Best friend

Betrayed

Chapter 5: Best friend

 

-Your POV-

I was reading my book when I heard someone knocking on the door. “Come in.” I said and saw Luhan walking in with a bouquet of flower. “Aww, you bought me flowers.” I said cheerily making him smile.

“Yea, and something else.” He said and pulled out a box of chocolate from his back. “Ta-da.”

“OMG! I love this!” I said and took the chocolate and the flower. “Oh! I have good news.” Luhan immediately perked up once I said about good news. “I’m going to get discharge later.” I said cheery.

“Aw, I was gonna stay back and accompany you tonight.” He pouted.

“You should’ve done it last night! I can’t even sleep well…” I complained and pouted back at him.

“You could’ve called me.” He countered back. I nodded my head in defeat. Luhan is always so caring towards me. He’s like my second big brother. Well no one can beat Xiumin. He’s always my number 1 big brother in the whole world.

“Points, well I called Baekhyun and well he made me feel better.” I said smiling. I could see his expression changed but then he look at me and smile. I feel something was up but I just couldn’t figure it out.

“Well that’s good.” He said and stood up. “Do you want anything? I’m going out to buy some drinks.” He said as he looks at me with those pretty eyes of him.

“I want chocolate milk.” I said cutely and full with aegyo. I knew he couldn’t hold it. None of the EXO members could hold in when I did my aegyo. They’ll just bombard me and tried to pinch my cheeks.

“Ah~ kyeopta!” He said trying to pinch my cheek. I managed to avoid him and stuck my tongue out. “Arasso, arasso I’ll get going now.” He said with a smile.

It was about a few minutes after Luhan went out when the door creaks open. I was surprised to see who it was. “Oh, Sunhi-ah.” I said and blinked at her.

“What? You look like as if you’ve seen a ghost or something.” She said and sat next to me. “Why didn’t you tell me you’re in the hospital? Are you keeping secrets from your best friend now?” She questioned.

“How… how did you know I’m in the hospital?” I asked making her look at me. “I mean…” I hesitated a little and look at Sunhi worriedly. How should I tell this to her? I bit my lower lips and sighed.

“What? You don’t want us to know? Hey, everyone in the campus knows about you in the hospital. Someone must’ve seen you.” She explained and placed the basket of fruits on the table.

“The whole school knows?” I said in surprised. She nodded in response and took her phone out. She showed me the school gossip forum and saw one of the student’s texts about me being hospitalized.

“You do need to know that we’re the queenka.” She said and sighed. “Why didn’t you call me or anything? I have to know you’re here because of the forum.” She nagged.

“I don’t want anyone to know I’m here.” I said and puffed out air. I pouted and look at her. “By any chance do you think Jinyoung knows about me being in here?” I said nervously.

“Possibly, if he does reads the forum, if it’s not him then maybe one of his friends, maybe.” She said and tapped her chin with her index finger. “Why you ask? Don’t tell me Jinyoung doesn’t know about this?” She gasped.

“He doesn’t. I kinda got in a fight with him.” I admitted making her gape at me. I sighed and puffed my cheeks. “We’re not talking to each other.” I admitted.

“Why? Did you do something wrong? OMG why didn’t you tell me?!” She freaked and flails her hands in the air like a mad person.

“Even I don’t know. He just got mad at me for no reason. I’m still trying to figure out what I did wrong here.” I said in frustration. “Hey, could you do me a favor? Could you like you know dig it up from him?” I pleaded. She sighed and nodded. “Oh I love you, I love you, I love you Sunhi-ah!” I chanted and hug her.

“Well I’ll try. Hey, will you be in on Monday?” She asked making me nod. “Ok then. I have to go. See you in school on Monday bestie~” She said and waves me goodbye.

Luhan walks in as soon as she got out. “Who was that?” He asked curiously and points out at her direction as he constantly looks at her. I gave him a weird look.

“She’s my best friend. Why do you ask?” I question back. “You keep on looking back why?” I widen my eyes as he snapped his head back at me. “By any chance do you like her? Love on the first sight?” I teased as he hits my hand.

“Yah, is that how it feels like falling in love on the first sight?” I look at him confused not getting what he was saying. “If it is than I will never ever follow my heart and pursue her.” He added.

“What are you saying?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I have bad feelings about her. Are you serious that she’s your best friend?” I rolled my eyes at him and decided to ignore him.

“I’m going to take my meds. Wake me up when the others came ok? Xiumin-oppa said I can go home once everyone gathered here.” I said and took the pills and swallowed them. I took the water that Luhan handed me and gave him back the empty cup.

I pulled the blanket up and Luhan helped me as he tucked me in. “Sleep well Minjee-ah.” He said and took a seat on the chair. I gave him a weary smile before I doze off.

-Luhan’s POV-

In front of me right now is a sleeping angel that I wanted to protect. To me she’s everything. I just don’t know why I couldn’t bring myself to tell her how much she means to me. As much as I wanna tell her that I love her I just had to keep it to myself till the time is right.

I was reading this story book I bought and even so her sleeping figure still makes me lose concentration. I sighed and placed the book on the table. I thought back about her best friend. Sure she's pretty but damn I don't like how I feel about her.

I sighed as I look at her. Well on top it all Minjee is still the prettiest to me. I was about to lean in and kiss her cheek when the door creaks open as all the 11 boys walked in.

“Ey, trying to do something there mister?” Xiumin said as he narrowed his eyes on me.

“Nothing, nothing at all. I was just trying to see if she’s awake or not.” I denied and sat back uncomfortably and act as if nothing happen. No matter how much I want to deny it these boys would never let it slips off.

Life… being with them maybe fun but it can make you wish you never knew them. I sighed and look for Sehun. “Sehun-ah, I’m hungry.” I whined making him smile.

“I bought bubble tea on the way here.” He said and gave me his cup. “Wanna share?” I happily took it and took a gulp before giving it back to Sehun.

Sehun is like a little baby brother to me. Well not just me, but the entire group treats him like a baby brother. He is the maknae of course.

 

Here's an update ;)

Hope you guys enjoy it.