Easy Love? No!

What is True Love?

”We are going to decide which room everyone is sleeping in” the homeroom teacher for MyungSoo’s class spoke as she was checking on a list that she was holding in her hand. We are going to pair everyone up two and two.

“I want to be with MyungSoo” Im Hye practically shouted and waved her hands in the air, as if they didn’t notice her screaming self.

“No, that’s strictly forbidden. You may only share a room with the same ” Sung Hyun, the homeroom teacher of my class butted in as he scribbled down something on the board he was holding in his hands. “Why not? You guys will share a room” Im Hye was noticeably angry that her plane didn’t seem to work.

“We’re teacher, so let us begin” both Sung Hyun and Yujin replied irritated that Im Hye couldn’t stop bothering them. Though my biggest problem was that since I didn’t have any other friends than MyungSoo it would be quite difficult for me to feel completely at ease. But it wasn’t that I expected that I would be allowed to share a room with MyungSoo since it was a school trip after all.

“Okay, Park Dong Min together with Jung In Ho” I heard how two hands clasped together at the back of the room, I could only guess that it was the two of them celebrating. And so it went on for five minutes until it came to my name. “Lee Iseul together with Lee Im Hye”

*CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

Why did I always have to end up with her, first during English and now this? And not only that I had to be with her, but also that I had to sleep in the same room as her. How do I know that she won’t kill me when I’m sleeping? What if she suffocates me with the pillow? My imagination was running wild.

“What, why do I have to share room with her” Im Hye was disturbing the teacher yet again with her annoying voice as she refused to share room with me. Well that one I agreed to, I didn’t want to share room with her either.

“Lee Im Hye, be quiet or I’m putting you on the next plane back to Seoul, is that understood?” Sung Hyun was beyond furious at Im Hye. Just because she was a rich kid it didn’t mean that she could behave like she wanted to. “So” he motioned for Yujin to continue, and so she did with telling that MyungSoo would share the room next to mine and Im Hye’s together with someone named Jin Hyunmin. I’d never heard that name before, which meant that he had to be in the same class as MyungSoo.

“Everyone here is your keys, take good care of them and your partner” Sung Hyun explained carefully as he stared at Im Hye when telling the last part, that everyone should take care of their partner. Yeah right, the only thing she is good at is taking care of is herself. I doubted that there was an even more selfish person than her in this world.

“Okay, bring the luggage to your respective room” both the teachers motioned for everyone to pick up their suitcases and bring them with as we proceeded from the large entre towards the rooms on the fifth floor which the school had booked only for Chungdamn High School. Though everyone had been strictly told that no alcohol, smoking or sharing room with the other was allowed during the trip what so ever, and if the teacher caught you, then you’d be sent home immediately.

~~

We were currently sitting in the hotel’s restaurant eating dinner, well not everyone; I weren’t eating since I couldn’t find myself letting food enter my mouth. I didn’t understand why, weren’t I at least a bit happier now than before?

“I’m sorry” MyungSoo shifted his gaze from the food in front of him to me. Though I had no idea of why he would say sorry, it wasn’t like he had done something wrong.

“For what?” I wondered bewildered as I looked at him with curiosity.

“For brining you along, Im Hye…” he trailed off as if he wasn’t sure what to say, but if he meant that he was sorry that I had to share room with Im Hye then it wasn’t his fault. It wasn’t he who came up with the rules, neither was it he who told me that I’d have to spend my nights together with that witch. I laughed awkwardly as I waved my hands in the air and told him that it wasn’t his fault.

Instead of talking about Im Hye I changed to subject to what everyone was going to do tomorrow. The only attraction I knew we would go to was Jeju Glass Castle. Apparently it is some sort of theme park with glass art.
“I think it was some sort of glass house and then later we would have a campfire on Hyeopjae Beach” MyungSoo answered while he ate. *Campfire, hm, hopefully wouldn’t Im Hye destroy that one” I muttered and glanced at MyungSoo while he finished the food.

My heart skipped a beat when I felt how he slid his hand into mine and pulled me up from the chair as he pulled me along the restaurant and towards the elevators located in the entrance.

“Where are we going?” I stared up at him as we where riding the elevator upwards, though I had no clue on to which floor. But he didn’t answer and just smiled with his eyes.

*How I wished he could smile with his lips*

My thought where abruptly ended by the elevator door sliding open and only a small staircase could be seen in front of us. Where had he brought me? To the basement, but then again, the basement was down, not up. I wriggled my mouth as I looked up at MyungSoo again, though his facial features was still the same as ever.

Suddenly he pulled my arm yet again and brought me up on the stair that lead somewhere. That somewhere would soon be revealed as the rooftop of the hotel.

“M-MyungSoo can we really be here?”

I hoped that we were allowed to really be here, but since it wasn’t a locker on the door, then maybe? But what about Sung Hyun and Yujin, had they told us that we weren’t allowed on the roof of the building? Probably, but knowing MyungSoo he wouldn’t listen to anyone.

I saw how he shrugged his shoulder and pulled me along further towards the railing that was surrounding the whole roof, so that no one would fall down. The roof was after all thirty-forty meters above ground level. And if you fell down from here you’d definitely die without a doubt.

“I’m scared” I cried as I stood there, holding onto the railing so hard that my knuckles had turned white. I where beyond afraid of heights and standing like this with only a railing preventing me from plunging towards my death was heart wrecking. Though, the city of Jeju was beautiful now when neon signs and street lamps was lighting up the dark skies.

“Don’t” he whispered right next to my ear as he brought his arms around my waist from behind yet again, even though I didn’t want to admit it, but I felt less scared when he was close by, especially now.

“Iseul?” his voice was careful yet warm as he spoke and I couldn’t let myself feel happy and all goofy inside as I made a small ‘hm’ and felt how my heartbeats speeded up to an unhealthy limit.

“Iseul I-I-I…”

“WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING HERE?” the oh so familiar voice of Sung Hyun sounded, which caused MyungSoo to back away from me as we both stared back at my homeroom teacher that was standing there, together with Yujin and of course Im Hye. It wouldn’t be too much of a surprise if it was Im Hye who gossiped that we where here.

“I’m sorry it was my fault” MyungSoo bowed to the two teachers as I could only gap at him. Why was he the only one saying sorry? I agreed to come here as well, and yet he his taking all the blame.

Before I even got the chance to react about what was happening, MyungSoo was already at the door leading to the staircase and finally to the elevator that took us up here. My gaze shifted from MyungSoo’s back to Im Hye who had a huge smirk plastered on her lips. How I just wanted to walk up to her and wipes that smirk off her face with a slap.

“Iseul, it’s time to sleep” Sung Hyun stated as he and Yujin then turned their backs and walked back, towards the elevator as Im Hye was still standing there with her smirk.

“I’m never going to let you have MyungSoo” she laughed evilly as she strode up to me. Her face was soon just inches away from mine as I stared into her eyes.

“He’s not a toy who you could just go and buy and then throw away when you want to” I stated in a matter of fact tone as I walked past her, feeling how my blood was boiling inside. That girl sure had problems, I don’t know how many times MyungSoo had told her that he doesn’t like her. Still she doesn’t seem to get it, or it maybe is that she doesn’t want to.

Before I reached the door I stopped and slightly turned around so that I could see Im Hye.

“If you think I’m just going to let you take him, then you’re wrong” I was full with confidence as I said that before I proceeded to the door and took the elevator down to the room I was sharing together with Im Hye.

*Well love don’t come easily, you have to fight for it*