Heartbeats

What is True Love?

*Stupid alarm clock, stupid subway and stupid school that has to begin so early* I ranted in my mind as I ran towards the soon closing school gates. It was the first school day of the year and soon also my first late attendance, such a great way to start the New Year.

I glanced down on my wrist watch as I where running, 8.08AM, only seven minutes left to the school gates to close. I harshly bumped into someone, which caused me to fall towards the ground. Pain immediately rushed through me and I cried as I sat up and saw that both my left hand and knee was bleeding.

“Yah! Why are…” I where irritated that the person didn’t even seem to care that I where lying there, bleeding to death. Okay maybe I wasn’t bleeding to death, but almost.

Those eyes that met mine were nothing I imagined.

“What are you doing?” his voice wasn’t harsh, or angry. It seemed more like he was scared over what had happened. “I’m trying to get to school in time, but with this it’s going to be impossible” I stated and glanced down on my bleeding injuries that hurt like hell.

“Get on” he bent down and motioned for me to get on his back. Is he kidding? How can I possibly let him carry me to school? “No” I stated firmly as I stood up and tried to walk on my own accord. Okay I wasn’t really walking. More like jumping on my other leg. “Just get on, and we’ll have a bigger chance in making it on time”.
Well he was right, how many minutes could it be left? 3 minutes maybe 4 if I where lucky.

“Okay, okay” I cried frustrated as MyungSoo bent down so I could get on his back. “Just tell me if I’m too heavy and I’ll get off” I said as I climbed onto his back and put my legs and arms around him, so that I wouldn’t fall off. “Are you kidding me, you’re light as a feather” he replied and then started to half run towards the school gates.

It didn’t take long before we could see the school. *Maybe we’ll make it in time after all* I smiled like a goofball inside as MyungSoo slowed down when we where just outside the gates.

“MyungSoo-sshi you should take Iseul-sshi to the school nurse so she can take a look at that” the teacher standing next to the gates stated and hushed MyungSoo to hurry up since the classes would soon begin.

“Yeh”

“MyungSoo I can really go there myself, you can just go to your class or you’ll be late” I pursued him to just drop me off and then go, but of course he wouldn’t listen. Well, what did I expect?

As we stepped inside the nurse office I looked around, hoping that no one would be there to see MyungSoo carrying me like this. Since that person would probably tell Eun Yeol, and that would not end well.

After MyungSoo had put me down on the ground again the nurse told him to return to his homeroom. “No” he stated firmly as he made me sit down on a chair. “But you rea…” the nurse began but MyungSoo suddenly shot her a gaze that made her twitch and then practically run out of there. “You really need to stop with that” I said to him and then sighed.

“With what?” he tried to sound innocent but I knew that he understood what I meant by what I said.

“Here, smile instead” I smiled as I brought my hands up to his face and pulled his cheeks into what would look like a smile, though little did I know that it would also make my hand hurt even more. And I weren’t late to show my sulking face as the pain worsened.

“See, that’s the only thing you get when smiling” he said, his eyes where black and cold as ice before he started to clean my wound that I got on my knee. “Huh?”

“Pain”

*What does he mean? That you only smile to hide the real pain that’s eating you up*I wondered and grimaced as the alcohol came in contact with the wound. It was hurting badly, but then again, if you didn’t clean it then it might get infected and that would be my last wish.

“I need to put bandage around both” he said in low raspy voice, it sounded as he had been crying or where crying. “A-are you crying?” I asked but he was fast to say that he hadn’t. But it was something that told me that he was lying, or maybe it was that he at lying so I tilted his head upwards so that I could see his face clearly.

I was right, his eyes where glittery and small tears were tinting his cheeks and eyes. The only thing troubling me with this was; why was he crying? It wasn’t like he had hurt himself. Well considering that he carried me then maybe I’ve destroyed his back.

He suddenly stood up straight, which caused my hand to fall back to my side as I stared at him, wondering what he was thinking on before I stood up and also realized that he had taken a step backwards. “I think we need to go to our class” I said and took a step forwards towards the door and him.

But stupid as I am I used the left leg first, the leg where my knee just recently had been bleeding and hurting like crazy, though it was still hurting like crazy. And as I wasn’t prepared for the sudden pain that made my leg give in I tumbled forwards and right into MyungSoo’s chest.

I gulped down on my saliva as my heart started to thump harder and harder. Though what caught my attention wasn’t that we were in such an awkward position, but that his heart was beating just like mine.

Maybe I weren’t weird after all, if more peoples heart is beating like this then it makes it completely normal.
*Oh thank god, I thought I where starting to develop a heart attack or something like that*I heaved a sigh as I felt how MyungSoo pulled me away from him and then glanced down at me with those eyes of him.

“S-sorry” I cried and then rushed out of there, though the feeling in my heart when being together with him was totally different when I wasn’t. It was like someone where pouncing and hitting my heart to death when not being with MyungSoo. Though when being with him it felt like-like everything would be fine.

That nothing else matters then living the moment, the moment right now.