The New Kid

What is True Love?

How we’d met I didn’t know, or more like how we hadn’t met, because the only thing we had done was exchange glances at one another two times. But that was enough for me to be interested in the said guy, whom I didn’t even know the name of. Well what could I say, the school was large, it had at least 1000 enrolled students and besides, he looked at least one year older than me. If not even two.

And the fact that something bothered me when looking into his dark eyes made me curious, was it showing hate, sadness or something completely else, I didn’t know. But what I did know, was that I were going to find out, or at least try.

“Who’s he?” I asked the girl sitting to the right of me in the enormous room as I pointed at the said guy sitting a few seats behind.

The other girl shifted her head and stared at the mysterious guy, after glancing for what seamed like a split second the girl turned her head back and looked at me before she smirked.

“That’s Kim MyungSoo” the girl replied my question and then said “good luck”, the sarcasm in her voice was noticeable but I couldn’t care less of the other girl’s statement and mouthed “Kim MyungSoo” as in a try to remember where I ha heard that name before.

But I couldn’t, after pushing that matter away I listened as the other girl finished off a sentence, to which I hadn’t been listening too.

“Thanks” I smiled a bit as I thanked the complete stranger sitting next to me. The fact that I didn’t have any friends came to mind and I felt my smile faded a tiny bit.

Well what did I expect after that my family moved from Cheonan to Seoul in the middle of the semester, in October to be exact. Which meant that I had to transfer school.

But this wasn’t the normal High School where everyone was nice, like my old school back in Cheonan. This was Chungdamn High School, to put it in simple words, a school for spoiled rich kids with wealthy parents. And the fact that I wasn’t a rich kid didn’t make the ‘finding-new-friends’ any easier.

And I bet you are wondering how I got accepted into this school?

Well if it weren’t for my grades then I wouldn’t be attending this school at all, simply because my parents would never afford to pay the enormous school fee.

“Lee Iseul from 1A can you come up here” the Principal spoke into the microphone, snapping me out off my thoughts.

*What did he want?* I questioned myself as I stood up and made my way towards the stage, earning stares and whispers from the other students.

“Isn’t that the poor kid?” someone whispered, but I decided to just shrug it off. It didn’t matter what they thought about me because I were never going to make any friends here at all. And to knock down a student because of that stupid comment would probably just get me expelled. Which in my eyes is a bit unnecessary.

I made my way up on the stage and went to stand next to the Principal, who then looked through his papers before he glanced at me with an apologetic look. He bent forwards and spoke in to the microphone, saying that he needed to go and get some papers that he had forgotten.

*Please no, don’t leave me here* I begged inside my head, but of course it never worked out my way. The Principal was soon out off the room and I glanced around the room, catching glimpses of the hundreds of persons who were seated there, and just as I found the person I was looking for I saw something in the corner of my eye, something that was heading my way in the speed of light.


~~~~~~~~

*SPLASH*

I blinked my eyes a couple of times as I felt how water were running down my cheeks and down on my uniform, soaking it wet. That’s when another water bomb came flying and hitting me over the chest, and if my uniform wasn’t already wet, it was now.

Laughter echoed in my ears as I glanced around on all the people who looked like they were having a great time, but that wasn’t what concerned me, the one thing I feared the most was that MyungSoo was laughing as well. After taking a deep breath I glanced towards where he had been seated. But his seat was empty, he had already left.

With a heavy heart I exited the room and ran towards the girls bathroom with glittery tears streaming down my cheeks and thus also making my sight blurry, and that’s when I felt how my right shoulder bumped into something or someone, making me plunge towards the floor and hitting it with a loud thud as I yelped.

After drying my tears I looked up and on the person standing there, it was him. It was Kim MyungSoo and he was staring into my eyes with his black and somewhat emotionless ones as I saw how he opened his mouth.

“Don’t you get it, you don’t fit in here” MyungSoo uttered and then turned around to walk away.

It was official, everyone at this school despised and hated me, even the ever so quiet MyungSoo who I had never heard speak, but now I had, and deep down inside me it somewhat hurt. Maybe because of the fact that during the two months here I’ve gotten hurtful comments from everyone.

Everyone besides him, Kim MyungSoo had never said anything hurtful to me, not until now. My hopes of someone liking me were small if not even insignificant, but at least there was a chance, but not now.

I glanced down at the floor as I felt tears wanting to escape yet again, and I let them, since the one and only person I didn’t want to see me cry had already done so, Kim MyungSoo had seen my tears and I hated myself for that right now. He was probably thinking that I was a coward who would drop out.

“I’M NOT GOING TO DROP OUT” I shouted with confidence in my voice but he made no effort in looking back at me.