Forget It

What is True Love?

*Gash, what the hell is wrong with me? This morning is like a reply of yesterday. First with the alarm clock not ringing when it should and then me missing the train.

*I HATE THIS* I screamed in my mind as I glanced at the watch on my wrist. It was already 8.12AM and the gates where closing in three minutes. And the pain that evaluated from my knee when running like this didn’t help. It felt as if my knee was on fire.

I rounded the last corner that would make me be able to see the school, but as I did that something caught my arm and pulled me to the side, harsh. Though, as I tried to scream something clasped itself over my mouth, which caused me to shut up.

*Am I being kidnapped now?* I wondered and prayed that the person that was standing behind me wasn’t going to hurt me. “Don’t scream” the voice seemed familiar but I where too afraid right now to really catch who it could be.

I nodded my head and then felt how the person brought his/her hand away from my mouth and then turned me around so that I would face the ‘kidnapper’. My eyes widened at the sight.

“You” I stated, feeling how my heart had mixed feelings, both angriness, irritation, happiness, and then something I couldn’t put into words.

“What are you doing?” I asked bewildered over the fact that it had been MyungSoo who had scared the hell out of me. “What?” he wondered as I stared at him. His facial features were half hiding under a gray/black beanie that covered his ears and reached down his forehead and down to his eyebrows.

“All this” I said and pointed at the two of us, wondering why he had done this.

“Let’s ditch school” he suddenly uttered and took my glove covered hand in his as he started to drag me away from school. “But school?” I cried and glanced back at the school that soon disappeared out of sight.

“Forget it”

~~~~
I don’t know whatever I should cry or laugh over the fact that we are at my apartment in Hannam. Yeah after that we ditched school and with nothing to do, we ended up here. Not only because the shops weren’t open just yet but also because MyungSoo hadn’t seen where I lived.

“Thinking about it, you’re probably the only poor girl at Chungdamn” MyungSoo said when we stepped inside the door of the apartment and he saw how I lived. That we didn’t own any fancy furniture’s or high teach TVs.

“Gee, thanks” I muttered as I closed the door and locked it before I took my shoes and jacket off. “There isn’t much to do here as you can see” I said and then started to clean up the things that where lying on the couch.

“Wait, I’ll fix you something to eat” I rushed towards the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. It wasn’t much showing in there. Some left over Kimchi, eggs and some other stuff, I hope he likes Kimchi omelet because that’s the only thing I can make out of this.

A few minutes later I brought the Kimchi omelet and a glass of water and placed it down on the living room table. “Sorry that’s the only thing I could make out of the ingredients in the refrigerator” I apologized. I didn’t include that much of my monthly allowance went to the New Year’s dinner a week ago. It meant that I had to live sparely the rest of the month.

“Don’t apologize, it’s still food right. But why aren’t you eating?”

“I’m not hungry” I lied, though the fact was totally opposite. I where dead hungry, but all the food had gone to make the omelet and it wasn’t like I hadn’t been without food before.

And with that he ate, he sliced the omelet into smaller pieces before placing them inside his mouth; one could easily tell that he was well mannered and ate in peace. Not like me, I would’ve practically stuffed the food inside my mouth.

“Is it eatable?”

He hummed and then drank from the water glass before he ate up the last of the omelet. Then maybe my cooking skills aren’t that bad after all.

“So what do you want to do next? The clock is still early, only 9.30AM” I asked as I brought the plate and glass away from the table and placed it down in the sink before I started to wash it up while waiting for a reply from MyungSoo.

A reply that didn’t came, and as I finished washing up I returned to the living room. But he wasn’t there. Did he go home? Didn’t this apartment live up to his standards or what?

I went to see if his things were where he left them. And they were. But where was he?

I found him in the worst place ever, in my room. Yeah, in my room that was in a total mess of clothes and other girl stuff. “What are you doing here?” I questioned him as he was picking up a picture of mom, dad and me that was taken five years ago when we lived in Cheonan. I had gotten a new bicycle that day, it had been my fourteenth birthday and I can still remember how happy I got when seeing it.

The weeks after that I practically lived on that bike, if I weren’t at school then I was sitting on it as I where exploring the surrounding areas. Though on day will still remain intact as the worst accident I’d been in.

A September morning, it was the perfect weather of riding the bike and I weren’t late to jump on it and hit the road. I don’t remember so much of the actual accident but what I do remember is that I was going down a hill in a quiet high speed. I had done it so many times before that I weren’t afraid of the speed that the ride downwards developed.

I where actually more thrilled when the bike speeded up, though the last thing I can remember is that I hit something on the way down. My mom said afterwards that it probably was a stone or something like that. Anyway, it made me fly into the air and hit the ground, which caused me to pass out.

When I woke up I was lying in a hospital bed with wires attached to my body. And one of those ‘heart-machines’ that could tell the heart rate of the patient. Both mom and dad told me that I had been lying in a coma for almost a week. The only thing that’s actually remembering me about the accident is a long scar that’s running down from my elbow to my wrist on the inner side of my left arm.

Though, now when it’s winter time no one can see it since it’s covered with all clothes but on the summer when some people see it they back away, disgusted by the look of the scar. It’s not that pretty to tell the truth, but I’ve also seen worse. But I wondered why MyungSoo hadn’t discovered it yet, well maybe he had but decided to not say anything about it.

“So I can’t be in your room, but you can be inside mine, that is a bit unfair don’t you think” he stated as he placed the frame down on the table standing next to my bed.

“Maybe, but what do you want to do? Watch TV, sleep” I wondered and saw how he turned around so that he was looking straight at me, “sleep?” he asked with a raised eyebrow, like I had been joking.

“I don’t know, maybe you’re tired. I know I am” I yawned, though the question if he wanted to sleep had been a joke but I where still tired. But not that tired that I had to sleep right now. “Then why don’t you”

“Because it’s unfair to you”