making small clouds as I started to walk towards the apartment again.

“Iseul?” In Ae’s voice rang in my ear, causing me to turn around in the direction of where she had walked off. I stared at her, waiting and wondering if she was going to say something more.

He loves you – Kim MyungSoo” she shouted and my body stiffened upon hearing his name. But before I could say something back, she had already disappeared into the night.

*No, he didn’t love me. He hated me.*

~~

Okay, I said that I would say my favorite songs as of right now. Not in order but. 'U got it bad - Sunggyu & Hoyeah' & 'Tic Toc - Sistar' & 'One - Double B 21' & 'Superstar - 4minute' and lastly 맡겨 - Infinite. I love far more songs that just them. But if I where to list them all it would be too troublesome -_-''