Airplane

What is True Love?

I’d been lying in bed since Thursday night, and it was now Sunday. The only thing I’d done was staring up at the ceiling. And my cell phone had been sounding once in a while, sometimes it would be a call though most of the times it was a message. I knew very well who it was that wanted to contact me, but no. I didn’t want to talk to him ever again.

But even though I could say that I hated him to death my heart was telling me something else. It was not hate it felt, it was the opposite. Maybe not love but it was definitely not hate it was radiating. But why couldn’t I just pick up the phone and call him, if I apologized then maybe he’d forgive me. But I where to embarrassed and humiliated that I couldn’t.

The only problem was school, there I couldn’t run away. Maybe I should skip school until graduation. I think the principal would agree if I told him that I where still mourning my parents. And tomorrow the flight to Jeju Island would take off from Incheon International Airport. Though I where quite sure that I weren’t going I still felt the urge to fallow. But then I’d have to meet MyungSoo and that only meant trouble.

I turned my body around so that I where lying on my side as I stared at my cell phone that was resting on the night stand in front of my eyes. Would I or would I not? Before I could make up my mind I had already fallen asleep. I didn’t know that just staring up on the ceiling all day could be this tiresome.

~~

My sleep was suddenly disturbed by the doorbell ringing, though I had no intentions to open the door so I just turned around and placed my pillow over the head so the loudness of the bell would lessen and then die out. But as the seconds past on and soon turned into minutes I scrambled to my feet’s, angry that I had been disturbed.

“YAH! I’m try…” my air was knocked out off me when I saw him, his facial features was hard as stone and his eyes where black as the night sky. And without for-warning he pushed himself past me and stepped inside the apartment as I stood there, frozen to the ground not knowing what I should do.

“Pack your things, the plane is leaving in three hours” he stated as I heard how he placed himself in the couch. Did he really think that I would come? Yeah right, in your dreams.

“I’m not going” I murmured as I closed the door and returned to his side, I stared at him as if I where challenging him. Though he suddenly stood up and grasped my arm. “You are coming so go and take a shower” he whispered through his teeth’s as he glared down on me.

“No, I’m not going anywhere” I fight against his grip that hardened, which caused me to winch in pain. It felt as if he were going to break the bones in my arm as he pulled me along the hallway and towards the bathroom. “Shower” he muttered and pushed me inside the bathroom. But I made no effort in doing what he was telling me, that until he told me that if I didn’t do what he said then he’d help me.

“I thought so” I could hear MyungSoo’s amused voice as I had slammed close the bathroom door and then also locked it. How come he isn’t angry at me? Many questions where circling inside my head as I stood there under the shower and let the water wash away any trace of dirt. But also that I felt some sort of relief, that MyungSoo hadn’t let me go just like that. He seemed to care that I’d been hurt by his actions.

“Hurry we need to get going soon” MyungSoo’s voice was somewhat cheerful, not the typical MyungSoo that I knew was now showing. Maybe he was finally starting to change and open up.

Hopefully my wishes would come true.

“YEH” I laughed for the first time since my parents had passed away, and all thanks to Kim MyungSoo. He was more precious to me than any other living being right now. But he didn’t know it. I hurried to wash myself off and dry myself with the towel that was hanging on the crook just outside of the shower.

My heart was pounding hard as I where packing my clothes into a suitcase. It was the first time I would fly and I where definitely not looking forward to the flight. What if the plane crashed? I didn’t want to die, not at the age 19. My suitcase packaging slowed down and I started to doubt if I really wanted to go to Jeju Island.

“MyungSoo?” he stared up at me as I began, I told him that I didn’t know if I could ride an airplane, not now. Not when one plunged into the Pacific Ocean two weeks ago, and killing my parents in the go. “Don’t you know that the safest way to travel is by plane?”

Was it? But then, why did it always feel like they reported airplane accidents on the news? If it was the safest way to travel then why was the news covered by the latest airplane crash at least once a month. “Sleep on the plane”

Maybe I could do that; it couldn’t be that hard to sleep on a plane right?

~~

Yeah that was plain bullsh*t, the engines sounded so loud that it was hard to even think, less either sleep.
*Ugh that liar* I glared at him, but he didn’t seem to care at all as he was listening to music on his iPhone. Luckily for me I’d gotten the one and only seat next to him, I’d got the seat next to the window. Which I didn’t know if I where suppose to be happy or scared over.

Though when we boarded the plane Im Hye took the seat next to where MyungSoo had placed himself down, which meant that I had to go and take another seat. But MyungSoo totally ignored her and went to take the empty seat next to me.

And that had made Im Hye beyond furious, but it wasn’t like I cared. For me she could suffer from jealousy her whole life.

I lightly tapped my finger on his shoulder, which caused him to shift his gaze from the seat in front of him and take out the earphone in his left ear.

“What?”

“I can’t sleep” I pouted like a little child as I gazed at him, his handsome features made my heart skip a beat and I felt how a blush crept up my face. Though he didn’t seem to notice it as he offered the earpiece he’d just taken out from his ear, I hesitantly took it in my hand and placed it in my right ear and listened to the music that was currently playing.

A smile plastered itself on my lips as I took notice what he was listening to, H.O.T, my favorite group, though many of today’s teenagers was listening to the latest Kpop group instead of the old-school ones.

It didn’t take long before I feel asleep, with my head on MyungSoo’s shoulder.