treasure in life

Betrayed

-Your POV-

I finally woke up after that long nap and turned around to look at my alarm clock. It’s 6 AM in the morning. Wow! That was a very long slumber. I shook my head and decided to go to the bathroom and get my shower. After I was done with the usual routine I walked down and saw everyone sleeping in the living room.

The room is super clean. Did they win? When did they come home? Wow I think I was dead last night! I shook my head and headed over to the kitchen to fix them something to eat.

“Minjee~ you’re finally up!” I turned around and saw D.O drying his hair with a towel. “You don’t know how worried we were trying to see if you’re home or not.” He said as he walked over to me.

“I was at home. I just fell asleep and somehow died? I don’t know I was such a deep sleeper.” I said and sighed. I bit my lower lips and sat on the stool as I rested my head on the kitchen counter. “I’ve been making you guys worried lately.” I said somehow feeling guilty.

“And aggressive when we ever try to wake you up.” He mumbled as making me shot a glare at him. Hey I ain’t deaf. “Well at least you are safe and sound. Good thing Kris has spare keys around the house.” He said as he took out the pots and pan. “Wanna help me with breakfast?” He asked as I nodded my head.

“Can I do it alone? I mean it’s kinda an apology thing.” I requested as D.O nodded his head. “Oh hey, did you guys won? I haven’t heard from you guys.” I said finally remembering it.

“We promised not to tell you. Well ask Xiumin once he’s up.” He said with a gloomy face. Oh you don’t know how that triggers the curiosity in me. I pouted and look at him with puppy eyes. “I knew you would do that so we’ve prepared for that.” He said and put on a mask. “We think ahead of you~” He said and walks away quickly bumping to anything that was on his way.

“They are such a troublesome people!” I said and shook my head. I got cooking straight away and as soon as I was done everyone was up of course because D.O was waking them up. “Oppa~ you better tell me if you guys have won or not?” I pleaded as I saw Xiumin walking down.

“You’ll know once we get to school later.” He said and sat down next to me. “Why did you make us all worried last night? You could’ve made some noise or something… I almost lost my mind!”

“I don’t know either! I was like seriously in deep sleep and didn’t even realize anything!” I said defending myself. “You know I wouldn’t ignore you guys on purpose right?” I said and started munching on my food.

“Pfft, right once you ignored us because you were not in the mood to talk to anyone.” Chen mumbled to himself as he sat down. I look at him and shot him glares as I stopped eating. “Ahem… did you hear that?” He coughed and look at anywhere but me.

“No I’m deaf I can’t hear anything… of course I do! That was different. I talked to Xiumin afterwards you all know that!” I explained as he nodded his head and puffed his cheeks.

“Yes, you talked to Xiumin after he threatens you. Is that really what you say not on purpose? You could’ve at least leaved us a note or something.” Kris said joining the war between me and Chen. I sighed got up. “Where are you going?” He asked worriedly.

“I’m going to the kitchen to clean my plate.” I solemnly said after losing my appetite. Why is everyone so harsh on me early in the morning? What I can’t sleep is it? It was just an unpredicted incident. I mean I’m not the kind to be in deep sleep like that. Why would they hold grudge on me?

As I was washing my dish tears slowly stream down my cheeks without me realizing it. Was I always this kind of a burden to them? I mean I frequently make them feel worried about me nowadays and it’s not even my intention to.

I felt someone rubbing my back which made me look up and it was Baekhyun. He pushed me aside slowly, gently and continued washing my dish along with his. I wiped my tears and sat down on the floor hugging my knees.

“You know they were just worried. They never mean to make you feel bad.” He said and dried off his hand with the hand towel and sat down next to me. “I know how they felt to be honest I was kinda mad at you too. But I contain them because I know you’re suffering.” He said and looked at me.

“I’m sorry… I’m really sorry.” I said and cried letting emotion taking over me.

-Author’s POV-

The others heard your cry which made guilt wash them as they lowered their head. “Mianhae Xiumin-ah.” Chen apologizes with guilt clearly written in his face. It was never his intention to make you cry.

Kris on the other hand felt worse about himself for adding oil to the fire. He’s been living with you for the past few years and though you guys constantly fight he never goes off limit by making you cry and this was his first to ever made you cry. He knows you are going through a hard time being backstabbed by someone you trusted and seeing the guy you love dates your best friend and he should know better than that.

“Were we that mean to her?” Lay spoke after the room finally quieted down after your cry slowly fades as you calmed yourself down in Baekhyun’s embrace. Baekhyun, the guy who always comforted you when you feel down, the guy who constantly makes you feel better.

Luhan couldn’t take it anymore and stood up with his plate and walked to the kitchen. He placed his plate down in the sink and turned towards you. He pulled you out of Baekhyun’s hug and led you out to the car.

He drove off before the others could even catch up with you guys. “How are you feeling?” He questioned as he kept his eyes on the road. “Should we ditch school today?” He added shortly after.

“I… I don’t think I should skip since I’m a newbie.” You stuttered. You were stunned at his sudden action. Tears were seen in his eyes but he held back. “Luhan-ah, gwenchana?” You asked as Luhan pulled to a stop as the light turned red.

“I should’ve told you…” He said integrating more curiousness into your mind. “I met up with Sunhi the day you got discharged.” He slowly said making you feel odd inside. “I knew her plans. If only I was brave enough to tell you in advance so you can actually prepare yourself for the worse but I didn’t know it would happen so soon.”

“Mwoah? Luhan-ah, what are you saying?” You questioned as tears fell down his cheeks. “You met Sunhi? What is it that happened so soon? Luhan-ah, what are you saying?” You asked again.

Luhan puffed up his cheeks and wiped his tears away. “I got curious about my feelings towards Sunhi, you remember the day I told you I have bad feelings about her well I went to see her.” He started off, “When I got to your school she was there, I stopped her and asked her to go to the café with me and she agreed to. We talked and she told me about her plan to make you break up with Jinyoung. I should’ve told you right away but she told me you wouldn’t believe me and you’ll say I’m a liar and never trust me again.” He admitted.

“I can’t believe this…” you said out loud as you sighed. Luhan bit his lower lips and tried to focus on driving.

“She warned me you won’t believe me.” Luhan said.

“It’s not that… I just can’t believe you didn’t tell me. I knew how much a manipulator that girl is… you could’ve said something to someone, anyone.” You sighed and placed your hand on top of his. Your drive to school was silent though Luhan constantly look at you just to make sure you’re fine. He felt guilty for telling you that so late but what could he do.

Your days at school are like every other day at SM High. So the guys won and it surprises you since they were up with YG High but hey SM High is the best! And soon slowly guys at SM High started to give you small notes and slowly present increase as your name spread throughout the school. Luhan of course felt jealous of the competition, as he saw you smiling reading the letters that were given to you.

“Are you that happy to receive letters?” Luhan asked after you fold the paper and put it back into the envelope. “Or you just like to read letters?” He said again as you giggled.

“Is someone jealous? Yea, I like receiving presents and letters it makes me feel loved.” You said as the others chuckled. “Oppa doesn’t mind me gaining popularity why should you be complaining?” You said making Luhan rolled his eyes at you.

“Luhan is jealous obviously,” Xiumin said,
“He just doesn’t want to admit it.” Tao continued for Xiumin. They all laughed and stood up as the school bell rang. The day went by fast and without you knowing it was time for dinner already.

You, Kris and Chen gathered at the back yard with of course the others spying on you three. “We just wanna say sorry for this morning.” Chen started off as you nodded your head.

“Just forget it. I was being emotional myself.” You admitted as Kris sighed.

“We should know that, I mean you had a pretty much rough journey in terms of emotion.” Kris added. You didn’t hesitate and hugged them both. So things with between the three of you were settled and things just went back to usual. You guys could never fight for long and things always runs that way, no matter what is the problem.

You look at each of them secretly as they teased each other, laughing and playing around. The new family you and Xiumin found… they are truly your treasure in life. EXO… no words could describe how much they mean to you.

 

 

Hey my wonderful subscriber and of course my readers :)

Here's my second update for today ^u^

Hehe~

ENJOY~ :D