Her Smile

Betrayed

Chapter 3: Her smile

 

-Xiumin’s POV-

I paced back and forth as I anxiously waited for Minjee’s return. Where is she? Why is she so late? Where has she run off to? Is she alright? Should I search for her?

Endless questions filled my head as I’m worried about my one and only little sister. She’s the only family I have. “Hyung, stop pacing.” Suho said as he stood up and got to my side.

“I can’t help it!” I shrieked as I ruffled my head. “I’m worried.” I confessed and flopped myself on the couch next to Luhan.

“We’re worried even more looking at you doing this.” D.O said as he walks in with a plate filled with freshly baked cookies. Even though everyone swarmed around the food D.O made my appetite seems to have abandoned me.

“Eat. It’ll help to ease your mind.” Chanyeol said as he gives me a cookie.

“I’m not hungry.” I said rejecting the food. My heart felt uneasy. I glance at the clock which shows it’s already 8 PM. I know she’s a grown girl but I’ve been taking care of her since she was 7 and I never allowed her to run around past 6 more over now since it’s raining heavily.

Our family is kinda complicated. Mom left the world when we were just kids which made dad to be a single parent taking care of us. I was 10 and she was 7. Dad could care less to take care of us.

All he did was come home late at night drunk and high. I had to work after school at the kind ahjumma’s store to support my school funds and little sister’s together with our living expenses.

Though the pay wasn’t really enough but the kind ahjumma help as much as she could until we are all grow up. Everything was fine although we’re constantly in pain because our dad abuses us and going through hard times working for our daily meals but it was ok for us as long as we have each other. Well to me as long as I could see her smile.

Well everything was ok until one day tragedy struck us again when dad was involved in a car accident after he realized he hit his own daughter and ran out of the house. I always knew dad was a hardworking man and when the insurance company came we seems to be at ease about money issues.

I’m still working but not as hard as it used to be. Well it’s obvious since I was a little kid when I first work. Things just get better and better when I met my friends, all 11 dear brothers to me. They knew my situation and always tend to help out.

Kris let us live with him since he was bored living alone. He’s a transfer student from Canada and things just smoothly run along. Minjee and I were thankful to him and all my friends for helping out.

“Xiumin-ah, why don’t you give her a call?” Kai said as he munched on the cookies. I nod my head and as I was about to dial her number Luhan shot up from his seat which startled everyone.

“She’s back!” He said and rushed out. “Xiumin-ah! Parli help her!” He shrieked as I dashed out to see her soaked wet and her eyes were puffy. “Minjee-ah, gwenchana?” Luhan asked as Minjee weakly nods her head.

Chen and Tao went out too with a towel and wrapped it around her as Luhan supported her and slowly help her in. “Minjee-ah, what happen to you?” I asked worriedly as the others made space for her on the couch.

“Oppa~” She said softly which squeezed my heart. Lay stood next to her and placed his palm on her forehead.

“She’s having a fever.” He said and looks at Minjee restlessly. “We should bring her to the doctor.” He suggested as he placed his hand again on her forehead.

“Hyung, haja.” Luhan said who was supporting Minjee. “Before it got worse.” He added and looks at Minjee. “Minjee haja.”

Minjee didn’t budge. I always knew she hated to go to the hospital. Even when she’s weak and helpless she would always refuse go. I sighed and walked to the kitchen to get a bowl and a towel. I filled the bowl with cold water and walked back to the living room.

“You guys know she hates to go to the hospitals right?” I said and asked her to lie down. Luhan scooted over and let Minjee lay on his lap. I gave him a quick look but shrugged it off because I know how much he cares as much as I am.

“But in this condition she’ll get worse.” Sehun said as everyone nodded. “We can’t let that be.” He added and placed his hand on my shoulder. I slowly placed the damp towel on her forehead and stood up.

“We’re worried too hyung, just give in and take her to the hospital.” Suho said.

“We’ll carry her if she refuses.” Tao said and worriedly smile at me. They are always a help to me. “Hey, come on.” He added. Let’s face it, they are as stubborn as Minjee. Once they say something there’s nothing that can stop them. I gave in and nodded. Luhan insisted that he should carry Minjee in his arms alone.

-Luhan’s POV-

I ignore my friend’s teasing comment and focus on Minjee. Her body felt like it is burning. I’m worried for her. I’m serious if I ever meet that boy I’m gonna give him a life lesson for making Minjee like this.

“Luhan-ah~” She slowly said as she opens her eyes. I let her rest on my lap as Baekhyun drive us to the hospital. I was in the back seat with her in my lap and Chanyeol sits on the passenger seat.

“Minjee-ah, are you ok?” I asked as I brushed her bangs away. She coughed which made Chanyeol snapped his head back.

“Gwenchana?” He asked as he looks at Minjee.

“Where are we going?” Minjee said ignoring our questions. “Where’s Xiumin-oppa?” She said and tried to get up.

“Hospital.” Baekhyun said as he focused on the road. Minjee moved again slightly which made me stop her.

“Don’t be stubborn Minjee-ah, please.” I pleaded and look at her in the eyes. All I could see was a sorrowful heart. “Xiumin is following us in Suho’s car.” I said with a small smile.

“But…” She weakly said but I cut her off.

“No buts Minjee. We need to get you to the doctor ok? Now rest.” I said and smiled at her. She means a lot to me. Although I couldn’t have her right now but it won’t stop me from trying to make her realize how much I like her.

Seeing her smile is all that I wanted.

 

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hi guys~

Hey Ladies~

*Sings Nilili Mambo*

So I have new poster and background~

How do you guys like it?

Anyway, here's the update :)