Breaking

What is True Love?

This morning had been a lot better than the previous two ones when I overslept, I don’t know if my alarm clock had some contemporary I-don’t-want-to-ring sickness. Anyway it worked again and that was more than I hoped for. Since I thought I’d have to buy a new one.

Anyhow the first class had been math; it was quite boring actually, like most of the classes. But they where all must-go classes, so you couldn’t skip them.

This is my daily schedule

8.15AM ~ 9.15AM; Math
9.20AM ~ 10.20AM; Geography
10.30AM ~ 11.30AM; English
11.30AM ~ 12.15PM; Lunch
12.15PM ~ 1.15PM; Science
1.20PM ~ 2.20PM; Korean
2.35PM ~ 3.35PM; P.E
4.00PM ~ 10.00PM; if you want to stay and study more or have club activity.

I only had English left and then it would be lunch break, finally. It’s the best time of the whole school day as that meant that I could be with MyungSoo, since he’s not in my class.

The door to 3-A’s homeroom slid open and in stepped the English teacher, Park Sa Yeon. The devil in disguise, at least for me she was. “You all know that the finals are next week and I hope you are studying hard for it” she said and let her books fall to the teacher’s desk as she glanced around on all the students.

“Yeh” I muttered, I truly hated finals, and especially the English one. Okay it’s not like I don’t have any English skills, it’s just that my speaking is the worst. I can understand, read and write quite good but the speaking, no.
“Iseul-sshi have you studied enough?”

It felt as if she doubted me, well that feeling isn’t really new to me. But on the other hand I couldn’t care less, since everyone at this school was doubting me, even though the only reason I’m in this school is because of my grades.

*I wonder how many of these students ever got a 100 on their tests, one maybe two*

“Yes I have” okay it wasn’t a total lie, only a half lie since I had studied a bit. Not that much since I’ve concentrated myself on the other four subjects, Math, Science, Korean and Geography.

“Okay then” Sa Yeon stated and then opened the English book in front of her and told us to open the 241 page. And as I did so I saw something in the corner of my eye, something that was flying across the room. As in a reflex I shielded my face with my hands but as seconds past and I couldn’t feel anything I took them away and glanced in the direction of where it had been flying.

It was a piece of paper, which one of Im Hye’s friends where holding onto and reading before she glanced back at Im Hye and smirked. *What are they up to now?* I wondered and stared at Im Hye who had turned around and was now staring right at me with an angry look on her face.

*Weird*

“So if everyone could read the text on page 241 and then answer the questions on page 242” Sa Yeon said brisk and then sat down. I didn’t bother to answer and just began reading the text. The text revolved around two lovers who couldn’t be together because of their different backgrounds. And with their parents being against their relationship, thus that they didn’t separate.

Even though I’d never been in a relationship the text was moving. And the ending was really sad with the boy leaving her. He couldn’t take seeing the girl being constantly hurt and decided that if he left her then she could live a happier life.

I began answering the questions that was one the next page. Some of the questions wondered if it really mattered if you came from a different background, while another one asked what you would do if you where the boy and then the girl in this kind of relationship.

Just when I had finished writing down the answer to the last question the bell rang, indicating that it was lunch. Well I didn’t bring any lunch with me since I’d eaten breakfast and since I didn’t have that much money I needed to eat as little as possible.

“Iseul could you come” Im Hye suddenly asked me to come with her, or to me it was more like you have to come with me and not a question. “O-okay” I glanced at her friends who also where ready to fallow with Im Hye as I started to walk towards the door.

“So what do…”

“Shut up” Im Hye snapped and grabbed my arm and pushed me inside the girls’ bathroom before she let her friends in and locked the door behind herself and then returned to stand next to me again.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from MyungSoo” she growled and slapped my cheek, harsh. The burning sensation immediately rushed to my brain and I let out a small cry as I glared at her. “Why should I listen to you” I retorted angry as I brought my phone out from my pocket and started to tape in MyungSoo’s phone number that I got a few days ago. But before I knew it Im Hye had taken the phone out of my hand.

“Oh so you can afford to have this kind of cell phone” she smiled but that smile soon faded away as I think that she saw my wallpaper picture of me and MyungSoo. “You..” her eyes enlarged as she stared at the picture on my phone.

“I wonder if you could afford to buy a new one” she smiled and then snapped the phone in half before she let the pieces fall to the marble floor beneath. The crashing sound that erupted when it hit the floor rang in my ears together with Im Hye and her friends’ laughter.

“Good luck with buying a new phone” Im Hye smirked as she unlocked the door and disappeared as I could only stare at my broken phone that was in two pieces.

~~~~

I had just stepped inside the store where I bought my phone and where MyungSoo also worked, though hopefully he wouldn’t be there. Since I didn’t know what I would answer if he asked what had happened to my phone.

But as I glanced around I saw that neither MyungSoo nor that old man was there, just some other man. I went up to the cashier counter where he was standing and asked if I could have a new phone as I showed him my broken one.

“Let’s see if you had a warranty” he said and then asked for my full name, which he typed in on the computer. “I’m sorry miss but you don’t have a warranty on that, and how come it’s snapped in half?”

“A girl at my school did it” I sighed and felt how my heart was thumping like crazy, because I was so mad right now. If I didn’t get a new phone then I wouldn’t have one, since I threw my other phone away when I bought this.

“Oh, but I’m sorry I can’t give you a new one” he apologized and I let my shoulders sink as I took my phone back and decided that I couldn’t do more and the best would just to go home before I actually punched someone in the face.

~~

Ha, I actually got my mom to like 다시 돌아와 and that is a real success since it's the only K-pop song that she actually like XD kudos to Infinite for that x3