Yes

What is True Love?

I sat there, glued to my chair as I watched MyungSoo receive his High School diploma. Though he made no effort in looking at me, which made me a bit upset, since he had told me to use the dress, which he’d bought, with his own money. I wanted to scream out loud, maybe that would attract his attention. But no. I couldn’t. I didn’t have the courage to do so.

After that he had received the two pieces of paper he started to walk towards his seat again. Though he passed by me like he didn’t know me, he didn’t even say a simple hello.

I felt tears stinging my eyes again, but I couldn’t let myself cry here, not in front of all these people. And besides, I didn’t want to walk up there with tears streaming down my cheeks. How embarrassing wouldn’t that be? I watched as the teacher switched places yet again, and it was now Sung Hyun’s turn to enter the enormous stage that had been built just for today. Usually the soccer goal would have its place there, but not now.

“3A – Uhm Kyung Eun” Sung Hyun shouted noticeably irritated by the lack of respect that the students weren’t showing as a pretty girl with long black wavy hair made way towards the stage before she walked the few steps that lead up to the podium itself. As the students clapped their hands I swiftly turned my head around to see if MyungSoo was sitting together with his class, and to my relief, he was.

“3A – Chae Yeo Woon” I watched as another student of my class went up. Come to think of it, I’ve never really taken notice to what kind of people that’s in the same class as me before now. Hm maybe because I’ve been so occupied with MyungSoo.

*Ah this is so boring. Why can’t they hurry up a bit, we’ve been sitting here for almost an hour now.* I thought as the ‘Yeo Woon’ guy made his way back to his seat. And this went on for about five minutes.

“3A – Lee Iseul”

*That’s me* I half cheered in my mind, since it was finally my turn to go up there. Maybe this sh*t would end soon. As I walked towards the stage I didn’t dare to look back, because I where afraid that MyungSoo would take this time to disappear. After all, I couldn’t just run down from there if I noticed that he was gone.

But I broke the promise that I wouldn’t look. Because that was the first thing I did when standing there. Though he was still seated on his place, I really need to stop trigging myself up, with only thinking the worst out of everything.

“Iseul, it’s been great to have you here, even if it where just for a few months” Sung Hyun said before he handed over the two pieces of paper and then said another name. If you where an attention then you’d want to graduate in another high school, because the time you got on stage was barely a minute.

*What’s this* I wondered as I picked up an envelope that was lying on my chair. After opening it I pulled out the letter that was lying inside, though it was something else lying there too. I let my hands enter the envelope yet again, and what I fished up was a ring.

I stared at it. It looked somewhat old but yet beautiful and seeing the decoration it had to be expensive. But who would give this to me? I let the ring rest in my hand as I unfolded the letter and read it out in my mind.
‘I know I haven’t been fare to you. But I’m as scared and afraid as you are. The ring you’re holding was my mother’s ring. I treasure it a lot and therefore I gave it to you. Because I know you treasure the things you hold close. Please forgive me and forget me. PS. you look really beautiful in that dress’.

I shifted my gaze from the letter to the ring I was holding onto in my other hands as tears where streaming down my cheeks. Right now, I couldn’t care whatever people saw it or not. After that I’d placed the ring on my left ring finger I turned around only to see that MyungSoo wasn’t there anymore.

Without hesitation I stood up, earning glared from everyone around me. Not only because I was crying but that I’d interrupted a teacher’s speech. And then, I ran for life. I needed to find MyungSoo, now, before it was too late.

*Don’t leave me now* I begged as I sprinted towards the front of the school, though the damn high heels where making it hard. And as I exited the door that lead outside I saw how the snow was slowly falling down from the gray sky.

The back of a person caught my attention, the way he coolly walked forwards, the stylish hair and the cute gloves that once had held onto my hands. It was MyungSoo.

“MyungSoo” I shouted into the freezing weather as I saw how small clouds where rising from my heavily breathing self. Well who said running was easy? But MyungSoo didn’t stop, he continued walking, but what made me most hurt was that he had heard it. Because I saw how he tensed a bit when hearing my voice. Yet he didn’t stop.

“MyungSoo… Oppa” I’d said it, it was my first time calling him oppa. For me to use that was something intimate thus also something I’ve never said before. I saw how he came to a halt. But he didn’t turn around. He just stood there with his back still facing me.

I can never forget you” I shouted at him as new tears was glistering my cheeks. How could he even think that I could forget him when I’ve spent the previous months with him.

After drying my tears I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. His body tensed as I cried into his back. “How can you even think that I’ll allow myself to forget you?” I asked as I closed my eyes and soon where my sobs the only thing that could be heard. It seemed like he didn’t know what to answer.

I love you” I whispered softly as I felt how he moved around under my grasp. I fluttered my eyes open when feeling something soft brush against my lips and I caught sight of MyungSoo’s face just in front of me, his eyes where closed and his lips pressing against mine. My eyes automatically shut and I found myself replying the kiss.

After what seemed like just a couple of seconds he leaned away and smiled. He truly smiled with his lips as he gazed down on me with those eyes that were nothing like when I met him.

All traces of sadness inside my heart were wiped away by MyungSoo when he whispered that he loved me too. And that he had been for a long time. Only that he didn’t have the courage to confess.

Well I hadn’t either had the courage to tell my true inner feelings to the boy I loved with all my heart, I blushed when he planted a light kiss on my lips yet again and I felt how he brushed his hand over mine before he grabbed it and ran his finger along the ring.

“Oh, here” I where about to take the ring off when he stopped me, “it’s yours, don’t you remember” he snickered and I could literally feel my heart jump at the sound. Maybe he finally started to get happier.

“O-oppa?” I stuttered a bit embarrassed to call him oppa right out of the blue. Though I wondered why I hadn’t called him oppa before. It wasn’t like we where complete strangers. I could hear a low hm sound coming from MyungSoo and I took it as he was listening to what I was going to ask.

“Do you know Shin?” I asked straight out, because that one time at the bar a few days ago, it had to have something to do with MyungSoo. Or maybe it was just me thinking that. “Not really…” he replied but then stopped mid-sentence, as if he doubted whatever he was going to say something more.

“Please tell me” I pouted as I lightly pulled his shirt, trying to be cute just so he would give, and he did but not without letting out a small sigh, which I giggled at. “Just don’t get mad” he replied as I nodded my head.

“I went to that Jin.. something guy at the bar. Since I were afraid that you’d start working there again, but apparently not, though then he said something about a mafia guy where looking for you so I searched for him.
And when I found him, I threatened that if he didn’t stop looking for you I’d make his life a living hell” MyungSoo explained, though I felt grateful that he had done so much for me I still felt bad about it. He risked his life just for me.

“But what if they killed you” I cried as I stared up at him, but he only laughed. As if it was I joke I’d just told. “No risk, you still don’t seem to know that my dad – I own the biggest architecture company in Korea. If it is someone who should be afraid then it’s him” he smiled as he brushed his finger along my cheek. The cold wind swept over us as we stood there. Suddenly I started to feel really cold and began shattering my teeth’s.

“Maybe we should go home” he took my left hand and started to drag me with him, though I didn’t really have a home any more, or at least not in three weeks. “Oppa I don’t really have a home” I murmured under my breath and saw how he came to a halt, before he turned around and faced me as he smiled and brought my left hand up for me to see.

“Do you see this, it’s a wedding ring” I stared wide-eyed at it, what, where in that latter had it stood ‘wedding ring’. I couldn’t recall that those words had been written down. “Wedding ring? Nah your lying” I slapped his arm and started to laugh but as seconds past on and he still had the serious look on his face I knew he was telling the truth.

I glanced down at the ring once again, its beautiful shape and the crystals decorating the ring made me mesmerized by it’ beauty.

“So what does this mean?” I asked a bit awkward, not knowing what I where going to do. It wasn’t everyday you received a wedding ring as a gift. “I don’t know, you tell me” he replied with the brightest smile ever as he went down on his knees.

*Oh My God*

“Lee Iseul will you marry me?” he asked sincerely, his eyes shining like the sun hiding in the sky above us. I bent forward and placed a kiss on his cheek before saying yes. Well I loved him. And he loved me. What more could you ask for.

And Shin was right.

I was one lucky girl.

The End

~~

So, this was it. This fanfic is officially over. I hope you guys liked it, though maybe it had a too cheesy ending. Thanks everyone that have been reading and commenting. Uh I'm going to miss this FF a lot. But everything must come to an end, unfortunately.

if you like Infinite, please register here; http://nolimitinfinite.net/forums/