Battle

Betrayed

Chapter 9: Battle

 

-Xiumin’s POV-

We all gathered at Suho’s house and were about to head out for a cup of coffee when Minjee called me. “Oh. Who is that hyung? Minjee?” Luhan asked eagerly.

“Yah, when it comes to Minjee you are as fast as lightning!” Kris commented making the rest burst into laughter. “Seriously is she all you could think of?” He added as Luhan went bright red.

“Ah~ stop teasing him guys, you all know how he feels towards Minjee.” Sehun said as he defended Luhan. These two are always super close to each other. I shook my head and answer the phone.

As soon as I heard her sobbing my heart raced not knowing what happened. “Minjee-ah, wae? Why are you crying?” The guys suddenly went silent as Luhan quickly got to my side trying to listen to our conversation.

“Oppa~ can you get me?” She said as she sobbed again. My heart felt like it was breaking hearing her sobbed like this. She sounds just like when we lost our parents, both of them. “Oppa, parli. I’m near my school in my car. I just couldn’t drive.”

I didn’t say more as I rushed and grabbed my keys. “Luhan! I want you to come with me!” I shouted as I ran out. “HURRY!” Luhan rushed out as the others look at us without a clue what we’re doing.

“Meet us at the coffee shop!” Luhan shouted before me and with that we drove off. I told Luhan as we were on our way. I was pretty sure Luhan is as worried as I am. I saw her car parked at the side of the road. I told Luhan to go to her side and I’ll tag along behind them.

As much as I want to be with Minjee right now but I give this chance to Luhan. I knew it she was gonna be broken hearted by that guy. Luhan drove off which leaves me alone back in front of her school.

I am determined to at least punch the guy in the stomach. With the raging anger I got out of the car. Minjee often talks about him with me at dinner along with Kris but she only showed me his picture. She didn’t want Kris to know.

I entered the place with my memory as my guidance. I saw some few boys practicing soccer and I knew he was one of them. “Jung Jinyoung!” I shouted making them snapped their head at me.

I put my best smile and finally he caught my eye. I smirked as he walked towards me. “Annyeong~” I said and waved at him once. “Do you happen to be the soccer team’s captain?” I asked making him nod.

“Good then you know Minjee I assume.” I said smoothly making him furrow his eyebrows at me. “Look here’s the deal. Beat SM High in a game of soccer. Whoever wins will be Minjee’s boyfriend.” I pretended.

He scoffed at me as I said those words. “You can have her. I already broke up with her.” He arrogantly said as he turned his back at me.

“Are you chickening out at a battle here?” I said trying to trigger his competitive side. “I’m calling a battle.” I said as he looks at me.

“What does it have for us?” He questioned. I examine him from top to bottom. His soccer gear isn’t a joke. I should really test his skill.

“You hurt Minjee.” I said making him scoffed. “I just couldn’t take it since you make her shed tears.” I don’t want to make him know who I really am all I want is for him to think I am Minjee’s boyfriend.

“So? Shouldn’t you be happy that I let her be yours?” He said as his friends back him out. “You came solely at our school and dare to talk as if you have authority here?” He said as he walks forward towards me.

I am not afraid to fight him I just want him to punch me first. He balled up his fist and as he swings his fist at me someone blocked him. “Tsk. Tsk. Fighting alone hyung?” I heard someone said.

I turned around to see Tao and the rest except Minjee and Luhan. “Hyung, you should really invites us sometimes or at least show us the fun!” Chanyeol said as he cracks up his knuckles.

“Lets see who we have here, shall we?” Kai said as he looks at Jinyoung from bottom up. “Your soccer gear is fully equipped.” He commented. “How about we test your skills and see who is better at playing soccer?”

“Good call, your team against our team.” One of his friends called out. “It’ll be interesting to see who will lose.” He said confidently.

“Oh it will be a joke of the life time.” Suho said as he took a step ahead. “I don’t see why Minjee is so stuck up with this guy, hyung.” He said as he looks from Jinyoung to me.

“Me either. I think she was being possessed. Maybe he cast a spell on her.” Chen said shaking his head. “I mean seriously even if he is compared to me I think I would’ve pass.” And soon a pool of girls swarmed us.

“Oh who are they?”
“Woah they are so handsome!”
“Look at that tall one he look so cute!”
“Oh my god! Are they going to be enrolled here?”

“Ladies~” All 11 of us said as we bowed at the girls making them squeal. We’re used to this kind of treatments I mean it’s no different from our school anyway.

“Hey girls, do you guys happen to know Minjee?” Kris said out of the blue making me pinch his side silently. “I mean, I’m just curious.” He said shortly after.

“Urgh! Why does Minjee always have the hot guys?”
“Is she some sort of player?”
“Is she really cheating on Jinyoung? Whoa~”
“I can’t imagine this.”

I smacked my forehead and shook my head. “Girls, I’m single. Now quit with this cheating stuff ok?” Jinyoung said coolly as he gave the girls winks. I feel like I’m about to puke as the rest gasp of course since they knew nothing.

“NOW, should we do this battle? Or do you want to just lose.” I took the opportunity since there were many people surrounding us. “It would be a shame for your looks if you lose to us. I mean come on you girls have to admit we are good looking right?” I said as we all face the group of girls.

“I’ll accept your challenge. With one condition, if we win Minjee will be my girlfriend and if you win Minjee can be yours.” He said.

“Whoa there champ, are you sure about that?” Sehun said as if he’s all tough and stuff. We all shook our head at our maknae as he pull off this cool image of his. D.O pulled him back by his collar as we look away.

“Whatever there’s no prize at stake just see if anyone is fitted to play for the tournament?” One of the guys with a cap backwards said. “Cool?”

“Cool.” Both Baekhyun and Lay said in unison. Neither of us rejected them I guess it’s all set. The losing team can’t play in the tournament. “Wait isn’t this a bit too far?” Baekhyun suddenly said.

“Why can’t we just take off in the Tournament?” Lay added agreeing with Baekhyun after them calling it cool.

“You two were the one who agreed with it!” Chanyeol said as he slung his hand on Lay’s and Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Sort it out now.” He added.

“Tournament!” They both said making Jinyoung and the rest nod.

“Fine tournament it is.” They said and walked off. We coolly bowed to the crowd and smirked as we waved them goodbye.

“The girls here are really nice.” Tao complemented as he munched on the chocolate bar that was given to him. “Friendly too.”

“You’re saying that because they give you food didn’t you?” D.O said as they hopped in Chen’s van. “Hyung! Can I ride with you? It’s like packed there.” D.O shouted and ran towards me.

“Me too!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun said. I nodded and told the others not to tell Minjee about the battle or she’ll never want to meet us ever again. I called the school and told them that I wanna transfer Minjee tomorrow and that I’ll take the paper works tomorrow since my class starts late.

We finally arrived and came up with so many excuses about us being late. “Oppa~” Minjee said as she hugged me. Luhan looked at me and shook his head. ‘She’s heartbroken.’ He mouthed making me nod my head. Luhan told us everything that Minjee told him as I embrace Minjee in my arms.

“You want oppa to talk to him?” I said and broke the hug. “You know you can always have us to back you up.” I added as I wipe her tears away. “Oppa will always have your back Minjee-ah. Since we’re little till now, I will always care for you. You’re the only family I have Minjee I wouldn’t want to lose you.”

“Oppa can’t I just date you?” She said as she sniffed. “You’re the only guy I find so handsome and cool.” She said making the others cough like they’re just infested with some weird disease. Minjee let out a short giggle and face them. “Of course you all are good looking but not as handsome as my brother.” She said squishing her face against mine.

“You two do look cute together.” Lay said as he nodded his head. “If only you guys aren’t related by blood then I would’ve approve it.” He said again making us laugh. Minjee was laughing too.

Minjee smiled and wiped her tears away. She got to each one of us and hugged us. “Thank you… I knew I could count on you guys to make me smile.” She said and held my hand. “Maybe I should start dating one of you guys.” She said and looks as if she’s really thinking.

“Yah! Do you think you can just say that as if it’s a job vacancy? Huh? Are you just gonna promote yourself like that? ‘Hey guys! I’m single! Call me!’ Like that?” I said and smack her arm.

“You don’t have to hit me!” She said and pouted. “Oppa, I hate you~” She said childishly and got to Kris’s side. “Kris-oppa, Xiumin-oppa just hit me. Hit him for me.” She said cutely making Kris chuckled.

“Do you want me to hit him hard?” Kris said as he got to my side. I felt at ease as I saw the smile on Minjee’s face. She’s my one and only sister and I really love her. I wanna protect her as much as I could. And seeing her smile is enough to make me feel happy.

Here's the 2nd update for today :)

Will update again on Thurs or Fri KST

Oh! And I would like to say

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KREASE!

^^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY G.O