Past

What is True Love?

*Relax, relax* I murmured inside my head as I stood outside the principal’s office, waiting to get to step inside. I’d already made an appointment to talk with him, to talk about MyungSoo and his past.

I watched how the door flung open and Se Hyuk became visibly and motioned for me to step inside. After taking a deep breath I walked in and sat down on the chair in front of his desk, as he walked around it and sat down on his.

“Iseul, what did you want to talk about?” he asked as he stared at me with curiosity. How would I begin? Would he even answer my questions? Well it wouldn’t hurt to try. “Ehm, can I ask you something?” I darted my eyes around nervously as I fidgeted with my skirt.

“About what?”

I gulped down on my saliva before I ever so slowly began, “M-MyungSoo” my voice cracked a bit at the end and I noticed how Se Hyuk’s body tensed a bit when I said MyungSoo’s name. Maybe the girls hadn’t been lying; maybe something really had happened to MyungSoo before I came here. Suddenly, he heaved a sigh and murmured an almost inaudible ‘maybe it’s time’. Though I didn’t know if it was meant for me to hear or not.

“What do you mean ‘maybe it’s time’?” a chill ran down my back and I felt how my heart started to pound harder. It was something with all this that made me rather uncomfortable.

Was I afraid?

“I’ve known MyungSoo my whole life. His dad and I went to the same University” Se Hyuk had began telling the story of MyungSoo and he laughed a bit after stating that he and MyungSoo’s dad had went to the same University, as if he remembered something funny.

“Well, his dad and my then best friend Ryu Min, was a bit past forty when MyungSoo was born. I remember that when we where younger and he had just started his company. He told me that he would never have time with a wife or any children. Though until one day. When a really beautiful young lady entered his life, Tae Eun, she was ten years younger than him. Still, that didn’t prevent them from growing feelings for one another. I can still remember that her parents where strictly against their marriage. Though they still stuck together, their love is something I’ve never seen before. It was special.”

*Special, just like Kim MyungSoo*

“Then about ten months after their marriage MyungSoo was born. That boy, he got so spoiled by his parents with expensive toys, fancy clothes and the finest food you could find. Well, his mother was after all one of Korea’s most famous chefs. She used to make the most delicious Kimpab..”

“Kimpab?” I cut him off, I know it was rude but, but remembering MyungSoo’s tears the first time he ate Kimpab was still something that would never disappear from my mind. His love for Kimpab was all because of his mother? It had to be a reminder of her.

“Ah, yeh. Kimpab was MyungSoo’s favorite food, but after ‘that’ I’ve never seen him eat it, except for one time. But then he was just crying. You should know that MyungSoo loved his mother and father dearly..”

“Wait, what? Loved?” I cut his words again, a bit lost and confused. But somehow he didn’t seem to be bother by my eagerness. Maybe he didn’t expect anything else from a low life human.

“Oh, no one told you” he had raised an eyebrow before a heavy sigh escaped his lips yet again as I stared at him. Wondering what everyone else knew besides me.

“It was two years ago, on New Year’s Eve. MyungSoo had been at his friends’ house to celebrate the New Year and when he got home to their house he found his parents. They had been stabbed to death. The police caught the criminal and later came to a conclusion that it was a failed robbery that went wrong. Since the criminal didn’t think anyone would be home.”

*New Years Eve, it was the day I saw him cry for the first time. The day he really didn’t want me to go home, had he been afraid that someone was after him?*pain was striking my heart with full force. It was so many things I’d done to him that I now regretted.

“He sold the house immediately and moved. I can understand that, I don’t think anyone would want to live in the house where ones parent was murdered. He also started to pull away from his friends, he skipped school a lot. Though even that, he still managed to get the grades. I have no idea of how. But his father was a bright man and I guess it’s something that runs in the DNA. Well since I knew it was no idea in trying to pursue him in attending school I got him a job, thinking that he’d return to school when he was ready. And the fact that MyungSoo had grown up, really showed when he told me that he wanted to earn money for himself, and not just use what his parents earned and saved. He wanted to live an independent life. Of course he used the saved up money to pay the rent but he never bought anything fancy for himself. But then, when you came, something happened to him.” It was something with Se Hyuk’s voice when telling me the last part that I’d been the reason of his change of skipping school that made me less afraid.

“He started to attend school again. And since I’ve known him since birth I know that boy very well. And you should now, that you play a great part in MyungSoo’s life right now. But I think you already know that”
It was if all my air had been knocked out off me, all these things that had happened to MyungSoo these past two years. He had been in two years of constant suffering and he still managed to fix school and work.

And though I felt ashamed of myself right now, I was still feeling joy inside, joy, because of MyungSoo. He had lost his parents and still managed to keep his life somewhat together. Well maybe not the socializing part. And that he worked even though he had lots of money was really admiring, since I know many people would just use it and spend it on the most unnecessary things ever. Such as alcohol, tobacco, cars, clothes and other stuff, but not him.

“Se Hyuk sshi?” I murmured under my breath as I glanced up from the floor and looked at him. I was staring at the man that had known MyungSoo’s family for ages and even been there when he was born.

“Um?”

“Doesn’t he have any relatives?” I wondered since MyungSoo was underage when his parents died, normally you would put him in an orphanage. Well that of course if he didn’t have any relatives that could stand as a guardian. I saw how Se Hyuk shook his head. “But how…”

It was his turn to cut me off; he told me that he was MyungSoo’s guardian. Which no one else knew about, except for the teachers, and MyungSoo himself. “But you can’t tell anyone about this, araso”

I nodded my head slowly as I thought about how MyungSoo’s life these past two years must’ve been like. And here I was, complaining about my dead parents when he, he even saw his dead parents and had no one to talk to. At least I had MyungSoo.

MyungSoo, I need to find him, now.

“I need to go” I stated before I hurried to bid goodbye as I then exited the room and started to run towards MyungSoo’s homeroom.

~~

So, know MyungSoo's past have been revealed ;P ugh I never imagined when I began writing this story that I'd take this many chapters before it was revealed. Though the story isn't finished yet. I don't know how many chapters I'm going to write more =S BTW has someone heard about the new group that's going to debut, I think it was in September, they're called Double B 21. Yeh, they are 21 members =OO

not to mention the other group 20Stars or something who are debuting soon.. god it's like 40 new names to learn. they're only seven members in the MV due to that they are going to split up into three groups with seven members each. Since you can't fit 21 members on a stage =S they are under Xing Entertainment and apparently two previous Xing members are going to be in the group *__* well here's their first MV; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHcp8BEOy5A